Waves Of The South

IC: Krash (Sakrinil) "Minttttt? Dunno. Check, I shall." And so the Ta-Matoran fell on his rump, and instantly dug through his pouch for the 'breath mints'. Otherwise known as sanity-controling pills. When Krash found them a few seconds later, he held the pills up with a triumpant cry of "Bad breath destrution!" He then promptly opened the bottle, grabbed a 'mint' and threw it at the Toa's mouth. Whether it was open or not. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: (Unknown island) -Kaladin stared out over the island they had landed on. The Matoran had stayed on the ship while the others were exploring the immediate area, he was a doctor, not a bush-whacker!On the other hand, I might as well wait for the others on nice, solid ground instead of that leaking tub, he though, scrambling down and landing on the sand of the islands coast.

IC: SalvinnOne of the few members not playing cards right, was Salvinn. He was standing atop the crow's nest eyes just gazing off towards the horizon. It was not that he had anything against the others, no he just wasn't one who felt the need to play cards and learn about the others right now. He preferred to keep people at an arm's length, it's was a tendency of his he just couldn't shake. He was glad the others were getting to know one another, but him, he'd probably be getting off this boat soon anyway.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"What's the game, Malok?" Artorre asked as he watched him deal.IC: Sollin: Sakrinil:Sollin blinked as the pill bounced off of his face.A pillar of earth shot out of the ground, driving a cobble out of the street, toward Krash's pill bottle. Another went for the hand that Quorvex was using to hold his nightstick.

IC (Sakrinil): Quorvex was able to smack the cobblestone away with his nightstick, but the impact immediately caused his hand to start stinging. So plan A didn't work; what else was new? However, he still had one more idea."Hey Krash," he yelled again, "I think our friend here could use a special present!" Preferably one wrapped in metal and topped with a lit fuse.IC (Sakrinil): The 'merchant' ship eventually sailed into port and Crentis took the time to double check his appearance. The last thing that he needed was for a stray bit of paint to cast suspicion his way. Once that was done, he called the ship's captain and officers together to review the plan. While the Prime was not captain, he was in charge of the operation for as long as they were on dry land.After a few minutes of discussion Crentis finally dismissed them, "You all know what do. Stay quiet, out of sight, and find as many members as possible."The plan was that half of the crew would stay with the ship 'unloading cargo' while the others, mostly matoran and one or two Primes, would go into the city to find Dragon members and spread the word that there was a way out. Crentis decided to head towards a tavern; he needed a drink and many recruits felt that the best place to hide was in any number of bars scattered across Sakrinil. They were also the first places that the authorities liked to check. Most faction members seemed to be very slow learners...

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

[GM]IC: Librarian ??? / Sakrinil Streets"You know." came a voice from behind Sollin as the hand of an old Turaga came up on his shoulder. "Back when I was a Toa, we didn't usually send hands of earth after terrified Matoran. Especially not merchants and criminal investigators."With that, the Turaga, seemingly a Sage out on a stroll from the Great Library, twirled his staff to its pointed (but not sharp) end and jabbed it at Sollin's midsection. Quorvex couldn't put his finger on it at the moment, the earth and all, but he could almost remember seeing a Toa who looked very like him in an investigation a very, very long time ago.OOC: They're hiring.I was going to put the Dream Comes True one here, but I'm not finished with all of the minor details yet. It should be up within an hour of me getting a name list.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC-Draque:"Of course," Draque muttered, though he had a small smile on his face as they rolled into port at Sakrinil. He smiled, seeing one other person there."Villy! The ship is working fine!" He called out to his friend, before they docked, and he went down to greet her with a slight bow."Head up on the ship," he said, "I'm going to go gather some supplies before we set out." Without waiting for a reply, he moved off into the bustling city, off towards the Takea Tankards to find out just where he ought to go.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Sakrinil): Qurovex was surprised by the latest development to say the least. The Turaga only caused something to click inside his memories, but he couldn't figure out what. However, he quickly realized that the librarian was giving him an opening.He quickly charged toward the Toa with his nightstick raised. The blow to the rogue's midsection had caused him to bend over, and Quorvex took hoped to land a nice underhand strike onto the Toa's chin.

"Don't Panic."

OOC: You can't see his face very well, he's got a hood on.Also, you can't just make my character be hit by the staff. Although, it would have been hard to dodge, but still.IC: Sollin: Sakrinil:Sollin was about to begin a lie, but he was interrupted by the blow to his midsection. He bent over slightly and looked up at the turaga, and saw Quorvex in his peripheral vision. With a growl, he grabbed for the nightstick and yanked it to his left.He rose. "As I was trying to say before you hit me, I thought I witnessed these matoran commit a crime. The orange one is well-known for being insane. I supposed this one," He gestured toward Quorvex. "Must have been retrieving him. I apologize for any damage I did." If toa had teeth, Sollin would be grinding his to dust. He gave Quorvex a look from beneath his hood that said that if he pointed out that Sollin was lying, things were going to get a lot more bloody.OOC: Not exactly an autohit, I think, since no damage was done to Quorvex and he could easily maintain a grip on the nightstick.

OOC: Burnmad is right, Tafu. Just because I make an attack doesn't mean that it hit. I didn't specify a hit, nor should you have accepted it as such. If I did specify a hit, though... well, that sucks for your character.[GM]IC: Librarian ?? / Sakrinil Streets"Of course." the Librarian replied. "Then I'm sorry to have bothered you. Or at least, I would be if it wasn't for the fact that I've been coming up from behind you for a while now with my Volitak. And I know that both of them were running this way."After enough time to let that sink in, but not enough for the Toa to respond, he made another jab, this time using the blunter front end and making use of what little elemental abilities he possessed as a Turaga to charge it with magnetic energy meant for repulsion to help increase the force of the blow - enough that it might stun Sollin enough for the other two Matoran to make a break for the library."Run!" he barked at the two, making continuous jabs - if he had hit Sollin the first time, she should be able to keep him down for a while, powers not factored in."When I was a Toa, we didn't wear cliched hoods."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: If I'm reading his post correctly, Lev was saying that Quorvex recognized the Turaga from a long time ago. Also, I said that he was hoping for a chin strike, so he was aiming for his chin, not that he had made contact (I was also predicting what would logically happen). Trust me Burnmad (and Lev), I've played in a variety of RPGs over the years. "This ain't my first rodeo hombre." :PIC: Quorvex was able to hold on to his nightstick, only his feet were now dangling a few inches off the ground as the Toa held him in the air with the weapon. The agent was not amused. The look Sollin gave him didn't change his expression much. He still had all of his personal belongings and his limbs so he had no reason to continue the fight.At the same time though, he wasn't about to support the rogue in any of his lies. He would have to convice the Turaga on his own...Which very quickly fell apart. After the Turaga's command, Quorvex quickly fell to the ground as the rogue prepared to defend himself. Jumping to his feet, he grabbed Krash (again) and resumed his sprint to the library.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: YasothThe Turaga's appearance was most unsuspected. As she watched him jab the Onu-Toa with his staff, she blinked in surprise. The turaga she had documented had been mostly calm, wise, quiet beings. This one seemed to enjoy fighting and cliched insults.

pNNgXax.jpg

[GameMaster]The Far South ~~~ Forgotten Island ~~~ Crew of the "SS Dream Come True"Involved PCs - Artorre, Salvinn, Bellum, Malok, Maelstrom, Taronak, and TakirThe Dream Come True, going around the west side of Dajon, were unfortunate in being caught up in the same storm that had pinned down another ship up to the north - another ship, going to another very different island. Artorre was able to keep the crewmen in line, and the ship survived the storm. Unfortunately, the ship did have one major accident - the navigator was thrown overboard into the seas.Fortunately, Bellum and Takir were able to work in concert and clam the waters enough for Maelstrom to save the fallen navigator, and bring him back up to the water above. Salvinn made use of his accuracy to hurl the rope to pull the two back up. With that dealt with, the two Toa of Water were better able to focus on keeping the ship from being torn apart by the waves.As lightning and wind battered against them, there were a number of times when Artorre considered that he might lose the ship. Miraculously, they were able to sail the way through, and as the storm passed some time after midday, they were allowed to the see the sun. It only lasted for a few precious hours as the ship continued its sailing.Water alone was not enough to speed the ship, and the winds were not favorable, drastically slowing the Dream Come True throughout the following night and day. Finally, after the long voyage, past the winds and in clear skies (though the lack of wind was a problem. After another night spent out sea, Malok pointed up, noting a Mata-Nui Fishing Bird flying overhead.With that in mind, and the idea of land being near, the ship continued pressing on through the night, hoping it to be the last. Some time after midnight, one of the lookouts spotted land in the distance. By the rising of the sun, they were closing in on the island - a massive one, covered in large, grass covered hills and by the looks of all things an adequate place for an agricultural set up, if nothing else.But who knew what else could be found here? They would find out - the ship dropped anchor, and the vessel to be sent inland was dropped, enough for eight people to go on shore and check everything out. -Toa Levacius Zehvor ~~~~~~OOC: @ Darkon; Not all Turaga were Turaga for very long. Not all Toa became Turaga after extended periods of time (I don't think the Toa Metru were Toa for more than a year or so). Some of them are just mean old people.Dream Comes True people.... since, looking over things, you are the biggest group, this should work out for you. But don't just charge in to your death here. Things will end very badly for you.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Sorry for the wait guys, I'm busier than usual since I'm working now.IC: Alfon (Unknown Island)Mysterious island, looming mountains and creepy mist plaguing it? It's all a man of adventure and exploration could ever dream of. My excitement from last night had thinned out with sleep but my thirst to go out there into the unknown had yet to be quenched. After a quick wash in the sea water and a meagre breakfast, I grabbed my gear and rounded up everyone from my group with a whistle and a twirl of the finger, actually managing togather a few other curious crew members."Well guys, I promised you an expedition and here it is. We'll be making our way deeper into the island as soon as you're all ready, that being right now actually. It'd be counter-productive to waste all this daylight. Before we go out there though, I just want to establish some basic rules." I began, pacing myself in front of the group. "No one splits from the group without our consent, details concerning it will depend on the situation. Secondly, we're back here at sunset. We don't know what's out there and the landscape well enough yet to spend the night. Third of all, if things out there get too dangerous for us to handle or we end up apart, we return to the ship. Last but not least, don't do anything stupid. That's self-explanatory."My finger shot at Kaladin. "Doc, you don't have to come with us if you don't want to since putting your own life out there isn't what you signed up for. We might need a medic on hand but that also puts you at risk. Your choice." It shifted to the rest of the group. "Everyone good? Yes? All right, lets go!"I already told the captain I'd be leaving first thing in the morning so need in doing that twice. With everyone snatching their essentials, we trailed off further and further away from the camp site and delved deeper into the unknown.

IC: [Dralack Illu](Offices, Sakrinil, Yheyn)Dralack glowered silently, before spinning on his heel, and headed back from whence he had come."I apologize for the disturbance," he said, giving a small bow towards the secretary.With that, he left the building, walking as quickly as possible towards, possibly, the best source of information on the island.IC: [Su'un Kanad](Takea Tankards, Sakrinil, Yheyn)Su'un nodded, sombrely, "I see. It is a difficult path to walk, the road of the hero. I give you my best."IC: [Doriana Calam](Arkrak's General Store, Port Green Peak, Effrah)Doriana shrugged, "Not much to tell, to be frank. I lived and fought on an island a far ways north. I was part of the local Toa team there."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Krash (Sakrinil)"Bye now Mister-old-Turaga-person!" Krash called back, half-giggling as he was pulled along once more. He really didn't mind, as he was too easily distracted when insane. "Wheeeeeee!" 'Why do I put up with this?....' His sane side sighed, not bothering to find the effort to regain control yet.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC (Sakrinil): Quorvex continued to run, but he was gradually slowing down, considered his activates earlier in the day and the wound still in his leg. Despite this, the Great Library loomed ever closer. As its name suggested, it was a grand building, taking up a good portion of the city with architecture that could be described with several different synonyms for pretty.The Guild agent was, of course, more concerned with getting inside, rather than the exterior. The doors were close, but there was still time for the Toa to catch up.IC (Unknown island): Lesvera went through a quick weapons check: spring-blade, gauntlets, daggers, poisons. Everything was present and she was ready to move. As she began to follow Alfon, she attached a small device of wood, metal, and string to her right gauntlet; her hand crossbow. She didn't unfold it or load a bolt, but she wanted it to be available as soon as possible.The robed Toa didn't know where Alfon was headed, but she assumed it would be towards the mountains. They were the largest landmark by far, and if you were searching for ore-deposits or trouble, you usually started with the mountains.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Aw, I was hoping for a tropical island. I may or may not have also been hoping for the ship to be sunk by Embers. =PIC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:Oh boy, they'd finally found an island. Artorre stepped out of the boat the second it reached the shoreline and looked around.IC: Sollin: Sakrinil:Sollin batted away the staff with a growl. He was too sore from all the poking to run down that matoran, but the possibility of treasure was his only thought. He gave the turaga a shove and forced a cobble out of the ground, toward Quorvex's pack (Or whatever container he was using to hold the map), the intent being to make him drop it. He began running, albeit slowly, in that direction.

IC (Malok, Unknown Southern Island #2): After having spent the last few days either playing every card game he knew or trying to weather the storm, Malok was glad to finally get off the ship. Rowing their small boat into shore was a pleasant change for him. When he finally pulled the boat up onto the black sands of the new island, more Mata Nui Fishing Birds revealed themselves, taking off fromamongst the grass further up the beach, disturbed by the new arrivals. Apparently this place didn't get too many visitors.OOC: I'm just thinking, what would Mata Nui Fishing Birds be called in Yheyn? The island of Mata Nui is about as far away as you can get, in both time and space, so do they just get called fishing birds? Or maybe they were named after the Great Spirit, not the island... Maybe I'm overthinking this. :sigh:

ppg2.png

OOC: The last sentence in Malok's IC is... heh. I'm going to guess the ships eight seats are occupied by seven PCs and a guard. As for the birds - still Mata-Nui Fishing Birds. They were among the oldest bird Rahi in the universe, created before Brotherhood experiments yielded other species such as the Gukko, and is thus believed to be a creation of Mata-Nui himself, much like the Primes. Hence the name.[GM]Location: Forgotten IslandSS Dream Come True CrewThere was a strange feeling as the smaller boat pulled up on the islands shore, leaving the Dream Come True just off the shore. None of them could shake it, but it was the one that you get when you're being stared at, but can't see what's staring at you.~~~The what was, of course, something very, very real. The powers of a Volitak had rendered it mostly transparent, enough so that with the sun to their eyes, the newcomers would be unable to see it. When it had come out that day, the last thing it had expected to see were Toa. It had seen Toa before, once, and knew what they were.But it had no fear - it knew full well what Toa were capable of. And it knew full well that it was their match. And that it was not alone.~~~[GM]IC: Librarian / SakrinilThe old Turaga groaned as Sollin pushed him to the ground. He still had a bit of his elemental energy left, and gathered used it to magnetically grab onto a part of the piping on a nearby house and throw it at the cobblestone, knocking it out of the way.He stood and said, "You - you're a rogue Toa, aren't you? The Council will find you - every one of you Karz'd traitors to the three virtues. You're going to rot in a prison of iron for all of your life if they find you."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Sakrinil): Quorvex heard the cobblestone crash into the ground a few feet away from him and the sudden noise caused him to stumble slightly. Nevertheless, he was now at the large wooden doors. He quickly let go of his Ta-Matoran companion and started to yank on the door. It was, of course, rather heavy and he had trouble pulling it open."Krash," Quorvex said franticly, "Krash, please help me open the door. Right now, preferably." The Toa was now getting closer.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:Artorre shifted slightly as the others joined him on the shoreline. This place was kind of unnerving, but he'd take whatever adventure he could find. He turned to his crew."Well," He said, "should we go into the hills, or stay on the shore?"IC: Sollin: Sakrinil:"Yeah, if they find me!" Sollin mumbled as he picked up speed slightly. As the matoran pulled open the door, he reached out to take Quorvex's map.

IC (Sakrinil): After a bit of wandering, Crentis finally found a rundown inn in one of the messier parts of the city. Several of the windows were covered up and there was more exposed wood than paint on the walls. The perfect stereotypical hideout for any Dragon member. Better yet, it wasn't Takea Tankards; he was just as likely to run into some undercover Alliance members there, or even Toa, as well as the usual pirates and thieves.The Prime walked in and found a seat without much fuss. The bar area was only now starting to fill up and he didn't recognize anyone off the bat. No matter, the usual procedure was to order some really obscure drink that would immediately signal to any Dragon recruits that something was up. He would just have to wait for a minute.OOC: Burnmad: I'm going to wait and give Zakaro a chance to react.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Taronak

As Taronak came to shore, he stood beside the other, looking out at the island. Something felt strange about the place, and as he stood there, his desire to go further into the island grew. "I suggest we go into the hills." he responded to Artorre's question.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Xerxes"Thanks." Xerxes said, taking another sip of his drink only to find it empty. Smiling at Su'un, he layed the glass down. "How about I buy you and me another drink?" He offered, feeling for his coin pouch.IC: DiomiDiomi whistled a gleeful tune as she walked alongside the others, observing the island with interest.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Krash (Sakrinil)'Alright, time to act.' "Doooo-" Krash began, tilting his head to the side. Suddenly, he was cut off mid-word and froze for just a second before regaining the sparkle of sanity in his eyes."I'm on it." The Ta-Matoran instantly grabbed the handle and pulled. Hopefully he was strong enough to help it open before that Toa got here...Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Keran | Unknown islandKeran quickly joined Diomi in whistling cheerfully. He didn't know the tune, but he could whistle along well enough on the spot. Le-matoran had a natural ear for music. And besides, it was nice to see he wasn't the only one willing to just enjoy this whole situation - the way some of them acted it was as if this whole place was trying to kill them. Like they'd never seen fog on an island before.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Sakrinil): After much tugging and pulling, the pair of matoran were finally able to open the door just wide enough for them to enter. However, Quorvex turned to see the rogue Toa leaping toward them. The Guild agent lost no time in shoving Krash inside and partially closing the door. He then tensed himself for the impact that was to occur.The Toa slammed into him and the two of them skidded along the sidewalk a short way. The rogue then started to search through Quorvex's long-coat, not realizing that the matoran had hidden the map in one of the coat's inner pockets. For his part, Quorvex attempted to struggle, but the Toa was too heavy."What do you want anyway?!" he asked in desperation, "I don't have anything except some spare widgets!"

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"I think Salvinn's idea is pretty good. So, the shoreline it is then!" Artorre said, turning and beginning to walk along the beach.IC: Sollin: Outside Great Library:"The treasure map!" Sollin growled. "Give it to me, and you can go free."

IC: "Perfect," said Pala, beaming, "Do you think you should wear insignia similar to mine, or would such uniformity make us look too militaristic? We are trying to impress hope not impose our wills after all."The echoes of a skirmish began drifting up to the air at their perch."Their appears to be some sort of affray at the Great Library," Pala noted, "Come, let us see what we can do!"His mask and element in unison giving him flight he soared down to the book depository."Come, citizen," he asked Sollin, as his cape fluttered behind him (because of course it was) "What is the need for this commotion?"

Edited by Man with the Hex

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Sakrinil): "What treasure map?!" Quorvex screamed, "All I have is a map of the city! With a list of crime scenes!"Where did he find these jokers? First the Vortixx, now this guy. He wasn't sure if it was his current assignment, or if he was just having a particularly unlucky today."Mata-nui," Qurovex muttered, "Are the criminals in this city getting more desperate? Or are they just getting dum...ow!"Whether the rogue Toa had intended to or not, he was now applying a bit too much pressure to one of the agent's arms.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: Krash (Great Library)"Uff!" Krash landed hard on his front, stunned for a instant as the doors creaked slowly closed. Shaking his head, he flipped himself and sat up, eyes widening at the doors. Jumping to his feet, Krash peered out the crack between the doors, taking in the scene. Another Toa, one of Iron, was standing nearby as the rogue grasped Quervex's arm, forcing him to stop. Krash's mouth fell open. "No!" He began to push the doors open once more...Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: SakrinilArk saw a commotion in the streets and moved toward it. He heard something about a map, Toa and Matoran."What is this all about?" His voice sounded heavily synthesized. His left hands flexed as he primed his Rhotuka launcher in case he needed to use it.

Edited by Cosmic Titan

IC: Sollin: Outside Great Library:Sollin roared in anger, then punched a wall nice and hard. He grabbed the matoran, kicked open the door to the library, and tossed him in. Looking around, he decided it was too crowded around here, and took off down the street, ignoring the questions directed at him.