Of The Stricken And The Striking

Grantaire

The mask makes a sphere of influence with a radius of 1 to 10 meters around the user. With ten meters being mentally taxing and one meter being relatively simple. And elemental powers are weakened to about half strength but elemental energies are unaffected. Or the user can target a single being and weaken the target to about Turaga level while under the mask's influence. And Leto's elemental powers are at half strength when he is using the mask.

Edited by paragon

For the elemental pwoers, half Leno's power to make it even; basically it by default halfs all elemental power.And also, does the power work by making a person unable to access their mask, or their mask's power being unable to effect Leno?

Leno? Jay Leno? It's Leto. :POkay. I was overthinking when I wrote that anyway. A lot simpler and less messy.It disables other mask powers. So the other beings are unable to use their mask when within range. But only when the mask is being used.

Edited by paragon

All right, approved, on the condition that it does not block mask powers, just the person's ability to use them. If a guy with a Garai who's a hundred feet away increased Leto's gravity, that power would not be canceled out.In other words: Leto's power only effects Kanohi masks within that 1-10 meter range, and not any masks outside it. Sound good?

I think this would have been better fit for pms.It doesn't block mask powers it negates the target's ability to access them when the user's mask is active. And if the above situation did happen I don't think Leto would notice the Toa who is one hundred feet away while be crushed by gravity. And if he did then that Toa would be too far away for him to use his mask power on. Masks or at least this one is based on willpower and mental strength; more range for more willpower and mental strength. And well Leto is not the brightest or most willful Toa but at least he tries his hardest. Or I picture him that way.That sounds like how I described how the mask works.Maybe I should just pick a different mask. I'm overthinking this too much. Ugh.

Edited by paragon

Name: Toa KetrenGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: Dark HuntersKanohi: Primary: Pakari the Mask of Strength, Secondary: Shelek the Mask of SilenceElement: FireAppearance: Crimson armor, with black elements added in. Black shoulder-armor, black chest piece fitted over red, Black leg-plates over red, and his Pakari and Shelek are red. Powers: Elemental control over fireAbilities: Ketren is excellent with swords of almost any kind, he is a fairly good shot, and he is a good battle strategist and a quick thinker.Weapons: Two serrated long-swords that can withstand being covered with flame. Also a small unique Cordak pistol, it can fire one mini Cordak round at a time, but it can hold up to twenty Cordak rounds.Other Equipment: None.Personality: Ketren can be described as arrogant, and slightly headstrong. He will sometimes make rash decisions; that can get him into a load of trouble. Ketren is also a sort of a brooder, he keeps most of his feelings bottled up, and when he has issues he tends to shut down sometimes and simply agonize over them in his head. Ketren can be slow to trust another, and slower to forgive someone who has betrayed him. He is immensely loyal to the Hunters.Ketren also has a fiery anger problem at times, which can lead to violence. Sometimes Ketren is haunted by the faces of the innocent Toa he has killed while working for the Hunters.History: Ketren was the leader of his team of Toa. A thousand years ago his team was on a mission to save an island from a horde of Visorak. There were many more Visorak there than his team had originally estimated. They were massacred, not able to withstand fighting off so many Visorak and three Kahgarak. The entire team was killed, except for Ketren who was able to escape barely with his life. After his team was killed he went slightly mad, he renounced the Toa code and grew terribly jealous of Toa who still had their team. He began attacking other teams of Toa and even killing them. Eventually he joined up with the Hunters, and as been working with them ever sense. He has a powerful hatred for Visorak and the Brotherhood of Makuta.(Optional) Notes: N/A

Approved, Cosmic Titan (paragon). And I personally have no qualms with Leto's mask, I think the description in his profile was fine.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Name: Monik code name: MadnessGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: Dark HuntersKanohi: KualsiElement: PsionicsAppearance: He wears mismatched armour to match his mismatched mind.Powers: Psionics and teleportationAbilities: Although not the best fighter he is good at using his powers in a fight; teleporting back to dodge a blow than teleporting forward to deal his own blows, and using psionics to back up his physical hits.Weapons: All Terrain Claws (ATC). These claws can propel Monik quickly thru any element; becoming webbed claws in water, large wing claws in air, shovel like claws underground, and so forth. He has these claws on his hands and feet.Other Equipment: His mismatched armour provides protection to elemental powers. E.g. it is heat resistant, cold resistant, aerodynamic, etc.Personality: He is very dedicated to serving Mata-Nui or at least what he thinks is serving Mata-Nui, after being hit by the Shadowed One’s Madness spinner his mind was scrambled so if the Shadowed One told him to go break into a factory and steal a doomsday device so the Dark Hunters could blow up an island Monik would say “Great, that will help Mata-Nui.” and then he would go do it. Although his mind was twisted, his morals and intentions remained (as he showed when he didn’t kill Tanika even though he was told to), also he can still make plans and set traps.The Shadowed One has had to tell the other Hunters not to kill him when he walks up to them and says “Hello I’m here to do Mata-Nui’s will.”History: Some years ago a friend of his was captured by the Dark Hunters and Monik went to rescue him. Cloaking himself mentally he snuck into Odina and got all the way to The Shadowed One’s throne room before he discovered that it was a trap. Trapped, Monik was hit by The Shadowed One’s Rhotuka and was reduced to his present state. As his first solo mission he was ordered to catch and kill a toa of lightning (Tanika) that had stood in the way of a pool of Energized Protodermis, However Monik’s morals kicked in and instead he just wiped the toa’s memory and left him on an island.(Optional) Notes: I plan on having Tanika cure his madness.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Name: Deusui, Code Name: Silent DeathGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: Dark HuntersKanohi: Mask of ConcealmentElement: SonicsAppearance: Grey with silver armor, grey mask, and wears a black cloak with the Dark Hunter symbol on it. His physique is well built.Powers: Adsorbing sound, blasting sonic waves, can create powerful screechs.Abilities: Deusui is trained to be an assassin, and his element and mask power aid him. He is very agile, and an acrobat, and knows parkour.Weapons: Dagger, arm blades.Other Equipment: Viles of poison, Kanoka disc of teleportation LVL 5,Personality: He is very cold hearted, skeptical, and cruel. He knows how to mess with peoples' minds, and loves his job.History: He prefers to keep his history to himself, in fact, he doesn't remember it...he went to join the Dark Hunters and became an assassin, and stuck with them because The Shadowed One lied to him saying he would aid Deusui in finding his past. He has encountered Zacax several times effort, but lied to the Toa of Fire, saying they were friends.Optional note: Deusui will be joining the protectorate later on.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

7685082456_888da04214_t.jpgName: ElirakGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: Metru Nui ProtectorateKanohi: Great Mask of Laser VisionElement: AcidAppearance: Elirak is a Toa of normal hieght and slightly bulkier build. His armor is styled similar to the Toa Metru, although it is slightly thicker. His natural armor is acid green while his additional armor is teal. His Kanohi is shaped like a Komau.Powers: Elemental control over Acid: Allows the user to control, absorb, and create various acidic and toxic substances. This can range from a highly acidic liquid to a slightly irritating gas. Users of this element have a slight resistance to their own element. Laser Vision through Kanohi: allows the user to project laser beams of various strengths from their eyes. Vision is slightly impared after useing the Kanohi.Abilities: Elirak is an average swordsman, however, his real skill lies with a combanation of his elemental power and archery. Is quite accurate with his bow and able to hit some "unhittable" targets with his acid bolts. This with his top physical condition makes him great for recon work.Weapons: A strange longbow/sword hybrid. This weapon looks, at first glance, almost exactly like you average bow. However, upon closer inspection, it has a a single edge running down the length of the weapon. This allows for both range and melee combat with one weapon. Elirak generally fires acid bolt from his bow, allowing him to directly control the projectiles. Elirak also carries two small daggers, just in case.Other Equipment: A lightstone, some length of strong rope, as well as a small crystal-based telescope like object. Also carries some basic medical supplies in a pack.Personality: Elirak is best described as being cold, calculating, and efficient one minute, and warm, open, friendly the next. Sometimes both at the same time. Despite his changes in mood, he is fairly easy to talk to and generally a likable guy.History: Elirak it a Toa from a far away island near the edge of the known universe. He lived in a small village when he became a Toa, and was the long protector of that island for a time. Not much is known after this, and he doesn't talk about it much.Notes: Seems to have something against working with others... Although, he doesn't show it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Due to the build of bow limbs, a bladed longbow would be much weaker than a sword... I honestly don't recommend that combination except as a defense weapon when one is unable to draw sword (the bow, incidentally, being a longbow, would not resemble a sword at all,). Also, A bow does not fire bolts, it fires arrows.But anyways, my nitpicks aside, approved.Zacax: so a toa of sonics with slightly limited elemental power? Approved.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

• 2 weeks later...

Name: IntaGender: MaleSpecies: Toa of rahiFaction: Good. Metru-Nui ProtectorateKanohi: Matatu, fitted with a computerized lens that lets him examine things close up, useful for examining a new rahi without touching it.Element: rahiAppearance: Inta has green and black armour, a stark contrast to his friendly light blue eyes and clear blue energy.Powers: As a toa of rahi he has the powers of the mask of Rahi Control, Zatth, and Faxon, he can also mutate rahi.His powers take the form of a clear blue energy.Abilities: When he alters rahi the effects are instant but the bigger the alteration the longer it would take to charge up. He can channel his elemental and mask powers in to his Zamor launcher as well as channel the powers of his sword. When he put all of them in at once it makes a Zamor that will shrink a rahi and imprison it inside a Zamor sphere, he can then fire the sphere again to release the rahi.Weapons: Zamor launcher, a short sword that can shrink or grow its targets.Other Equipment: A small container that is made with shrink disks. This container shrinks what ever is put inside it so it can hold a lot. Inta has put in the container various rahi captured in Zamor spheres, and other things he collects. He has two birds that perch on his shoulders, these can turn in to much larger birds (big enough to carry a toa) that are heavily armoured in front, so they can smash threw rock even when carrying a toa. Their wings glow with energy like a kahu’s making them fly very fast without flapping.Personality: Curious and Kind, Inta wants to be a proper toa and help people, he sees the Dark Hunter attack on Metru-Nui as an opportunity to prove himself a true toa. He is inexperienced with his powers and looks up to the toa Mangai, especially Lhikan.History: Inta was once a matoran on a small island with no toa. After the Brotherhood of Makuta defeated the League of Six Kingdoms; a makuta decided to use the island as a base to keep an eye on the larger islands in the area, he then hired Inta as a rahi tender. (He didn’t enslave Inta, it was just a job with a pay check and everything.) Inta easily handled the large rahi which led the Makuta to believe that there was something strange about the matoan. The makuta did a few experiments and realised Inta was a matoran of Rahi . After many years the makuta found the Nui Stone and tried to copy it but the result was imperfect. Discovering what the makuta had made, Miserix ordered that the Nui Stone and the false Nui Stone to be brought to another Makuta who would bring it to Miserix, so the makuta sent Inta with the Nui Stone along with a shipment of rahi. (Including his birds)Along the way Inta ran into a mysterious storm that destroyed his ship and cast him onto a tiny island, when he awoke he was shocked to discover that he had become a toa! Inta searched the ship wreck for the two Nui Stones but could not find it even with his new powers. Walking inland, Inta found a pool of water, deciding to try his powers on it, Inta tried to telekinetically lift the water, to his delight the water condensed into a large ball and floated in the air, however his delight was cut short when a snake that was under the water tried to eat him. While escaping the snake Inta remembered that he had Rahi Control powers and told the snake to stop and it stopped, he told it to lie down and go to sleep and it did. Walking back to the shore Inta found a crate of disks that was on his ship, taking some shrink and growth disks Inta made his container and sword. After getting a little more experience with his powers, Inta befriended his birds, flew away to find a toa to train him.Inta eventually made his way to Metru-Nui and tried to learn everything he could from Lhikan and the other toa Mangai. When the Dark Hunters attacked Metru-Nui he saw it as an opportunity to prove himself a true toa.(Optional) Notes: The storm was sent either by the makuta who took the Nui Stone, or by the Order of Mata-Nui who took it.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Name:

Flynn

Male

Species:

Matoran Nuva (Power level is that of a Toa, but shape of Matoran)

Faction:

Neutral

Kanohi:

Fusion Kanohi of Hau and Kadin

Element:

Light

Appearance:

Golden Kanohi, Red torso, arms and feet, Yellow hands and legs, Green eyes

Powers:

Standard powers of a Toa of Light, solid light constructs

Abilities: Technical expertise, Above-average marksman, extensive hand-to-hand combat trainingWeapons:

Light SMG (ammo is solid light bullets), protosteel combat knife

Other Equipment:

Tactical Wrist Computer

Personality:

Sardonic, Cynical, Angry, has never been truly happy and always has a grim outlook on life and the war

History:

Amnesiac, Flynn has no idea where or who he is. All he knows is that he has probably somehow been mutated by Energized Protodermis, or some other mutagen allowing him the powers of a Toa while keeping his nimble Matoran form. Whether this was by the MNP, the Dark Hunters, or some other entity for unknown reasons, Flynn is not sure of. Recently, he has had flashes of training in technology, weaponry and physical combat. Flynn is not sure how he has acquired these talents. All he knows is that he can't trust anyone.

(Optional) Notes:

N/A

Alright, bro, not to sound mean, but I've got problems with quite a bit of this. To start:Matoran Nuva. What the heck is that supposed to mean? The Matoran fell into E. P.? I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to veto it. If you want him to have the power of a Toa, he's gonna have to be a Toa.Next is the Fusion Kanohi. I'm fairly certain the first post in this topic said you could have two masks, but I'm not sure about that-anyways, no. You can't have two Kanohi fused into one-it just doesn't make sense. If you can only have one mask, pick either a Hau or a Kadin. But you can't have two-in-one.After that, the element. Light. That's a "no" as well. Sorry, but the only Toa of Light in the (main) canon universe was Takanuva, and he is still Takua as of this point in time, the Toa-Dark Hunter War in Metru-Nui. We're going to keep this as close to canon as possible, so no light element.After that, that means two things won't work: The solid light constructs won't work, because you can't manipulate light in that way. And so neither will this light SMG of yours...and this RPG wouldn't be advanced enough to make that work with just tech, because Midak Skyblasters haven't even been invented yet, if I remember right.So, yeah. If you want this character approved, you'll have to do a lot of editing. Just sayin'.Super Saiyan.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name:

Flynn

Male

Species:

Deformed Toa (size of matoran)

Faction:

Neutral

Kanohi:

Hau and Kadin, each with changing shape to allow for an element of surprise

Element:

Plasma

Appearance:

Golden Kanohi, Red torso, arms and feet, Orange hands and legs, Green eyes

Powers:

Standard powers of a Toa of Light, solid light constructs

Abilities: Technical expertise, extensive hand-to-hand combat trainingWeapons:

Protosteel combat knife

Other Equipment:

Tactical Wrist Computer, Kanohi Carrying Pack

Personality:

Sardonic, Cynical, Angry, has never been truly happy and always has a grim outlook on life and the war

History:

Amnesiac, Flynn has no idea where or who he is. All he knows is that he has emerged from a resized form of a Matoran Sphere allowing him the powers of a Toa while keeping his nimble Matoran form. Whether this was by the MNP, the Dark Hunters, or some other entity for unknown reasons, Flynn is not sure of. Recently, he has had flashes of training in technology, weaponry and physical combat. Flynn is not sure how he has acquired these talents. All he knows is that he can't trust anyone.

Name: MerlaGender: FemaleSpecies: ToaFaction: ProtectorateKanohi: Tryna (active), Matatu (in reserve)Element: WaterAppearance: Heavily armored, wears golden armor but a silver mask, grey forearms, blue legs, wears a blue capePowers: Merla has control over water and she is very skilled at it. Her favorite facet of her element is the ability to control the water inside a person, as a result, fights that involve here end pretty quickly. Abilities: She is very intelligent and creative; she can always find a way out of things. She is known for her unorthodox use of her element and her mask.Weapons: Spear (looks like Mutran's shadow spear). The long blade is detachable in case she needs a sword.Other Equipment: She wears a cape (that will come off if you try to pull on it, so don't) that can double as a blanket, a matador cloth, and a toa tool. She also carries an athame and a bunch of magical tools (ie wands, candles, etc)Personality: She is often quiet, grim, and doesn't really have a sense of humor. She always takes things seriously. History: She has a reputation across the southern continent, northern continent, and on Xia as a witch. Not much is known about her except that she bested Mutran in combat once (that's where she got her spear) and is currently being pursued by his minion, Skaaraa. (Awaiting approval)Name: SkaaraaGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: NeutralKanohi: Mahiki (active), Jutlin (in reserve)Element: GravityApperance: In his normal form, he appears as an average sized toa with two breath tubes running from his mask to his back. He has a black body with purple armor and mask. In his favorite shapeshifting form, a large bat like rahi, he has clawed feet, long arms with wings on them and with his knives turning into claws. In this form, he is white with gunmetal armor and has two horns on his head and a large maw with the same black tubes running from his jaw to his back.Powers: He is extremely proficient in gravity control and is very sadistic about this power (he likes to crush people/give them a free ticket to Bara Magna against their will)Abilities: He isn't that strong, fast, or agile in his true form. However, when he shapeshifts into the bat, he has the ability to fly and becomes quite dangerousWeapons: Two giant knivesOther equipment: NonePersonality: Loyal to the brotherhood of makuta to the death, he will stop at nothing to hunt down their enemies.History: He has been a brotherhood servant for most of his life. He is currently in the employment of Makuta Mutran

@ Constructman: Both approved.@ Flynn: You forgot to edit the power section. As well, no deformed as-small-as-matoran business. Make him a Toa or Make him a Matoran. That's it. Also, I hope you mean "Changed" shape for those masks, not "Changing." I'm not going to allow masks that can autochange their shape just because you want, but they can be shaped like other masks. They just have to stay that way. As well, you have to describe what specific masks they'll look like but obviously not have the powers of.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name:

Flynn

Male

Species:

Toa

Faction:

Neutral

Kanohi:

Hau and Kadin, Kadin with shape of Miru to allow for an element of surprise

Element:

Plasma

Appearance:

Golden Kanohi, Red torso, arms and feet, Orange hands and legs, Green eyes

Powers:

Standard powers of a Toa of Plasma

Abilities: Technical expertise, extensive hand-to-hand combat trainingWeapons:

Protosteel combat knife

Other Equipment:

Tactical Wrist Computer, Kanohi Carrying Pack

Personality:

History:

Amnesiac, Flynn has no idea where or who he is. All he knows is that he has emerged from a Matoran Sphere sized for a Toa, erasing his memory but keeping his size. Whether this was by the MNP, the Dark Hunters, or some other entity for unknown reasons, Flynn is not sure of. Recently, he has had flashes of training in technology, weaponry and physical combat. Flynn is not sure how he has acquired these talents. All he knows is that he can't trust anyone.

• 1 month later...

Name: AntrakhaGender: MaleSpecies: ToaFaction: Mata Nui ProtectorateKanohi: Modified, Avokhii-shaped Mask of Sensory AptitudeElement: SonicsAppearance: Primarily gray armor, with silver armor on his feet, thighs, chest, shoulders, and Kanohi. His Mask has T-shaped gold visor instead of eyeholes, and he has a black dragon painted on his left breastplate, and right shoulder. His entire right arm and left leg are mechanical, a result of a past battle.Powers: Control over soundAbilities: Marksmanship, leadership, close-quarters and hand-to-hand combat, inventingWeapons: Hard sound rifle, battle-ax, similar to Axonn's, but smaller, and with a black dragon painted on the blades, assassin's blade built into his right arm, sonic grenade launcher built into left knee (uses sparingly)Other Equipment: Sound dampeners built into his MaskPersonality: Rather upbeat, and deeply devoted to the Matoran. He adheres to the Toa Code whenever possible, but isn't afraid to take a life when necessary.History: Originally from the Kanbara Isles near the Southern Continent, Antrakha has always been a warrior in a tech-head's body. It was only just before the call for help to Metru Nui that he became a Toa. Luckily, on the trip there, an old Toa taught him how to focus and control his powers. He lost his arm and leg during the first battle, but never lost his fighting spirit. He designed his prosthetic limbs and sound dampeners himself, assisted by several Ta-Matoran. Now, he works part-time as a weapon designer, and designed his hard sound rifle himself. He chose the symbol of a black dragon, because of their ferocity in battle.

Edited by Delta Titan Sparta