So, I have a theory regarding Toa Canisters. I'm not sure about the probability of this theory, however, I'll leave that to be discussed. My theory is this; That Toa Canisters do not operate normally, but are assisted by the systems of the Mata Nui robot. My reason for believing this to be a possibility; They tunnel straight throught solid rock and such and force their way straigth through anthing that stands between them and their destinations, and we see little other technology in the MU that can match the Toa Canisters in their ability to break through numerous types of substances. I suggest that Toa Canisters have (a) piece(s) in them that connect to the system of the MU, and the MU helps them break through surfaces and reach their destination, and that only the matoran who build the Canisters know about this, if they even do at all.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I don't know about the MU helping propel canisters, but it would make sense if it provided a guidance system to transport Toa where they need to be.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

My suggestion is made based merely on the fact that they are capable of burrowing through miles and miles of almost anything and arrive at their destinations in great condition, undamaged, and we have seen nothing as tough as that used anywhere else in the MU, even protosteel I doubt could stand up as well to such treatment, so wether or not my theory is true, I'm not sure, however, I do believe that it is very likely that there is something unusual regarding the way the canisters work, and this is the solution I find to be most likely.

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Given the idea that all beings in the robot served some biological purpose, I think this is a pretty solid theory. The Matoran served as red blood cells, the Toa as white blood cells, and the Makuta as a virus to be hunted down and subdued by the Toa. There's a lot more to this theory somewhere but I'm too lazy to find the actual source. :/Anyways, the point is that the Toa acted as a defense mechanism to keep Mata-Nui alive whether they were aware of it or not. It makes sense that Mata-Nui would have a system for transporting them to the areas where the virus needed warding off, same as our bodies do.gee I wanted to write a big reply to this but I'm terribly concise I guess

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Actually, according to BS01, Toa canisters can turn intangible (and their contents too, of course) to reach their destination.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Toa Canisters do extraordinary things to reach their destination, but I don't know if they're link up with the M.U. Robot's systems in such a manner. I'm sure the robot's systems do in some way make way for them or allow them "easier passage" (i.e. burrowing through and sealing up, as knuckles chaotix mentioned). They are controlled by certain M.U. Robot functions or by Mata Nui, though, such as the launch of the Toa Matau from the Codrex within the M.U. following the Great Cataclysm. Given that, though, then how do we explain the navigation of the Toa Inika's canisters' navigation to Voya Nui while it was still located outside the M.U., especially while Mata Nui was still asleep and the M.U. Robot dormant? Any ideas??

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Toa Canisters do extraordinary things to reach their destination, but I don't know if they're link up with the M.U. Robot's systems in such a manner. I'm sure the robot's systems do in some way make way for them or allow them "easier passage" (i.e. burrowing through and sealing up, as knuckles chaotix mentioned). They are controlled by certain M.U. Robot functions or by Mata Nui, though, such as the launch of the Toa Matau from the Codrex within the M.U. following the Great Cataclysm. Given that, though, then how do we explain the navigation of the Toa Inika's canisters' navigation to Voya Nui while it was still located outside the M.U., especially while Mata Nui was still asleep and the M.U. Robot dormant? Any ideas??
I thought of that, my theoretical solution is that, as far as we know, the robot did continue some programs during its 'slumber', after all, as far as we know day and night still occured, and probably some other programs as well, so my proposal to answer that question is that when the robot went 'to sleep', it was like a computer going to sleep, not being shut down, so it didn't entirely close down everything running, just the main commands and such, again just like a computer, which, in this case, would be Mata Nui's consiousness, and so the Toa Canister directory, I propose, was one of those programs that was not shut down.

I thought of that, my theoretical solution is that, as far as we know, the robot did continue some programs during its 'slumber', after all, as far as we know day and night still occured, and probably some other programs as well, so my proposal to answer that question is that when the robot went 'to sleep', it was like a computer going to sleep, not being shut down, so it didn't entirely close down everything running, just the main commands and such, again just like a computer, which, in this case, would be Mata Nui's consiousness, and so the Toa Canister directory, I propose, was one of those programs that was not shut down.
Yeah. For example, the Toa Mata's Canisters still managed to find their way to Mata Nui, despite him being asleep and with some sort of interference in their progress by Teridax.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

After 1000 years of wandering aimlessly from a malfunction. And yet both the Piraka and Toa Inika successfully used Toa Canisters to Voya Nui (even though neither of them were Toa at the time, I might add).

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

After 1000 years of wandering aimlessly from a malfunction. And yet both the Piraka and Toa Inika successfully used Toa Canisters to Voya Nui (even though neither of them were Toa at the time, I might add).
Well, remember that both were conscious at the time of use, unlike the Toa Mata, which were fast asleep. It's easier to mess up an automatic pilot than it is to stop canisters actively controlled by other beings. Toa Canisters are just machines - they can't tell who is operating them. Mata Nui could, but he was asleep. Makuta wouldn't have tried to stop either set of beings from getting to their destination, as their arrival was part of his grand plan, and a floating cloud of gas won't be messing around with Toa canister works anyway. :)Also, if Makuta had put an error in the Toa canister program in general to stop the Toa Mata, he might have also made it so other beings could use the canisters. They're a valuable resource; why not make it so allies can use them if need be? (as they did. :P)

I'm not clear on what you mean by this, Jowm... I was thinking perhaps it tied into that staff that later healed the rock/metal of the MU. But it would seem all of this is unnecessary:

Actually, according to BS01, Toa canisters can turn intangible (and their contents too, of course) to reach their destination.
An internet-type guidance system still might be possible though. Is that along the lines you were thinking?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, remember that both were conscious at the time of use, unlike the Toa Mata, which were fast asleep. It's easier to mess up an automatic pilot than it is to stop canisters actively controlled by other beings.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That makes sense.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Given the idea that all beings in the robot served some biological purpose, I think this is a pretty solid theory. The Matoran served as red blood cells, the Toa as white blood cells, and the Makuta as a virus to be hunted down and subdued by the Toa. There's a lot more to this theory somewhere but I'm too lazy to find the actual source. :/Anyways, the point is that the Toa acted as a defense mechanism to keep Mata-Nui alive whether they were aware of it or not. It makes sense that Mata-Nui would have a system for transporting them to the areas where the virus needed warding off, same as our bodies do.gee I wanted to write a big reply to this but I'm terribly concise I guess
Wow thats interesting.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!