I built this way back when before the forums went offline for the Hero Factory Rahi contest. I couldn't enter it then because, well, the forums were offline. Anyone know how to enter it now? Anyway, the Core Dragon is a fearsome beast known for it’s glittering hero core-shaped scales used to lure unsuspecting heroes to their doom.Legend has it that the Witch Doctor used his terrible powers to create it out of viruses and liquid Quatros. It formerly plagued Makohero City, destroying many great structures. A group of heroes were dispatched to take care of him. They managed to trap him in an undersea cave under a hundred-foot-thick sheet of ice. The Witch Doctor later sent a few of his servants to release it. It continued wrecking havoc until Larry Lhikan and his Hero team subdued it and gave it to a group of scientists hoping to reproduce it mechanically. It escaped, however, and now resides on Quatros, eager to "deal with" any heroes it meets.1318623405m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623415m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623425m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623434m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623445m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623455m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623466m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623476m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623486m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623507m_SPLASH.jpg 1318623498m_SPLASH.jpg Thanks for looking! C&C appriciated as always! And be sure to tell me how to get it in the contest if you know.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Awesome! That's a good use of HF cores, and the use of hands as hips is pretty creative. (I tried it once; didn't work.)

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

OH MAI!I love the head, it looks quite cute and curious!The one and only thing I object to on this MOC is the HF cores on the tail. They clash with the rest of the MOC.

I wanted to use every HF core that was available at the time in the tail, kind of as an inventory of the many heroes the dragon had supposably defeated. I kept the body cores the main colors, but I thought that the tail cores added a fun bit of contrast to the MOC. Of course, with lime, yellow, and orange, it already had alot of contrast...And thank you, I like the head too. I kind of want to remake it in orange, it might work for a MOC of that orange Pokemon dragon thing whatshisname. Edited by Lego Obsessionist

wait...i thought the hero factory contest ended the day the forums went down... i'll have to check... Anyway, this an amazing Moc! I like the head; it's done very nicely, the way you used the Stars foot to add to the top. Great job on the tail; my only complaint is that the pincers at the end look slightly...um...large for this creation. I think I understand why the cores are included even though they clash...is it because it's a "core" dragon??

Awesomeness

wait...i thought the hero factory contest ended the day the forums went down... i'll have to check... Anyway, this an amazing Moc! I like the head; it's done very nicely, the way you used the Stars foot to add to the top. Great job on the tail; my only complaint is that the pincers at the end look slightly...um...large for this creation. I think I understand why the cores are included even though they clash...is it because it's a "core" dragon??

Indeed, it is a "core" dragon, thus the cores. Plus I had picked up more hero cores than anyone really needs or wants at pick-a-brick, and wanted to use them. And I liked the parallel to the Kanohi Dragon of Bionicle.

Haha, that's actually so great :)Really digging the use of those Corroder spikes on the back. They work really well as back-spikes, and I'm wondering now why I haven't seen more MOCs integrating them this well.I like the head. It may be a bit blocky, but overall it has the desired effect as a dragon head. Cutesy eyes are cutesy :3Not a big fan of the tail. It looks too long, and doesn't really fit the dragon itself. Perhaps if it started bulky then got gradually thinner it would've worked. Hero cores are very ehh too.I'm also not liking the legs. If the front fore-limbs angled backwards instead of outwards, as if it was going to pounce, it could look better. The back-legs should be triple-jointed IMO. But yes, overall it's pretty great. Made me smile at first glance, at any rate :) -FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Haha, that's actually so great :)Really digging the use of those Corroder spikes on the back. They work really well as back-spikes, and I'm wondering now why I haven't seen more MOCs integrating them this well.I like the head. It may be a bit blocky, but overall it has the desired effect as a dragon head. Cutesy eyes are cutesy :3Not a big fan of the tail. It looks too long, and doesn't really fit the dragon itself. Perhaps if it started bulky then got gradually thinner it would've worked. Hero cores are very ehh too.I'm also not liking the legs. If the front fore-limbs angled backwards instead of outwards, as if it was going to pounce, it could look better. The back-legs should be triple-jointed IMO. But yes, overall it's pretty great. Made me smile at first glance, at any rate :) -FtC

I'll admite that the tail isn't great. For the front legs, I wanted them to extend sideways to imply more bulkyness and power. I'm really proud of how they look. The back legs could be better, I'll admit, but they needed to be relitively short and if their were three joints at least one of them would be so short as to look awkward and forced.

It has really nice shape and I like the part usage all over. I just see too many colors. The three main ones you appear to have used (orange, yellow, and lime) clash slightly, but I can overlook that. It's the rainbow tail that seems out of place on a dragon.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

That color scheme is quite nice however I think it would be better if you gave it wings :P

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Looks great, the snout is particularly well made IMO. The use of HF plates is good, but the amny colors on the tail is just distracting. Everywhere els,e it's orange, yellow, or lime green [i never would have thought of that combination, actually :P], and then ZOMG WHITE RED PURPLE WHAT HAPPENEDGet my point?

{Z}

That... is... Adorable. I like the colors, they really make it a unique design and a cool-looking dragon. The head has amazing detail, especially for something this small. I like the combination of BIONICLE, Hero Factory, and SYSTEM pieces to build the structure and detail. I also like the use of a Krana on the chest, because it adds an interesting texture similar to abdominal pattern. Great job!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I really like this MoC. The body design is very complex and creative. I really enjoy your use of Hero Factory Cores. How did you get so many? :P I also like the head. The mask used (I can't recall who's mask it is) to make out the bottom of the head, was a very creative addition. Keep up the good work! :) Also, you should probably give links to all of the images rather than embedding them all in the post. This helps people with slower computers to be able to view the topic. -Rez

This creation really looks good overall, and is pretty creative, but as alot of people have said before, the trans orange around the eyes, and assorted cores of differing colors really detract from the MOC. If the aforementioned peices were either removed and replaced with prices that matched in color to the rest of the MOC it would really help to improve the MOC.

Edited by :Soren:

The space left blank for no reason.

I love the idea of this moc, plus the bionicle-hf crossover. I'm impressed that you managed to cover almost every inch of a fairly big moc with hero cores, and the haphazardness of the colors on the tail gives it kind of a rainbow karp vibe. The head looks really nice, it is usually really difficult to make a good looking head out of bionicles, but this one looks great! My only problem is that its a bit too cute to be a hero-devouring monster, but thats quite alright.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Whoa, really nice use of old and new pieces, you work with the new HF system very well, and good integration of masks and Krana and such. Very nice design. The colour design is so odd (yellow, lime green and orange) that it actually looks pretty good. Solid and cool design, great beastie you got there.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I love the look of this dragon. Colors clash a bit, but they fit together too, and I like that about this. The head is very creative, the Stars foot and the Matau mask together is brilliant, just love how it looks. You've even found a use for the Corroder claw(?) pieces! If I had to complain about anything, I'd have a very hard time doing so. You must be proud of building something so great! :)

I love the look of this dragon. Colors clash a bit, but they fit together too, and I like that about this. The head is very creative, the Stars foot and the Matau mask together is brilliant, just love how it looks. You've even found a use for the Corroder claw(?) pieces! If I had to complain about anything, I'd have a very hard time doing so. You must be proud of building something so great! :)

Thank you! I was proud of it when I first built it, and am still now, but their are definitely some flaws I wish I had fixed.

Thank you! I was proud of it when I first built it, and am still now, but their are definitely some flaws I wish I had fixed.
There's always room for improvement! Glad you're happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...