Change In The New Member Policy

Black Six

If you check out the BZPower Rules & Guidelines you may notice a small change in the New Member Policy.Instead of requiring ten posts to get moved from the New Members group to the Members group, we now require five posts to get the bump.There are several reasons for this:

• No one has abused the system in recent history.
  • The few spambots that have made it onto BZP have been found well before they reached ten or even five posts.
  • This allows new people joining to site to get the full benefits of membership (such as using the PM system) faster.
  • It makes for less work for the staff in approving posts

As a final note - to those New Members who have already made five posts but not ten, you will likely have to make one more post before you get get bumped into the Members group. Sorry for the inconvenience.If you have any questions or comments you can post them here.

This is great. I've seen more and more good newbies experiencing major inconveniences with the old policy lately-the change looks good.
I agree with Armadijo here, this is great for the newer people. It's also great for me, because I've got a few friends who I'm convincing to join the site, if only for the Roleplaying.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

As someone who until yesterday was still a New Member, I completely support this, though it didn't make much of a difference for me: I was already at 9 posts when I saw this topic had been made, so I had to get to 10 anyway.

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

I think it'll be great to finally be able to PM people in that 5-10 range.
This. That bugged me the most when I was a Forum Mentor, and still bugs me now (just less frequently). =P I wish FMs could PM new members, but hey, this will make it a little better, at least. And it'll definitely be easier on both the staff and new members. Good to see everyone is reacting positively. ^_^newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Less is more, would be the right phrase for this. Works for me, it also lowers the amount of times new members will post to complain about how they can't PM anybody or don't have the full benefits of membership for some reason. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Seems like a nice little change; as long as the spambots are getting caught, may as well make things easier for the real members. I'm a moderator on a forum with a bad spambot problem, and it's always a pain.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I thought Admins were all about giving us more work and never letting us rest?? :???:
Yeah I know they never let us take a break from all the resting. :wacko:-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^