Loganto The Le Matoran.

Lemony Lepid

Try not to double post without new content such as a new Comic or a Preview of a comic. Otherwise it just counts as double posting. Instead of just double posting you could edit the post before that with any new information or you could post a comic as well as the comment.As for your comics, I think they're doing very well. So far my favorite one was the sleep one. I find it entertaining because of how relatable it is and how realistic it actually is. Backgrounds could use some work but since you don't use gimp aside from simple effects, I can't really help you with any actual useful info. Perhaps if you can use gradients on the program you use, that might help as well as smoothing out things such as couches and such. Perspective might help with things as well (like stairs getting smaller as they get farther). Can't say much about the comedy, its an interesting style. Most of it is quite entertaining though so no complaints there. All around an awesome job on the series.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

"I bore you, for I am nothing." BEST. QUOTE. EVER. That was the best part of the whole comic.It is rather sad. Tip: Since you have GIMP, by the look of things, you should select the panel before the lights were on, and then went to Colors>Brightness/Contrast and darkened it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have gimp... but I dont use it... :3I use paint.net... which is easyer for me to use. :3works just fine. :3I am only 13... :3
I would really consider using GIMP if I were you. While paint.net can be good at times, other times it will not get you as far as what GIMP will get you. I find GIMP to be quite easy to use. If you have trouble with it you can always go check out the Official GIMP Help Topic or Official How to Make Comics Topic for more help. Being 13 should not limit you to lower quality. I'm 13 and can use GIMP just fine.Now, onto the comics. The graphics are obviously not top notch, I'm not saying they're horrible, but they could use a lot of work. The speech bubbles are almost always off center and such. The grammar is I'm afraid atrocious. I know it may not seem important, but grammar makes it much easier for the reader to follow and will get you a considerably more amount of views. The backgrounds need some work. While 16 bit backgrounds can work sometimes, they look incredibly unprofessional and take away from the rest of the comic. I would work a bit on your comic props as well. Also, this is where GIMP can really come in handy, when you rotated the character's head in panel 4 in your newest comic, it became distorted and blurry. With GIMP there are multiple ways to get around that. I'm not sure about paint.net. There probably are ways, but they'll definitely be more difficult. Now I must say, I love the kit you're using, but it really doesn't seem to fit the comic style you have going. Chimoru R is a more serious sort of kit, whereas your comics seem to be leaning towards the more comedic side of things. Kind of a minor thing, but it can be important at times. I would use Six Shade Chimoru or something around those lines for your comics. The panels...are definitely not aligned properly. This really takes away from the comics because to be honest it looks like a bunch of panels floating on a white background in its current state.A bit of variety in your panel choice would be nice. In your newest comic the same general background is used for the entirety of the comic. It's not always a bad thing, but it can get a bit repetitive at times and it makes the comic maker look like he didn't put a lot of effort into the comic. I'm not saying you didn't, but that's what it can sometimes appear as. And finally, font choice. The font really, really doesn't fit the comics. I hope I don't seem too harsh, but it really needs to be changed to something more comical. Perhaps Comics Sans, or something along those lines would fit your comics the best. Maybe even looking on certain font sites for a good font to use would be a good idea. You just need to find a font fit for you that's not the default Time's New Roman or Calibri. I don't really have much to say on the plot or storyline as there doesn't seem to be one developing at the moment. The characters seem to be fairly good as well. Overall, I see a lot of potential in your comic series. And don't think that this really long critique is a bad thing. In fact, it's quite the opposite. If I didn't see potential in you or a passion to succeed in making comics, I wouldn't bother to take the time to even give you this criticism. Great job man! Keep up the good work! :)-Rez Edited by .:Reznas:.

I just got lectured. COOL!BTW... Look what I drew!http://www.brickshel.../logantotlm.png
I was afraid you would view it as a lecture of sorts. But no, it's not a lecture, it's a critique. I'm only giving you advice on how you can improve. There's a difference between a critique and a lecture. A critique is when you suggest different ways to improve, a lecture is when you tell someone what they did wrong and what they should have done (Do note that there are other meanings for a lecture). I know they seem similar, but I'm not reprimanding you for anything. I'm only giving you advice as I see fit. As for the drawing, nice job. Did you make this in paint.net? One thing I must note is that the edges seem to be a bit rough. There are easy ways to fix them and I'm sure you can figure out ways to do so. Just a suggestion however. Keep up the good work! I see a lot of potential in you, in many areas. :)-Rez

My advice: Stop doing it on purpose.Now, on to the comics. It's building up suspense, but could use more zing. At the speed you release these, you could have just combined the second and third New Mask comics. By the way, WOW that's a lot of posters around the house.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Paint dot net is what Im sticking with. and I think my comics are fine without gimp.comic's new look at things: http://www.brickshel...ppyface/pdn.png
You don't need GIMP to make your comics look good. Paint.NET (in some cases) can work just as well as GIMP. If you feel more comfortable with Paint.NET, go for it. There have been comic makers (lavaside rahi, DJ N00bslayer) who made/make their comics in Microsoft Paint of all programs. :P And their comics look really good.It all has to do with what you're comfortable with, if you ask me.The preview looks really good, too. It's good to see you improving more and more with every comic. :) Keep it up! This series has potential.

naw man

Things do indeed seem...shinier. Not much else to say.Now as for the actual comic, glad to see you improved this much! Everything's so perfectly glowy, aligned, and bordered. The mask...makes me think of something, which you get a cookie for if you get the reference.LOGANTO IS HAVING A SEIZURE, LOGANTO IS HAVING A SEIZURE, LOGANTO IS HAVING A SEIZUUUUUUUUURRRREEEEEE...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

LOL. Cat spit clearly contains all the necessary enzymes for a fully activated mask...and rage issues.Hey cool, I'm there! To everyone who doesn't know, I sent him my Matoran sprite because my Toa form can't fit in his panels.Yep...stealing pie. I feel like a hypocrite now for all the times I attacked others for doing that to me in my other appearances. XD

Pk57sNJ.jpg