Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Valyet: The Tow of Lightning responded with a thumbs up, only to slip out of the chute, falling down to the ground. She grabbed onto the edge of one of the numerous towers, using the momentum to flip her upright. She looked back at the chute, waiting if the Vahki's would follow.

IC: Inéha (Onu-Metru Chute Station to Coliseum)The Toa of Psionics stumbled into view of the Chute Station, a Toa fortress now."I hate chutes," She grumbled, more to herself than to the semi-conscious Toa of Sonics by her side on the telekinetic stretcher.There was a small commotion at the entrance, and she vaguely recognized two Toa from the battle in streets Onu-Metru. From what she could tell, the guards were being difficult. Again."Out of my way," She didn't slow her brisk pace as she neared them. "I have a Toa who needs medical attention right away. Let me through.""Identification is needed," One guard said, almost mechanically."Toa Inéha, Metru Nui Protectorate, with Toa Eyra," She said firmly, since it was the only way to get by the guards without a hassle. "But it's gonna be Toa Inéha with a body bag soon, if you don't let me through. I need to get to the Coliseum."The guards exchanged glances and nodded at each other ever so slightly, like their own not-so-coded language. Inéha didn't wait for them to move aside, she didn't need them to in order to get by."They're with me," She added, jerking her head at the two Toa, a Toa of Fire and a Toa of Stone, and they were hauling an unconsious Dark Hunter, the one from the street fight. Bringing him in for questioning, most likely.She made her way brisquely through the desolate chute station, the only sound were the echoing footfalls."Eyra, my friend, this will be interesting," She chuckled without humor again and leapt into the magnetized Protodermis flow, manuvering the telekinetic stretcher in behind her.OOC: Inéha, Eyra (With Zarayna's permission) and whomever else is coming, to the Coliseum.IC: Lhikan

IC: Anthros looked at Lhikan. "What is our plan, and when do we start?" he asked.
"For now," He was explaining. "In Ta-Metru, all we're doing is sending a scout, a pre-emptive observationist. And then once we know that the tunne-""Medic! We need a medic!" Hoarse shouting from one of the main enterances of the Coliseum cut the Toa of Fire off. "Inéha!" He exclaimed. The tough, bright Toa of Psionics had come to Metru Nui in the beginning stages of the War from a small, Toa filled island. Since then, she'd earned the attentions of the commanders with her dedicated attitude and sheer efficiencey on missions, rising in unspoken rank. With a few quick hand gestures, Lhikan dispatched two Toa from the small crowd to relieve the Toa of Psionics of her charge."What happened?" He demanded. "In Onu-Metru, I was on patrol. And everything was fine, everything was normal until literally, I turned around to head back for my report here. That's when things went downhill." And Lhikan nodded as the Ce-Toa relayed the events of recently. She'd picked up a small band of Toa and taken them towards the Chute Station, but they were besought by Dark Hunters. Inéha also suggested that a back up team be sent to see if there were still Toa who needed help. Still nodding, Lhikan then explained the two scouting missions; the Ta-Metru subterranean venture in the making and how the scouts from Ko-Metru needed protection that only Psionics Toa could provide. And as one Toa had pointed out, Psionics was not the most common element around. He needed Toa he could trust on the mission, one of them he had in mind was Nidhiki. "Tell me, Inéha, have you ever been to Ko-Metru?"

