B Z P Scrapbook

Through the years we've seen many members come and go. Each year brings us new changes, be them April Fools pranks, name changes or even a forum upgrade. After many years I'm sure this site has its fair share of stories to tell, and although we could just sift through the archives, I think it would be nicer to reminisce with other members.Simple question: What were some of the most memorable experiences of yours on BZP (be them fond memories, horrible recollections or something that caught your eye where you look back and chuckle "Hah, I remember that")Being an old member myself (keep off the lawn), I'll share a few events to start us off.Dark 709's Comics: The MovieI remember this being huge when it came out. There was even a game made for the event. I still remember watching in awe, eagerly awaiting the next part to come out. TugglesYeah, yeah, they were a very simple MOC and they weren't incredibly difficult to make... but man did these things get attention! I still find it funny how upset some members got over it. XD To this day I still remember those tuggly-wuggly-bungly- *hits face to keyboard to stop*Vahki PowerNow this was a fun year for BZP. There were a lot of theories going around about whether or not Turaga Dume was evil. There was plenty of support for both sides and the debate was very engaging. This was the year when Bionicle was taken in a totally new direction with the new discoveries of Metru Nui and the announcement that the Vahki had taken control of our website. Tales of the Chibi ToaThis was an old, old comic series that I was aware of before I ever joined BZPower. Heck, I think this was how we first discovered the site. The comics were simple, yet humorous with Lewa becoming "Cactus Man". I think they were eventually taken down by the creator, but it's still a fond memory of mine. Good times, good times.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Well, I remember past BBC Contests. Fun times spreading out parts and testing pieces to try and create the best possible MOC, close polls in which various entries all vied for glory, eventually seeing many of the MOCs I supported earn well-deserved wins. . . yep.Good times. :)~B~

I remember the time when the forums were completely packed. Always new canon to discuss. Good stuff, bro. :'D

Edited by Nuparu1995

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

There are a few comics I followed on Bzpower that I miss now that there gone.The rise and fall of the toaMask of humorLeague of villanyPlus the comedies of the 4 bionicle moviesAnd this great epicThe Bara Magna chroniclesAll of these have gotten no updates as far as I know

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Long ago, T-Hybrid and his story, Te Mutunga, were godlike in my eyes. He was number 1 in posts for the longest time, and so one April Fool's Day he unlocked a wondrous new post rank - Clikits. That was a good day.Whatever happened to him, I wonder? His profile says he hasn't visited since October, and I don't recall ever seeing him post since I've returned, so I'm guessing he's been gone for a while longer than that.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Long ago, T-Hybrid and his story, Te Mutunga, were godlike in my eyes. He was number 1 in posts for the longest time, and so one April Fool's Day he unlocked a wondrous new post rank - Clikits. That was a good day.Whatever happened to him, I wonder? His profile says he hasn't visited since October, and I don't recall ever seeing him post since I've returned, so I'm guessing he's been gone for a while longer than that.
He's alive, spends most of his time working and going to Twins games from what i know. :P

Yo.

Wow, where to start. I haven't been here since Day 1, but I've been here sort of for a while now.I still remember the day Vahki Power came up and I was like "what's going on here??" I too also remember the Tuggles and their adorable huggableness (I'm making that a word). There was also a bunch of other fads that were inspired by the Tuggles that followed soon afterwards, but sadly my memory is so bad I can't remember the names of them. Then someone started up some adoptables on here as well long ago, which I guess gave rise to many other various adoptables. And before any of those, there were the plushies and the plushie generator. I wish I still had the link to it, I remember I made one for Takanuva and Makuta, as well as some based off fan-made characters I thought of or just random characters. I also remember a pic comic that was called "Thok's Visorak" from another member that I enjoyed. I still remember a lot of it, and I'm not even sure what happened to it. One line I remember is something like...Visorak: T is for Thok!Rahkshi: Who's Thok?XDI also remember a member ToaNuva007, who's writings actually inspired me to start writing on here. I also remember puffie40 who was most well-known for writing the very first "Ask Tahu!" comedy and while it's been deleted from the forums, being an old topic he asked to have closed, it still lives on in my memories and it sort of helped to inspire how I portray Tahu in what I write. So you could say he was a big inspiration for me. Another was a comedy called "The Siddy and Roody" show, a "talk show" that starred Sidorak and Roodaka. I sadly don't remember the person's name, but this and another comedy called "Ask Sidorak" helped me to write "Ask Roodaka," which older fans who used to be fans of my writing thought was my best work to this day, and I still do like the old comedy and I wish I could resume it.I also remember the great SPIRIT (see what I did there?) and his mighty movie spoofs and his various short films, such as the Mantax Facts one. Nearly everything he made was gold. I remember how he and Dr. Bionicle used to have like a small "podcast" of sorts, which has been defunct for a long time... as far as I remember, I'm not sure if they ever brought it back somehow, but I could be wrong. I remember how I also made a comedy called A Day in the life of Teridax?, which others thought rivaled Ask Roodaka for the best I'd written, and it was definitely very elaborate going for over 100 total chapters (not including the BZPocalypse). Oh, that reminds me, I remember the BZPocalypse and how it ate a bunch of my stories and how sad I was. I'm still sort of sad to this day, so much was lost and couldn't be replaced. And I mean not just the library forums, it was everything. Lewa0111 (Now Lewa0111 Nuva) actually found a way to restore some topic posts, which I used to restore some, but not all of the stories I made.I remember how someone told me I turned them into a fan of a singer I liked a whole lot, too. I wasn't sure how to react to that first time around. I was like O_O. And then I remember how as a small joke, I changed my username to reflect her name, so I kind of "brought her" to BZPower so to say. Of course, after my 3 months of "shame" were up, I went back to being ShadowBionics.And then I remember how some people didn't like the way I wrote anymore and I didn't feel welcome on here... so I while I checked in periodically, I eventually left for 8 months. And now here I am again.So safe to say, I have a lot of stories I could share about BZPower, but to do that I'd probably need a few posts or something. So since I'm rambling now, I will just stop here, before I go off on more of a tangent.

Anybody remember pixie sticks?Or when the prototype nuva pics broke?Or Crank's proto punch?Or the Rahkshi giveaway?Remember when DV started that REBELLION in BBC? Pat you totally remember that. I bet Jen does, too. ;)REMEMBER TALES OF THE CHIBI-TOA?Hahaha remember "GALI IS TOTALLY TAKANUVA?"Goooooooooooood tiiiiiiiiiiimesEDIT: also forget tuggles, they were just a rip-off of the TORKS, made by Romangus. Y'all are noobs.

Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"

Everyone has to remember Spi´s famous "Please do not spam" closing post. That one was so hilarious! :DAlso, disk fad, anyone? That was fun. ^_^Let´s see, other fun times...every time new story or set information was revealed. All BBC and even AC contests. Every anniversary was lots of fun, too, especially those where I was already staff. :P Of course, me becoming staff was one of my fondest memories, too, but I´m not sure you will remember it as fondly as I did. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hm. I remember Human Bionicle art being a big thing back when... good old times. ^^And the various fads... disks, ducks, leechums, all those thingies.But my fondest memories... are mostly from various conversation with fellow BZPers, I think. ^^

I remember the Barbie April Fools Joke. XD Ah, good times.~Gravity
Mhm, that was quite funny ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I'm glad someone else remembers Te Mutunga. That story was fantastic.GaliGee's rich comedies deserve mention too. Not just because they were so well written, but also because they captured a certain warmth and heart from Bionicle's early years that later years seemed to lack.

The "deletion" of COT and LGD a number of years back (2007, I think?) was the funniest prank ever. Seeing members getting riled up about them was hilarious, and the animosity between the many who abhorred the move and the few that championed it as an improvement lasted far longer than the two or three days of the prank.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Everyone has to remember Spi´s famous "Please do not spam" closing post. That one was so hilarious! :biggrin:
So were half of his other closing posts. The staff here are too funny sometimes; it's bizarre how many parody topic closing posts I can think of. It's like half of what we reminisce about here.How about that one Staff RPG that ended up really popular and spreading into a BBC Contest? That was really something--a nice way of using and building the community of BZP. I was pretty new when it was going on, though, so I don't remember it too well, sadly.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Everyone has to remember Spi´s famous "Please do not spam" closing post. That one was so hilarious! :biggrin:
So were half of his other closing posts. The staff here are too funny sometimes; it's bizarre how many parody topic closing posts I can think of. It's like half of what we reminisce about here.How about that one Staff RPG that ended up really popular and spreading into a BBC Contest? That was really something--a nice way of using and building the community of BZP. I was pretty new when it was going on, though, so I don't remember it too well, sadly.~ BioGio
Talk about cruel staff members. ^_^I never payed attention to the staff RPG (I think it was called Chaos in the Deep) either. :(-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Chaos in the Deep was nothing compared to Staff Survivor.That will always live on as the real staff rpg.
WORD.
It was the most fun, and it had member involvement through voting on who they wanted kicked off each week. It was great!
Remember the point in the story when we all got naked and romped around?Remember when I totally went global and owned everyone's sigs? ;)Remember HOW HARD i tried to convince Jen to let me bring potatoes to the island?Oh man and the challenges, oh man...

Chaos in the Deep was nothing compared to Staff Survivor.That will always live on as the real staff rpg.
WORD.
It was the most fun, and it had member involvement through voting on who they wanted kicked off each week. It was great!
Remember the point in the story when we all got naked and romped around?Remember when I totally went global and owned everyone's sigs? ;)Remember HOW HARD i tried to convince Jen to let me bring potatoes to the island?Oh man and the challenges, oh man...
fleacampweek3.jpgFleas 4 life.

Yo.

Well shoot. Looks like the current times aren't as cool as it was back in the day. :/Though, my favorite memory was watching SPIRIT'S PSAs over and over again. Matter of fact to this day, I can still quote it word for word, with the accents and everything. :D

Visoran the movie is a project I remember coming across, and was sad to see it eventually come to completion. Never seen a stop motion with a combination of brilliant plot, MOCs, humour and overall quality.I also remember when everyone had BIONICLE ammo related sig pets. You don't see those around anymore.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Visoran the movie is a project I remember coming across, and was sad to see it eventually come to completion. Never seen a stop motion with a combination of brilliant plot, MOCs, humour and overall quality.I also remember when everyone had BIONICLE ammo related sig pets. You don't see those around anymore.
Hah, I do remember Visoran! :D It was by Katuko, wasn´t it? It inspired me to an own stop-motion movie which of course sucked horribly. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Hah, I do remember Visoran! :biggrin: It was by Katuko, wasn´t it? It inspired me to an own stop-motion movie which of course sucked horribly. :P-Gata signoff.png
Same here actually. I think mine spanned a total of two episodes, both of which made no sense, and had about 2 frames where Katuko would have had more than 10. Unbelievably jerky.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Hah, I do remember Visoran! :biggrin: It was by Katuko, wasn´t it? It inspired me to an own stop-motion movie which of course sucked horribly. :P-Gata signoff.png
Same here actually. I think mine spanned a total of two episodes, both of which made no sense, and had about 2 frames where Katuko would have had more than 10. Unbelievably jerky.
I didn´t even do more than one episode, I think. One pilot episode with not even a minute of length. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Anybody remember SPIRIT's Time Capsule video? Most hilarious thing I've ever seen - not to mention the Barbie Prank. Favorite prank so far, not just because it's Barbie but because that's something I could have fun with, not just the staff. =P My main problem was the fact that members actually took it seriously. It ruined the fun, unfortunately. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

WORD.
fleacampweek3.jpgFleas 4 life.
No way, sonfastaway.gifFastaways forever, dogg. We had Schizo.Oh man, dude -staffsurvivor.gif
Well shoot.Looks like the current times aren't as cool as it was back in the day. :/
Yeah, not gonna lie, it was way, way cooler around here seven years ago.

My gosh, all of this talk of the old days... Kinda makes me want a BZP renaissance all up in here. XP (Am I too young to feel old? D= ).Oh gosh, all of this talk of SPIRIT's stuff is making me remember his movie spoofs. Funniest things ever. XD Ah, the days of plushie generators, sprites and theories. And oh my gosh, Torks. I totally forgot what those even look like, it's been way too long. XDGreat trip down memory lane. Oh, topic, you are everything I'd hoped you'd be. Oh gosh, remember all of the Roodaka fan stuff that was going on when Web of Shadows came out? Ah, back when GA buried my topics two pages deep in a matter of two days. XP (No, really, that actually happened).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

My 'early days' of BZPower were spent mainly reading other people's epics, so my main fond memories are of authors who have sadly gone and the eager anticipation of waiting for new chapters to come out. HauNuva and the Exosphere saga, Daikaiju King and.... Return to Metru Nui I think it was called, The Shadowed One's Heart of Gold, Time Disruption... anyone else remember these?

Most memories are of April Fool's jokes. Vahki Power is the classic one that comes to mind, but my favorite has to be the few days when CoT and Lego General Discussion were removed. I found it quite amusing how passionate people got over that one.Also, amusing board messages anyone? Bubble wrap? Plushies? I think I still have my Rahkshi plushie banner somewhere on the computer.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

• 2 weeks later...
TugglesYeah, yeah, they were a very simple MOC and they weren't incredibly difficult to make... but man did these things get attention! I still find it funny how upset some members got over it. XD To this day I still remember those tuggly-wuggly-bungly- *hits face to keyboard to stop*
OH MY GODTUGGLESI WISH I WAS A MEMBER THEN SO I COULD SHOW MY LOVEI <3 TUGGLES
Forget tuggles, it was all about the plushies.
Same goes for this.Did anyone ever read Thok's Visorak? I used to love that thing too much.

Did anyone ever read Thok's Visorak? I used to love that thing too much.
Oh man, Thok's Visorak ... I loved that comic series and I still have no idea why. It's one of the few things I still remember about my early BZP days.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg