• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Takea Tankards

RPG Waves Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1633 replies to this topic

#1521 Offline Tafu

Tafu
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 07:09 PM

...but college is closing fast.

I'm in the same boat, which worries me since I've somehow managed to place myself in a leadership position in at least two groups. Even when I was trying not too...

Credits: Xanis
"Don't Panic."

#1522 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm already at school. I still post.But then again, I have no life.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#1523 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 08:09 PM

Well, if the group isn't moving in within a few days, I'll fill in to get Doriana and Arkrak at least to the first room to look around.Also - Nobody picked up the sword. Huh. That could be bad. Or good. Depending on your perspective.Finally - The new, official theme of Waves of the South is the Redguard main theme.

The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard Main Theme

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Aug 25 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#1524 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:03 PM

I hate how the price of having Summer end later is the stagnation of anything of this sort towards the end.

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#1525 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:08 PM

So sorry about the delay guys, I've been kind of busy for the past few days. Had an airshow to attend, chores to do etc. I should have everyone up and moving again by this evening.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#1526 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 03:13 PM

I want to note one thing, though, in that Arkrak and Doriana would be way ahead of everyone else if they've already entered the dungeon. If you didn't catch it from the writing, this clearing, and of course the complex, are huge.As in, like, six times the area of a football field huge. The path leading to the divergence of the two paths, and the obelisk, goes about 15 Bio from the edge of the forest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1527 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 05:16 PM

What type of football field exactly? Football refers to different sports in different regions of the world.

#1528 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 05:22 PM

American football, most likely.360ftx160ft is the standard.

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.

#1529 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 06:12 PM

What type of football field exactly? Football refers to different sports in different regions of the world.

Obviously American football, because I'm an American.As Myr stated, with accurate measurements. Which may be more or less useful, because I'm just thinking in the length of a football field.Basically, the entire thing can be summarized with "It's really big."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1530 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 06:18 PM

You're welcome.

#1531 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:41 AM

Ah, I'm Australian, so I usually think AFL Football field.

#1532 Offline Half-Dragon

Half-Dragon
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,553 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 04:30 PM

So I gather that school starting back up is getting right in the path of RPGs and digging in, but just so I know who exactly are we waiting on with the Misty Island group? I don't think Alfon's said anything in a while, though last I recall Kaladin was trying to see to him.^^H-D^^

Dark streets and whispers cold,

Under dead metropolis eyes.

These troubled, trampled souls

Build their highways into the skies.

#1533 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:18 PM

Mm. Mighty are the fortifications of the Education Hill.Take many RPers to breach them it will. :P
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1534 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:20 PM

Nah, I'm still here. Just waiting for our colleagues to break through.

#1535 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 07:08 PM

It's like they consider their education more important than us.Or at least BZPRPG. See, look here. You On BZPRPG - You On Here = You + Me Sad. My California Standards may be low, but I still know basic arithmetic like that.Seriously. Even Bing is here, watching us, right now. And Bing is a terrible search engine.

So sorry about the delay guys, I've been kind of busy for the past few days. Had an airshow to attend, chores to do etc. I should have everyone up and moving again by this evening.

And you lie like Mesonak talking about comedy reviews. Blatant. Lies.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:P.S. I'm not mad, I'm just joking. But just one post a day would be, like, awesome. From anyone. The whole point of this was 'Lev doesn't need to do anything because then it slows everything down, and it adds to player interactivity and their ability to contribute'. Not 'Lev doesn't do anything and nothing happens'.Except 'dem Vermillion Dragon people. Dem haz a cool.

#1536 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 07:15 PM

I POSTED, LEV. DO YOU SEE IT? IT'S RIGHT THERE. :PAnyway, sorry for the delay all. We can start our dungeon crawling now.

#1537 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:07 PM

I just need to get to a good point where I can have Aclaraung drop in with the Vermillion Dragon people.I would assume that he'd be rather recognizable.

#1538 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:09 PM

Paragon. I see you posting.Paragon. Don't kill off all of your characters like you do every single RPG.Paragon. No.I'm letting them take your equipment if you do. All of it.@ Grochi; Also, he would let every single person in the area know Yowrik's manor had a dragon on it.@ Krayzikk; Yes, go ahead do it.@ Basilisk; You're not going to check the obelisk? Darn, I wanted to kill you all with Exploding Runes.@ Everyone; You're ignoring the sword. I added a sword to the text. I described it. If the GM describes something in detail, it must be important. That's, like, the #1 rule in gaming.-Toa Levacius Zevhor :flagusa:

#1539 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'll deal with the sword. So needy. :P
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1540 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:11 PM

Pfft, I'll just wait until they're all somewhere away from society. Maybe set up some meeting with Yowrik who-knows-where.

#1541 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:17 PM

Okay N/M he didn't self-genocide. Just character development. Yay!@ Baslisk; No. No. Don't. You can't.REGARDING THE REAL WORLD: I find it disturbing that Michael Jackson dying received more press than Neil Armstrong passing away has. I'm probably going to GM up a tribute.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1542 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:18 PM

I can't interact with it? Or it'll kill Fenrir if I try?

#1543 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:18 PM

YES LEV.DO EET.He deserves more ;_;

#1544 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'll second that.

#1545 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:20 PM

@ Basilisk; Yes, you can interact with it, I was just teasing you.@ Grochi; You know I am.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1546 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:21 PM

I do?Lev, I get the feeling that you predicted his death now.

#1547 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:26 PM

...Lev, did you steal my copy of the Al Azif? I want it back! I stole that fair and square from a Formless Spawn! Hand it over!

Edited by Basilisk, Aug 27 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#1548 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yay progress.

#1549 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hope you don't mind Fenrir fleshing out the history a bit Lev. :)

#1550 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:52 PM

You mean like those three have been doing the whole time? :PAlso: If the name of "Old Priest Tarok" is taken, I'll shoot something.

#1551 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:56 PM

It's hilarious how the scholar, and the two oldest creatures in the game just sit down and flesh out the history.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs, Aug 27 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#1552 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, what can I say? I like world-building. :P

#1553 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well, Krayzikk, they are the best suited for the job. :P

#1554 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Introduce Zaphos. Y/N? Or is he unallowed?

#1555 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

It's actually quite a lot of fun.

#1556 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Well, Krayzikk, they are the best suited for the job. :P

It's actually quite a lot of fun.

Okay, so, there's two reasons now.

#1557 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:01 PM

Indeed. We really need to have them sit down when there isn't a tomb to explore.

#1558 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:02 PM

That would be the best discussion evar

#1559 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:08 PM

True. I could have a lot of fun with it.

#1560 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:09 PM

Lev, that was great. A fitting tribute to a great man.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users