Lego And Google Team Up For "build With Chrome"

Now here's an interesting one: In honor of the 50th Anniversary of LEGO in Australia and New Zealand, Google and LEGO have recently launched a fascinating little program called Build With Chrome. Users can claim a plot of land on the Australian and New Zealand map where they can construct their own LEGO landmarks using their web browser. Google Chrome is recommended; however, it appears that Mozilla Firefox also works well. Interested? Well, you'd better hurry then, before all the good real-estate is gone!View the full article

I would have sent this in if I didn't read it on a silly iPhone and then forgotten about it when I got to a computer. ;_;Anyways, it's really cool, but this computer I'm stuck on can't process the web application if it's [metaphorical] life depended on it. Ah well, I'll try it out sometime when I get a computer that can actually do something. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is a pretty neat idea. It took me a while to figure out what to build, but eventually I thought of something.buildwithchrome.com/build/CJ-WHere is the URL for viewing it for when (if) it gets approved.EDIT: Here's another one: buildwithchrome.com/build/CVDMShould be pretty easy to tell what its supposed to be.

Edited by Nuvaguy

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Seems pretty intresting... trying it out...

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I really like this program, actually. It is simple, not boggy like LDD, and easy to use. Of course, it only does System, which I find to be slightly annoying, and the lack of a save feature is regrettable. However, it kept me considerably entertained for awhile.The other thing is that the colors of my design changed upon publishing, and the change was not for the better. I'm hoping that it is merely an inactive indicator while my work is awaiting moderation and the colors will correct once that happens.

You should be able to upload a design from LDD. That would make the experience a lot more enjoyable. However, building a green house where my house is was fun, but I didn't submit it and won't until I have the time and energy needed to create a house on a web app where you can only use about 10 basic blocks. I'd rather dedicate that time period to building real MOC's and playing Minecraft and Lego Harry Potter 5-7.

DevBannerwithInterests.png