That's Messed Up: The Series!

Nathan Evo

NOTICE: I am no longer accepting guest stars, permanent guest stars, or fan comics!

So, yeah, with the arguing between sprite comics and hand-drawn comics going on, it seems nearly everyone has long forgotten the photo comic genre. Thus, I decided to bring back my first comic series. However, I took the advantage of making some improvements. The originals were a pain to view, an even bigger pain to upload, and a threshold of torment and misery to download, so I gave them a new layout and broke up every comic into three parts.

Just so you know, though, I probably won't go on this series for long. As many of the better comic makers have long since left, this will probably only last for five new comics tops.

But yeah, enjoy anyway. Also, don't remind me of the blurry pics in some comics, or of anything in the old comics. I'm trying to fix the former and forget about the latter.

List of Permanent Guest Stars (may be subject to change)

Satogo: Toa of Steelers

Takuma Nuva

Bladeran

Kahinuva

Ayel Hyland

Superkid11

Lime Paradox

INSTRUCTIONS: Begin with the first image (or "page"). When finished reading, click "Next". Repeat process until comic ends. Easy-peasy. Just in case you didn't know.

New Comics

Episode 14: Divine Divinity!

[Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]

Episode 15: Attack of the... Toa Inika!?

[Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]

Episode 16: Temper Tantrum Terror!

[Part 1] NEW!

Old Comics (AWFULNESS ADVISORY)

Episode 1: Dude, Where's My Underwear?

Episode 2: The Shiny Zamor of Mass Destruction!

Episode 3: Satogo's Destructions!

Episode 4: The X-Terminators!

Episode 5: The Random Comic That I Randomly Pieced Together! Randomly!

Episode 6: Teleportation Confusion!

Episode 7: STV: Satogo Television!

Episode 8: Battle of the Spears!

Episode 9: Flounders in the Pool!

Episode 10: Of Stone Rats and Matoran!

Episode 11: Aliens and Explosions!

Episode 12: TMU in Karda Nui, Part I: Night of the Toa Igniter!

Episode 13: TMU in Karda Nui, Part II: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's... Chokii!?

Old Fan Comics (may or may not have been made by people who were noobs at the time)

Fan Comic 1: That's Messed Up on Meta Nui (by Bladeran)

Fan Comic 2: A Messed Up Christmas (by Takuma Nuva)

Fan Comic 3: The Fan Fiction (by MahriMan)

Credits:Everyone who made the kits in the page numbers: Making the kits used in the page numbers

All PGSs: Uh... existing? I mostly just took ones from the original as well as from previous comic series. I guess if they want to remove themselves from the list, they can...

Edited by Nathan Evo
  • Upvote 1

Am I ever glad to see these comics again.I like the change of format in the newer comics; it's easier to follow the comics this way, in my opinion.I really can't think of much else to say, though I can say this: it's a return to form, and a well-done one, at that. I hope to see more of these soon.

Sorry it has taken me this long to reply.Super glad you're doing these again. It's a change of pace from all the hand-drawn vs. sprite comic drama, that's for sure! xP Kinda makes me think of back when I considered doing a photo comic series myself.Anyways, as Hyland said, I'm a fan of the new format of multiple frames per page. Even the little sprites down by the page numbers add a very nice touch. One could also argue that the generic, square white blocks behind the text are lazy or ugly, but I think they've become essential to the series' identity and personality, so I'm glad you kept them.In regards to the newest one, I thought the humor was excellent and I chuckled at pages 3 & 4. I'm also very excited to see how the story will develop in the coming episodes.(also, I just re-read episode 13 and laughed 'cuz it actually was funny)

«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Okay, that was weird, why did my post disappear?Anyway, I'm really glad to see this comic up and running again. I remember when I first joined this was my favorite comic on BZP. Also, loving the new and more efficient format.

Been meaning to comment on this series.The mocs in the comic are fantastic, the lighting is good, effects are good as well, Jokes are excellent, and all together you doing an awesome job on redoing this series. Even though I don't know most of the character's names, I got down a few of them and how some of the characters act based off of the newest comic. The new layout for the comics is good, the use of some of the lego sets great like the white house for instance. I did like how all the characters tackled Toa Igniter when he went into piraka destroyer mode. I also love the ending of the comic, its very mysterious and it leaves us in suspense. Really awesome job on the comics,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

DEM KRAATA.Glad to see you working on things still. :) Aah, I love these. Reminds me so much of all my playing with my MoCs back in the day...Toa Igniter playing with minifigs would have gotten me laughing pretty hard were I not extremely full and at risk of vomiting had I done that, but still, greatest scene in comics history right there.... ooooh dear Jaller. It's about to hit the fan.Kutgw!

Edited by Superkid11

Huh, I actually forgot that they made a Calix for those minifigure-like things.Glad to see you've started these up again. Photo comics are quite the rarity and it's awesome that you put them into panels now. Loved the part with Toa Igniter squeezing the thought bubble.

Gerlicky, every time I even look at your posts. I can't help but laugh every time. And I have probably said this before, but your the first author that make an angry character actually funny. Critique time: You should consider getting a professional camera, it will most definitely make the quality of your pictures more...well...professional. Though I do understand that you stick with this camera for style purposes, but just a thought of mine.

It just got REAL.That was amazing. A truly epic chase, one that really makes me want the Inika.......Also 6 comics is "a" comic for this? Daaang. You're really working at this, keep it up!... ok who took all those posts and had a bonfire seriously...

Edited by Superkid11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I don't like short people. Their brains are too close to their posteriors."Probably the greatest line I've heard. Ever. Of all time.And of course, Lord Tantrum makes his introduction. Nice reimagining with his origin; I didn't see that twist coming.

Edited by Kahinuva

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the new matoren design i built a little be its abit taller then yours just had to find a way to fit more gold. I like the newer comics tho toa igniter still annoys me but then i had to feel bad for him because everyone made fun of him

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this