Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: SolarisONU-METRU"So," Solaris said, his eyes flitting from Bits staff, to Lariska's hands near her daggers, to... well Reaper. "Everyone in here seems so delightfully paranoid. Don't take offense, everyone includes me. So... let's, uh, get this started, then."
IC: LariskaEveningArchives, Onu-Metru"Yes." Lariska nudged the beings surrounding her to either side, giving herself more room. Her right hand slipped down her waist to rest upon the hilt of a dagger on her belt. "Let's."She glanced to Bit and nodded. Bit provided no response other than to swing his staff across the two inches that separated it from Solaris's shoulder. The resultant force was only enough to make Solaris's shoulder ache for a second. Solaris wouldn't notice, though, thanks to the effects of the Staff of Loyalty.Lariska's smile was akin to the look a cobra adopts before spitting venom. "Tell me: Why did you come down here?"OOC: Considering B8's staff had been hovering only inches above Solaris's shoulder, Solaris would not have had enough time or room to block the blow, so I believe B8's blow was a justified auto-hit. I know I'm staff, but I still have to justify any auto-hits I make.

IC (Hacker, Onu-metru archives): "You have orders for me?" asked Hacker, giving a half-salute to the second in command. "Xeno told me something about interrogation?" he asked, in a monotone voice. "If not, I have a proposition for you."-GB

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: Zacax and Proto"Ah...the smell of smoke, doesn't that smell nice Proto?" Zacax asked grabbin his tools while he smelt the fire and smoke,>Question: Smell nice?>Function failed; Reason: No sense of smell"Master," Proto said, "I can not identify smell,""I know," Zacax said, "It was a joke,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Precentus + Reaper / Onu-Metru, Lower Archives"Ooh, now that's very good." Precentus said, leaning against one of the walls as he watched Lariska begin her interrogation. "Can you make him sing?"Reapers eyes flashed over to the Ba-Toa, and to Hacker, who had both come into the room not to long after each other. He allowed himself to relax for a moment, and his scythe returned to simply being a metal rod, while he returned to normal Kestora sized form."But yeah, you might want to hurry up with your Toa, Lariska. I've found something even you might be impressed by."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Zacax and Proto>Order complete: Collect metal and protosteelProto grabbed a two sheets of metal and two sheets of protosteel and gave them to Zacax. "Check to see if I have any ball joints in that pile," Zacax asked,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Solaris, AliaONU-METRUSolaris couldn't have reacted to the blow and didn't. He blinked once, listening to the question."I came down here to hide," he answered. "I could not hide, so I decided to disguise myself.""Hamburgers," Alia answered, carrying the plates into the bedroom. "It was all I could find that was... edible, really."

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC: Zaax and ProtoAs Proto looked through the pile for ball joints, Zacax started to smelt the metal first, to make it more flexible. It would take a few, but adding fire to the smelting process would make things faster, so he did that.

OOC: My gosh. It looks like Hualn's overconfidence is actually going to do something.IC: But the Grazonurus had no intention of even slowing when an astral sword was in his chest. He merely continued to run about-though this time, his front was sucking in air with hands and feet expelling it more fiercely.To stop, even for a second, and listen to that warning was something he would not do. He'd seen the blade. He just didn't care.No one wanted to lose their own life. Few toa would be brave enough to pull off that stunt, or to actually do something they didn't preach against in their foolish 'code'. So he figured himself safe to move on. On the other hand, if it really was a bluff, then it probably was beneficial even if he didn't surrender. Like distracting the merc or getting him to stay in one place. A trap like that Hualn did not want to get caught it. And just in case, he would throw a wrench in the face of every probable advantage the toa could hope to gain by the bluff.A lot was changing about Hualn's run. He had further empowered his feet to create more dust devils about the astral toa. He was moving with all speed, but this time his path was irregular and involved more jumps and dashes through the center of the circle. The Grazonurus wasn't even trying to pick up more shuriken.All this work made his presence less traceable. Essentially no sight of the mercenary could be caught in this mad dash, its only constant being that shuriken were held ready to throw at any reforming toa at point-blank. So the toa could almost certainly not get his crosshairs on Hualn to attack him with elemental creation or anything similar.If the toa tried to run, Hualn could still catch on and follow. If he tried to blot out Hualn's sight via a shield, it would be cut through in a matter of seconds. His only option to prevent death seemed to expend large amounts of elemental energy to create an ovalloid structure of iron that pushed out his foe. But even then, the Fe-Toa would be down in power and probably before Hualn...Not to mention that most such structures could be diced in minutes if not seconds.
IC (Turano, Po-Metru): The Dark Hunter didn't surrender when Turano reached the count of zero - he still seemed determined to fight his way out of this, or maybe to kill thm both. Either way, Turano wasn't going to grant his wish. His enemy was moving faster now, ducking and weaving all around in a flurry of wind and sand, but he was never very far away from the toa, because his sowrd remained fiormly in the toa's chest. It was this that allowed Turano to keep track of Hualn's movements. His reach was longer than that of the Matoran-like creature, so by pivoting on one foot and keeping his sword paralell to Olzet, he made sure that his blade stayed within the Hunter's chest, even as he moved with great speed. It didn't matter that the dust storms stopped him from seeing where exactly Hualn was at any moment - so long as he could see the blade in his chest, he could guess well enough."One... zero" he counted, and then went through with his plan. In an instant, sharp fragments of iron appeared all around his sword, woven into a dense thicket like the twigs of a tororaro plant. The deadly spikes extended two thirds of a bio around the blade, and would likely shred anything that was caught in them.

ppg2.png

OOC: are there still Hunters on metal boats and if there isn’t any, then forget the part about him shocking the water
There are none.
OOC: You missed the bard, Zarayna. Not that I can blame you. It was sort of random, last minute.
Gah, sorry, saw him before I posted but forgot about him.Also, Zacax, you need a lot more than sheet metal and ball joints to make a replacement leg, just saying. It would probably take some time, and trouble.GM - Port Battle:The Hunters in the rear had holed up in or behind and were continuing their attacks. The attacks the toa had first been hit by were only the start. Miraul was lucky to have collapsed, almost unconscious. Before the bullet could strike Cy, or he dodge it, metal cables flew out of nowhere it seemed, wrapping around ankles and wrist, and sending him to the ground, bound. As Virak lay where he had fallen, still stunned from the fall, he was also targeted; a Rhotuka spinner hit a wall above his head, causing a miniature thunderstorm to rise above him, peppering the fallen toa with hail and lightning.Meanwhile, Lithus too was targeted. A Dark Hunter had her right in his crosshairs, and within seconds a stream of light-balls flew from the sniper's rapid fire Midak skyblaster.(OOC: I'm going to wait for you two to reply before continuing this.)In the battleground, Sontarok had not noticed, apparently, that the ground under him was not in the least stable. His blast of ice hit the ground about three feet in front of him and he was sent stumbling forwards, his arms flailing to regain balance.And that was precisely when a blast of fire flew out of the ground in front of him, right where he would land.Meanwhile, the Vahki split, the first rank taking off into the air. With their staffs pointed downwards, they had no problem in strafing the toa with loyalty blasts; not too accurate, but with attacks from the other directions added in, deadly. That was when they began to fire Ko Metru disks at individual toa. Meanwhile, the back rank of vahki increased their march. Exathia and Tanika, unfortunately, were right in their path. Their first, and only forwarning of their danger was a disk slamming into Exathia's stone cup and shrinking it. As they were looking up, a flurry of loyalty bolts and disks flew at them.Velkarno's attack made the skakdi attacking fall to the ground, dazed and stunned. However, even as he fell, several loyalty bolts flew at the area Velkarno was in, several headed right at him. From behind, also, a beam of intense heat flew at him.IC - Coliseum island - Onu Metru chute station medical bay:Some time later, Eyra was on his feet, slinging his quiver onto his back. The bruise on his head was almost gone, a testimony to how quick the make of healing could take effect, even used sporadically. The main part of the station was crowded, and Eyra looked around in confusion for some time. Someone spoke to him, but it took him several seconds to register that. A toa from his barge was looking at him a little worried; Eyra guessed he had asked if he was all right."Um," he replied."Bewildered?" his new companion asked him, and Eyra nodded. "You should get some rest," was the toa's next statement. Eyra shook his head."I've had enough rest, I want some action, some hunt.""Yeah. I heard about Rahkan.""You know any hunt related missions I could get into?" Eyra replied, ignoring the comment."Well, I hear there's a strike force going to Ko Metru; one of their members actually volunteered you, although we had thought you weren't recovered enough.""I'm recovered enough now. Where are they meeting," was Eyra's short reply. Upon learning, he set out, and after some time, and some stops by various guards, came upon the correct location. The butterflies in his stomach died a little when he recognized Ineha there, but increased when he saw Nidhiki. His greeting was very short, but not to the point."Um." Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC: Don't worry, it will take me by tomorrow this time to make it, to be realistic.IC: Zacax and ProtoZacax kept melting the metal, it should take some time, he might need some more metal sheets.Proto came in with three sets of ball joints, they were rusty...he was gonna need some new ones. "Well I'll get some new ball joints soon, or have to craft them. In the mean time I have to get these sheets to be meltable in order to flex into parts of the leg. Proto, take measrements of my leg,"

IC: Zacax and ProtoZacax kept melting the first sheet, it was tedious, but the end result of all of this would be beneficial to him.Proto was watching, hovering over the furnance.

IC: Lithus - Ga-Metru, Port StrikeThere have been many times I've been sure that the only reason I've survived is out of sheer luck.This, is one of those times.After getting rammed against a wall (not a fun experience), I woke up to see balls of light flying towards me. The afterlife? I'll be absolutely honest, and say that I really thought that for a moment.And then I realized they were projectiles of fiery death. Which, I suppose, is the same as the afterlife, in the philosophical sense.Acting out of sheer reflex, I summoned forth a wall of water to block the projectiles coming at me. That managed to keep them from striking me directly, but the sheer force of the attack still sent me flying backwards.Again.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Zacax and ProtoZacax finally finished the first sheet, two hours...now it was time to shape it. He grabbed it with his bare hand, his heat resistance would protect his hand, and placed it on an anvil."Hammer," Zacax said,>Orders: Retrieve HammerProto went to the wall and grabbed the hammer and gave it to Zacax.

IC: Velkarno / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeThe Toa of sonics twisted as the loyalty bolts flew past, each one flying past one side of his body. When he readjusted himself, he had removed himself from the line of effect of the heat beam. It was, nevertheless, surprising, and his last second reaction (too late of one) to try dodging to the side put him off balance and on the ground.Quickly, he stood back up and continued playing. His mask began to glow slightly as its powers went into effect on the Toa in the area - the mind-clouding effects of the Vahki staves began to lose all potency and fade away, reducing any Toa in the area who had been turned loyal or otherwise affected by Dark Hunters with psychic abilities to return to their normal selves.As he looked around, he sent another few sonic blasts flying towards another cluster of Dark Hunters, including a few hyper-charged ones toward a cluster of Vahki.IC: Exathia / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeExathia realized she couldn't get her full shield power up in time, and with her falling back into the water would be unable to keep the concentration needed to use the Hau properly. Instead she simply threw herself to the water, fading under the waves. She fired a tendril of stone from her hands that flew out towards a hooked rock closer to the shore line, and reeled herself into it. Once there, she was close enough to the surface to stand.Before activating the shield barrier, she moved to activate her Hau and began moving forward.It takes a lot to get angry. So far, no emotion has really been noted, but it is important to realize which one is presiding at the moment - anger. Anger about being sent into the water.In the momentary gap between the Vahki noticing her and preparing an attack, she had enough time to reactivate her shield. She knelt down to make herself a smaller target, and raised a wall of stone behind her to block off any attacks from the sea. Once in position, completely defended from either ranged means of Vahki attack, she began to take control of and add onto the environment, sending spears of solid stone to impale small clusters of Vahki in a single attack.As the initial anger began to fade, she was starting to realize that she needed to get back to the others. But how...?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: LariskaEveningArchives, Onu-MetruLariska's eyes seemed to query Where have you been? to Precentus, but she instead asked, "Is that so, Precentus? Hold on." Her eyes flicked to the newcomer, Hacker, before locking again on the prisoner's blank gaze."Hide from whom?" she asked. "And, oh, what's your name?"OOC: I don't believe Lariska should have known Solaris's name, so I'm having her ask Solaris now to save trouble.

IC: Zacax and ProtoSeveral hours have passed. After taking the measurements, and shaping the metal sheets, he needed the protosteel to melt and some ball joints, along with a foot and a special part to keep it from flying everywhere...

IC: Precentus / Onu-Metru, Lower Archives"Oh, yes. It is very much so." he replied, hovering a piece of stone from the ground to his hand and then bouncing it in his hand. "Here's a riddle to think about while you're tearing up the Toa's mind - what's big, red, is currently poorly disposed to Turaga Dume, and is a dragon?"OOC: It's a hard riddle.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Let me guess: the one guy that isn't online for the next week's dragon :PIC (Hacker, Onu-metru tunnels): "Who is this small being, master? Forgive me for asking, but I can only hear his shadow." He sent another pulse out, closer this time, trying to get a glimpse of the size and shape of the matoran. "And why is he wearing such a large suit of armour?"-GB

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: LariskaEveningArchives, Onu-MetruLariska didn't turn from Solaris, but beneath her back armor, her muscles and shoulders tensed and released in clear surprise. Her left index finger flicked up then down in a gesture that said wait -- I want to hear it all to Precentus.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Zacax and Proto"Proto," Zacax said, "Go get some spare ball joints I have in the closet, alright? Make sure they have no rust on them,">Orders: Inspect and collect ball joints from closetProto nodded and flew off, to fulfill his task.

OOC: Amerikos is a boy :PIC (Amerikos, Ga-Metru port battle): Amerikos looked up at the dark hunter and smiled. He grabbed the sword wrist of the dark hunter, and twisted counter-clockwise to the dark hunter, turning it with immense strength. He simultaneously brought a knee towards the hunter's groin, and wrapped his uncut right-hand cable around the knees of the dark hunter. "You picked the wrong day for close combat, friend." Amerikos said grimly,staring his opponet in the eyes.OOC: Some of those may count as an autohit, IDK. We're in close combat, so the lines seem more blurred.-GB

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Well, I have no problem with that, except that your forgot that the DH threw himself into the toa, which would result in both of them falling back, especially as both of them are near the edge of the building...ANNOUNCEMENT:For those who didn't know, the port battle is open again, sorry for not saying that clearly.I'll get replies to Lev and EoV in a little.

IC: Zacax and ProtoProtosteel was hard to melt, hence why it would be good armor for a leg. Downside is melting it in order to mold it...Proto looked through the closet searching for ball joints, like his master requested.IC: TahukamaTahukama was in no shape to continue to fight, but he could use his fire power to his advantage. He started to shoot flames at the guards, he would distract them, so the team could leave hopefully. But it was Naho's decision, so he continued to shot flames.

IC: Sontarok landed in the fire, which caused him great pain. He yelled in pain, and rolled to the side to extinguish the flames. He then got up.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Inéha (Coliseum)The Psionics Toa turned, surprised to see Eyra, the Toa of Sonics from the Onu-Metru Street battle. "Up and kicking again so soon?" She asked.

Edited by Aderia

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

OOC: Zacax, rule one of being in a battleground when you're badly wounded and nowhere near allies: do not, under any circumstances, fight.GM - Port Strike:Unfortunately, Tahukama was in no shape to fight, with most of the organic matter of his shoulder disintegrated, and the pain from that washing over his body. As a result, his blasts of flame were anything but accurate. Even worse, the beam sniper from before had seen the sudden appearance of the flames in the back of the lines, and by extension saw Tahukama. Once again the beam swept towards the toa; this time however, it would be far harder for Tahukama to dodge. Correct that, nearly impossible to dodge.OOC: just to be clear in pastsight, Lev, they were from the flying vahki. And also, I don't think any toa have been hit by loyalty beams. ;)GM - Port Strike:The way in which the pirates had set their line up was in a way that meant that there was no clusters of them; they were in effect in a spread out checkerboard formation. The Vahki too were not in clusters, but rather in a spread out line, some thirty feet behind the pirate line. Because of this, the sonic attacks sent at the vahki, for the most part, flew wide; one however, slammed into a vahki, sending it to the ground motionless. The pirates however, were far more prepared, and managed to either block or dodge those attacks that would have struck. Valkarno did not have much time to give another attack, however, as he became the target for sniper shots, disks, and loyalty and stun bolts alike. From the sides and from above, there was little area in which he was not being attacked--Until, that is, metal spikes shot out of the ground next to him, transforming into metal coils. On wrapped around his legs, the other moved to bind his wrists together.Exathia's stone spikes flew at the marching vahki, even as they became aware of her. Ko Metru disks of shrink met each, sending the tiny pebble sized spikes falling to the ground. Two disks formed the actual offensive: the first flying hardly six inches ahead of the other was a teleport disk, while the backmost disk was a weaken disk. With any luck, the teleport disk would get rid of the Hau shield long enough for the second disk to strike. However, these were lost among the flurry of stun bolts launched at the same time, as well as a few disks.Sontarok's day was not going well. No sooner had he gotten to his feet, armor and flesh charred and burned, the still unstable ground sent him once more to his hands and knees. This served at least to save him from being hit by the laser eyebeam that flew where his head was. The blast of flame the followed, however, was not so dodgable, heading right at him.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: TahukamaTahukama took the beam into his chest. The Toa fell to the ground, almost seconds away from death....IC: Zacax and ProtoThe first protosteel was done, he was half way done with the second...this was tiresome...Proto had already found the ball joints and was now looking for the special part neede to keep the leg from flopping around.

GM - Port Strike:The Hunter targeting Lithus stopped, his weapon still aimed. If Lithus dropped the shield, she would be toast.Meanwhile, Tahukama's eyes narrowed to slits, and his heartlight faded away, the heart whose beat it timed now disintegrated.(OOC: What can I say? You should have stayed down, or made your character only get wounded. A hit to the chest from a weapon like this is definitely fatal, and fast killing.)Korvus's plasma bolts were just in time to destroy several disks aimed at him. This, however, did not keep the loyalty and stun beams flying at him from continuing their path.IC - Eyra:Eyra gave a abrupt nod of his head."Yes, I'm about back to normal now. I was told you wanted me for a mission...?"

IC: Sontarok Sontarok was struck by the flame. It began to burn through his flesh and armour, and he was in immense pain, his natural weakness to fire increasing the injuries. Nearly dead, he remained, attempting to extinguish the flame.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Lithus - Ga-Metru , Port StrikeI quickly realized that the sniper Dark Hunter and I were in the middle of a standoff. I couldn't drop my shield without being burnt to a delicate crisp, and he (or she) couldn't fire without showing their hand, and revealing their position.I grit my teeth. My entire plan currently hinged on the Hunter shooting first, and if the sniper was worth his stuff, he would realize that. I needed something more, something that would guarantee me victory, or at least a good distraction.Gathering up all of the water in my shield, I sent concentrated it into a liquid battering ram, before hurling it at where I was fairly certain the sniper was.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

GM - Port Strike:The Dark Hunter in question was well positioned behind a building, but not far enough to avoid being hit. Instead, he jumped around to the other side of the hut as the place where he had been was swamped. He once again began firing at the now uncovered toa.

IC: ZacaxAfter a long while...he had finished...now to connect the parts together. It was a lot easier than melting the metal and protosteel. He placed in the ball joints, screwing in the bolts to fasten them in.

IC: Inéha (Coliseum)"Yes, Ko-Metru," She nodded. "Right now, we're awaiting orders." She looked pointedly to Nidhiki. The healers in Metru Nui must be very efficient, She thought, she almost hadn't recognized Eyra without his battered-ness. The medics from her old home, the definitely couldn't have patched up a broken Toa so quickly.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic