Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Precentus / Onu-Metru"For now he's nestled in one of those fissures leading into the archives. The circular ones that are usually sealed. This one was jammed open, though any good mechanic could fix that. For now it allows him clear ability to fly out. And as for how close he is to the Chute Station, or our bases... not close. At least, for him. Unless he forgot to mention shrinking abilities."Realizing Aclaraung was probably still listening in his head, he asked to the sky, "You can't shrink, can you?"Not waiting for an answer, he continued, "The tunnels would take hours for him, minutes for us. Convenient, until he wants to meet the family. Which could go very badly until his terms are met."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC-Aclaraung:"I have no wish to move on to one of the chute stations," he growled mentally to Precentus. "Not unless I feel it needed."Though he hadn't moved, Aclaraung could already feel some of his scales start to itch with every heartbeat, the spaces between those and others starting to widen as they moved more on his body, and the Dragon growled slightly."Make sure I can get a good supply of soft metals, as well."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Precentus / Onu-MetruPrecentus looked up once more - though it didn't really matter, since his voice was that of his mind, not his body, and he was only doing this for Lariska's sake."Yes, you might not desire a Chute Station. But once we have one routed, nothing would do better to intimidate our enemies than one of them. Not to mention the central point would give you free range to pick off any survivors. Or perhaps you would prefer to rest in the heart of the Great Furnace?""Meals are in abundance here, of course. Tell me, Lariska, do you recall the Kikanalo herds in Po-Metru? Or perhaps captive Matoran as tribute. Feeding you Matoran would only make you scarier. That was directed at the Dragon, by the way, but you might want to start doing it too. Though I can't imagine you'd enjoy the taste."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

GM - Coliseum:Dume's gaze flitted over the faces of the toa council for a moment before he began his speaking."Your brother, Nidhiki, has recently returned from a scouting mission to Ko Metru, and his discoveries are the basis for this emergency meeting," he began."The knowledge towers are not storehouses, rather they house a mysterious anti-air cannon, defended well; the scouts had to flee swiftly. However, there is one essential thing Nidhiki noticed: three knowledge towers were laid next to it like one would lay replacement shells, and on the cannon were six stones, glowing stones. There is only one thing they can be; toa stones, or something of like principle."Some of the toa looked puzzled, but others grasped the meaning, and he could tell their discomfort."The knowledge towers are built out of crystal, the stuff of toa seals, and the cannon is armed with toa power, the seal of toa prisons. This gives the weapon a power extremely deadly power; whatever it hits, it captures. In this aspect, it is directed at the sky." He paused to give his words time to sink in."None of our airship defenses will be proof against these attacks. Artillery we can handle. This? Not at all. If we come into their sights, we shall be destroyed."

IC-Kal:"Then stealth is the answer," Kal said, revealing himself to the group.GM IC: Lhikan (Council Chamber):"I would have to agree with Kal, here," Lhikan replied. "If we can't defeat them head on, we'll have to come at them from other angles, and destroying them from behind their own lines is a great tactic-if pulled off well. Stealth and Deception are our best weapons."

profiles i guess

IC: Truahkia / Ta-Metru Chute Station (Outdoors)The Toa of Magnetism leaned against the wall on the outside of the Chute Station gates, getting a little more of the fresh outdoors before they finished closing everything up for the night. The Ta-Metru mission had not gone well for him. One of the Hunters had gotten the drop on him while he was covering his assigned partner.That wasn't the problem, of course. He had made use of his mirror to teleport behind the hunter and put a crossbow bolt through the back of his leg, crippling him most likely for life. No, he wasn't the problem at all. The problem was the swarm of Furnace Salamanders that came pouring into the tunnel afterwards. He could still feel the burning bites of the beasts, and was thankful he was able to 'encourage' them to get away before any more came.Of course, them dragging away the crippled and restrained Hunter was bad. But you live with things like that. Honestly, he didn't do much to try to get him back - he was quite content to know somebody else felt his Salamander induced pain.When he got back, he considered enlisting with the Protectorate proper for some medical help. In the end, though, he just walked it off.Though it still itched like Karz....OOC: Is it safe to say they lock the Chute Stations up at night, or are they open all day long?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: I'm going to wait to give Solaris a chance to catch up before posting again as B8, Lev.IC: LariskaNighttimeArchives, Onu-MetruLariska made a face. "If we strike a deal, he can dine on Matoran of the Protectorate as he wishes. I'll neither feed them to him nor eat them myself. Now, how far are we from him?"

