The Slender Man Mythos

Sumiki

From Lord Koji's post to begin the previous topic:

Since I think making topics for the series based off of it would be against the rules, since most seem to be on the unnameable video site which you all know as a result of it being 'unnameable', I'll make it for the mythos as a whole. Considering Slendy isn't a cryptid, this would not go in the crytozoology topic. He's an internet creation, and the creepiest thing I know of, thus it falls into its own topic. So, anyone else familiar with his mythos and Alternate Reality Games (Movies)?

This is now the new topic for all things tall and faceless, so long as I didn't miss another previous one on one of my five searches of COT. Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I was going to remake this if it wasn't up yet. I caught up on the last seven or so Tribe Twelve videos today after giving up on it. I only continued again because it crossed over with HYBRID (yeah, that was a few weeks ago, but I was slow). I don't regret it. Twelve is just as addictive as HYBRID now, HYBRID being the most addictive out of my three (MH, EMH, TT). I'm actually starting the other one that crossed over with HYBRID tonight. What is it, Dark something? I don't know, but I look forward to it. And I've also revisited my idea to make my own series, if I can find friends interested. I've contemplated it on and off since last December, when I started MH, but now I'm serious about it; well, more than usual.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Never seen that one, the only parodies I watch regularly are Marblecutboys and Marblebumblebee. Both are stupidly hilarious. Spoilers>> I'm now pretty sure that Tim's hooded sidekick is Brian. I had my suspicions before, but after this latest entry I'm pretty much convinced. EDIT: Tags didn't work. I am tecknollogee derp.

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

I really only follow Marble Hornets these days, in part because it keeps itself limited to the entries and totheark responses. I'm given to understand EMH has a variety of blogs and channels related to it and so I've been somewhat dissuaded from keeping up with it. I am behind on Tribe Twelve, though.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I heard that the Captain was going to make a Slender Man series over the summer, if I remember the previous topic correctly. Anyone found out what series that is? Or if he's even started it yet?

I'm still working on it, but it is in production. ;) Has anyone else seen MH 51? And I'm glad to see all three of the main series tying together around Doctor C. And apparently there's a fourth series called DarkHarvest I have yet to get into...

How is HM tied to Dr. C? As far as I know it's just TT and EMH.

The latest entry, 51, of MH took place in an abandoned doctor's office where apparently Alex brings people to be infected by Slenderman. It seemed like a huge nod to Dr. C. And the TT and EMH connection is obvious.

Like Koji said, I'm pretty sure the creators of MH intended The Operator to be a separate entity from Slenderman, but I just call him Slendy anyway. As far as I know, most of the others series are all interconnected and have the same one stalking them(Tribetwelve, EMH, TJAProjects, DarkHarvest, 5zer02, MLAnderson, and probably more that I can't remember) except for Angel's Game, where they just had to deal with some other creature that resembled a weaker version of the real Slenderman.

p

I heard that the Captain was going to make a Slender Man series over the summer, if I remember the previous topic correctly. Anyone found out what series that is? Or if he's even started it yet?

I'm still working on it, but it is in production. ;)
Good to hear! :happy: I recently saw all of DarkHarvest00. Pretty good series IMO, wish it had more views than it does. A lot of genuinely frightening moments.

I'm a big fan of the whole 'slendercult' idea, personally.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I've followed MH very closely, and I've looked at a lot of the EMH videos. Can't say I've looked at much else, including TribeTwelve. But I really enjoy them all, and think that EMH is doing a great job at combining a lot of the best elements of the mythos and its extensions.

WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU ANY MORE.CONTROL IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.NOT ANYMORE.I AM COMING FOR YOU. AND YOU WILL LEAD ME TO THE ARK. So yeah, I'm all caught up now. I think the most horrifying ones were 19 (The mask. Oh God, the mask.) and 46 ("It's not there anymore...")Needless to say, i will not sleep for days.

I started Dark Harvest tonight, got about halfway through. Pretty good, I was hoping for more scares. I'll get caught up on Wednesday night, or tomorrow between classes (four hours), but not sure if it's worth it at college, sitting in one of the lounges next to windows during the day. Atmosphere just doesn't work. Well, found how to make a Slendy costume. Started making plans. Need to find people interested now, and the project I've been considering on and off for almost a year might finally become reality.

It appears as if both Captains are making Slender Man series. I'm in the process of building the puppet/costume at the moment, script is laid out, shooting starts November. Anyways, I really can't wait for whatever finale Troy has in store with Marble Hornets. The buildup has been huge ever since Bruce got Slender-eaten... 51 was awesome but still not enough to hold me over. -ck

All I need is a Slendy puppet. We tried dressing up my friend as Slendy and... it didn't go well. :P There will be footage of this posted soon.

Well it's just finding a really tall and skinny person and put a white bag on his head isn't it? I mean it doesn't include much action since the guy just stands around all day.

It's more than that. The proportions need to be right, and the mask has to be absolutely featureless. That is a lot harder to pull off in filming light than you'd imagine. And the arms and legs must be disproportionately long.

The costume I've used for Halloween and the like was, well, a black suit over a morphsuit. It makes for an easy costume, though for it to look at all convincing on-camera, you would need to utilize a small bit of visual distortion to smooth over the fact that it's clearly just a dude in a Morphsuit.

I started watching Marble Hornets earlier this year and got hooked. I had trouble getting into the other two and haven't really kept up with them. The entry where Alex's girlfriend finds the camera is probably my favorite, because we usually get distortion just prior to or when the Operator shows up, but we didn't that time till the end, and it was just so randomly "WHAT??"

rahkshi_symbol.png

How terrifying is MH? I have never seen it, but am Interested.

Song Of The Month: From Scythe to Sceptre - Be'Lakor

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
Hau and Kakama collected!
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y X Z
Red= Taken and in Progress, Blue = Open, Black = Finished