Maybe I'm the only one here who was majorly confused by the Breakout episode of Hero Factory. I rewatched it a few times and here is what I've gathered.WARNINGIf you haven't seen the Breakout episode yet, DO NOT READ. Spoilers and whatnot.>At one point, Von Ness/Nebula met with Voltix and Black Phantom.>Voltix sent some kind of smoke signal out of his electricity shooter things and broke open the Black Hole Orb Staff, releasing Von Nebula and creating some kind of multi-purpose portal thing.>Black Phantom had nothing against the Hero Factory, having done nothing wrong before and was never arrested.>The only thing Black Phantom accomplished was emailing a file containing building plans of the Factory to Von Nebula, most likely so he could make his own "Villain Factory". From the statements above, it can be assumed that Von Nebula caused everything.>Jawblade stole Furno's Fire Guns, which he had when he took part in the Ordeal of Fire, meaning he must have arrested Jawblade sometime between the first encounter with the Fire Villains and his upgrade. Which was a time span of roughly two days to a week.>Speeda Demon, like all previous big villains, knew Stormer's first name.>Rocka was a part of the Hero Recon Team, which explains why he was such a huge part of Savage Planet. It also explains why he was so talented, as a supposed rookie. >Surge, while a veteran hero who is quite the electrician, is still very clumsy and immature compared to the others. He should have grown out of that by now, in my opinion. >Evo is the hopeful, young, aspiring rookie this time around. Good for him, seeing as he barely got a role in Ordeal of Fire. Also, it seems that his original traits have been mostly transferred back. He's more reckless and instinctive in Breakout, which is how I imagined him at first. >We probably won't know what Nex, Breez and Bulk are doing until next year.>Splitface has some kind of schizophrenic disorder and should be reprogrammed to have only onebrain, rather than just be locked up. >Toxic Reapa's species is a bit like the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies. Hatch from eggs as deadly larvae. Incredibly fast, mostly black, and they have corrosive blood (at least in Reapa's case he has poison shooters).>Fire Lord and Witch Doctor were supposed to be in rehab. They weren't.Maybe I'm over analyzing this stuff. Maybe the story really is just covered with plot holes.The purpose of this is to get people thinking. If you have other ideas, I'll be happy to change some of this.

LlqByyh.png

As usual, a ball of corn and meh voice acting. But; THEY FINALLY NAILED THE COMBAT!That said, I honestly wasn't at all surprised by the Villain Factory thing, in fact, I was surprised that they hadn't done it earlier on.

Edited by Levvisokk

As usual, a ball of corn and meh voice acting. But; THEY FINALLY NAILED THE COMBAT!
That I agree with. Cheesiness is a must in HF, and everyone but Tom Kenny and Voltix was annoying (Mostly Surge. I usually like Stringer, but the "EEUGHAUAGHUEEUGHAGH" thing was just dumb). And rather than the villains being outnumbered or outsmarted, they were brought down by sheer force.

LlqByyh.png

As usual, a ball of corn and meh voice acting. But; THEY FINALLY NAILED THE COMBAT!
That I agree with. Cheesiness is a must in HF, and everyone but Tom Kenny and Voltix was annoying (Mostly Surge. I usually like Stringer, but the "EEUGHAUAGHUEEUGHAGH" thing was just dumb). And rather than the villains being outnumbered or outsmarted, they were brought down by sheer force.
The heroes used a few little tricks and moves, but it wasn't an armwrestle-type thing where one side pushes down the other all the way. The best kind of fight, in my opinion.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

>At one point, Von Ness/Nebula met with Voltix and Black Phantom.
I don't know that it is wise to assume this, seeing as Von Nebula has been trapped in a Black Orb staff for awhile, which was in a secure vault.(Speaking of which, it should have been in a secure vault, not in an open area where other prisoners where being held. That's really smart.) Now, they could have met before that happened, but I don't know if Von Nebula is like Teridax and planned on getting sucked into a staff, or had some weird form of telepathy that could contact Voltix and Black Phantom. But given the comparable inteligence of HF villains thus far, I think Voltix made the plan to get him out.
>Voltix sent some kind of smoke signal out of his electricity shooter things and broke open the Black Hole Orb Staff, releasing Von Nebula and creating some kind of multi-purpose portal thing.>Black Phantom had nothing against the Hero Factory, having done nothing wrong before and was never arrested.>The only thing Black Phantom accomplished was emailing a file containing building plans of the Factory to Von Nebula, most likely so he could make his own "Villain Factory".
I thought Black Phantom was a prisoner before the Breakout. Even if he wasn't, he did not seem to be the brainiest villain about - maybe he was just crazy. That would explain his dearth of great accomplishments.
From the statements above, it can be assumed that Von Nebula caused everything.
I wouldn't rush to make that conclusion. For all we know, Voltix decided to take advantage of the orb staff's location and shoot at it, having gained intel from other sources. We don't know anything about him - unlike Phantom, we don't have evidence that he's not the brightest crayon in the box. Don't assume that this is like Bionicle and the same guy is behind everything. :P
>Jawblade stole Furno's Fire Guns, which he had when he took part in the Ordeal of Fire, meaning he must have arrested Jawblade sometime between the first encounter with the Fire Villains and his upgrade. Which was a time span of roughly two days to a week.>Speeda Demon, like all previous big villains, knew Stormer's first name.
Jawblade could have stole them at any point in Furno's existance - the Hero Factory could have just fitted him with a new pair afterwards. And Stormer is a famous hero, so I would imagine his name is well known.
>Rocka was a part of the Hero Recon Team, which explains why he was such a huge part of Savage Planet. It also explains why he was so talented, as a supposed rookie. >Surge, while a veteran hero who is quite the electrician, is still very clumsy and immature compared to the others. He should have grown out of that by now, in my opinion.
Yes, that's mighty inconsistant...the Rocka explanation makes sense, although why the HRT would accept a rookie like Rocka is iffy at best. And why does Surge go from a hero at the end of OoF to this side character with really cheesey dialogue? *sigh*
>Evo is the hopeful, young, aspiring rookie this time around. Good for him, seeing as he barely got a role in Ordeal of Fire. Also, it seems that his original traits have been mostly transferred back. He's more reckless and instinctive in Breakout, which is how I imagined him at first. >We probably won't know what Nex, Breez and Bulk are doing until next year.
I, for one, did not like how Evo's character was treated in this section. He was more impressive in OoF IMO. We have a rough idea of what Breeze is doing - fighting bugs.
[...]>Fire Lord and Witch Doctor were supposed to be in rehab. They weren't.
They might have been in a more secure section of the prison. (Maybe that's why the Orb Staff was moved out, although you'd think they would have more space than that.)

WARNING -I am biased towards anything good for Von NebulaI think Rockwell had a line at the end that "HRT suspects the villain planned to be captured", presumably VN. If he did lose on purpose, he just gained points as a villain IMO. We don't know much about the time between Von Ness's disappearance and Von Nebula's appearance, so he had time to plan everything out and coordinate with other villains. For example, Black Phantom's "anti-quaza" seems to be the same thing as Witch Doctor's corrupted quaza, so they may be connected. I saw Savage Planet again yesterday, and at one part WD says he planned to use the quaza to build an army. Sounds very similar to Villain Factory. Von Nebula's nickname was "The Mastermind" (I think) and he very well could be behind everything. Voltix stated that he allowed Rocka to catch him, just so he could free Von Nebula. Unless he had spoken with Von Nebula, there's no reason he would know about the black hole-vortex-escape thing. Villains usually aren't that selfless, so he probably was certain that he would benefit by helping VN out. And anyway, I don't see why BP would have emailed VN those blueprints unless the former had communicated with him previously. Presumably, VN will make villains designed to counter specific heroes.I think villains call Stormer by his first name just to annoy him, since they always say Preston in an insulting tone.Yeah, I was surprised to see the Fire Villains in jail. The best explanation would be either that efforts to fix them failed, or alternatively that the heroes were lazy and just threw them in cells immediately. Even stranger was the fact that Savage Planet animals were in cells. I guess the animators needed models for random villains, like the Av-Matoran in The Legend Reborn.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

• 4 weeks later...

The av-matoran were in tlr? :facepalm: (yes, I know that isn't real.)How did I miss that?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I still haven't seen the Breakout episodes. I should get to that sometime soon, but I already know just about everything that happens.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I was surprised to see the Fire Villains in jail. The best explanation would be either that efforts to fix them failed, or alternatively that the heroes were lazy and just threw them in cells immediately. Even stranger was the fact that Savage Planet animals were in cells. I guess the animators needed models for random villains, like the Av-Matoran in The Legend Reborn.
It wouldn't surprise me. In Comic 6: Savage Planet, Bulk appeared in 1.0 form instead of 2.0 form, and in episode five, a hero looking like Von Ness was at the conference. Apparently, this is because these were the only models available for reference.

Yeah, I was surprised to see the Fire Villains in jail. The best explanation would be either that efforts to fix them failed, or alternatively that the heroes were lazy and just threw them in cells immediately. Even stranger was the fact that Savage Planet animals were in cells. I guess the animators needed models for random villains, like the Av-Matoran in The Legend Reborn.
It wouldn't surprise me. In Comic 6: Savage Planet, Bulk appeared in 1.0 form instead of 2.0 form, and in episode five, a hero looking like Von Ness was at the conference. Apparently, this is because these were the only models available for reference.
Yep. I was quite glad when the actual Savage Planet episode showed Bulk in an improvised 2.0 form (basically Bulk 3.0 without weapons and with a generic 2.0 name plate and helmet). Likewise with Stringer. In the television episodes they seem to improvise a bit more with that sort of thing than in the comics, though some comic artists are better about that than others.

-Yeah, apparently Black Phantom and Von Ness meet in one of the new books. I don't know about Voltix.-No idea what was going on with Voltix and the staff. More terrible writing, I guess.-I presume Black Phantom hadn't been established as a criminal before, as Zib didn't seem to know who he was.-Black Phantom emailed the blueprints as well as unsuccessfully attempted to destroy the assembly tower.-Presumably Von Nebula is running the whole thing. Since the escaped villains didn't go into hiding, they probably are, too.-Furno presumably got another pair of identical weapons after Jawblade stole them.-I don't recall Speeda Demon calling Stormer by name, but some of the other villains did to their respective heroes.-They did say Rocka was abnormally talented in Savage Planet, but suddenly making him a Recon Team member seems really dumb. I guess this could have taken place a while after the previous episode...-Surge is a terrible attempt at comic relief that fails completely and is solely to appeal to kids, realistic characterization be danged.-Evo seemed pretty bad-a, for lack of a better word, in Ordeal of Fire, so it's really cheap for them to just throw whatever of his character that had been previously established out the window and start over. Another example of story inconsistencies in order to further the plot.-It was stated that every hero except Rocka was recapturing escaped vilains, so I presume that's what Nex, Breez, and Bulk were doing.-Yeah, you'd think they'd fix Splitface's schizophrenia or give him therapy or something. I suppose the reasoning behind it is that Splitface was bad from the get-go, so fixing him up really wouldn't help a ton anyway?-Toxic Reapa= Xenomorph... I guess so. You could probably compare a lot of fictional aliens, just because they're all pretty derivative at this point.-I think they intended to send Witch Doctor directly to Jail, but Fire Lord and the animals were an example of the animators reusing old molds that shouldn't have been there in order to fill up the screen. Seems a little lazy, but considering they're also tackling Ninjago and, apparently, a Lego Friends TV Series, I'll assume it was a rush job. Overall, the animation in this episode was better, anyway.Yeah, we're over-analyzing this. :P

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

-No idea what was going on with Voltix and the staff. More terrible writing, I guess.
Actually, Dorek recently picked up one of the Hero Factory DK Readers and it explains that Voltix is actually able to create energy projections of himself and, apparently, Von Nebula. I think it's a case of poor art direction moreso than poor writing. If he had made an energy projection of himself instead of a character we hadn't seen in two years, it would have been a lot clearer what was going on there. Instead, it looked like he had Von Nebula's spirit hitchhiking with him somehow, which was terribly confusing.
-Surge is a terrible attempt at comic relief that fails completely and is solely to appeal to kids, realistic characterization be danged.
Surge hasn't really been a comic relief character since 2010, and I'm a huge fan of him (21 years old here). Being clumsy and immature is a part of his personality, and he's really only clumsy or immature compared to the other heroes-- generally he's pretty competent and keeps from screwing things up when the stakes are high.
Evo seemed pretty bad-a, for lack of a better word, in Ordeal of Fire, so it's really cheap for them to just throw whatever of his character that had been previously established out the window and start over. Another example of story inconsistencies in order to further the plot.
Yeah, I disliked that as well. But I think part of the point was that they wanted some rookie character Furno could mentor, and since Evo was officially one of the least experienced characters they went with him. If his voice and mannerisms had been kept the same then I think it would have been easier to reconcile his characterization in the two episodes, but as it is it became hard to even tell they were meant to be the same.
-I think they intended to send Witch Doctor directly to Jail, but Fire Lord and the animals were an example of the animators reusing old molds that shouldn't have been there in order to fill up the screen. Seems a little lazy, but considering they're also tackling Ninjago and, apparently, a Lego Friends TV Series, I'll assume it was a rush job. Overall, the animation in this episode was better, anyway.
The Ninjago TV series and I think the Friends TV series as well are being handled by different groups than the Hero Factory episodes as far as I'm aware, so I don't think they really have anything to do with this. But it should be considered that while making modifications to existing character models is something the animators are perfectly capable of, as in the cases of Rocka, Stringer, and Bulk 2.0, they are not normally asked to come up with completely original character designs, much less huge groups of them.If it's more efficient to re-use or modify existing character models then that's generally the route that will be taken, and that's not something exclusive to LEGO animated projects either-- even CGI-animated TV shows like The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron tend to reuse and modify existing character models a lot if you look closely and compare characters' facial structures. For that matter, even non-CGI shows like Spongebob Squarepants often re-use generic character designs in crowd scenes. Designing large groups of characters from the ground up can be a very time-consuming task no matter what medium you're working in.

How the events in the two Breakout episodes about Voltix, the Black Phantom, and Von Nebula happened is weird, but I made a thought about how these events really happened specifically. While trapped inside Von Nebula's Black Hole Orb Staff, Von Nebula came up with a new evil plan that can destroy Hero Factory for good and take over its galaxy, other galaxies, and/or the entire universe. He first pushed himself physically out of his own staff's orb part undamaged with no one noticing successfully. He pushed himself out successfully as if he was trying to push himself though a tightly closed door like a living battering ram, but left his own staff's orb part undamaged. Anyways, he got himself free on his own. After that, Von Nebula sneaked out of the whole Hero Factory building without making any sounds or noises like a ninja. I think he might have learned how to do this thing when he was a rookie Hero named Von Ness. Anyways, Von Nebula then sneaked though Makuhero City to look for an aircraft that can travel to places and through space. He then travelled somewhere where he can go into hiding. After that, he found the Black Phantom and Voltix, and then told them his new evil plan, so Von Nebula came up with some evil strategies involving the Black Phantom and Voltix to complete his evil plan. Von Nebula did the first strategy about himself contacting and then fooling Hero Factory into thinking that he is some innocent different being who wants it to place the Black Hole Orb Staff into its Villain Storage Room for some good, safety, harmless, and peaceful reason or more that Hero Factory can believe, trust, and agree with successfully before Voltix did the other strategy about himself pretending to get captured by Rocka and Furno to start the breakout, which caused all of the Hero Factory Heroes to leave the Hero Factory building to recapture all the escaped villains from their Villain Storage Room successfully. Overall, this is my thought about how the events really happened specifically. Oh, by the way, I have a question or more: what happened to and where is Vapor, and is he seen in the all-of-the-villains-escaping-to-and-through-the-black-hole part of the Breakout: Part One episode?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Vapor wasn't seen escaping. His only appearance in the TV Show as of yet has been a cameo on a display screen in The Enemy Within.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Vapor wasn't seen escaping. His only appearance in the TV Show as of yet has been a cameo on a display screen in The Enemy Within.
Then how come this happened and why?
Being a store-exclusive set, his design might not have been finalized as soon as the rest of the 2010 villain sets, so they might not have been able to work a fully-animated version of him into that year's TV episodes. After that point there was no reason to finish rendering and rigging a Vapor model for animation, since there were other more current and relevant characters who had to be animated.Alternatively, it might have just been that there were already enough characters in the 2010 episodes and they didn't see any need to include a character as minor as Vapor, just like how some of the Glatorian and Glatorian Legends sets never showed up in BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn. Adding too many characters to any story medium without allowing time to properly introduce them may just confuse viewers who aren't familiar with those characters.In any event I don't expect we'll ever see Vapor in the TV episodes, since each year's story tends to focus on the current sets, with occasional cameos of characters who appeared in earlier episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
Being a store-exclusive set, his design might not have been finalized as soon as the rest of the 2010 villain sets, so they might not have been able to work a fully-animated version of him into that year's TV episodes. After that point there was no reason to finish rendering and rigging a Vapor model for animation, since there were other more current and relevant characters who had to be animated.Alternatively, it might have just been that there were already enough characters in the 2010 episodes and they didn't see any need to include a character as minor as Vapor, just like how some of the Glatorian and Glatorian Legends sets never showed up in BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn. Adding too many characters to any story medium without allowing time to properly introduce them may just confuse viewers who aren't familiar with those characters.In any event I don't expect we'll ever see Vapor in the TV episodes, since each year's story tends to focus on the current sets, with occasional cameos of characters who appeared in earlier episodes.
Well, that stinks about Vapor not physically appearing in the TV series. :( Hopefully, Breez in her Breakout form, Nex in his Breakout form, Bulk in his Breakout form, Thornraxx, XT4, and Core Hunter will not end up being in the same fate as Vapor did in the TV series like you explained.Anyway, I got some great news for you and other you guys! When I went to a website, I noticed that a new episode, "The Doom Box", coming in September 2012! Check it out, guys! :)Really really late edit: Please don't mention sites with forums! -Wind- Edited by -Windrider-

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, that stinks about Vapor not physically appearing in the TV series. :( Hopefully, Breez in her Breakout form, Nex in his Breakout form, Bulk in his Breakout form, Thornraxx, XT4, and Core Hunter will not end up being in the same fate as Vapor did in the TV series like you explained.Anyway, I got some great news for you and other you guys! When I went to a website [snip] (is it how it is called that way, guys?), I noticed that a new episode, "The Doom Box", coming in September 2012! Check it out, guys! :)
Not sure if mentioning that website is OK, but in general, you should remember that that site, like Wikipedia, is user-generated. Anyone can add stuff, and bogus Hero Factory and Ninjago information has been added in the past, so I don't think it's at all a reliable predictor of Hero Factory information EXCEPT if the information had previously surfaced elsewhere.This isn't to say info that shows up on IMDB and nowhere else can't be accurate (the Ninjago episode titles for this season were all correct, even if someone later added bogus plot descriptions), but I'm not inclined to believe anything on that site which isn't backed up by evidence on a more reliable source. The description for "The Doom Box" seems like it's based on the Amazon.com description of the book with the same title, and yet the description also contradicts that book (which has all heroes on the mission to stop Core Hunter and does not involve any other villains besides Splitface and Speeda Demon, who are already captured in the book).