• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Comics Contest #2: The One And Only Poll

Kerpow Shazam etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Comics Contest #2 Final Poll (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,318 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

Welcome to the Comics Contest #2: Onomatopoetic Justice final poll! Yes, since there are fewer than 11 entries, we'll be running only one poll this time around. We will, however, extend this poll's voting period to cover the duration of two rounds; in other words, voting will end on July 5th at 11:59 PM (EDT). You may vote for one entry in this poll. Please take the time to give each entry a good look!--1. Avengers Assemble!Posted Image[Page 1]2. BIOCICLES ACTITON COMICPosted Image[Page 1]3. The Joker RisesPosted Image[Page 1]4. Sunset in MetropolisPosted Image[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3]5. -True Heroes-Posted Image[Page 1]6. Strawberry Ice-CreamPosted Image[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3]7. The Battle of the BurritoPosted Image[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5]8. TraitorPosted Image[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4]

Edited by -Windrider-, Jul 06 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#2 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,824 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 07:19 AM

Traitor all the way.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#3 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nulled. "Traitor", "Strawberry Ice-Cream" and "The Battle of the Burrito" are ex aequo, IMO.

skyrim_banner.jpg

#4 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 839 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 05:51 PM

totes rooting for traitor

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#5 Offline Pugmother

Pugmother
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 13 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2012 - 03:52 PM

i voted for Traitor
:-)

#6 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,435 posts

Posted Jul 02 2012 - 07:52 PM

How does the second entry actually have any votes, much less being in second place? The mind boggles.Anyway, voted for Traitor, although Strawberry Ice Cream was pretty awesome as well.~B~

Edited by Ballom, Jul 02 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Offline VampireBohrok

VampireBohrok
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,332 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2012 - 08:21 PM

Uncle K's entry is definitely my favourite here. The visuals are more consistent and well-composed than any other entry's, I think.Oh yeah, aside from the BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC of course. But that's like a whole other league.

And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might;

since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day.

#8 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 949 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 02:37 AM

BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC and Strawberry Ice Cream were the two I very much liked. The others lacked something, but I'm not entirely sure what it was. Perhaps it's the style of the others; they seem to be repetitive, whereas the other two have a feeling of ingenuity and uniqueness. Yes, even BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC, with its misspelt dialogue and MSPaint format, was surprisingly good.Strawberry Ice Cream, especially, has this amazing flow and style that channels a warm, living energy that some of the others lack.
Posted Image
Credit for awesome sig goes to ankyfdarkness! Yay!

#9 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 839 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 09:21 AM

GUYS! TAKE THE HINT! USE GIMP NEXT TIME!

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#10 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:02 PM

voted for number 6

#11 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,728 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 05:06 AM

If I do recall, having LEGO characters wasn't against the rules. Not to mention the comics with LEGO people actually made a bit of sense. Also, the comic I made has Bionicles, so there must be some other reason why the BAC entry is getting all the votes...-Rez

rc_banner.png

#12 Offline Funcle K.

Funcle K.
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,229 posts

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 07:23 AM

If I do recall, having LEGO characters wasn't against the rules. Not to mention the comics with LEGO people actually made a bit of sense. Also, the comic I made has Bionicles, so there must be some other reason why the BAC entry is getting all the votes...-Rez

Wizardry!I laughed a bit at the end 'stair' but the rest of it baffled me as to what was going on. That's to be expected, but I feel like it would make more sense if I knew what it was about.

SignatureFullname2_zpsc17d42ac.jpg

#13 Offline Sycron

Sycron
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 54 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 08:42 AM

Soran's gonna win for sure.

Sycron's Comics - SycronZone - Sorans Comic Compilation - The White Gryffon

Go to the Minecraft Server DNAcraft! IP:109.95.210.95:25865

My rank is Tohunga, so I'm probably going to get sued by the Maori. :lol-sign:

#14 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 12:36 PM

Maybe it's because unlike others, it had Bionicle, not Legomans.

Three entries use bionicle, those being Strawberry Ice-cream, -True Heroes- and BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC. BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC just had the name "Bionicle" or the closest to it in the name. It wasn't really bionicle related anyway, same basically as all the other entries. It could easily replace The name and the person with a Superman minifigure or something and still get the same understanding.

Also, the comic I made has Bionicles, so there must be some other reason why the BAC entry is getting all the votes...-Rez

BAC has some help from people offsite who have been telling people to vote for it. Whether or not people actually vote for it just depends on if they have a BZPower account. Considering the site it was advertised on is technically BIONICLE/LEGO related will mean that viewers might most likely have an account to vote for it.~Soran

Edited by Soran, Jul 04 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#15 Offline Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice

Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 02:44 PM

I Vote for Traitor

Give me da blanket

#16 Offline previnyl

previnyl
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 17 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 06:59 PM

I voted for Strawberry Ice-Cream, it was the one I enjoyed reading the most. I do, however, commend Traitor for its visuals.And as for the second entry...I don't find it humorous or interesting. What's sad is that it actually takes talent to make a comic that horribly disfigured, and the author could of used that talent to make a decent entry. :closedeyes:

#17 Online Octodad

Octodad
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,091 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 08:55 PM

And as for the second entry...I don't find it humorous or interesting. What's sad is that it actually takes talent to make a comic that horribly disfigured, and the author could of used that talent to make a decent entry. :closedeyes:

The author had more... ironic ideas in mind.

#18 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,044 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 05 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hey guys, let's not make references to sites that we shouldn't.

#19 Offline Ziko

Ziko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,772 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jul 05 2012 - 10:59 PM

And that's the end! Thanks for voting, everyone; we'll see you in the results topic.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users