Toa Aeiss And The Cygnus X-1 Hover Bike

Xinlo

First topic on new forums.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngI made this about halfway through the downtime, so it's a bit old, but nobody on BZP's seen it yet, and I like it, so I'll post it.aeiss_preview.jpgClick for gallery.And HERE'S the gallery for Aeiss alone, with better shots of him. Ignore the Takal cameo (orange/white guy).Comments?

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by Xinlo: Spirit Of Sonics

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Yeah, just ignore this post, people...But me-jokes aside, I'll say again that although the colours are a little odd, and the bike looks fairly fragile, I like the originality of both. Nice job, Xin.

I can tell you right now, the bike is not fragile in the slightest.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I think I already gave you my thoughts on this, but I'm not sure. :P I really like Aeiss, the teal/light blue combo is lovely. However, the feet seem a little odd. They look too... rounded. I dunno, whatever. The bike is awesome, though. I like the tubes and pistons, and all those weapons you used for armor fit together nice and cohesively.

I like the commitment to the teal coloured parts, I never use teal with anything as a toa, because I just don't have enough useful parts in that colour. And the mata blue goes nicely with it too. The bike is very original and I love the use of so many different tool pieces from various years, particularly '03 Tahu Nuvas swords. They fit in really well, and I don't seem them on many MOCs, so awesome job there! Not entirely sure from the pictures, does the front turbine pivot like on a wheeled bike?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I like the commitment to the teal coloured parts, I never use teal with anything as a toa, because I just don't have enough useful parts in that colour. And the mata blue goes nicely with it too. The bike is very original and I love the use of so many different tool pieces from various years, particularly '03 Tahu Nuvas swords. They fit in really well, and I don't seem them on many MOCs, so awesome job there! Not entirely sure from the pictures, does the front turbine pivot like on a wheeled bike?

Indeed it does. It works exactly like a normal bike, just with horizontal wheels. Thanks for the replies, guys!

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Nice pair of MOCs. The pilot is good, with nice colors, altough not so flowy on the shape. The bike is very nice, I really like the idea. The hoover parts could be a bit better (at first i tough they were wheels just turned the wrong way), but overall its vyr good. Keep it up!

The night is dark and full of terrors...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I don't care too much about the flowiness, it's hard enough to use teal to make something half decent, let alone smooth.

:P And I don't really see what's wrong with the hover parts... I imagine that's what they'd look like on a real hover bike. What else would you have me do? Thanks again. What is odd about it? I can't improve it if you guys don't tell me what's wrong with it. ;)

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Thanks guys. I love my cat ^_^And Akuna, I had originally meant to cover up the axles but it was a mix of laziness/not remembering.

:P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Huh, I saw this on another site while the forums were down. Anyway, this is a very good MOC. Aeiss himself looks awesome - the color scheme is amazing (TEAL!) and the construction is solid. The hover bike is neat too; I especially like the use of the turbines. :t: :b: :3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Thanks Balta! And yeah, I've posted him on... at least 3 different sites already, before BZP. I really wanted to use teal as a primary colour, but it was difficult. Forced me to be more creative in areas where I'm usually not (e.g. feet).

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the review you requested. ^^First of all, I love the design. Sleek, agile, thin - it's a good build. My favorite part of the design was the torso because it is so uniquely built. The claw-foot at the front of it is a good touch and makes a good front plate/torso armor. Also I'd like to add that the shield and hammer-like weapon the Toa is holding. And I really like the bike, because it looks like a more modern and advanced design. I liked how you incorporated both LEGO and Bionicle pieces into Aeiss, by the way.Secondly, I like the colors you chose. It's a decent combination, and if it were in canon terms, I'm guessing it would be a Toa of the Green..? Anyway, I love the teal and blue colors. And I liked the simplistic silver and black combo of the bike, too.I don't see any exact flaws in it, to be honest. I liked the poses and pictures you supplied, though - and, you're cate is cute. =3Anyway, great job on it. Keep up the good work! ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...