Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hodor

Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru?! What's funny is that in the last episode, Yoko says that Simon isn't God, but Simon has infinite Spiral Power and directly defies the Law of Conservation of Matter, so doesn't that technically make him God?

I

___warned

__________you

______________about

____________________the

_______________________stairs

____________________________bro

99041.png

Okay, I'm going to be perfectly honest: Of all the threads I was expecting on BZpower, I never thought there would be a Gurren Lagann thread.I don't mean that in a bad way; It's just that I didn't think that anyone had even HEARD of Gurren Lagann...but I suppose with a large amount of users (Not to mention the forums being down long enough for people to stumble across the anime) at least one other would be aware that it existed. :lol:

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

I TOLD YOU I'M GONNA PILOT THAT THING!The early episodes were kind of a drag, almost. Sure, it was actiony, but it would have been better without Kamine making combining sound so stupid... I facepalmed every time he shouted about "Manly Combining", or came up with a super-long and completely pointless name for moves as simple as punching another Gunman in the face(s).Then he bit it.Not that Kamine was a bad character, but things really picked up after they got over the fact that he kicked the bucket. He became a martyr that everyone else rallied under, and they finally got stuff done.Then they went into the future.THAT'S the good stuff. Things went DOWN. The battles got bigger. Galaxy-sized Gunmen with pilots that (scientifically) were the proportionate size of a protein? YOU BET! Save the world? Dang RIGHT! Giant explosions? Got THAT right!Yea... TTGL was a riot.

I'll have to be honest with you guys. I cried so much manly tears while watching Gurren Lagann. Especially during the second arc (except the Rossiu spotlight episode, because that was just overly dramatic. >_>)And I refuse to accept the ending of the series.SIMON AND NIA GOT MARRIED, HAD LOTS OF CHILDREN, AND LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER YEAH THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED AHAHAHAHA[/denial]I know that the Lagann-hen movie ended differently,

and also introduced the Cho Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,

so I should really check it out sometime.

Okay, I'm going to be perfectly honest: Of all the threads I was expecting on BZpower, I never thought there would be a Gurren Lagann thread.I don't mean that in a bad way; It's just that I didn't think that anyone had even HEARD of Gurren Lagann...but I suppose with a large amount of users (Not to mention the forums being down long enough for people to stumble across the anime) at least one other would be aware that it existed. :lol:

>Implying we have no other interests besides Bionicle and BZPower. :P Edited by Terezi Pyrope
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

I'll have to be honest with you guys. I cried so much manly tears while watching Gurren Lagann. Especially during the second arc (except the Rossiu spotlight episode, because that was just overly dramatic. >_>) And I refuse to accept the ending of the series. SIMON AND NIA GOT MARRIED, HAD LOTS OF CHILDREN, AND LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER YEAH THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED AHAHAHAHA[/denial]

Studio Gainax hates the idea of happy endings, even if you earn them.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

I'll have to be honest with you guys. I cried so much manly tears while watching Gurren Lagann. Especially during the second arc (except the Rossiu spotlight episode, because that was just overly dramatic. >_>) And I refuse to accept the ending of the series. SIMON AND NIA GOT MARRIED, HAD LOTS OF CHILDREN, AND LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER YEAH THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED AHAHAHAHA[/denial]

Studio Gainax hates the idea of happy endings, even if you earn them.
Yeah, they're pretty much notorious for that stuff. Hence the trope "Gainax Ending". I've watched End of Evangelion and heard about the ending of PSG.
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

I agree with Boxorak, I def didn't expect a Gurren Lagann topic. But regardless, GL is my favorite anime of all time. People always try to tell me that theirs is better, that Code Geass has more thoughtful story, this and that. So if anyone ever finds another show where they have a fight with galaxies and enough energy to create a universe, let me know. Until then, I'll wear my core drill proudly. Also, Ice, how can you dislike Kamina? His ridiculous confidence was the best thing about the show, and Simon only kicked @#$ once he found it too. I could just listen to him talk for hours and I'd never stop laughing. He's awesome.

iloveyousignlanguagemeulin.png

I've only seen three episodes, but I really liked it. I only wish I had more time to watch it...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

It was a bit of a getter rehash. Panty and Stocking was better.

You can't compare the two Panty and Stocking is ecchi, Gurren Lagann is mecha.
Idk, they both have ridiculously over-the-top action. The first Scanty and Kneesocks episode in particular was just insane. Even without the size-of-galaxies fallback, tho, I still think GL ends up better? The action in GL is at a much bigger scale, the stakes are higher, and you're rooting for the characters beyond just because they're using their underwear as weapons/are insanely cute. The characters, in particular, were so much better. Panty and Stocking are awesome, but their personalities aren't much beyond the fetishes they're supposed to be, and bratty-girl-ness. Simon and Yoko are both deep characters, and Kamina's just insanely likeable. Even background characters like Kittan have more feelings and story arcs. Not to mention the overarching story of Gurren Lagann is You are full of so much awesome that you could destroy the universe! Edited by Psychoshy

To blazes with all three of them, Ryouma's the best. Wait, wrong MANLY MECHA series... Eh, out of all the characters, my favorite isn't Kittan or Kamina. It's Simon. Who started as a Shinji expy but ended up one of the most hot-blooded characters in Mecha period.

hElbrZ6.gif

Idk, they both have ridiculously over-the-top action. The first Scanty and Kneesocks episode in particular was just insane. Even without the size-of-galaxies fallback, tho, I still think GL ends up better? The action in GL is at a much bigger scale, the stakes are higher, and you're rooting for the characters beyond just because they're using their underwear as weapons/are insanely cute. The characters, in particular, were so much better. Panty and Stocking are awesome, but their personalities aren't much beyond the fetishes they're supposed to be, and bratty-girl-ness. Simon and Yoko are both deep characters, and Kamina's just insanely likeable. Even background characters like Kittan have more feelings and story arcs. Not to mention the overarching story of Gurren Lagann is You are full of so much awesome that you could destroy the universe!
Hmm... I suppose if you look at it that way...I never actually watched P&S. Just assumed it was another generic ecchi anime.

naw man

Idk, they both have ridiculously over-the-top action. The first Scanty and Kneesocks episode in particular was just insane. Even without the size-of-galaxies fallback, tho, I still think GL ends up better? The action in GL is at a much bigger scale, the stakes are higher, and you're rooting for the characters beyond just because they're using their underwear as weapons/are insanely cute. The characters, in particular, were so much better. Panty and Stocking are awesome, but their personalities aren't much beyond the fetishes they're supposed to be, and bratty-girl-ness. Simon and Yoko are both deep characters, and Kamina's just insanely likeable. Even background characters like Kittan have more feelings and story arcs. Not to mention the overarching story of Gurren Lagann is You are full of so much awesome that you could destroy the universe!
Hmm... I suppose if you look at it that way... I never actually watched P&S. Just assumed it was another generic ecchi anime.
It's about two fallen angels who use their underwear as a gun/pair of katana. It's ecchi in that pretty much everything about it is sexualized, but it could just as easily be called.. whatever they call anime where the main point is insane action sequences. There's a topic for it around CoT, actually, it's prolly best to go there if you want to know more.

To blazes with all three of them, Ryouma's the best. Wait, wrong MANLY MECHA series... Eh, out of all the characters, my favorite isn't Kittan or Kamina. It's Simon. Who started as a Shinji expy but ended up one of the most hot-blooded characters in Mecha period.

If Kamina and post-Roshiu-drama Simon ever met, the universe would implode from the awesome.

Epic mechas 80x the size of galaxies fighting each other to the death? I TOOK IT AND I TOOK IT WELL! I wanna rewatch it again, that was very very very very very very very very very very very (x8,000 more very's) epic. But I have lots of other things that I meant to watch during the summer, but had put it off. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/annoyed2.gif

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

I haven't seen the movies because Netflix is a stupid. :<You know, one of the things I love about this series is that its dubs are not only bearable, but awesome.Also, has anyone seen the Parallel Works? Am I the only person that wants Kiyal's Magical Time to be a series?

AXKP5KC.png

I watched the first 7 episodes, then I got upset because I couldn't find any more episodes with English subtitles. I didn't really look very hard, but what I saw was absolutely amazing. It's the only anime show I'll actually sit down to watch.

Gurren Lagann is one of those series that I really didn't enjoy the first time, but somehow did the second time rewatching it, like a year after. There were more things that I learned to appreciate within that timespan- the animation, music, and sheer fun factor, all of which were fantastic. And seriously, Lagann-Hen was awesome.

I watched the first 7 episodes, then I got upset because I couldn't find any more episodes with English subtitles. I didn't really look very hard, but what I saw was absolutely amazing. It's the only anime show I'll actually sit down to watch.

Gurren Lagann is one of those rare occasions were the english dub is actually quite impressive.

naw man