Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC - Eyra:"I doubt there are many to spare. In fact, I doubt there are any to spare," Eyra replied quietly. His right hand casually slid across the feathers of his arrows, back in fourth; a nervous habit, much like one might scratch the back of their neck."What exactly are we doing on this mission?" he asked.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: (Off the Onu-Metru Coast, the Ship Crossfire)"Would you look what th' cat dragged in," The rough voice of one of the crew members greeted him as he dumped the unconscious Toa of Iron off his shoulder onto the ship deck with a clank. He swallowed a snarl and let out an equally rough chuckle instead. "I found this in the city, couldn't leave it lying around. There's rules against littering," He prodded the Toa's side with one of the claws on his foot. "Where's the Captain, I need permission to hold him in the brig for ransom or bargain.""Here," The ship's Captain emerged from her cabin, she had to duck since the ship was not originally built for Vortixx-height. "If you do get a ransom for him, we get half the profit. If he's still here by the end of the week, he can go swim with the Ruki fish." "Not a problem," He replied. "And here." He tossed the little dagger he'd picked off a body to the Captain. She snatched it out of the air in one fluid movement. "This is how to woo the ladies, we love the trinkets," She laughed, addressing her crew first, then him. "I have half a mind to sign you on as a fulltime crew member. You earn your keep well.""I try," He barked out a short laugh in response. He crouched down to peer at the Toa, it looked like the fellow was starting to come around. "The keys to the brig, I think I'll be needing those." He'd seen and even worked with Toa before, he knew how dangerous they could and would be. By the time he looked up, the Captain had already run in to fetch the keys and returned. "You're lucky our cells negate elemental power," She told him as she dropped the key into his clawed hand. He double checked the hook attached to the Toa's armor and began dragging his captive to the heavy wooden door that led below decks. "Not lucky, I knew." "Well, if you know all about how the Crossfire is run, you'll know that you guard your own prisoner too. If you have something to bribe with, maybe some of the crew will switch out guard duty with you." The Captain called after him as he kicked open the door and disappeared.

Edited by Aderia

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

IC - Rahkan:Blackness slowly turned into wakefulness. Rahkan was never one to lie anywhere, and his last memories were not something that were a thing that would change that. He lay for a moment dazed before struggling to his feet, and unslinging his rifle. Two things filtered through at once: he felt like a kikanalo herd had run over him, an his rifle was gone. Other things followed, like the cells, his lack of elemental power, and the guard outside th door."And who the karz are you?" he asked, half walking, half staggering to the grated door.

IC: (Crossfire Ship)"We use nice words on this ship," he chided at the Toa of Iron. " 'Karz' is not one of those words."He dug his claws into the soft wood of the ship and began scaling the wall, just beacuse he could. In the low light, he could almost feel the amber in his reptilian eyes gleaming. From his clinging grip on the ceiling and looking at the Toa upside down, he answered the question as though he only just remembered it had been asked. "And really, I don't see why it matters who the karz I am."The brig was essentially a wide corridor running along the length of the below-deck ship. Cells were built into the wall , only one of which was occupied, but halfway down the corridor, the cells ended and storage crates piled nearly to the ceiling replaced them. Along the opposite wall, there was a long, low bench bolted to the wall, and it ran all the way down the corridor, interrupted thrice with doorways leading to the crew's bunk rooms. "The things that matter are that you're you, and I'm me, and you're stuck here, and I'm stuck guarding you," He called as he scampered down the aisle, leaving deep gouges in the ceiling. "So you may as well get comfortable."

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)

IC: Tanika Port strikeScratches climbed the building silently until he saw his prey, stopping for a moment, making sure he could easily get behind cover, the lizard studied his opponent who had shot a pale beam at him.Tanika sat still moving only when a stray shot came to close, and even then he moved silently making sure no one spotted him. He was using his element to feel every Vahki and Dark Hunter machine taking hold of there electricity, he didn’t do anything with it yet but he prepared so that when it was time every Vahki would shut down instantly, at the same time he watched the snipers intently, he knew what Scratches would do and he needed to be prepared to act on it.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Okay, moving this thing along, again.GM - Port Battle:[The Huts/Buildings]Among the huts, the fight was subsiding. In one place, a badly wounded ice toa had finally collapsed, while in another area one toa was unconscious, while another was bound by cables, and still a third was shocked and stunned by the miniature thunderstorm. One toa of water was still dueling a sniper, but overall, the groans of the wounded outweighed the sounds of fighting.Figures detached themselves from the building swiftly, a half dozen of them. They moved at a run, until one was at each of the fallen. Those still conscious were shocked unconscious, and masks were taken, as were other weapons. Lastly, they bound them with handcuffs that negated elemental power. Sontarok, being wounded, was carried off between two, while the other toa were simply dragged away. Lithus was, to her own fortune, more towards the main battleground than the buildings, but that did not prevent the sniper attacking her from pressing his attack farther. More Hunters advanced, until Lithus's position was the only one unconquered. [skakdi lines, main Protectorate position]There were two things that saved Exathia's life in the short run: her element of surprise, and the hau shield surrounding her. The spread out skakdi line allowed her to get through without plowing anyone over. However, she had hardly gotten twenty feet past them, when she was focused on, and attacked. Namely, at least three eyebeams of impact vision, laser, and one explosive slammed into the back of her shield. A powerful bolt of disintegration could take out the strongest Hau shield, and this had almost the same effect. Exathia found herself ten feet forwards, plowed into the ground, with her Hau shield down. Worse, she was in the main battle area: several fireballs were sent straight at her, while fire belched out of the earth under her.[Vahki lines, behind Skakdi lines](timeline, about fifteen seconds after Scratches ran off)It was difficult, putting it simply to move in the position Tanika. However, he managed to awkwardly crawl-dodge a stun beam that hit near him. Unfortunately, in this position, it was difficult for anyone to keep grasp of the entire field of combat, and as Tanika got himself into somewhat of a more comfortable position, a foot came down upon the lightning toa's back. The leftmost vahki in the line of vahki had run over him. Literally. The heavy metal foot was not one to trod lightly, and Tanika instinctively let out a cry of pain. In a moment the vahki's eyes were on that area.>Hypothesis, invisible foe.>Tactical suggestion, subjugate.>Suggestion confirmed.Two bolts of loyalty flew at Tanika. With the Vahki's foot still on his back, there was hardly room or time for the lightning toa to dodge.

OOC: Hmm... middle of Ga-Metru. Well, I can see a way out, but that might end up with me in an even worse position than where I am currently.I assume the archive tunnels underneath have Dark Hunters in them. But, then again, most of them were stated to have already come up to the surface, which would mean the tunnels are less occupied. One could reach them by causing the stone structures underneath to pull back and peel away the earth and metal, but... no, too much trouble worrying about that. Or not.It really can't be worse than the above ground, save for the loss of visual contact with everybody else.IC: Exathia / Ga-Metru, Port Strike"Why does it always have to be fire?" Exathia pondered to herself as she crawled away. She took out her disk launcher and fired off a Ga-Metru disk, which she caused to bounce between a pair of other disks that Vahki had sent out - not as accurate as using a Po-Metru disk, but you work with what you've got.The flames rising around her was almost unbearable. A few times, she considered just giving up and letting it end here, in the middle of the field. But... no, she couldn't afford that. She couldn't just give up easily. She began tapping into her inner elemental powers, taking control of the stone in the area around her. Walls began forming at her will, blocking incoming fireballs before shattering apart under force blasts and the like.She continued forward, a thin layer of stone reaching diamond levels of thickness began to form around her. After a few seconds, she managed to crawl behind a large block of stone that almost looked like it had been blown off of the last fortress to be located here Taking a short moment to breathe, she tried to create a second barrier with her Hau and shield. She might be able to make a run for the Protectorate side... maybe..."I don't care who they are - the next time my superiors tell me to follow them past the front of the lines to take control of the enemies fortress, I'm gonna tell 'em to..."The train of though was interrupted as a fireball charged with sonic energy, presumably combined work of two Skakdi, struck the ground a few Bio away from her and caused a huge explosive blast of heat and sound that left her deafened.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Disregard my last Darkon post, it wasn't detailed enough. :PIC: DarkonDarkon, his eyes calmly observing the world around him, dragged Revax through the dark, eerie streets of Onu-Metru, the sky-scrapers around them casting shadows and intimidating beings with their cyclopean looks. Stopping at one of the many entrances to the sprawling underground empire known as The Archives, Darkon stared at the two guards, stating his name and his (quite obvious) buisness.One of the guards, a member of Krekka's species, grunted something unintelligble to his fellow Dark Hunter, a heavily scarred Vortixx, who nodded and stepped aside. Darkon remained silent as he continued forward, beginning the descent into the terrifying darkness.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: RevaxAs she was dragged into the darkness, Revax thought of what would happen when she was brought to Lariska. She expected the worst.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Zacax and ProtoThe two kept working on the leg, it was almost complete. It was gonna be hard to move around but this was now the norm. "Proto," Zacax called, "Check on how the battle is doing okay?">Orders: Inspect Ga-Metru Port Proto nodded and went out the door, following his master's orders.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Lithus - Port Strike (The Huts/Buildings), Ga-MetruSo, where does the mighty Lithus stand, surrounded by Dark Hunters, and under constant fire by orbs of burning light?The answer: As far away as possible.Or, in this case, a few feet away from them.I quickly managed to bring up another water shield to defend against the Midak's barrage, but it was weaker this time, due to my exhaustion, and the several burns that I had received as punishment for being too slow. With my other hand, I grabbed my gladius, priming myself for the fight of my life.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Darkon, Archives As Darkon carried Revax through the Archives, he was forced to crouch low to fit in the Toa-sized tunnels.Soon, he was deep in the maddening darkness of the Archives, where the citizens of Metru-Nui had studied sciences and the Rahi creatures. It was a perfect museum, as well as the perfect fortress.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: TanikaSince Tanika was prepared to unleash his attack in an instant, when he was stepped on that is exactly happened and every Vahki there collapsed as well as a few machines, unfortunately he didn’t shut them down fast enough to avoid the loyalty beams coming at him, fortunately since there were no more Vahki to be loyal to the beams did nothing,* however absorbing all that power did attract the attention of the sniper, and as the pale beam swept toward Tanika it suddenly vanished, and seizing the opportunity, Tanika poured all the power he had absorbed into a disk and fired it at the sniper’s perch.Scratches struck quickly (like he always does), lashing his bladed tail into a crucial component in the sniper’s rifle, putting it out of commission. The sniper, enraged, went to strike at the lizard that had damaged his gun just as a disk hit next to him electrocuting everything, and knocking the sniper unconscious.Satisfied, Scratches ran back to his owner.OOC:* If this isn't right then he just uses his shield to block the shots.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Truahkia | Ta-Metru, Chute Station ~ Shooting Range, All OverTruahkia stood at the far end of the range, peering through the 'cross-hairs' of his heavily modified crossbow. Everything lined up perfectly to the very center of the target, and he began adjusting a few dials and knobs that lined the device. Everything was lined up for a high weight bolt, which was exactly what he took out - the shaft constructed of solid protodermis, tiny little nicks put along to cause miniscule changes to the weight. The head, tipped with a dab of protosteel.He took a few seconds to check again, making sure everything was perfect. Then, he fired, sending the bolt flying out towards the target at incredible speed and force, piercing the bulls-eye and flying through the target and out the other side, where it embedded itself in the wall. Aim, perfect. The force would be enough to penetrate the skull of a Skakdi, or another point in their body - he needed to take them alive, after all.The Toa of magnetism put his crossbow away and moved across the range to behind the target. With some careful use of his powers, he was able to ease the bolt out of the wall and inspect it. The tip was a bit damaged, but overall the entire thing was still mostly intact. A testament to the craftsman, truly. Rather than forcing that same craftsman to pump out a few more, he made use of his abilities once more to start reshaping the bolt where it had been altered. It would never be perfect - he would need to save it for an emergency, or where he could afford being a quarter inch off.Once he exited the range, he went to the excess citizen supplies and began looking for a small mirror. After a couple minutes, he pulled out the two things he was looking for - a larger mirror, as held in the hand to observe oneself (usually by narcissists...), and a much smaller, circular one of about 1/4" in diameter. He set his crossbow down and pulled up a tiny attachment where another of the glass pieces, almost the exact same in size but badly cracked and dirtied, was located. Unscrewing the metal wrap around it, he took out the piece and set it on the table, placing the new one where it had been. The holder for it was somewhat adjustable, and it was just close enough to be used.Finally satisfied, he knelt down and looked through where he would fire from, glancing to the side and looking into the mirror. With it, he could see behind himself perfectly - on the off chance that somebody found him and came up from behind, he wanted to be prepared for it.Again, he put his crossbow away, now drawing his khopesh and the hand mirror. The reflection was perfect. He continued holding it in his off hand as he began to run through different forms and styles with his weapon in his head. He placed it away after a few more minutes, then moved to holding the remove poison disks - practical, thanks to the great number of Dark Hunters employing toxins, and in order to deflect incoming disk attacks. He had at least one of every Metru - power levels were high for some, but most were relatively low. Toxin users, yes, but the Dark Hunters weren't the type to spend their wealth on any of the ones that were instantly lethal, save perhaps Lariska herself. Just in case, he kept a power level 7.Putting the Khopesh away, he began packing all of his equipment up and providing payment to the operators of the range and armories - non-Protectorate warriors had to pay for their time, after all. Everything was set to go.OOC: This details all of the important stuff. Other things like eating and walking around were skipped because they're even more boring than this, and they're also boring to write, unlike this. But this is basically everything that Truahkia is doing while waiting for Lhikan to call everybody.Kudos to whoever can figure out why he would use a mirror as part of a fighting style. Trust me, it's a genius idea. You'll love it. Adding mere to his profile. I think I'm allowed to add 'hand mirror'. Unless hand mirrors are super expensive and valuable, I guess. Don't know why they would be, though. It's not like Matoran use make up.P.S. If you do think that Matoran use make up, you have a backpfeifengesicht.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: ProtoProto flew out of the building and headed for the chute station, just like his master asked him to do.IC: ZacaxZacax had finally completed the leg, and started to place on where his original one was. It was hurting some....okay a lot, mainly because the screws were drilling into the organic tissue. But it was worth it, not loosing the leg, but the pain. At least you experience something and have something to tell.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Zacax, you're still going ahead of time. ;)

IC: TanikaSince Tanika was prepared to unleash his attack in an instant, when he was stepped on that is exactly happened and every Vahki there collapsed as well as a few machines, unfortunately he didn’t shut them down fast enough to avoid the loyalty beams coming at him, fortunately since there were no more Vahki to be loyal to the beams did nothing,* however absorbing all that power did attract the attention of the sniper, and as the pale beam swept toward Tanika it suddenly vanished, and seizing the opportunity, Tanika poured all the power he had absorbed into a disk and fired it at the sniper’s perch.Scratches struck quickly (like he always does), lashing his bladed tail into a crucial component in the sniper’s rifle, putting it out of commission. The sniper, enraged, went to strike at the lizard that had damaged his gun just as a disk hit next to him electrocuting everything, and knocking the sniper unconscious.Satisfied, Scratches ran back to his owner.
OOC:...I put in a timeline for a reason. It takes some time to absorb all that electricity. And also, it takes equally a lot of time to scaled a fortress wall. ;)The staff of loyalty, does not only work in accord to individual vahki.GM - Port Strike:Unfortunately, Tanika's attack was foiled by the same thing that had foiled it before: lack of time. Several more vahki collapsed, to be sure, but there were still a half dozen of the foot soldiers running when the loyalty beam struck him.It was like a complete readjustment of the way things worked. Of course, it was not a rational adjustment. Like a person in a dream who saw the most nonsensical things as logical. And right now, what was logical to him was that the law of the Dark Hunters was true and good, and its word must be obeyed.His weapons dropped out of his hands, and he raised them above his head. The vahki who had shot him was lying half across him, but there were more nearby."I surrender," Tanika said in a toneless voice. "I surrender."Loyalty to the Protectorate, and bravery in battle were both gone. He doffed his mask as well. Two vahki nearest to him broke off their march and moved towards him, not rushing; victory was in their hands.Meanwhile, Scratches, unaware of his master's plight had made it halfway up to the position of the sniper.IC - Rahkan:Rahkan rolled his eyes, moving his lips in accord with his captor's. Then he sat down against the wall, and closed his eyes. Not to rest, that could be done later. He activated his mask, and a moment later was skimming through images of the fight. No sign of Eyra falling. No sign of Eyra at all after his bow was smashed and he was sent flying behind an outcrop of rubble.Maybe you're alive, maybe you're dead. Or maybe you're stuck in a prison just like this, he decided.GM - Port Strike:Meanwhile, the skakdi decided to try another tactic. The ground stopped cracking and shaking, and fire suddenly ceased to belch forth.In front of them, there were only a few toa scattered about: towards one edge a toa of plasma targeting the snipers in the fortress, who were firing right back. In another part, a toa of sonics who was fighting off metal cables that tried to bind him. In another, closer, a toa of stone was fleeing, protected by stone and Hau. Naho and Borak were still dueling, and the skakdi knew better than to attack them. On another end, a wounded toa of some unknown element; blue and black armored, was staggering into the battlefield. From above, loyalty bolts, stun bolts and disks peppered them. However, more attacks followed. Vines flew out of the ground, wrapping around Amerikos and trying to crush him. Foot thick, woody vines. Korvus was attacked by bolt after bolt of chain lightning, while Velkarno was bombarded by a host of metal fragments, sharp and heavy, and newly generated by an iron skakdi. Exathia was targeted by the exact same attack as before, as the air in his shield heated up rapidly, while at the same time the stone she was shielding herself with was gripped by a stone skakdi ,who attempted to wrest control of it from her.(OOC: You guys and Lithus are, I believe, the only Protectorate forces left. Wait, there's Mar. Sam, could you RP him please? I need to know where he is.)Lithus, meanwhile, was in a tight spot. Her shield was keeping the midak back, but the sniper was continuing to fire, occupying fully the shield's power. One hunter charged at her from the side. A lean, well armored vortixx with a round shield, spiked and razor edged in one hand, and an electro chute blade in the other. Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: Exathia / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeSkakdi are, by nature, more chaotic and of lesser mental discipline than a Toa is - that's the reason they can't activate mask powers. Exathia was using that to her advantage in the battle of wills to control the stone sheathe she had covered her body with. In a fair fight, it would have been no problem - unfortunately, she wasn't in a fair fight. She was being targeted by multiple individuals.From behind her temporary cover, she made another run, swerving away and dodging as many attacks she could from all directions. Deciding the stone shielding was too much of a hassle, she caused it to crumble away and return some of her mobility.She was now back in the Protectorate camp, but found that to be no better of a situation to be in - there were enemies on both side, and she was still in range of the Skakdi's attacks.She considered that if she had access to telepathy, she could call back to the Chute station and request Vahki support to pull out from the battlefield. Unfortunately, she neither had that power, nor enough time remaining even if she did. Finally, resigned to her fate, she turned back towards the Skakdi force and stood high. Shield in hand, she channeled the full force of her elemental powers for one final, chaotic assault.The ground of the battlefield, moving rapidly from her location towards the Skakdi, became a chaotic mess as the stone that covered the area exploded into fragments of rock. A wave of stone daggers and spikes came flying out even faster than the environment could turn.Before she expended the last of her power, she considered the one last attempt she could have at escape. She knelt to the ground, blocked by her tower shield, and used the last of the power within her to peel away at the layers of stone under her feet, creating a hole into the archives tunnels that she slipped into, hitting the ground with gravity's force once she did so.IC: Velkarno / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeVelkarno had less of an idea about what to do as the metal shards came flying out at him. He sent out sonic waves to knock away attacks, but it was only of use against some of the pieces. Others embedded themselves in his armor and knocked him to the ground.Bleeding and in pain, he began to pant, questioning what he could do as he crawled away. He reached for his lute, and began to play an old, somewhat somber tune that he echoed across the battlefield with his sonic abilities. Despite the great distance between them, the melody, amplified with his masks power, would touch Tanika's mind and clear it from the Bordahk's influence, along with any other NPCs that might still remain.OOC: I don't see how the Ga-Metru archives are any safer, but it is worth a shot.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: ProtoProto flew through the streets of Ta-Metru, heading to the chute station. OOC: Hazzah Zacax are now first person...IC: ZacaxOW THIS HURTS! Well Tahukama said no pain no gain. Hope I can get this done in time. Well I have a few screws left, then I can walk around some.

OOC: remember that toa are mostly mechanical, so he can stand without his muscles, and his shield is attached to his arm so he can’t just drop it.IC: Tanika Port strikeTanika painfully got out from under the Vahki, and stood to tell his new masters everything he knew, just then Velkarno song reached him, and he thought of a plan. “I was a scout for a large force that has already taken over the pirate ships that were patrolling and they are going to launch an attack very soon.” Tanika told the Vahki who, still thinking he was under there control, sent the message to the other Vahki, and, gesturing for him to follow, began to prepare for the attack. Meanwhile Tanika, who had started to follow the Vahki, thought of the perfect rahi to copy, he activated his mask and teleported to the toa of sonics who had freed him.Tanika arrived just as another wave of metal flew at Velkarno. Grabbing the toa, Tanika teleported far away, well out of harms way, then Tanika teleported back to the battle and repeated the process until all the toa that he could find were save, then he went back for Scratches, and his whip.Scratches had finished scaling the building and struck quickly (like he always does), lashing his bladed tail into a crucial component in the sniper’s rifle, putting it out of commission. The sniper, enraged, went to strike at the lizard that had damaged his gun, just then a toa appeared and, grabbing the lizard, disappeared before the sniper could blink.After he had retrieved his lizard and his whip, Tanika asked the other toa “Is this everyone.”OOC: Please note that if your character was hiding then Tanika did not get them.And if you want to know what rahi he copied then click show.