OOC: I know. :PIC: Precentus / Onu-Metru"Just up the next staircase and then a while longer. It took me a while to find you - the Archives are a big place, and being in the lower levels did no help. Luckily I didn't have to pass the Fikou Web, and Great Beings help anybody who does wind up in that labyrinth.""And I dunno. I think a video of you eating Matoran would be quite terrifying for all involved, including most of the Hunters."Before she could reply - and just barely, but in his age, he had gotten good at judging when people would react - he chuckled and said, "But I kid. I can't imagine that the flavor would be satisfactory. At least, not for me. Not after that incident where the Brotherhood hired a few of us to hunt a rogue Visorak nest. I think that's where the Shadowed One got his venom for the Hordika Dragons, but I don't remember anymore."OOC: One of the initial things I was going to say got me thinking - why is Lariska's arm mechanical in her profile? I had always assumed her punishment - the arm being lost - was for failing to take Metru-Nui. Meh, I dunno, and I don't care.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: I'm assuming that her punishment occurred before she was made The Shadowed One's second-in-command, and considering she has already been promoted in Strike from the Shadows' canon, it follows that she would have lost her arm already.IC: LariskaNighttimeArchives, Onu-MetruLariska said nothing, only concentrating on placing one foot before the other. Despite the regular placement of lightstones along the walls, the shadows of this tunnel were deep. The staircase Precentus had mentioned was half-covered by gloom; Lariska climbed it with caution."Why did he come to us instead of the Protectorate?" she questioned.

OOC: I understood it as 'Ancient is my second-in-command, but he's not a leader, and you are, so if I die you take my place, but first take that city'.IC: Precetnus / Onu-Metru"He didn't initially." he replied. "But the Protectorate are not as accepting of sentient consumption as we are, and refused to let him join their main armies, where he could enact revenge on certain individuals.""Also, the little coward Dume refused to meet with him directly. Not that he doesn't have any reason to fear. We haven't even sent our best Hunter after him yet."Precentus was, of course, referring to Lariska. While not the time to be a sycophant, he respected power, and those who held it. And she managed to do so without having any of her own.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Kal:"Then stealth is the answer," Kal said, revealing himself to the group.GM IC: Lhikan (Council Chamber):"I would have to agree with Kal, here," Lhikan replied. "If we can't defeat them head on, we'll have to come at them from other angles, and destroying them from behind their own lines is a great tactic-if pulled off well. Stealth and Deception are our best weapons."
GM - Dume:The left hand of Dume had swiftly risen to point at the newcomer, and Dume barely reined himself in."Who are you?" he snapped. "What are you doing in this meeting?"His arm remained pointing at the intruder.

IC: Tanika Le-MetruTanika got off the chute and started to ask around about his matoran friends.OOC: they lived in a garden in a secluded area of Le-Metru and left a few weeks before the war started.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Precentus / Onu-Metru"It's amusing," Precentus said. "Just how hypocritical they are. And always have been. Still, it's fortunate for us they hide behind their little code and system of honor. The experiences I've had dealing with those who don't follow usually do not end well.""Of course, that's only when they get a chance to use them."OOC: Levacius sleeps with his eyes open so everybody thinks he's awake, which makes people iffy about going in. It's really unnerving for everybody involved. I wish I could do that.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

GM:Outside of Metru Nui, the world was not ignoring the situation totally. The war had ground to a halt for the most part, with both sides recuperating, and little fighting besides a few skirmishes going on.But the Dark Hunters rarely, if ever, were willing to let an impasse stay, and so as the Protectorate prepared for the next stage, the Dark Hunters outside of Metru Nui were hard at work. Secretly of course, so that no word of the powers they were gathering could reach The city.

IC-Kal:"Well, seeing as my main job is gaining information, and this looks like something that would have a bit of useful information..." Kal shrugged."I like being where important things are happening. Right now, this is the most important thing that seems to be happening, so I decided to jump in."

profiles i guess

IC-Kal:"Well then, there's a simple enough way to fix that: Make me a part of the council." Kal shrugged."I fail to see why that's hard to figure out. I go on enough high-profile intelligence gathering missions as it is, I may as well be a part of this council." Then he thought for a moment, and nodded slightly."Oh, I've listened in on the last couple of high council meetings as well, if you don't mind my saying."

profiles i guess

IC-Kal:"Of course," Kal said, as he activated his mask, dropping from sight. Everybody would then hear Kal's footsteps as he walked over to the door, opened it, seemingly walked out, and then slammed the door-afterwards, his steps continued until they got far enough away, seemingly, that they couldn't be heard."Welp, now that he's left, it's time for your daily haunting," Kal said, taking on a different pitch, tone, and accent in order to mess with the others.

profiles i guess

GM - Dume:The turaga had remained staring at the spot where Kal was for a time, evidently more than a little irked by the interruption. "Welp, now that he's left, it's time for your daily haunting."He Was inclined to look around to see who had spoken, but the location of the sound stopped him in his tracks. Reaching out, he felt the heat in that particular area. "And who is standing in the doorway, still?" he asked, his voice sounding rather tired.

GM IC: Lhikan (Council Room)"Probably not," Lhikan said with a sigh, then his voice become more authoritative."Kal. Leave. Now," he commanded. The door was opened and then shut a second time, and he could actually feel Kal's heat source leave the room as he turned back to Dume."Continue, please," he said.

profiles i guess

IC: Ko-MetruThe Toa Cado were n a mission to find Leto and they just found him. He was out in the open and stood nearby a sordid Dark Hunter.Fodio and Summus charged forward but they were flash frozen and then shattered by Leto. Their bodies and all their possessions destroyed. The mask that was once on Fodio's face had once belonged to a Makuta. It smoked and sizzled as it was destroyed. A blast of cold was sent at it to make sure it was destroyed."At last that fool Makuta's mask is gone." Said Leto, his voice sounded downright horrible."How could you do that! You fiend!" Screamed Syre as she started to cry."You traitor!" Shouted Valeo."You are the traitors. You abandon me. After that swamp all of you just left me. You went your own ways. You all forgot about me." Replied Leto.Mora charged Leto but he too was flash frozen and shattered. The scream he released as he died was terrifying.The sordid Dark Hunter chuckled. "Feels good huh? You will make a good Dark Hunter, Leto.""No!" Screamed Leto defiantly. "I will not be like you."The Dark Hunter's facial expression was one of shock as Leto flash froze him too. A single well placed punch shattered him too.Syre had enough, she charged Leto. Her axe cleaved his mask in half. He screamed as he smashed her face in. Pieces of her mask dug into his hand.This whole time Valeo had been crying as his friends died. He had been unable to move against Leto. They had been friends for many years but he had killed his four other friends. Valeo ran at Leto. Before Leto could react his head had been cut clean off by Valeo's dagger.Tears streamed down Valeo's face. All his friends killed. In such a short time, all of them.He would labor for many hours. He burned the sordid Dark Hunter's body. It might be war but he didn't deserve that. He then gathered all his friend's remains and burned them too. The entire time tears streamed down his face, staining it. He even burned his prized dagger, it no longer held a good meaning for him.He had failed them twice. Once on that swampy island and again on Metru Nui. He should have kept the team together and this would have never happened.After that horrible mess was clean. He left. He walked to his home Le-Metru. Somehow he avoided being spotted by the Dark Hunters.He would climb up to the highest drop he could find. He whispered his goodbyes and jumped. His eyes closed and he died before he hit the ground. His armor and mask shattered as he hit the ground. The strange parasite would die soon after, unable to find a new host.And so ends the story of the Toa Cado.OOC: Thanks for letting me play. It was fun. But I lost interest. Sorry.

OOC: That's your longest self-character genocide yet, Paragon.IC: Exathia / Ga-Metru Chute Station ~ Warehouse, w/QuartermasterExathia walked into one of the rooms of the many warehouse's of the chute station - this one marked :1::3: - and began looking around at the numerous crates and stacked up supplies. Mostly dried rations for the coming days ahead, and a few powerless masks salvaged from Ta-Metru in a few of them to help any Matoran that were taken out. And some Toa, she presumed, if a Great or Noble mask wasn't even an option.As she moved through, she came to the central desk, where the Ta-Toa quartermaster leaned against the table and was checking off a few items from a list. "How is it that I could help you, ma'am?" he asked.She stopped at the desk and asked, "Do you know if there are any excess masks here for storage?""A few." he said, grimly. "Mostly the spares from other Toa. Three of them were brought in after a medical ship got shot down over the Ko-Metru/Onu-Metru border while trying to transport supplies to a group of Toa and Vahki positioned in Po-Metru. And a few of the really good mask makers like Nuhrii are still putting masks out. But still, we've only got four Great Kanohi in present storage, and possibly a few Noble ones. But I don't know the number.""While I was out on the field..." she said. "I found myself....""Look, I apologize, but I do have a job and inventory." he replied. "If you wish to give a long and solemn speech about something, become an actress. Find that bard guy and do a stage performance.""I don't think he made it." she replied. "He was the only one who could have made the power scream, and if he did.... they would have targeted him for sure.""Oh." he said. "That's a shame. I always liked some of his songs... Karz'd Dark Hunters, they won't even stop at a singer. No conception of honorable battle tactics. Just tell me what you need, though, so I can get back to work.""Any kind of mask to help heal and repair. Regeneration, Healing... pretty much anything would do, I think."He flipped a few pages in the book that he had and moved to a list of Kanohi. He went down the five or so listed and said. "Sure, we have one Mask of Healing. For now. But it's marked as reserved for any healers, medics, and the like. We can't just hand it out to any-""I'm a battle medic." Exathia said, stopping him once again. "I've been using a supply kit, for lack of anything better. But if you have a mask, Mata-Nui I could use it.""Alright." the quartermaster replied as he turned around and opened up a sealed safe behind him. She figured it had at least thirty locks.After about ten minutes, three of which were unlocking the safe and the rest waiting for the mechanism to allow itself to open after a period of time, he came back with the mask. The safe door closed behind him, and all of the locks immediately went into effect again. They took keeping the masks safe seriously."Before you get this, I need you to say truthfully that you are a Toa, working for the Protectorate, are a battle medic, and give me your name.""My name is Exathia, battle medic of the Metru-Nui Protectorate. I am a Toa of Stone from the Southern Continent." she answered.He looked over a computer list, his mask glowing slightly in the process. "Alright." he said. "You're cleared. Take this mask and put it to good use."She gratefully took the mask and said, "Thank you." as she turned, looking over the Kanohi. It had been shaped somewhat like a hybrid between numerous masks, as if trying to make the friendliest looking Kanohi. She figured it was to give somebody a little bit of comfort as they sat there screaming while you used your mask powers on their leg.Placing the mask over her face, she alternated to her normal Hau and kept walking, heading back to the main HQ and awaiting a mission. If there was none to give, she would probably just head out to one of the far off camps and see what they needed.OOC: I figure since Vakama had no memory of the Kanohi Dragon, Mata-Nui must have created him sometime recently to the Bionicle canon, or he immigrated from somewhere to the south. However, Nuhrii originally trained him, so he's probably around right now. As is Takua, since he was set into Metru-Nui around the time slip, but he wasn't a mask maker. Jaller, who knows.

IC: Monik Po-MetruMonic walked along with the scorpion, hoping that this mission would scare the enemies of Mata-Nui into surrendering. "How long until we reach our destination?" Monik asked the leader of the group.OOC: Does any one mind if Monik just jumps in here

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Merla (fountains of wisdom, Ga-Wahi)The toa of water moved through Ga-Metru.OOC Open for interaction. I'm ProtectorateIC: Skaaraa (Towers of Thought, Ko-Metru)A white, bat-like rahi flew between the towers. It surveyed its environment from the top of one of the towers, and then, shapeshifted into a toa of gravity wearing a mahiki. "Merla isn't here," he thought, as he turned back into the bat and leapt from the rooftop.OOC: Open for interaction. Skaaraa's neutral, but is currently hunting one of the members of the protectorate, so he will probably work better with dark hunters.

IC: VoramusAs he was walking through Ga-Metru, Voramus noticed Merla, a Toa. Being a Dark Hunter, he generally took a Toa to mean the Protectorate, and went to observe. As he neared her, he asked "Who are you, and what is your alignment?"

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: VoramusVoramus knew that a Toa of water could be dangerous, especially around a large amount of water, so he was not unprepared. When he saw the water coming at him, he dodged to the side, ducking in the process, to avoid the water.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: I'm not really sure, though there are none in Ga-Metru.IC: VoramusSeeing the Toa running, Voramus pursued, hoping to catch her before she could escape.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: DANGIT!!! Ok, where's the nearest one in either Po-Metru or Ta-MetruIC: MerlaMerla kept on running. She decided to soak her feet, leaving footprints wherever she went. Then, when she turned a corner, she dried her feet, leaped onto the roof, and made a decoy out of water with wet feet shaped like hers. She then proceeded to jump from rooftop to rooftop.