• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Waves Of The South

RPG Waves Gameplay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2331 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 04:57 PM

IC: Myr, who had begun to believe that his excursion was a failure, stood up, and hobbled outside. He turned, and began to meander back to his shop, but stopped. He read the poster that had been placed on the tavern. "Song, eh?"OOC: Krazikk, would there happen to be room for a peg-legged watchmaker?

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#122 Offline Athmos

Athmos
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 11-April 12
  • 2,804 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:02 PM

IC(Tajeh/18 Kio from Sakrinil): "Tajeh." Tajeh replied. "Southern Chains? My island is in the north. Kraz."

WIP

#123 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:06 PM

OOC: Why yes, yes there is.IC: SongSong watched Evex carefully, but never let her smile drop.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#124 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:10 PM

OOC: Well then, I guess Myr won't be the terror of the seas, not yet, at least.IC: Myr decided that a second opinion would be required, and hobbled over to a nearby inn. He knew the owner, since they had been on the same ship while Myr was still in the Coast Gaurd. Myr smiled as he walked inside. "Hey, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something."

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.

#125 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:37 PM

IC: NPC"On what?" The owner asked gruffly, scrubbing the bar.

Posted Image

#126 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:47 PM

IC: "Someone by the name of Song is looking for a crew. Should I join?"

#127 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:50 PM

IC: NPC"Sounds more like you're lookin' for advice than an opinion." The owner shrugged. "From what I know of 'er, Song is a good Toa. She's got a tongue as sharp as her sword, but she looks after her own."

Posted Image

#128 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:55 PM

IC: "Well then, it looks like I'm joining. You don't happen to know where she is, do you?"

#129 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 30-January 11
  • 3,272 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:02 PM

IC: [Su'un Kanad] - Road to Sakrinil, 18 Kio Off"Sorry about that Tajeh," Su'un responded sympathetically, "If it helps, I didn't choose to be-"Suddenly, the Trytan straightened up, a look of satisfaction coming over his face, "Of course..."He snapped his head over to face Tajeh, before saying, "Y'know, we just might be able to find you a ship off of the island over at Sakrinil. What do you think?"IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, Arkrak's General StoreAbruptly, Arkrak's door opened, sending dusty steams of spilling onto the floor. Standing in the portal, a tall, darkly armoured Toa stood, apparently scowling at thin air.Taking a few steps inside, Doriana let the door slam shut behind her, before glancing over at Arkrak, before saying, "Got anything worth buying here?"-Void

#130 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,791 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:21 PM

IC: Three people sat round the table in an upmarket Sakrinil mansion. They were all prime species, all coloured white with the distinctive splashes of red marking. They all held tankards that would have been foaming over if the contents had not been swigged so recently, and were all laughing at a joke one of the others had made."And, and do you remember the time old Barnab the cook was forced to come up and actually fight for once!" said Yowrik"Oh, when the mast got shattered and took half his arm off!" said Yowrik"Yes, and he just looked at the stump and said 'crikey, think I got a splinter' in that stupid voice of his!" said Yowrik. And the three roared with laughter once again. The talk continued for some time, until the Yowriks ran out of things to reminisce. Then one, the one in a wheelchair, simply made a thought and the other two vanished with nothing more than a slight sigh as air rushed to fill the space they had so recently vacated. The remaining Yowrik wheeled over to a window to look out at the sea. It was probably abusing the Mohtrek's power to summon his past selves back just for a chat, but he had so few people to talk to. For agents of the Dragon, operating in Sakrinil was tricky and dangerous, so he rarely got people attempting to smuggle of thieve of kill. Anyone who might actually be interesting, in other words. So he occasionally resorting to calling a few Yowrik's back from his glory days. They probably didn't mind. Seeing their future self in a wheelchair might be a bit harrowing, but it wasn't as if they'd remember when they went back. Still, maybe soon he could summon one back for a proper task...

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#131 Offline Athmos

Athmos
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 11-April 12
  • 2,804 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:25 PM

IC(Tajeh/18 Kio from Sakrinil): "That would be great, but the Southern Chain is far, far away from my home." Tajeh sighed. "Well, maybe someone can do something for me there."

WIP

#132 Offline L'Etranger

L'Etranger
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 06-March 11
  • 3,265 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:26 PM

IC Salvinn"Actually you sad, and I quote, that getting sober sounded wonderful. Regardless we're here now, let's atleat get you a room." Salvinn stated as he led her towards the bartender in order to book a room. Gah, there are so many ways thos could turn out horribly.

IC: Zenonia
"I did?" Zenonia asked, eyes wide. "Oh, yeah, I did!" She laughed after a moment of thinking. Noticing that the bartender was infront of them, Zenonia felt around her pockets, eventually finding her moneypurse. It was somewhat full, and she had enough for the night. Placing the money on the table, Zenonia smiled a drunken smile at nothing in particular, took her room key, and then staggered off towards the stairs, forgetting how much easier walking was when she was leaning on Salvinn's shoulder.

emCiGiR.jpg

#133 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:58 PM

IC: NPC"She's in the back room."

Posted Image

#134 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 07:01 PM

IC: "Oh, thank you." Myr hobbled over to the door to the back room. He knocked, and waited.

#135 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 08:12 PM

IC: Vorasku walked into the city, having just finished a voyage that had brought good plunder. HE walked slowly, hoping not to be noticed.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#136 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 08:29 PM

IC: Myr waited a bit, and knocked again.

#137 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,648 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 08:38 PM

IC: [Arkrak - General Store / Effrah]Arkrak continued to drum his fingers on the counter, staring boredly at the door.OOC: Open for interaction.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#138 Offline Colonel Roy Mustang

Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 19-November 07
  • 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 08:57 PM

IC: Artorre: Sakrinil Docks:Artorre looked at the open ocean ahead of him. He inhaled deeply, smelling and even tasting the salty sea air. He awoke from a trance of sorts, looking around and slowly remembering where he was and what he was doing.He was on the bow of his brand new ship, the S.S. Dream Come True, stocked with a week or two's worth of supplies. Several crew members sped around the deck, making one final inspection of the ship, while others started getting acquainted with one another. They were the best money could buy. Well, they were the best the amount of money he had could buy. Which reminded him, he was broke. He tried to push the though aside by addressing his crew."My friends, do you realize what we're about to do? We're going to sail south, in search of lands unknown to all but the natives. We will actually be the first outsiders to know of their existence!"At the mention of their setting sail being something they were about to do, most of the crew became frantic, hurrying to complete the inspection. The others probably weren't listening.Oh well. Wasn't a very good speech anyways.He figured they might as well set sail soon.OOC: Anyone wanna be a crew member?

#139 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 09:30 PM

IC: Song"Just a few minutes!" Song said loudly. "Just need to do something here first!"

Posted Image

#140 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 16-October 11
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 09:33 PM

IC: "I'm here to join your crew."

#141 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:00 PM

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnEvex shrugged. "Even if I was related to... them... they don't care, so it doesn't matter.""So, where exactly are we heading?"

So what happens next? 

#142 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:01 PM

IC: Song"Evex. I need to assess a few things. Okay?" Song smiled, and relaxed slightly. "First things first. What can you do?"

Posted Image

#143 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:04 PM

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir, now uninterested in the conversation had rather conspicuously withdrawn a book from his sack and began to read it. He wished he could have brought more of his collection, but he doubted the ship had room for that many books.
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#144 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:07 PM

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : Inn"Well, I can fight, but then what else would you expect from somebody like me?" He gestured to his wiry, predatory form with a taloned hand. "I can draw, not sure what use that is, and I don't feel that I am particularly noteworthy about that. Good senses...""Oh, and I can fly. Kinda. Kinda-sorta. More like pushing stuff away from me, or the other way around."

So what happens next? 

#145 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:10 PM

IC: Song"Final question." Song crossed her arms. "Imagine this scenario. Pirates have assaulted the ship, and captured myself, and captured or killed my first mate. You have control of the ship. You still have the capability to catch up to the pirates, and you might win a confrontation. But doing so might cost several people their lives. What do you do?"

Posted Image

#146 Offline Purple Devil

Purple Devil
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 23-January 11
  • 3,585 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:18 PM

IC: SalvinnSalvinn smiled as he watched Zenonia walk off to her room. After she was out of sight he got some water from the barkeeper, thankfully it was free. Drinking the whole glass in one gulp, he set in on the counter, thanked the barkeeper, and left the bar, his figure so disappearing from sight. Well, I did my good deed, though she'll probably wonder where I am come morning. But never been one to form bonds, I'm drifter bonds don't work out for us. Grinning at the setting sun, Salvinn disappeared.

ZWGZBEW.jpg

~I will either find a way, or make one.~

#147 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,648 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:21 PM

IC: [Arkrak - General Store / Effrah]"Current status: Suffering from boredom," muttered Arkrak. "Sheesh, at this rate, I'd even agree to do the Order's work."

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#148 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:21 PM

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnThe Regrian stared at Song, considering the statement."... I imagine you would want the rest of your crew to survive. So, assuming there isn't some terrible reason your have been capture, and your not being rescued will have catastrophic results, whatever they could be... I'd save the rest of the crew. Of course, they would have a say too. And I would hope to be able to inform the authorities about your capture, perhaps they could do something... But perhaps I am over thinking it right now.""But most likely... well, it's kinda horrible, but I'd get as many people home as possible." Evex hoped such a situation would never arise.

So what happens next? 

#149 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:23 PM

IC: Song"Wrong. You turn that ship around, and you come save my sorry a-" The floor creaked as Song readjusted her weight. She shrugged. "But it probably will never happen anyway."She held out a hand. "You're hired. Welcome to the crew." A pause. 'And whoever is at the door, you can come in now."

Posted Image

#150 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:25 PM

IC (Fenrir)The scholar mentally noted that if that situation did arise, Song would have very few means at her disposal to affect their choice. He kept that part to himself of course, hopefully the situation would never arise. But if his years of study had taught him one thing, it was what can go wrong will go wrong and at the worst possible moment.
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#151 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:27 PM

OOC: What, ten minutes of deep self reflection, trying to decide what the right thing to do would be, and I'm wrong? Pah. I disagree with Song. Or perhaps I'm taking that to seriously. :PIC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnEvex shrunk back, adverting his eyes, ashamed. At the same time, he wondered... why had he been asked that question? Why him, whom she had only just met?

Edited by The One who is Gone, Jul 03 2012 - 10:28 PM.

So what happens next? 

#152 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,954 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:30 PM

IC: Raknar (Backroom, Inn)Raknar had stayed oddly quiet throughout the entire encounter, watching the job interview with mild interest.-Teezy

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#153 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:31 PM

OOC: Not only is it what she'd say, it was also a good way to mess with people. :P Not to mention, she's half joking.IC: SongSong metaphorically backpedaled at ludicrous speed. She stepped forward, and put an arm around Evex's shoulders. "Relax, relax. You did well. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have hired you."She smiled. "C'mon. Lighten up a little."

Posted Image

#154 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 11,954 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:36 PM

IC: Raknar (Backroom, Inn)"Take it easy, hombre," he said, trying to lighten the guy up. "Thin skin doesn't get you anywhere on the water."-Teezy

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#155 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:36 PM

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir studied the beings reaction with interest. It told him quite a bit about the Zyglak offshoot (as he had classified that species, he could be wrong, but he doubted it). The reaction of immediate shame and the lack of anger implied it was quite used to rejection. It was outside of it's species native land, couple that with it's resemblance to a Zyglak and the social stigma it faced was quite large.

#156 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:44 PM

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnEvex smiled weakly, somewhat confused. "... Kay." The Toa and the Dricigil seemed kind enough at the moment. The Vortixx seemed to be approaching things from a more scientific manner. Normally Evex would respect that, but he wasn't sure he liked being analyzed that way... not to say that he didn't sometimes do that to himself.

So what happens next? 

#157 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:52 PM

IC: SongSong smiled. "Seriously, it's okay."She sighed. "I never actually introduced myself, did I? You already know, but I'm Song." Then, she laughed. "By the way. You should probably know. My first mate's a dragon."

Posted Image

#158 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-February 07
  • 783 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:55 PM

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnIt took a second for that statement to sink in."... Wait... you mean, as in the big, flying, fire-breathing ones that Matoran always tell stories about?"

Edited by The One who is Gone, Jul 03 2012 - 10:55 PM.

So what happens next? 

#159 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 10:59 PM

IC: Song"Yes." Song said, grinning at Evex's reaction.Boredly, Fury searched through Evex's mind to determine if he was a better wielder.

Posted Image

#160 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 11,954 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 11:00 PM

IC: Raknar (Backroom, Inn)"Braveheart and Smaug? Sounds like a heckuva ship."-Teezy

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users