Checked Posts

Meiko

Okay, so since I've had no power for a few days, I haven't been on BZPower for a while. I don't know if there was an update or something, but there is some new feature I saw when I clicked a notification of a reply to a followed topic in the Ninjago Wiki subforum. It's something about "Checked posts", and I don't know what it is.It says I can delete, move, and something else (I don't remember), and I don't know what these actions apply to.Has anybody else seen this, and can they please explain what it does, or is it some special privilege that I don't remember getting because I'm TNW staff. I haven't seen it in any other forum.Here is a screenshot:what_is_this.pngI hope I haven't left any important details out, but this is pretty much my entire explanation of it...Edit: Okay, It popped up in this topic as soon as I posted it. Is it something exclusive to topics I make?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I´m not sure how the board stores which posts a moderator has checked. Either way, this is strange. Try deleting your cookies from BZPower, logging out and back again or simply clicking the Go button and proceeding all the way. Since you don´t have any moderation powers, you should eventually get an error message. Still, please select the option to hide a post instead of delete, just in case. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I just won't touch anything, just to be safe. Since my power went out, all kinds of things on the internet are being weird, but everything that's given me an error is on a secure (HTTPS) connection, because all my browsers think every HTTPS site is not secure for some reason. This is the only site that uses a standard HTTP connection that's giving me an error. I might try resetting my router, but I can't see why a security identification bug in my computer that just showed up since my power came back on could give me a weird moderator thing on BZPower. :/I've tried clearing my browser cache and most other data on both Firefox and Chrome. I reinstalled Firefox 13, and nothing's changed.This is more of a technical question for a BZP webmaster: BZPower isn't set up to handle HTTPS is it? If so, it could be a IP.Board script is programmed and coded into an HTTPS url. I seriously doubt this, but it could be a problem after seeing the other HTTPS problems on other websites I've had.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hmmm...Perhaps it's because you have the TNW subforum, so the board lets you do things there (Delete posts, move topics, edit other's posts, etc.) despite not being staff, whether it's supposed to or not (Probably not). But maybe it screwed up once more and it followed you, like it would follow a real staff member.

aouROFb.png

Hmmm...Perhaps it's because you have the TNW subforum, so the board lets you do things there (Delete posts, move topics, edit other's posts, etc.) despite not being staff, whether it's supposed to or not (Probably not). But maybe it screwed up once more and it followed you, like it would follow a real staff member.
That's what I originally thought, but when Black Six and I were working out what the new forum would be like, I saved the staff the excess trouble of making all the special privileges for certain members like the BS01 subforum has. I can't imagine them abruptly adding those privileges, just because I can't see why they would. The other problem with that statement is that as soon as I posted this topic, I saw the popup here as well, which doesn't have anything to do with it.Since Gatanui replied, I haven't seen the popup yet, but I haven't posted a new topic either. Chances are it still isn't fixed though, just because nothing else with my wacky internet is fixed either...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Is there anything you changed ever since you posted the topic and before the box disappeared?-Gata signoff.png
Not a thing, at all. Haven't even opened my settings...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

That's what I originally thought, but when Black Six and I were working out what the new forum would be like, I saved the staff the excess trouble of making all the special privileges for certain members like the BS01 subforum has. I can't imagine them abruptly adding those privileges, just because I can't see why they would. The other problem with that statement is that as soon as I posted this topic, I saw the popup here as well, which doesn't have anything to do with it.Since Gatanui replied, I haven't seen the popup yet, but I haven't posted a new topic either. Chances are it still isn't fixed though, just because nothing else with my wacky internet is fixed either...
To see if you do have moderator privileges for some reason, go into the Ninjago wiki forum and see if you have checkboxes next to topics and posts.If that is indeed the case, it would explain why it remained after creating a new topic. If I check a post and leave the page, I still have the notification that there's a checked post.

I'm not seeing any check boxes. Here's my screenshot: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Meiko/BZPower/tnw_subforum_no_checks.bmp

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This is more of a technical question for a BZP webmaster: BZPower isn't set up to handle HTTPS is it? If so, it could be a IP.Board script is programmed and coded into an HTTPS url. I seriously doubt this, but it could be a problem after seeing the other HTTPS problems on other websites I've had.
BZPower does not use HTTPS at all, so I doubt that is related to your problem.

This is more of a technical question for a BZP webmaster: BZPower isn't set up to handle HTTPS is it? If so, it could be a IP.Board script is programmed and coded into an HTTPS url. I seriously doubt this, but it could be a problem after seeing the other HTTPS problems on other websites I've had.
BZPower does not use HTTPS at all, so I doubt that is related to your problem.
Weird because HTTPS sites are the only sites doing strange things. I didn't think that was the problem, but that's all I could think of.The weird part about this is that I only have one of many moderator/administrator exclusive gadgets here, instead of multiples. It's strange for just one to appear. Just in case, is there anything that I should look out for? I don't want to mess something up by clicking something. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Weird because HTTPS sites are the only sites doing strange things. I didn't think that was the problem, but that's all I could think of.The weird part about this is that I only have one of many moderator/administrator exclusive gadgets here, instead of multiples. It's strange for just one to appear. Just in case, is there anything that I should look out for? I don't want to mess something up by clicking something. :P
Clicking "Go" for any of the available actions should either bring up a confirmation or take you to a secondary screen out of which you can exit without any harm done, so I wouldn't worry too much about messing things up. All of the actions are reversible in one way or another, anyway.

Clicking "Go" for any of the available actions should either bring up a confirmation or take you to a secondary screen out of which you can exit without any harm done, so I wouldn't worry too much about messing things up. All of the actions are reversible in one way or another, anyway.
Okay, I'll do that next time it pops up. It seems to do it any time I post a topic, but not a reply.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I don't think he can delete your post specifically; he said that no check boxes are appearing next to the posts as they would for forum staff. Going through the motions for post deletion could delete any post, or it could do nothing. I recommend against following through with any of the actions, even if it can be reversed.

Edited by -Windrider-

I don't think he can delete your post specifically; he said that no check boxes are appearing next to the posts as they would for forum staff. Going through the motions for post deletion could delete any post, or it could do nothing. I recommend against following through with any of the actions, even if it can be reversed.
Yeah, there aren't any check boxes. Just occasionally the box in the corner pops up saying that I've checked something when I haven't. Like I said, this hasn't happened any other time other than when I post a new topic. If anybody is thinking of posting a new topic soon, I'd love to ask them if this pop-up appears for them as well when they start a new topic, or if it's just a problem for me.EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot how I first saw this. This problem also appears when somebody replies to a topic that I created, but for some reason it isn't doing it in this topic. The first occurance was when I checked a notification I got that Ballom replied to "The Ninjago Wiki Survey", which is a topic I both started and follow. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Okay, I've done what usually made the symptoms show up (posting topics and following them) since this problem started, and I haven't seen it happen again. I'll keep my eyes open just in case, but it looks like it seems to be fixed for now. I don't know what fixed it, or what was causing it for that matter, but whatever it was, it hasn't occurred in a few days.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Okay, I've done what usually made the symptoms show up (posting topics and following them) since this problem started, and I haven't seen it happen again. I'll keep my eyes open just in case, but it looks like it seems to be fixed for now. I don't know what fixed it, or what was causing it for that matter, but whatever it was, it hasn't occurred in a few days.
Alrighty, then. Let us know if you have any other problems.Problem resolved; topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender