• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toa Aeiss And The Cygnus X-1 Hover Bike

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:57 PM

First topic on new forums. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.pngI made this about halfway through the downtime, so it's a bit old, but nobody on BZP's seen it yet, and I like it, so I'll post it.Posted ImageClick for gallery.And HERE'S the gallery for Aeiss alone, with better shots of him. Ignore the Takal cameo (orange/white guy).Comments?

Posted Image

Edited by Xinlo: Spirit Of Sonics, Oct 14 2011 - 04:58 PM.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

#2 Offline Takal

Takal
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 24-December 06
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, just ignore this post, people...But me-jokes aside, I'll say again that although the colours are a little odd, and the bike looks fairly fragile, I like the originality of both. Nice job, Xin.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

#3 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, just ignore this post, people...But me-jokes aside, I'll say again that although the colours are a little odd, and the bike looks fairly fragile, I like the originality of both. Nice job, Xin.

I can tell you right now, the bike is not fragile in the slightest.

Posted Image

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

#4 Offline Jonestown Bartender

Jonestown Bartender
  • Banned Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 26-August 06
  • 824 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 11:22 PM

Looks good, love the hoover bike.

#5 Offline Niflheim

Niflheim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-March 06
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 11:28 PM

Interesting color choices for Aeiss. Teal and Mata blue. It looks very nice. The bike is quite an ingenuity, very original. Definitely the highlight of these two MOCs. The use of the smooth 2x4 pieces is good also.

#6 Offline Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of
  • Members
  • Toa

• 05-June 10
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:21 PM

I think I already gave you my thoughts on this, but I'm not sure. :P I really like Aeiss, the teal/light blue combo is lovely. However, the feet seem a little odd. They look too... rounded. I dunno, whatever. The bike is awesome, though. I like the tubes and pistons, and all those weapons you used for armor fit together nice and cohesively.

#7 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,788 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:24 PM

I like the commitment to the teal coloured parts, I never use teal with anything as a toa, because I just don't have enough useful parts in that colour. And the mata blue goes nicely with it too. The bike is very original and I love the use of so many different tool pieces from various years, particularly '03 Tahu Nuvas swords. They fit in really well, and I don't seem them on many MOCs, so awesome job there! Not entirely sure from the pictures, does the front turbine pivot like on a wheeled bike?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#8 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 09:34 PM

I like the commitment to the teal coloured parts, I never use teal with anything as a toa, because I just don't have enough useful parts in that colour. And the mata blue goes nicely with it too. The bike is very original and I love the use of so many different tool pieces from various years, particularly '03 Tahu Nuvas swords. They fit in really well, and I don't seem them on many MOCs, so awesome job there! Not entirely sure from the pictures, does the front turbine pivot like on a wheeled bike?

Indeed it does. It works exactly like a normal bike, just with horizontal wheels. Thanks for the replies, guys!

Posted Image

E8c8QpP.jpg

#9 Offline JohannDakitsch

JohannDakitsch
  • Members
  • Toa

• 01-May 07
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:26 PM

Nice pair of MOCs. The pilot is good, with nice colors, altough not so flowy on the shape. The bike is very nice, I really like the idea. The hoover parts could be a bit better (at first i tough they were wheels just turned the wrong way), but overall its vyr good. Keep it up!
The night is dark and full of terrors...

#10 Offline Ehlekdude

Ehlekdude
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 30-October 10
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 07:51 AM

The bike is nice and complicated with a elegant colour scheme. The front part looks a bit odd, but not that bad. Bike - 8.5/10Aeiss has a truly beautiful colour scheme. Both weapons are very nice Aeiss - 9/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

#11 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 12:07 PM

Thanks guys. I don't care too much about the flowiness, it's hard enough to use teal to make something half decent, let alone smooth. :P And I don't really see what's wrong with the hover parts... I imagine that's what they'd look like on a real hover bike. What else would you have me do? Thanks again. What is odd about it? I can't improve it if you guys don't tell me what's wrong with it. ;)

Posted Image

E8c8QpP.jpg

#12 Offline Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Nujanii: Kanohi Master
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-September 10
  • 719 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 01:51 PM

I love the cat, but what was that MOC in the background? On topic, I like the teal/medium blue color scheme. The bike is well done. I like it. The Tahu Nuva swords were, I felt, especially well placed.

Edited by kanohi_master, Oct 25 2011 - 01:54 PM.

My Epic

I am working on a tabletop dice-based combat system for BIONICLE sets.

#13 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 14-June 08
  • 3,006 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 07:55 PM

Awesome! The bike is amazing, and so is Aeiss, but I think he would look better if the axles on the feet weren't sticking out as much.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

#14 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2011 - 06:31 PM

Thanks guys. I love my cat ^_^And Akuna, I had originally meant to cover up the axles but it was a mix of laziness/not remembering. :P

Posted Image

E8c8QpP.jpg

#15 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 06-August 10
  • 1,749 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 30 2011 - 06:40 PM

Huh, I saw this on another site while the forums were down. Anyway, this is a very good MOC. Aeiss himself looks awesome - the color scheme is amazing (TEAL!) and the construction is solid. The hover bike is neat too; I especially like the use of the turbines. :t: :b: :3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3, Oct 30 2011 - 06:40 PM.

Q2TtLEz.png

#16 Offline Xinlo

Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thanks Balta! And yeah, I've posted him on... at least 3 different sites already, before BZP. I really wanted to use teal as a primary colour, but it was difficult. Forced me to be more creative in areas where I'm usually not (e.g. feet).

Posted Image

E8c8QpP.jpg

#17 Offline The Zman

The Zman
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-April 08
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2011 - 12:51 AM

Very sleek, very sleek indeed.You've also hit my weakness for motorcycles, and similar vehicles so I'm going to have to give this MOC my approval.
BIONICLE fan since the start. Hate to see the sets go, but I'm excited to see what the future brings.

#18 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2011 - 05:12 PM

Here's the review you requested. ^^First of all, I love the design. Sleek, agile, thin - it's a good build. My favorite part of the design was the torso because it is so uniquely built. The claw-foot at the front of it is a good touch and makes a good front plate/torso armor. Also I'd like to add that the shield and hammer-like weapon the Toa is holding. And I really like the bike, because it looks like a more modern and advanced design. I liked how you incorporated both LEGO and Bionicle pieces into Aeiss, by the way.Secondly, I like the colors you chose. It's a decent combination, and if it were in canon terms, I'm guessing it would be a Toa of the Green..? Anyway, I love the teal and blue colors. And I liked the simplistic silver and black combo of the bike, too.I don't see any exact flaws in it, to be honest. I liked the poses and pictures you supplied, though - and, you're cate is cute. =3Anyway, great job on it. Keep up the good work! ^_^
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users