a Fader Bull, I know this rahi does not live in Ga-Metru, but please note that he is not a rooky and he used a lot of energy to do this

Edited by Takanuvainika

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC:Okay, there are some problems with your post:1: he's maskless, remember? He took off his mask, meaning that he has no Faxon. 2: There is no way a person struck by a loyalty beam would recover and in in seconds form a plan. The victim would be dazed and confused, probably uttering the standard 'what happened, where am i?' remarks.And also, you do know that the vahki would know you were free, just because you wouldn't know what on earth they were saying. Gm - Port Strike:Tanika got to his feet slowly, favoring his injured leg. His maskless face was what most people would term something between ugly and hideous, but vahki, being vahki, could care less.Then the song swept over him. It felt like waking up, and not a nice form of waking up: the two conflicting philosophies battled, and one swiftly conquered, but left him dazed and motionless. The vahki standing in front of him did not move. He stared at it for a second as memory flooded in. He had to escape, that was the driving thought in his head. Swiftly he concocted a story, of an invasion force attacking the ports, one that he was part of, a scout.>Slave reports a threat>Tactical suggestion: report and investigate>Report sent>Tactical suggestion: use slave to infiltrate attack forceGesturing for him to lead them, the vahki began to prepare for the attack. Meanwhile Tanika, who had started to lead the Vahki, thought of the perfect rahi to copy, but he needed his mask so he drained the vahkis’ power> Warning! Low power, scanning for source of drain>source found: slave>Hypothesis: Slave is no longer enslaved.>Tactical suggestion: disable slave until further nooooticccccccce.The Vahki collapsed and Tanika retrieved his mask, he activated his mask and teleported to the toa of sonics who had freed him.However teleporting attracted the attention of the sniper, and as the pale beam swept toward Tanika and Velkarno it suddenly vanished, and seizing the opportunity, Tanika poured all the power he had absorbed into a disk and fired it at the sniper’s perch.Scratches had finished scaling the building and struck quickly (like he always does), lashing his bladed tail into a crucial component in the sniper’s rifle, putting it out of commission. The sniper, enraged, went to strike at the lizard that had damaged his just as a disk hit next to him electrocuting everything, and knocking the sniper unconscious.Satisfied, Scratches ran back to his owner.

IC: Song"Alright. I'm going to need to check back at the Coliseum soon, but for now, I can practice." The Toa stretched, and herself started doing a few simple tasks. Lifting boulders, for one.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: ProtoProto had made it to the chute station, and went in. He didn't know exactly why e was to inspect the Ga-Metru Port, but his master gave him orders, which he had to follow, and wanted to follow. He was built to serves and he loved his job.IC: ZacaxAaaaanndddd there! It was finally done. I grabbed my sword and helped myself up, and started to move a bit.

IC: Ayana, Le-MetruAyana nodded in quiet thanks, and then assumed a position on the floor, legs crossed and arms out.In a few moments, tendril-like vines burst through the stone and metal floor, wrapping around the Toa of Plantlife, incasing her lower half in a seconds. With equal speed, the vines covered the rest of her body, save her eyes and mouth. She looked bizarre, covered in the twisting vines, which were beginning to sprout leaves and flowers. To make things even stranger, the vines were made to allow movement, looking almost exactly like external muscules. Opening her eyes, Ayana grinned at Song, standing up as she did so, controlling the vines to come out of the earth and wrap around her feet and other areas they hadn't reached. Flexing her hand, Ayana spoke. "The plants are pretty heavy, but I can bear it for a few minutes. Cool trick, huh?"

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Exathia / Ga-Metru, Upper Archive Service TunnelsShe could see her home... the Matoran, running around through the canyon that the village had been built into. The slopes up along the sides that acted as roadways for trade caravans were filled as the caravan stopped outside, trading a few interesting stone carvings and carts of ore for vital food and medical supplies. She was sitting there, on a chair atop the villages central watchtower. The slight breeze that reached down into the canyon rushed across her face. Then, out of nowhere, a block of stone came flying towards her, knocking her from the tower and to the ground below, where she collided with the ground.Exathia was shocked awake by a combination of the short dream and the rumbling of the ground above that had been caused by the battle up on the surface. She realized she must have been knocked out from the fall for a few minutes, at least. Or hours. No, it couldn't have been nearly that long...the battle would have ended by then. They hadn't been prepared enough.She sat there, looking around. The area was dim, illuminated only be a few lightstones that were slowly dying - none of the Onu-Matoran caretakers were able to come this far, what with the Dark Hunters running amok. She considered taking out her own, but realized that would simply attract any number or Rahi - she could see just fine, so no reason to tempt fate any further.Now that she had finally left the battlefield, and had a moment, she tried her communicator. To her chagrin, the device couldn't receive a strong enough connection down here in the tunnels to connect to any of the chute stations - and the only way she would be able to help the others who were still up on the surface would be calling in for Vahki support in the Ga-Metru Chute Station. She needed to get moving - she needed to get out of here.Her first course of action needed to be repairing the damage she had taken. Luckily, it was mostly burns and bruises, but there were a few large cuts and cashes that she needed to bandage up. Perhaps the burns and bruises were also unlucky - there was little she could do to take care of them, other than taking out a syringe filled with medications to almost completely neutralize the pain. Sticking it through the gaps in her Toa armor, she felt the relief rushing over her almost instantaneously, closing her eyes to enjoy the last moment of the type she might feel in her life.Just in case, she took most of the remaining drug and filled it into a larger syringe, typically reserved for another medication entirely. If it came right down to it, and she was captured down here, she had it ready to go - she wouldn't let the Hunters take her alive for interrogation. Even then, better to die here in these tunnels then end up as one of their prisoners.Finally, she stood up once more and began her trek through the tunnels, praying to Mata-Nui she could find a way out.OOC: This covers a little over ten minutes time, so there could be an interruption at any point.IC: Velkarno / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeVelkarno looked up as another Toa suddenly popped up next to him. If Tanika looked at him, he wouldn't see much of the damage - however, on the reverse side, the bard had metal shards embedded across his back. Thinking quickly, be began to up the beat to his rhythm and began singing in an older, quite melodic language that Tanika couldn't possibly understand. Maybe there was hope.Hmm. They were outnumbered still, dozens of Hunters and Vahki to each Toa left standing. Nope, they were doomed.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Ketren, ArchivesKetren walked through the many tunnels that made up the Archives. He passed hundreds of different types of Rahi as they were showcased in suspended animation. Ketren paid them no mind; he wasn’t here to look at Rahi specimens. He was here to find other Hunters who could lead him to a battle.Ketren was just itching to sink his flame-swords into an enemy, and he was willing to do just about anything for a good fight. As he walked through the tunnels of the archives, his crimson eyes were cast around him ready for any ambush in case some Toa had been hiding out in the massive place.Soon he came upon a massive Hunter who was carrying a figure through the tunnels; he had to crouch down to fit through the Toa sized tunnels, while Ketren could walk through them at ease.“Do you know where any battles are going on? I want to kill some Toa.” Ketren said as his hand tightened over the handle of his blade. As he spoke he reached up and adjusted his Pakari. He wasn’t sure how the hunter would react to him, since he was a Toa, though obviously not a normal one since his Pakari was pitted with scars.OC: He’s talking to Darkon, hope this works.

IC (Amerikos, Ga-metru): The vines began to twist and wind, wrapping themselves around Amerikos. He fell, barely missing the volley of disks and sniper fire that came from the hunter's positions in the walls. He focused, and a crude metal blade formed against his forearm. He moved it up and down, cutting himself free from the vines that held him. He rose to a crouch, and continued to move. Almost to the houses, Amerikos. Just get to the houses.(Xeno, Onu-Metru): "Am I?" Xeno asked, lazily spinning his disk launcher on his finger. "We both know Lhikan doesn't stand a chance against us dark hunters. One toa means nothing to us. Besides, he can't see what he can't hit." he looked over the other hunter, and made a face, one that would be unrecognizable to any but his race. "Then call me insane."(Boxon, Ta-Wahi): Boxon jumped out of the chute station, quickly saluted the guards, and walked over to Lhikan. "So what now?" he asked.-GB

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: (Crossfire)A soft glow caught his eye. He craned his neck back over his shoulder, and from his upside-down point of view, he was alarmed to see the Toa’s mask glowing. He dropped to the floor with a solid thud, twisting to land on his two feet, and quickly closed the gap between him and the Toa’s cell.“Your mask, what is it doing?” He demanded. He was actually more curious than anything. His initial alarm had settled once he sensed no imminent danger. IC: Lhikan (Ta-Metru Chute Station)“Now,” Lhikan answered the Calix-wearing Toa without looking away from the large street map that was posted on the Chute Station wall, memorizing what needed memorized. “Now we move out.”To those present, he pointed to a long stretch of the map. “This is a Matoran neighborhood, it’s evacuated though. Right here,” He pointed, “Is our point of entry, since we know it’s secure. It's under a Matoran Utility building about seven blocks northwest from here. There is a generator room we will be entering into, one of the rooms housing the machines that feed the Matoran homes with energy. That room will also serve as our hideout.” He surveyed his troops. There weren’t that many of them, they would fit comfortably. “From there, I’m going to be sending out scouts and they will be laying tripwires and vibration sensors with this,” He held up a tightly wound spool of iron thread. “And while the scouts are at it, the rest of us will be disabling the generators underneath the evacuated Matoran houses and other buildings to save power for those who need it and to keep it out of the Hunter’s control. Are we clear?”

IC: Darkon, Archives Darkon paused for a moment, thinking. "No... I've been busy capturing this Toa," He said to Ketren, gesturing to Revax with his head. "So I'm afraid I can't help you on the matter of battle locations." He finished, showing a surprising amount of intelligence. IC: Wilnoth, Archives"Lhikan fights like a Kaita." Wilnoth hissed. "And he's never alone. Always Toa group around him, awed by his presence." He continued, twirling his sword. "It won't work. Believe me, I've tried." He finished cryptically, sheathing his sword.IC: Le-Metru Vahki FactoryKrokk, Mala, and Grontak, disgused as crates of memory crystals, reached the fortress-like structure known as the Vahki Factory. The Vahki were one of the Protectorate's most valuable weapons, and, of course, they were not left unguarded.Before the Dark Hunters could simply be placed in the heart of the Factory, they, like every single object that came through the chutes, was checked by a pair of Toa, a female Toa of Sonics, and a male Toa of Plasma.Unfortunately for Krokk & Co, the De-Toa was wearing a Rode.Blinking once in surprise, the Toa pointed a finger at them as if this was something that had never happened to her. Regaining her wits, she fired a burst of sonic energy from the afore-mentioned finger, one that would create a tremendous amount of noise when it made physical contact with the Hunters, effectively shattering Mala's concentration, and destroying the illusion.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Ketren, Archives“Blast.” Ketren muttered, his crimson eyes narrowing. “Good work though.” He said motioning to the Toa. He placed his blades on his back and then continued on through the Archives, thinking silently as he moved. Some time later he came to an exit of the archives, he could see the city outside beyond the end of the tunnel. He approached the exit and nodded to the two Hunter guards, the Vortixx and the other guard watched him as he approached.“Ketren, I’m going Toa hunting.” He said with a grin behind his mask. They nodded and allowed him to pass. He wondered what they thought about a Toa hunting his own species, but in Ketren’s eyes he no longer was a Toa, he was a mercenary, a Dark Hunter, he didn’t stand for unity, duty or justice any longer. He moved through the streets of Onu-Metru, looking for signs of movement, and or battle. Perhaps he would go to Po-Metru, he’d heard that Dark Hunters were gathering there.

OOC: Okay, Protectorate soldiers at the Port Strike... I advise a hasty retreat. Like soon. Tanika, with Fader bull powers you could assumedly beat some retreat, but not far considering the low lighting, lack of sight. However, the sea is an option, even though Lithus is cut off from the main force, which is scattered as well...Zyke, I believe you control Korvus, correct? I'm currently waiting on a reply from him; he is being attacked by a lightning skakdi.IC - Rahkan:The toa of iron sighed heavily."It's either turning into a glowworm, turning you mind to mush, making the sea devour you, or make the ship turn to pulp. Take your pick as to what you want to believe," he said, his voice laden with sarcastic bitterness.GM - Port Strike:The vine lashed, slamming into Amerikos's back and sending him stumbling to the ground to far from where Valkarno and Tanika were. Elemental blasts tore the ground apart around them, eyebeams slashed through the night sky, and disks and loyalty beams peppered them. It was evident to them and to their attackers that they were vastly outmatched; they could either flee, or die, or by some miracle survive by fighting.

IC: Ko-Metru Chute StationSummus and Fodio had returned to Metru Nui only the night before and they were already helping in the war effort. Fodio was off... somewhere? Maybe underground? Maybe?Summus was going with Leto to a mission in Ko-Metru. It sounded like a good idea at the time. Sending the two strongest Toa Cado on a mission together.Well maybe?"Hey brother." called Leto his over sounded tired and unenthusiastic as he spoke to Nidhiki. "Me and my bro are here to help."IC: Ta-Metru Chute Center"Understood." replied Valeo to Lhikan. He was anxious for the mission.

OOC: Velkarno doesn't have any powers meant to get him out of there.Of note, neither of my characters were particularly useful in that battle, as both were intended as primarily support units that were supposed to be with the main force administering support. There weren't very many people to support, however, and those that were there had no leader figure leading them - the leader figure that was there pulled the only medic out of the battleI believe Naho set this all up on purpose, and may be a traitor to the Protectorate cause. She agreed to duel the Skakdi because the two of them knew it was only way to make it seem like she was participating in the battle, and they knew that one Skakdi missing wouldn't be a major loss. As only a few Vahki were permanently lost, and many of them were simply drained of electricity by Tanika instead of overloaded, they can simply be recharged (which is why I suggested overloading in the first place - not to mention how much easier it would be to perform, even if it cost more elemental power). So, maybe one or two Skakdi died in the attack. And they were just mercenaries anyways. On the other hand, a group of some six, seven Toa is killed off, or forced to flee badly injured. Naho is left alone, and is written off dead as a war hero while she joins the Hunters.This is what they call a curb stomp battle and... I really need to stop these unnecessarily long posts.IC: Truahkia / Ta-Metru, Chute StationTruahkia appeared in the room a few seconds before Lhikan began talking, moving to the strategy table and looking at what the Toa of Fire had prepared."I'm missing something here - where are these scouts being sent, exactly? The rooms above, or the tunnels below - if the later, are they forming it around the perimeter, or actually being sent into the midst of the Hunter forces?"OOC: He speaks for the user.[/TRON]IC: Velkarno / Ga-Metru, Port StrikeEventually, as the attacks came back in full force, Velkarno drew his rapier and buckler and stood. It hurt - more than anything he had ever felt before, it hurt. His entire body ached, and his back was still covered in bloodied, metal shards. But that wasn't going to be it for him. No, the heroes of stories never simply sat down. They never resigned themselves to death.He looked around. There were Hunters in the fort ahead, with Vahki in the air and ground, and Skakdi joining them on the later. He also could have sworn he saw a flying Skakdi, but that might have been his mind playing tricks on him. On the other side of the field, there were still Vahki, and also a number of Dark Hunters. There was making a go for the sea, but there could be water Skakdi in the group, and with that they wouldn't get far. If Naho was still with them, perhaps.... but she wasn't. Even then, he might not make the distance.No... that wouldn't work. But he could do something else. Something to make those water users negligible.He looked to Tanika and said, "Get as many to the water as you can, or just out of the field - run!"Standing up as tall as he could manage, he advanced past the small bits of rubble he was using as a barricade, charging up a massive blast of sonics energy within. As the buildup began to increased beyond the point that he could stop it from simply tearing him to shreds, he released in a power scream that ripped the entire battlefield before him apart, the force of it enough to shatter the nearby Vahki or send the Skakdi who were there (perhaps Naho as well, he couldn't be sure) at the far end flying from the force of the blast. At the very least, it would be completely deafening, and scramble most of the sensors used by the Vahki there.For everybody behind him, particularly Tanika, it would be merely the loudest sound they had ever heard - loud enough to deafen them for a while, that was sure, but it would wear off. The blast was controlled and focused in the single cone going forwards with what little focus Velkarno could give to it. Of course, that cone had to include its creator, and as a Toa of Sonics, Velkarno hit he ground hard from the force.Vision began to return, fuzzily at first, as the bard looked to the field ahead. It looked like the rubble and the like before him had cleared. Perfect.He stood then, gathering himself as he looked at the fort. Finally, he raised his rapier. Amplifying his voice with his sonic abilities, he let out a long battle cry. He wasn't going to die sitting and singing - he was going to die like the legends of old. On this day, he was going to meet Mata-Nui. And with that knowledge, he found some comfort, some peace, in what he was doing. And so, Velkarno charged, tossing off sonic bolts to the side and at the Skakdi and any remaining Vahki. He wasn't doing it very efficiently, but with the limited surprise he had it would be of some effect. With his long cries and displays, he was drawing as much attention to himself as he possibly could. Diverting attacks towards him, to hopefully make it easier for others to get away.Velkarno charged into oblivion, his fate accepted, and a song being hummed on the tip of his tongue.OOC: The term Fus would be appropriate here for the third major paragraph.This is the last post I'm going to make with Velkarno. He's going to die (I'm not going to bring him back to life/reveal he lived at a later point), so I want it to stay as ambiguous as it is. If you need to clarify it, though, then whatever.Everybody run now!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: (Crossfire Ship)Tilting his head at the peculiar Toa of Iron, he pressed his own animalistic mask against the bars, peering at the Toa. “I don’t believe any of those things, since nothing is happening.”He began climbing the bars of the cell like rungs of a ladder. “Believe it or not, this is a mask too,” He gave a nod with his Kanohi. “It’s a Kanohi Pehkui, I bet you never would have guessed.”To emphasize his point, he furrowed his brow in concentration and began shrinking himself down in size as he reached the ceiling once again. Clinging upside down, he crawled easily through the bars into the adjoining cell to the Toa’s. “Do you wish you had a mask that could free you?”He didn’t ask to be malicious, he wanted to know. He’d never personally been imprisoned, and his curiosity was getting the better of him. Surely, prison guards weren’t so talkative normally.

IC: ProtoProto was in a chute to Ga-Metu, his wings both helped him and hampered his progress.IC: ZacaxI walked around my forge, holding on to something when I almost fell. It was hard but hey, I needed to get used to it.

IC: Tanika port strikeThe Toa’s sacrifice would not be in vain, Tanika channelled all his power in to his mask and, copying a Shore Turtle, Tanika flew forward faster then anyone could see grabbing every toa he could find and dropping them off in the water, out of range of the Dark Hunters (to everyone else they just saw a blur and then found themselves in the water. As he dropped off the last toa (whch happened to be Naho, unconscious from the power scream) , Tanika zoomed back and found Velkarno’s lute with Scratches sitting nearby wondering where his master had went, scooping them both up Tanika flew off to the sea. Just before he got to the water an Increase Weight hit him by chance, making him to heavy to fly, luckily the vahki who fired the disc wasn’t aiming at him and didn’t notice that it hit Tanika. Using that to his advantage Tanika crawled into the water and swam to the rest of the toa. “Anyone with healing powers should get to work. Is that everyone?” Tanika asked.OOC: Could everyone who is still alive in the port strike please tell me. Also Tanika grabbed pretty much everyone so unless your character is dead or hiding Tanika grabbed them.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI