Takea Tankards

Name: CotanSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: Toa CouncilKanohi: KualsiAppearance: Tall, with bronzen plate armour and mask, with green coloured body, seemingly a perpetual smirk.Powers: Cotan is a Toa of Air, though he doesn't use his element too much-after that, he has a bronzen Kanohi Kualsi.Abilities: Cotan is a diplomat and swordsman, to say the least. He can maneuver around a person's argument as well as he can around the sword, if they get angry enough.Weapons: Just a sabre, similar to this, with a steel blade.Personality: He is noble, flamboyant, foppish, and goofy. All in one. And charismatic, if need be.Biography: Cotan served, as a Matoran, as a personal aide to one of the members of the Toa Council, the very one who taught him what he knew. He spent a few years in service of his kind master, until one day, when the being was growing old, he presented young Cotan with a Toa Stone-he had, by the transition of power, given up his place on the council to the newly-ascended Cotan, a ruling which the Toa Council accepted due to the young Toa of Air's abilities.Eventually he signed on to travel down to the South, seeing great potential within that land. Utilizing his skills, he became renowned as a duelist and diplomat. Contrary to his wealthy nature, however, he maintains naught but a small home, on the outskirts of Sakrinil, where he currently lives.EDIT: Wait, I forgot: Protosteel probably hasn't been invented yet.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: TanikaGender & Species: Male Toa Nuva? of lightningPowers: Lightning. Skills: A master at using his whip, he has almost a telepathic connection to it and can do amazing tricks (such as wrapping it around a tree branch to swing across a gorge then giving it a tug and having it come loose). He is also a fairly good shot (if he misses his target his disc launcher will sometimes bring the disc back and hit his target from behind). He has trained with his element so that he is constantly charged with a small amount of lightning, and anyone that goes closer than two inches from him gets a jolt (this will be annoying to pick pockets), when he is nervous, angry, or in a fight the charge increases so that anyone touching him will receive a big shock and if they happen to hit him with a sword or something, they will probably get hurt just as much as he does.Equipment: Mask: Faxon Nuva?: Enhanced Mask of Kindred (gives the user the power to copy rahi abilities and traits to a greater degree as well as shaping the user’s body slightly to match the rahi he has copied. Weapons: Thunder whip (a bladed whip that creates loud claps of thunder and/or concussions when snapped and has a long bar type handle which he uses for a club in close range fighting, as well as channelling his lightning power). And a small round protosteel shield with a mini disk launcher mounted underneath of it. The disc launcher fires small electrified discs which return to the disc launcher (it has a mask of rebounding built in), as well as some extra mini discs.Appearance: Thin and light, he is fairly agile but has to use leverage to lift something heavyFaction: None (he isn’t a rogue; he just hasn’t joined the Toa Council yet, although he will soon)Personality: Although outwardly he is friendly and trusting, he is actually quite paranoid and takes a long time to trust anyone. His favourite rahi to copy is a small, dragon like, chameleon lizard that uses camouflage, a fast attack, sharp claws, and a bladed tail to bring down multiple enemies ten times larger then itself. (He keeps one about the size of a chameleon in a toa seal on his back.)Bio:He was once the guardian of a village that was built around a small pool of Energized Protodermis. The Energized Protodermis influenced the plants in the area causing them to grow large, strong and fast. The village quickly became wealthy exporting produce, but this also attracted unwanted rahi and shifty characters. But Toa Tanika protected the village from all threats, and in appreciation the matoran saved enough to buy him his protosteel shield/mini disc launcher from the Nynrah ghosts, inscribed with the matorans names as well as this message “To Toa Tanika, we will always appreciate your protection. p.s. because you wouldn’t accept a statue”. But their happiness was not to last, for a Dark Hunter spy discovered the source of their lush plants. The Dark Hunters’ attack was fast and precise, they quickly located the pool but found a shocking surprise. the battle was furious but one of the Hunters finally knocked Tanika into the pool of Energized Protodermis, before the Hunters could celebrate their victory he emerged as Tanika Nuva and blasted them with his improved lightning, when they saw his improved power they offered him a job in the Dark Hunters, he declined and blasted them off the island. Knowing that the Dark Hunters would return, Tanika ordered his village to be evacuated. With the matoran in one boat and himself in another, they set sail for Metru-Nui. As they sailing a young Dark Hunter with psionic powers attacked the villagers’ ships as his first mission. Tanika told the matoran to keep sailing while he held of the Hunter, when the matoran were out of range he unleashed a powerful surge into the water, but was knocked unconscious from a mental blast before the surge could reach the Hunter. The Hunter was having second thoughts about his mission, in his mind the Toa was practically giving the Energized Protodermis pool to them so there was no need to kill him. The Hunter quickly went towards a random island (Yenta) mentally shrouding himself so he couldn’t be seen and, wiping Tanika’s memory, dumped the Toa onto the beach, and sailed away. In Metru-Nui the recently arrived matoran built a memorial to their lost hero in the shape of his shield inscribed “To Toa Tanika; because you wouldn’t accept a statue”. When Tanika awoke he saw he was on a beach just outside of Sakrinil, he wonders how he got there because being in the water would short him out, he didn’t have any memory of his past so he decided to go help someone and find out if there are any more Toa nearby.I just need to know if being a toa nuva is allowed? :smiletahunu:
since there was no coments does that mean he is accepted?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Dude, Toa Nuva are generally considered overpowered for RPG, and they're a canon-specific thing anyways--I have yet to see an RPG where Nuva are allowed.
Indeed. I suppose it is, in theory, possible.But so is an FTL engine and I haven't seen the interstellar colony yet.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Dude, Toa Nuva are generally considered overpowered for RPG, and they're a canon-specific thing anyways--I have yet to see an RPG where Nuva are allowed.
Indeed. I suppose it is, in theory, possible.But so is an FTL engine and I haven't seen the interstellar colony yet.
Personally, I doubt Nuva are allowed. I mean, they've been given extreme abilities in the canon. Nearly limitless elemental energy, time-delay attacks.That last one alone could lead to extreme modding.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

ok here is the non-nuva versionName: TanikaGender & Species: Male Toa of lightningPowers: Lightning. Skills: A master at using his whip, he has almost a telepathic connection to it and can do amazing tricks (such as wrapping it around a tree branch to swing across a gorge then giving it a tug and having it come loose). He is also a fairly good shot (if he misses his target his disc launcher will sometimes bring the disc back and hit his target from behind). He has trained with his element so that he is constantly charged with a small amount of lightning, and anyone that goes closer than two inches from him gets a jolt (this will be annoying to pick pockets), when he is nervous, angry, or in a fight the charge increases so that anyone touching him will receive a big shock and if they happen to hit him with a sword or something, they will probably get hurt just as much as he does.Equipment: Mask: Faxon; Mask of Kindred Weapons: Thunder whip (a bladed whip that creates loud claps of thunder and/or concussions when snapped and has a long bar type handle which he uses for a club in close range fighting, as well as channelling his lightning power). And a small round protosteel shield with a mini disk launcher mounted underneath of it. The disc launcher fires small electrified discs which return to the disc launcher (it has a mask of rebounding built in), as well as some extra mini discs.Appearance: Thin and light, he is fairly agile but has to use leverage to lift something heavyFaction: None (he isn’t a rogue; he just hasn’t joined the Toa Council yet, although he will soon)Personality: Although outwardly he is friendly and trusting, he is actually quite paranoid and takes a long time to trust anyone. His favourite rahi to copy is a small, dragon like, chameleon lizard that uses camouflage, a fast attack, sharp claws, and a bladed tail to bring down multiple enemies ten times larger then itself. (He keeps one about the size of a chameleon in a toa seal on his back.)Bio:He was once the guardian of a village that was built around a small pool of Energized Protodermis. The Energized Protodermis influenced the plants in the area causing them to grow large, strong and fast. The village quickly became wealthy exporting produce, but this also attracted unwanted rahi and shifty characters. But Toa Tanika protected the village from all threats, and in appreciation the matoran saved enough to buy him his protosteel shield/mini disc launcher from the Nynrah ghosts, inscribed with the matorans names as well as this message “To Toa Tanika, we will always appreciate your protection. p.s. because you wouldn’t accept a statue”. But their happiness was not to last, for a Dark Hunter spy discovered the source of their lush plants. The Dark Hunters’ attack was fast and precise, they quickly located the pool but found a shocking surprise. the battle was furious but one of the Hunters finally knocked Tanika into the pool of Energized Protodermis, before the Hunters could celebrate their victory he emerged as temporally supercharged and blasted them with lightning, when they saw his improved power they offered him a job in the Dark Hunters, he declined and blasted them off the island. Knowing that the Dark Hunters would return, Tanika ordered his village to be evacuated. With the matoran in one boat and himself in another, they set sail for Metru-Nui. As they sailing a young Dark Hunter with psionic powers attacked the villagers’ ships as his first mission. Tanika told the matoran to keep sailing while he held of the Hunter, when the matoran were out of range he unleashed a powerful surge into the water, but was knocked unconscious from a mental blast before the surge could reach the Hunter. The Hunter was having second thoughts about his mission, in his mind the Toa was practically giving the Energized Protodermis pool to them so there was no need to kill him. The Hunter quickly went towards a random island (Yenta) mentally shrouding himself so he couldn’t be seen and, wiping Tanika’s memory, dumped the now unsupercharged Toa onto the beach, and sailed away. In Metru-Nui the recently arrived matoran built a memorial to their lost hero in the shape of his shield inscribed “To Toa Tanika; because you wouldn’t accept a statue”. When Tanika awoke he saw he was on a beach just outside of Sakrinil, he wonders how he got there because being in the water would short him out, he didn’t have any memory of his past so he decided to go help someone and find out if there are any more Toa nearby.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Okay, I was gone for six hours for a JROTC thing (which climaxed with watching fireworks for a good 20 minutes; small towns always do it best) and you guys bumped us from 6 pages to 10. So we're starting to catch up with Strike.Alright, I obviously can't run this alone and play the other two RPGs. So, I'm gonna hire my two Co-GMs now.I don't trust any of you with profile approving yet. <_<Finally, I hope you guys all read the main post, and realize that the RPG started at dusk, because I'm shifting us to Midnight.Thank you....Yes, I see the profile. That's for clearing that up Kray/chi/lisk.@ Takanuvainikia;Those weapons are not approved.Energized protodermis would have killed him instantly. In my universe, you're all doomed by canon.Shorted out? What?In short, not approved. Also, you could reword the Bio a bit so it makes a bit more sense. Maybe start new paragraphs instead of having a massive wall of text.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Lev! Lev!You forgot Cotan!I'll quote it!

Name: CotanSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: Toa CouncilKanohi: KualsiAppearance: Tall, with bronzen plate armour and mask, with green coloured body, seemingly a perpetual smirk.Powers: Cotan is a Toa of Air, though he doesn't use his element too much-after that, he has a bronzen Kanohi Kualsi.Abilities: Cotan is a diplomat and swordsman, to say the least. He can maneuver around a person's argument as well as he can around the sword, if they get angry enough.Weapons: Just a sabre, similar to this, with a steel blade.Personality: He is noble, flamboyant, foppish, and goofy. All in one. And charismatic, if need be.Biography: Cotan served, as a Matoran, as a personal aide to one of the members of the Toa Council, the very one who taught him what he knew. He spent a few years in service of his kind master, until one day, when the being was growing old, he presented young Cotan with a Toa Stone-he had, by the transition of power, given up his place on the council to the newly-ascended Cotan, a ruling which the Toa Council accepted due to the young Toa of Air's abilities.Eventually he signed on to travel down to the South, seeing great potential within that land. Utilizing his skills, he became renowned as a duelist and diplomat. Contrary to his wealthy nature, however, he maintains naught but a small home, on the outskirts of Sakrinil, where he currently lives.EDIT: Wait, I forgot: Protosteel probably hasn't been invented yet.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Since Kal did I'm reasonably certain I won't be killed for this! You forgot my profile as well!

Character Name: StalvaGender & Species: Female Steltian (Leader)Powers: None, unless one counts intellect and zealotry and a large talent for crafting chemical weapons.Equipment: Her primary weapon is a large steam-power rifle. Underneath it is a launcher of sorts, designed to fire poison gas grenades of Stalva’s own design. She has no melee weapons, but the rifle is durable enough to be used as club in a pinch. Whether Stalva is a competent melee fighter or not depends entirely on one’s view, beating someone to death with a rifle isn’t elegant enough for some people.Appearance: Stalva is shorter and thinner the normal Steltian and her colors are somewhat different as well. Her primary color is a deep black with a light green as secondary color. She normally wears a variety of high class suits when out in public, however, when she expects to enter combat or when she is experimenting, she dons a sealed suit of her own design. The suit is jet black and is equipped with a gas mask and a layer of armor to ensure it is not easily breached.Faction: Herself, she owns a small weapons factory is loyal enough to her employees. She is, however, dedicated to bringing down the Toa Council. Though she keeps that bit secret, at the moment, her most direct action against them involved smuggling rouge Toa out in weapons crates.Personality: Stalva is friendly enough, though she sees little point in extended conversations. She’ll say what she has to say and beyond that, she won’t speak. She is efficient and methodical-even if a room appears to be in utter chaos; chances are she knows where everything is. She has a keen head for machines and finance-and these are the only subjects she normally discusses at length.Biography: Stalva has never seen Stelt, she was born and raised on an island to the north and eventually made her way to the city of Sakrinil. Due to her unique skills she soon earned herself a place in a manufacturing company. She did well enough there, until the Toa Council shut it down for….”unsafe practices”. She never quite forgave them for that, considering she had done some digging on her own and found no such practices.She found work again, at a weapons company and for a time, was content there. Then as the years went on, just as she was working her way near to the top of the company….the Toa Council shut it down due to “unsafe practices”. Having finally had enough of this, Stalva went into business on her own and nursed her grudge against the Council in silence. She believes that the Council is actively holding back progress for the entire area and believes they must be dealt with.Publically, she’s just a business person, privately; she’s doing her best to aid rouge Toa and make life difficult for the Council.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

It was on purpose. I swear.@ Grochi;They have protosteel, but it's expensive. Vamden, for example, has one. You can go ahead and have one too. The Council doesn't want members to get killed for lack of an improper weapon.Despite what you guys think. <_<[Approved]@ Basilisk... how would a steam powered rifle work?Herself, huh? I'll make sure to burn your house down before the night ends. Traders Guild hates that kind of stuff.The Council doesn't deal with mundane affairs like factories. They're Toa. Heroes, by the literal meaning of the word. This isn't Hero Factory, this is a more realistic and awesome storyline. The people who would shut you down would be the local law enforcement or maybe the Coast Guard, and that one is a longshot. Toa would only deal with a factory if you were selling Matoran slaves, and it would be mostly to make a point.Just sayin. Super Sayin, as Hubert would say.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

We’re never going to like the Toa Council. No matter what you do. :PCharacter Name: StalvaGender & Species: Female Steltian (Leader)Powers: None, unless one counts intellect and zealotry and a large talent for crafting chemical weapons.Equipment: Her primary weapon is a large clockwork rifle. Underneath it is a launcher of sorts, designed to fire poison gas grenades of Stalva’s own design. She has no melee weapons, but the rifle is durable enough to be used as club in a pinch. Whether Stalva is a competent melee fighter or not depends entirely on one’s view, beating someone to death with a rifle isn’t elegant enough for some people.Appearance: Stalva is shorter and thinner the normal Steltian and her colors are somewhat different as well. Her primary color is a deep black with a light green as secondary color. She normally wears a variety of high class suits when out in public, however, when she expects to enter combat or when she is experimenting, she dons a sealed suit of her own design. The suit is jet black and is equipped with a gas mask and a layer of armor to ensure it is not easily breached.Faction: Herself, she owns a small weapons factory is loyal enough to her employees. She is, however, dedicated to bringing down the Toa Council. Though she keeps that bit secret, at the moment, her most direct action against them involved smuggling rouge Toa out in weapons crates. She has….hostile relations with the local Traders Guilds.Personality: Stalva is friendly enough, though she sees little point in extended conversations. She’ll say what she has to say and beyond that, she won’t speak. She is efficient and methodical-even if a room appears to be in utter chaos; chances are she knows where everything is. She has a keen head for machines and finance-and these are the only subjects she normally discusses at length.Biography: Stalva has never seen Stelt, she's from an island to the north and eventually made her way to the city of Sakrinil. Due to her unique skills she soon earned herself a place in a manufacturing company. She was content there for a time, though she disliked being under the authority of another, let alone a guild. Her parents were exiles from Stelt and they raised her with the same disrespect of authority they had. Needless to say, despite her skills, she never moved up very far in the company due to her habit of leaving very creative…complaints…about her superiors.Eventually she broke from the company and despite several mysterious fires burning down her properties and those of the workers who sympathized with her, she soldiered on. Over the years she’s managed to found a small weapon manufacturing factory and practically lives in it, attempting to make sure the Traders Guild does not do what comes naturally to it.Many things about this land do not sit well with her. The Toa Council is, in her mind, the perfect example of an oppressive organization and the Order is scarcely better. To her they are organizations that are so afraid of allowing their members to be free that they kill or capture all who attempt to leave or any Toa outside their jurisdiction. Such actions are disgusting to her and she has, lately, been smuggling out rouge Toa whenever she can.

Edited by Basilisk

Stronin shall redeem the Toa Council in the eyes of the players. By becoming more than just a side-character. Like he was back in Elementum.
They're an organization that hunts down any Toa that isn't a member. Not exactly the best image maker. :P

Stronin shall redeem the Toa Council in the eyes of the players. By becoming more than just a side-character. Like he was back in Elementum.
They're an organization that hunts down any Toa that isn't a member. Not exactly the best image maker. :P
They don't hunt down members of the Order, but that's mostly because there's too many and it's too dangerous.Let's make a list of good vs. bad.
GOOD- - The names of most Toa are recorded and can be called upon in case, say, Metru-Nui gets attacked.- - A somewhat rigid hierarchy that allows Toa to be relocated to areas that need their aid, and give experience to new members. In case, you know, a team of six Toa gets created and find out that a super-powerful Makuta is trying to take over the city, so they can get replaced by a team of experienced, tactical thinking warriors and not needlessly get murdered.- - Allow easy interaction between Toa and local members of the security.- - Make sure the Toa Code is followed, so Toa aren't misusing their powers and causing mass murders so the Matoran continue trusting and respecting the Toa, and maintaining a good image.- - Capturing rogue Toa and imprisoning them so they can't kill anyone else, and leaving them in a situation that, in the event of an escape, they can be quickly kept down.BAD- - Forcing Toa to join so they can receive proper training, learning how to use their powers in non destructive ways.
Hmm. This seems like a really, really, really tough decision.But you are doing what you're supposed to do, believe it or not. You're supposed to realize that this is Grey & Gray morality. Possibly some Orange & Blue or Fish & Gundam with Hubert involved. But there is no clear good guy in this RPG.Not even your players.So far you're all terrible people... no wait, that was Techna.Still terrible.@ Basilisk;[Approved]-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

My good and bad lists are much basically a swap of that. Here you go...GOOD:High organized structure allows for quick response.BAD:Forcing Toa to join, even Toa that say, only wanted to be left alone live out their lives.Forcing aforementioned Toa to learn how to fight and then, quite possibly, putting them into combat against their will.Forcing aforementioned drafted Toa to fight for a cause they, in all likelihood don't really believe in.Strict structure, means if an brain-dead fool gets into the top position, he'll be staying there for awhile.Yanking Toa from their home and separating them from their friends. Toa comes back to the islands to visit mom? Your in the army now! Don't like it? We'll throw you in jail.Exceptionally vulnerable to infiltration, if a spy can get to a high enough rank, he'll be able to do alot of damage. Whilst in a close knit band of friends whose bonds formed naturally, this will be less of a problem.Tough choice. :P

Edited by Basilisk

@ Basilisk;First of all, I need you to remove 'born and raised' from your profile. I was thinking Aloft and Glatorian at the moment. How many times do I need to explain this to you people?Burnmad, I'm gonna use you for a second - :burnmad:Second, my return arguments -Ah, but here's the problem. You're forgetting what Toa are. Most of the Toa here aren't pre-created from the universes beginning. Toa are chosen by taking a Toa Stone, bringing it to a suva, and activating the innate Toa energy within. You have to remember, then, that not all beings have that innate power. It's only the chosen few who can do that.So what if they're forced to learn how to fight? Over in Israel you have to learn basic military training and serve time in the army, because if you don't, you're a liability. Pacifists are parasites. They let people die to defend them, and then criticize them for their choice of using violence.And what happens if, say, your home gets attacked by Frostelus? And you're one of these Toa who live alone, by themselves. You can't save them, because you don't know how to use your powers. And if you do use them, what happens if you accidentally release too much, and blow up half the island. Or too little, killing the Matoran present and preventing your Toa energy from being passed on to other worth individuals chosen by destiny.A brain dead fool isn't going to get in top. Go ahead and check out the guy who's in charge of the Toa Council here. I don't know if you've every seen how a military is run, but they don't promote you unless you know what you're doing. And even if the Council in other places are led by those too self-righteous or loyal to the rules, they're not very strict here in Yheyn, because they can't afford to be.And what makes you think you get recruited into an army? Again, Toa don't fight in armies. They primarily protect Matoran against threats Matoran can't protect themselves against, and only occasional assist the locals in order to keep peace and order. And about being separated from your friends - as a Toa (definition - Hero) you are supposed to protect the Matoran. No matter what it takes.The only real point that you have is with the last one, about infiltration. The problem is, of course, the existence of the Kanohi Rode, which kind of foils your plan right then. And to get such a rank would take thousands of years, a lot of time just for a single plan. Sure, you can argue it's time that is had. But then, with that kind of time, you could weasel yourself into leadership of a large kingdom and live a life of luxury.So you're still wrong. Bam.~~~~~For what it's worth, my author avatar wouldn't join the Council either, but that's because he doesn't acknowledge the Toa Code as practical, nor does he believe in destiny at all. He's completely selfish and egotistical at the start, and it takes him tens of thousands of years to get rid of the selfish part. To quote him, around Great Cataclysm time -

...what makes you a hero is being heroic. It’s charging into battle not to satisfy your bloodlust or to prove yourself, but because you know you’re doing what’s right. You’re willing to give your life to protect others. A long time ago, I thought it was giving them a strong ruler. For a while, I didn’t even consider it. But then, travelling across the universe, I realized the truth behind being a hero. Behind being a Toa. It’s not following a Code, or living on an island fighting Rahi. It’s about accepting a call...
And really, the Council is still right, because before his gradual alignment shift, his rogue status in an area with few Toa and a lot of chaos would lead to hundreds dying under his hand alone, and thousands under his armies. And after that, as the Griffon, how many Matoran or other innocents died in the crossfire of his battles before he realized it?Really, I am going to provide the best arguments possible for any factions beliefs, because the goal is to keep you doubting what you know, and questioning your beliefs. It's your beliefs that make you who you are, and it's your characters beliefs - which will differ from your own (I, for one, do not believe jumping off a 300 foot tall building is exciting, I believe it's stupid - I would never jump off of a 300 foot tall building given any other choice. But my character would.) - that make them unique.So just remember that.EDIT: But pacifists? They are parasites.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I wrote 3/4 of this guy's profile and accidentally clicked page 5 of this topic, losing it all. -_-Name: VholSpecies: Toa of PsionicsGender: MaleMask: Avsa, Mask of HungerFaction: Xankah OrderAppearance: Tall, lithe, broad-shouldered and decently muscled, Vhol possesses the body of an athlete with a stony yet handsome face and seaweed green eyes. His armour is a marine blue and snow white, the combination of the two colours and the pattern making for an elegant look. Many mistake him for a Ga-Toa due to not only because of his colours but also because his armour plays the part, seemingly suited for the waters and retaining an oceanic quality.Equipment: Vhol's pride and joy is his Toa tool, a beautiful double-egded hand and a half sword with is name engraved on both flat sides of the blade in Matoran letters: Expeller. The colours are quite similar to his armour, the metal being blue and the hilt white, its grace deceiving as it masks its darker nature. Its powers correspond with his Avsa, pooling energy from Vhol himself or whatever his mask absorbs, requiring constant feeding. If the blade goes hungry after a matter of a couple of days, it will steals its wielder's life force at an alarming rate to sustain it before waiting for a new owner to stumble upon it, like a parasite. The bonus quirks of Expeller is that once it has been sufficiently fed, the more the energy it contains, the more powerful it becomes in terms of kinetics and it can expel the raw energy, hence its name, from itself as an attack, in a variety of shapes and its power degree depending on what was depleted from its reserves. It also acts as a conductor for his Avsa, its effects turning more powerful at very close range. Unfortunately, the energy contained within cannot be re-asborbed to replenish one's strength and can only be used as described above, needing to be released within three days tops. Abilities and Traits: Despite being an excellent swordsman, Vholl stubbornly refuses to wield any other weapon aside from Expeller. Apart from that, his elemental skills over psionics exceed those of the average Toa, finding his power very strategic and handy in a variety of situations. Because of his physique, he's quick and agile without sacrificing much strength and prefers finesse over brawn. He may seem a little weak and worn out sometimes since he usually feeds Expeller his own energy instead of hunting for criminals as food.Personality: From the first glance, you know Vhol's a calm and quiet person but with just enough social skills to keep him pleasant within a conversation. He's easy-going guy, not wanting much in life and prefering to stay out of the big picture, detering from unwanted attention. Unfortunately, he usually seems distant and unsympathetic towards others, many viewing him as a cold person for this. His sense of justice and morals are in the grey area yet he still leans on the side of good and will always put other people's wellfare before his own, for the ones he cares about at least.History: Vhol once belonged to the Toa Council and was a very useful and accomplished member of the faction, earning him a fairly good reputation among its ranks. However the Council and he never quite saw eye to eye when it came down to the rules, especially the one outlawing the killing of an individual, Vholl thinking it to be quite ridiculous, dangerous even. Eventually, Vhol fled the group to join the Xankah Order, believing he'd prove more useful there.Might add more history when I get a good idea...

You do realize BZP saves posts periodically, right?Also, Lev, I'm going to go put Krissuk in my profile topic post and remove everything relating to The Torrent.You said he'd be approved if I did that, so don't hurt me if you actually wanted me to post it here again for approval or something. =P

-
:burnmad:

I use CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy everything as I type. It's almost natural for me, now. It's like CTRL+S when you're typing in Word.And if I do accidentally hit a link or go back or something, I can usually make a split second selection and save myself.@ Burnmad; Knock yourself out. Literally, and [approved]@ Wade; Cursed magic weapons, huh? Yeah. I'm going to ban draining the inner light of any beings with the Avsa, because of the problems that could cause. As long as you bear that in mind, [approved].-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Character Name: CadrhonGender & Species:Male Prime Species, Carapar-variety.Powers: He has a Knahi Hau, which allows him to shield himself from attack. He is also very strong.Equipment: He carries a large battle axeAppearance: He is typical for his species, except slightly shorter. He is black in color and wears dark yellow armour on his body and limbs.Faction: The Vermillion DragonPersonality: He is not very intelligent, and often gets into fights, being quick to anger.Biography: He lived on Yheyn almost his entire life. During his past, he was exiled from the city for murder, at which point he was recruited by the Vermillion Dragon. He then became a member, and along with the rest of the Vermillion Dragon, he went around the island, comitting crimes.
I think you missed this character. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Removed.You don't need to explain the OOC/IC divide to me. I'm perfectly aware of it and I've lectured on it myself. :PNow for my ​ arguments. I'll break it up into easy to manage chunks for my sake and yours.

Ah, but here's the problem. You're forgetting what Toa are. Most of the Toa here aren't pre-created from the universes beginning. Toa are chosen by taking a Toa Stone, bringing it to a suva, and activating the innate Toa energy within. You have to remember, then, that not all beings have that innate power. It's only the chosen few who can do that.
That....actually strengthens my argument. Thanks! An islander finds a pretty stone, brings it to the temple to find out what it is...becomes a Toa and is dragged away to join an organization he knows nothing about and is forced to fight for them.....Yeah.
So what if they're forced to learn how to fight? Over in Israel you have to learn basic military training and serve time in the army, because if you don't, you're a liability. Pacifists are parasites.They let people die to defend them, and then criticize them for their choice of using violence.
....So refusing to kill on moral and ethical grounds is grounds for someone declaring you a parasite? I think refusing to kill even when the stakes are high....simply because you believe it is wrong, is quite noble. I suspect any further debate here would rapidly become political and I for one, do not want a mighty orbital moderator strike to descend on us from on high I mean, if you've got shielding, sure, but if you don't, I want all my body parts in the same place.Also, declaring an unique and varied section of the population parasites....well, kinda close minded. Just my opinion mind you.
And what happens if, say, your home gets attacked by Frostelus? And you're one of these Toa who live alone, by themselves. You can't save them, because you don't know how to use your powers. And if you do use them, what happens if you accidentally release too much, and blow up half the island. Or too little, killing the Matoran present and preventing your Toa energy from being passed on to other worth individuals chosen by destiny.
Destiny is for those too afraid to determine their own fate. :P Simply because one might need to learn to use their powers and their weapons at some point in their lives isn't grounds for conscripting them and forcing them to join an organization. Freedom is paramount. Perhaps they've been teaching themselves, perhaps they're not fools and can rig a trap. Merely because some obscure "destiny" selected you doesn't mean you should automatically lose your right to choose.,
A brain dead fool isn't going to get in top. Go ahead and check out the guy who's in charge of the Toa Council here. I don't know if you've every seen how a military is run, but they don't promote you unless you know what you're doing. And even if the Council in other places are led by those too self-righteous or loyal to the rules, they're not very strict here in Yheyn, because they can't afford to be.
"Japan would never attack Pearl Harbor." "Rome will never breach these walls."Saying something is impossible does not make it so. I'm familiar enough with military rules and I understand that there have been famous cases of utter incompetence. So this argument isn't really valid. My original point still stands, perhaps someone seems competent enough, but begins to crack under the strain....
And what makes you think you get recruited into an army? Again, Toa don't fight in armies. They primarily protect Matoran against threats Matoran can't protect themselves against, and only occasional assist the locals in order to keep peace and order. And about being separated from your friends - as a Toa (definition - Hero) you are supposed to protect the Matoran. No matter what it takes.
The army bit was mostly for flavoring. Again, merely because some destiny you may not want is thrusted on you, does not mean you should lose your right to choose. You are still an individual and while I'm all for the greater good, I don't think it's right to remove individual rights to protect it. Honestly, imagine that tomorrow, you touched a stone, got the ability to shoot fire then the day after that other people show up, drag you kicking and screaming away from your family and force you to fight for them.Yeah. I don't know about you, but I'd sell them out first chance I get.
The only real point that you have is with the last one, about infiltration. The problem is, of course, the existence of the Kanohi Rode, which kind of foils your plan right then. And to get such a rank would take thousands of years, a lot of time just for a single plan. Sure, you can argue it's time that is had. But then, with that kind of time, you could weasel yourself into leadership of a large kingdom and live a life of luxury.
Eh. For every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction. With enough time and creativity, loopholes can be found. Maybe not a willing spy...EDIT: Prof. BS01 says:Yeah. Your pretty much right here.
So you're still wrong. Bam.
No. I'm still stubborn. :P
Really, I am going to provide the best arguments possible for any factions beliefs, because the goal is to keep you doubting what you know, and questioning your beliefs. It's your beliefs that make you who you are, and it's your characters beliefs - which will differ from your own (I, for one, do not believe jumping off a 300 foot tall building is exciting, I believe it's stupid - I would never jump off of a 300 foot tall building given any other choice. But my character would.) - that make them unique.
Mark of a good GM. I wouldn't expect anything less. Just expect me to keep this up. I like a good debate. Edited by Basilisk

Well good, I needed to make a post anyways.For all of you who are planning on leaving - the shipyards are closed during the night. You have to wait until morning. I apologize for forcing your characters to get to know each other. It's not like they're going to be fighting and dying with each other or anything, right?@ Toa of Smooth Jazz;How is carrying a battleaxe a power?You know that he can use mask powers, right?~~~~~~~Okay, Basilisk, you get a whole section to yourself here.Point 1. Again, destiny. That's what guides everything in Bionicle. 3 Virtues - unity, duty, destiny. If a Matoran is destined to become Toa, then that means they have a task to complete in the world. What if the Toa Metru had ignored their destiny and just gone back to their jobs? You're acting like any Matoran can become a Toa. It's a simple fact that every Matoran destined to become a Toa is different. They might be exceptional at the jobs, or they might hate it. They might get dreams of the future. However it manifests, it manifests. So sure, if somebody could pick a Toa Stone up and become a Toa, that would work. But it needs to be a specific individual.Point 2, It's just a personal opinion of mine. If you let somebody fight and die to defend your freedom, but aren't willing to fight for it yourself... I agree, we shouldn't pursue this point.Point 3, Again again, destiny is a function of the Matoran universe. Whether or not you choose to believe that it exists with your own free will is one thing, but it does. Frankly, I don't believe in destiny existing in the real world, but that's the real world where we don't live in a giant robot. Presumably.And again, you keep saying 'conscripting'. They get taken away for a few years so they can be trained, while somebody else is placed in charge of protecting the village. Afterwards, you get sent back and are now able to protect your friends and those you care about. With great power comes great responsibility, and if you refuse to accept that responsibility, then you don't deserve to be a Toa - the word which means, I'll repeat, hero. You should just stick your Toa energy in a rock and let somebody who isn't a coward, and is willing to sacrifice time of their life to protecting others.Point 4; Like I said, there are self-righteous fools out there. But to accuse an entire organization of being doomed to failure because there are some people like that out there... still, you are right. But that's why it's a Council. The highest ranking Toa in the entire Matoran Universe is kept in check by those below him, and they those below. There is no decision that can't be stopped.Point 5; See above. Not all Matoran can become Toa, so it's not Joe Shmoe. It's the person who needs to become a Toa that becomes a Toa.And as far as I'm concerned? If I was given that kind of power, I would use it. I like to tease that if I had ultimate power (or at least fire), I would use it to take over the world. But as it is, I would be using those powers to help protect people and cook the perfect steak in my off time (seriously, if you could heat it up from the inside and the outside, you could make it perfect all of the way through!). If somebody is given power and they don't use it to help others, they don't deserve it.For example, politicians.Point 6; Perhaps. But it would still be a dangerous plan that would leave thousands of Toa across the universe ticked off at you. And I'm pretty sure there's a clause somewhere that says 'If the Council is compromised, the code is lifted until the compromise is gone - the universes safety is at stake'.Not sure though. I should know, being the GM. But I don't.Point 7; It's what separates us from the sheep.Point 8; Good.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

With the modified profile-I assume Stalva is approved?Point 1; I concede the point regarding Matoran, you are correct there. But no matter how small their numbers are compared to the population at large, it doesn't justify dragging them off and conscripting them. What was that quote? "If all of humanity agrees on something minus one, they are not more justified silencing that one man then he would be if he had the power to silence all of them."Something like that. The real quote flows much better.Point 2; *Watches nervously for moderator strikes* You have a bunker right?Point 3; A function of the universe, I agree to that. Doesn't make it ethically right though. I'm personally opposed to entropy on moral and ethical grounds. And because it might eventually kill me. :PHero. Interesting word that means different things to different people, personally I think someone who has all of this thrust upon them, all these forces aligned against them if you should defy the commands of this group....and defies them anyway is a true hero. You'll disagree I'm sure.Point 4; I never said they were doomed to failure...did I? I might have. If so I concede this point. If not, well, sometimes stopping a decision is just as bad as coming up with a bad idea. I could point to some real life examples but....moderator strikes.Point 5; I don't like how the person isn't given a choice in the matter. Granted it's basically as pointless as me cursing entropy further up in the post, but I don't like it.If it wasn't their choice to get the powers in the first place, they can scarcely be blamed. Politicians however, actively sought their power so I agree with you on that point.Point 6; It would take Teridex level trickery as well.Point 7; That and opposable thumbs and the ability to speak in a complex manner.

Edited by Basilisk