Hewkii X Macku: Then And Now

Toa Faybos

hewkii_x_macku__then_and_now_by_faybos-d5403ok.jpg

Heyo!

Man, it's been awhile since I've drawn these two. I figured I'd take a new spin on Hewkii, as I was dissatisfied with how his old design looked. I think this suits better. Hope you guys like it!

This is pretty much still a sketch, so it's not meant to be fully finished. Perhaps the lightened designs of the old Hewkii and Macku represent the ghosts of what their relationship once was.

A close relationship between a Toa and Matoran in the bionicle universe is still a sensitive topic. Hopefully Hewkii and Macku can break that sensitivity.

Being a toa does not mean you're older, but simply taller with elemental power. Despite this, you are still who you are. And Hewkii has never forgotten his feelings for Macku. Even in his current state, Macku will always see him as the Hewkii she adored.

BIONICLE © LEGO

Drawings © Me.

Wow...he went and "changed on her big time," didn't he? Hasn't he ever heard the Billy Joel song with such lyrics as, "Don't go changin' to try and please me" and "I like you JUST the way you are!"Just teasin', but as for your sketch -- you did a really good drawing of the new (2007 was it?) Hewki. I like how you used line shading to break things up and make some parts stand out more. It creates a nice contrast. :)I'm glad Macku stays loyal, but i"m gonna have to think of what exactly -is- my stance about this kind of "mixed" coupling. lol. Hmmm....never thought about this before.Thank you for sharing your sketch. I enjoyed it. (although, tis a little mushy, yet, you draw very nice hearts!)~Shioi :)

Edited by Shioi
shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

First thoughts: "EEEeee so cuuute <3", and that's coming from someone who usually isn't all that much into romance etc. But this is so cute, and touching, and I think it illustrates so many things aobut their relationship.And Macku's expression is just adorable. x3... I wish I could say more, but really, I'm kinda stunned by the overall cuteness of this drawing. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Adorable! So...much...cute!!!!1!!11!!I always rooted for their relationship in the olden days, they were definitely meant for each other. :D

• Upvote 1

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

So Cute. <3I love it, even though it's just a sketch. I love the new '07 Hewkii and the '01 relationship between Hewkii and Macku? Priceless. I love your words about how Hewkii isn't older and he's still the same inside. I'm at a loss for words. Love it. ~Gravity

This takes me back. I miss when there was more art like this, of the 'couples' of Bionicle. The drawing style reminds me of an old/former friend of mine who used to be a member of this site, Rahi Zaku, or as those in the Spriting business know him, RZ. This is what the fandom of Bionicle used to be, reveling in the relationships of the matoran, villainising The Makuta (for there always will be one true Makuta), and exploring the little known portions of the island of Mata Nui.The art itself is superb, very reminiscent of the old days, and I hope to see a colored version of it sometime in the future.-AZBlue

This takes me back. I miss when there was more art like this, of the 'couples' of Bionicle. The drawing style reminds me of an old/former friend of mine who used to be a member of this site, Rahi Zaku, or as those in the Spriting business know him, RZ. This is what the fandom of Bionicle used to be, reveling in the relationships of the matoran, villainising The Makuta (for there always will be one true Makuta), and exploring the little known portions of the island of Mata Nui.The art itself is superb, very reminiscent of the old days, and I hope to see a colored version of it sometime in the future.-AZBlue
Thank you very much! Being compared to Rahi Zaku flatters me. Unfortunately I never got the chance to talk to him when he was still a member. (I came sometime in 2008)I'm trying to bring back that nostalgic era, as well as a few original surprises of my own. I'm glad you like it. I appreciate those times as well and I look forward to making sure no one forgets it.

I'm trying to bring back that nostalgic era' date=' as well as a few original surprises of my own. I'm glad you like it. I appreciate those times as well and I look forward to making sure no one forgets it.[/quote']Good for you! Looking forward to what you have in store for us. ~Shioi :)
shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

I'm trying to bring back that nostalgic era' date=' as well as a few original surprises of my own. I'm glad you like it. I appreciate those times as well and I look forward to making sure no one forgets it.[/quote']Good for you! Looking forward to what you have in store for us.~Shioi :)
One of those surprises are characters from a story I'm currently writing. The artwork of a group of toa called The Destral Sisters. I believe the topic is still in General Art.

-insert fangirl person squee here-Haha, I love these two. Though, I like to think of their relationship being a little more tragic. Not because I'm against Toa/Matoran pairings or anything (why would that be frowned upon in the first place? O.e), but mainly because I like tragedies. Nice sketch. I like the character designs. The proportions look pretty good, but I think Toa Hewkii's lower legs are a bit too small. Looks like you drew them to fit? I'd recommend taking a few sets (it doesn't even have to be Hewkii and Macku if you don't have them) of a toa and matoran to find a general size comparison.Still, this is a very sweet drawing. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

-insert fangirl person squee here-Haha, I love these two. Though, I like to think of their relationship being a little more tragic. Not because I'm against Toa/Matoran pairings or anything (why would that be frowned upon in the first place? O.e), but mainly because I like tragedies. Nice sketch. I like the character designs. The proportions look pretty good, but I think Toa Hewkii's lower legs are a bit too small. Looks like you drew them to fit? I'd recommend taking a few sets (it doesn't even have to be Hewkii and Macku if you don't have them) of a toa and matoran to find a general size comparison.Still, this is a very sweet drawing. ^^
I'm glad you like it!To me, their relationship is tragic at first due to the separation and having to fight tooth and nail just to see each other again. I believe they deserved a happy ending rather than a tragic one after all they've been through. =DI wasn't exactly focusing on the legs, I realized I had no room to make them any bigger but it was too late to fix that. But thanks for pointing it out. :)

You definitely do being that nostalgic feeling here. I don't normally go and say if something is cute, but this time I must say this is in fact a very cute drawing, and it has a good message, too. This is a very good drawing and I do like how you've portrayed Hewkii and Macku. You've given them such emotion and expression, yet they still look how they do in Lego set form. Very well done.

You definitely do being that nostalgic feeling here. I don't normally go and say if something is cute, but this time I must say this is in fact a very cute drawing, and it has a good message, too. This is a very good drawing and I do like how you've portrayed Hewkii and Macku. You've given them such emotion and expression, yet they still look how they do in Lego set form. Very well done.
Thanks a bunch! Glad you got the message. :)

This is quite nostalgic of GA back when every other topic was a bionicle couple. Anyways, this is actually quite cute. Only concern are those human abs on hewkii and macku. They looked so odd that it actually distracted me from the picture :P Anyways, it's a cute and nostalgic piece of artwork. Good job.

Majhost sucks

I love this. Just made me feel nostilgic and made me laugh. I can just hear the song "Dying in your Arms Tonight" playing in the image of them as Matoran.I still remember the time I saw the Bohrok animations with Hewkii and Macku together as a couple, I thought "Awwwwww" Then I saw Hahli and Jaller together and had the same reaction. Then I saw Takua, left alone on the beach, feeling kind of sad that he didn't get a date.

I love this. Just made me feel nostilgic and made me laugh. I can just hear the song "Dying in your Arms Tonight" playing in the image of them as Matoran.I still remember the time I saw the Bohrok animations with Hewkii and Macku together as a couple, I thought "Awwwwww" Then I saw Hahli and Jaller together and had the same reaction. Then I saw Takua, left alone on the beach, feeling kind of sad that he didn't get a date.
That song would fit. XDYep the Bohrok animations was one of the things that inspired me. Poor Takua indeed.