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru (upper Archive levels)As the shaft raised to its highest level, Reaper headed over to an old computer terminal used primarily to catalogue archive exhibits. It was one of the few that was still operational here, with a lot having been destroyed by other, dumber Hunters for scrap, or being used by the higher authority. This was one of the few nobody bothered with using.He set Ian down, and began looking for whatever connector cords he would need to get the AI sphere plugged into the terminal. He needed to get into his knowledge database.OOC: Took a bad time to go absent. Totally lost here.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: IanI move around, trying to get out. The plug is so obvious! It's right there, in front of him! "Oi! The plug's that little circular hole on the front. Just pull me out of this and plug me in!"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru (Upper Archives)The Dark Hunter silently plugged Ian into the computer, before giving the command, "Open your knowledge databanks. Show everything you know, AI."IC: Truahkia & Exathia / ColiseumTruahkia stood off to the side as more and more Toa came rushing into the Coliseum, asking if they could provide assistance. There were, what? Half a dozen of them, newcomers. There was obviously important matters to be discussed, and instead of waiting like members of a trained civilization, they were rushing up to the leader of the city and making a big scene.Uncomfortably, the Toa operative looked around the room. With all of these people here, a Dark Hunter would be in danger of being caught and either captured or killed, by one of these inane novices. He glanced around the corners of the room, and inspected the Toa within. There could be a shapeshifter in their midst... no, he was being paranoid. But a little healthy paranoia is called healthy for a good reason.Now they had reports of Dark Hunters in Onu-Metru. Not that it came as a surprise, seeing as they were based there, after all. It was just another mission gone bad, and should be counted as such. This Ineha, as they called her, had better be good if it's such a commotion about her appearance.Exathia was quite uncomfortable being here. She had come on board a small clipper that docked to the south. The leader of that expedition reported to those in charge of the military here and filled out some forms on who they were, and they were told what to do and went off on their separate ways. She had never been in one of these Coliseum meetings, and it just seemed a bit strange. She felt quite out of place in such a large city, and this was the most imposing part of it all.The discussion about the tunnels, and Ko-Metru, and all of these plans came as across as news to her. And somewhat unsettling - she couldn't even see Nidihki, who she knew as a leader of this ragtag army (and had seen on the battlefield). Worse, it didn't seem like anyone had plans beyond just heading out and getting people killed.OOC: It strikes me as odd that people are just walking up to Turaga Dume, who is in charge of the entire city, and begging for something to do. Is there any form of military hierarchy in place here? Like 'report to Sergeant Flamey McFire down by the docks for your assignment' or anything? It seems like Triglax or another shapeshifter - heck, a Skakdi with shapeshifting for a power - could just sneak in here and take out Dume or Lhikan before they got to use any of their weapons or powers. Or maybe a defected Toa. And there's people asking for volunteers when the best plan for scouts is 'people with Kakamas'. Send in mind controlled Rahi. Maybe a few Vahki hit with Shrink Disks.Maybe I'm over analyzing this, but it just seems like it's just going to be typical "charge in, fight, take the tunnel" instead of the whole "use intelligence, sneak around, etc." that this RPG had hyped up. Or are the Dark Hunters the smart ones?In that case I switch allegiance to avoid the Good is Dumb stereotype.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesReaper looked at the files inquisitively. As he had no idea what cake was, he decided to start by opening the Cake Recipe.txt file, thinking it may be some form of new poison or medicine. Or poisonous medicine.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Ian"Ooh, that tickles!"

• 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can prepared coconut–pecan frosting 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour

Don't forget garnishes such as:

• Fish-shaped crackers
  • Fish-shaped candies
  • Fish-shaped solid waste
  • Fish-shaped dirt
  • Fish-shaped ethylbenzene
  • Pull-and-peel licorice
  • Fish-shaped volatile organic compounds and sediment-shaped sediment
  • Candy-coated peanut butter pieces (shaped like fish)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • Alpha resins
  • Unsaturated polyester resin
  • Fiberglass surface resins and volatile malted milk impoundments
  • 9 large egg yolks
  • 12 medium geosynthetic membranes
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • An entry called: "How to Kill Someone with Your Bare Hands"
  • 2 cups rhubarb, sliced
  • 2/3 cups granulated rhubarb
  • 1 tbsp. all-purpose rhubarb
  • 1 tsp. grated orange rhubarb
  • 3 tbsp. rhubarb, on fire
  • 1 large rhubarb
  • 1 cross borehole electromagnetic imaging rhubarb
  • 2 tbsp. rhubarb juice
  • Adjustable aluminum head positioner
  • Slaughter electric needle injector
  • Cordless electric needle injector
  • Injector needle driver
  • Injector needle gun
  • Cranial caps

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Karorahk and his rahi, Ko-Metru): Karorahk directed two of his remaining minions to the spot that Hahlok indicated, but before they had taken so much as a step, the toa's position was revealed. A pillar of earth coppapsed on top of one beetle, crushing it. Karorahk was willing to bet his staffs that the toa would be making his escape where there was now an opening. The four beetles converged on that spot, swinging their claws in a wind frenzy, trying to gain a hit on the invisible toa.
OOC: Wait, when did I say Dradak was invisible? Since he's a rookie Toa, I figured he wouldn't have the experience to cast an illusion and disguise himself at the same time.IC: Ko-MetruOne of the punches connected with Dradak's shoulder, sending him spinning through the air and into the pavement. He gasped, both from the pain of his fall and in surprise at the Rahi's speed and strength.I don't have the energy or the elemental power to dodge these things for long. Dradak used his control over earth to cause a series of spikes to rise around him to hold off the beetles. In a desperate gamble, he shot a weaken Kanoka into one of the towers, then began to shake the earth under it in an attempt to bring it down on the rahi. Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesAfter running through a few calculations, and deciding he had chanced upon the worst desert recipe every created, the Kestora closed the document and opened the personality file. This AI was a moron, that was for certain, but that still put it at a higher intelligence level than some of those Toa. What could have artificially created a fully developed personality like this?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: ZacaxZacax followed them into the chute system and to the coliseum. As he entered, Lihkan told two Toa to help him and Eyra, hopefully it wasn't too late to get the poison out..

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Wheatley? Really? :P@ Zacax; Nobody can tell that you're dying of poison if you don't tell them. Truahkia has remove poison Kanoka and can just get them replaced if your character makes a point of it. Or hasn't died...IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesThe Kestora looked with disdain at the almost completely lack of information provided in the presented code that he was looking at. Closing the file, he moved onto the Intelligence file. He doubted this one would provide anything further, but he hadn't brought the thing up here to not try.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper Archives"This does not surprise me in the least."Finally, the being moved onto the fourth and final file. If this was fruitless, he would simply have to dismantle the robot to inspect its functions and see if he could get any spare or otherwise useful parts.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Zacax"So..is their anyone who can remove poisoning? Because I Poison in me right now..." Zacax asked,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: I couldn't help doing that, I'm sorry. :PIC: IanHello, reader.If you are reading this, then congratulations - you have found the creation that is simultaneously my greatest success and my greatest failure.This artificial intelligence - 'Ian' - was designed in order to give a robot what can only be described as a soul. He was intended to have massive intelligence, to be able to take in information and use it for anything - the perfect reference. No more need for archives, just a small sphere.However, a problem came about - the intelligence file became corrupted. As it stands, Ian is now a blubbering imbecile, incapable of any form of proper intelligence. I have tried and tried again to destroy him, but he keeps coming back. So I have placed this file in him, and plan to leave him in the archives.Why, you may wonder, have I decided to get rid of him? He cannot be deactivated. And, also, his twin has proven to be a much greater success. I have no need for such a failure when I have a true success such as VoREx.But, please, do not harm him. I must admit, he has grown on me. If you wish to gain information or anything else, *Some Text Missing*

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: That hardly sounds like something somebody with poison in them would say, so I must lampshade.IC: Truahkia / ColiseumThe Toa of Magnetism looked over at the strange Toa that was complaining about poison within him. Strange, he wasn't acting ill."Are you sure?" he asked. "You certainly don't sound like it."IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesReaper ran through numerous scenarios. With a more sophisticated computer, he could try to recover the damaged files and piece everything back together, and find out this source of information, whatever it might be. But until then, the sphere was completely useless, and more of a burden. He was too loud to carry around... no, he would need to take him somewhere for storage. Somewhere away from the other Hunters, and from the Toa. But where...?Huh. Maybe right here. He imagined the moronic robot might enjoy reading through the archive files and looking at pictures of Rahi.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Zacax"Listen I have been poisoned times before....kinda used to it..." Zacax said starting to stand up then fell to his knees, "and I'm suppose to act calm, otherwise I would be shortening my life,"

IC: Truahkia / ColiseumThe Toa of Magnetism shook his head. "Yes, acting calm. Lengthening your life. You've gone through twelve levels of the coliseum without telling any of the medics, including the ones who just came in, that you were in need of treatment."Showing obvious disdain, Truahkia moved to his pack. One of the guards raised a crossbow up, but he waved them off with disinterested. The disk was only a remove poison 4, strong enough to get rid of most toxins. A few specially made ones might be able to handle it, but in the case, the fool across from him would be crying on the floor.He tossed it, before turning back to Lhikan and the others up front. "Is this the training that's being instilled right now? Sit down and shut up when you're dying? Just like our offensive plan if we don't actually make a plan."OOC: Nice guy.IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesReaper looked down, taking off the rubber gloves and putting them away. "I'm leaving you here, AI. This terminal is filled with little pictures of Rahi for you to amuse yourself with. Stay here, and shock anyone who tries to remove you, other than me. In time I'll come back here, and we can find your big brother."He stood up, walking away without another word and not planning on giving any others. Despite hating the entire conversation he just had (for him, anything involving him talking was a conversation, even if there were no other participants), he felt it was necessary with this sphere.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Ian"Wait! Don't go!" If I wasn't a robot, I'd be crying right now. I feel so sad. He left me here. And what's this about a big brother? I don't remember a big brother. Well, I remember another thing that looked like me, only red, but no big brother. Maybe it's a little brother. Maybe I've been replaced. Maybe Smelly is replacing me too. Why do people replace me? I don't want to be replaced...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: ZacaxZacax took the disc as t was thrown at him. Yea there was pain, but he had worse. He could feel his body being cleansed, and the poison being erased from him. As it finished he got up feeling better,"Thanks brother," Zacax said to the Toa of Magnistism, "Look I'll tell you why I was calm, one of course was to keep the poison from spreding, second I have been trained by my mentor to survive long lengths with these kinds of poisons, however I'm not immune,"

IC: Zacax"Yup," Zacax said, "I've survived worse, poison can be cleansed, and that Toa of magnetism did a fine job with that Kanoka disc,"

OOC: It's more like there's a council being held, and every Joe Shmoe keeps running into it, thus completely confusing me.IC - Dume:"All right!" Complete silence fell over the room at Dume's irritated bark."In case people didn't know," he continued, his voice the complete opposite of what a wise turaga was supposed to sound, "There is a such thing as an infirmary; it's where people wounded in some way or other go to get healed, instead of rushing into a council to do so." He glanced at (Paragon's characters). "You can report to the Ga Metru command center, on the coliseum island, it's the one leading to Ga Metru." Turning back to the rest, he continued. "Lhikan, you can take care of the mission, as it's been laid out; scout the tunnel out, and then take it with the strategy you see as best.""As for everyone else, this public council is over. If you wish to join the Protectorate forces, the place to go is the chute station to each Metru. Lhikan can decide where his force will collect. Nidhiki... Will probably end up picking his own men for the mission, so I'll leave all that to him. For those commanders, the usual private council chamber is where you will find me." With that, Dume, followed by two elite toa guards, stalked out of the room.

IC: Zacax"Well I guess I'm joinin the protectorate," Zacax said,

IC: NomadNomad flew through the chutes and deactivated his mask. As far as he could tell, Hordor was still unconscious and they would soon arrive in the coliseum. But what would he do once he arrived? Maybe someone would help him there.As if the chutes were reading his mind, the chute ended and he and Hordor's unconscious form landed in some sort of waiting area. Needless to say, the guards were startled when an unconscious Dark Hunter landed in their midst, but Nomad would soon clarify."This Dark Hunter attacked me and a group of other Toa," he said, "we apprehended him and I have brought him here."

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: Grontak"I know what I'm doing." he growled. "What are you two doing down here?"
IC (Krokk and Mala, Onu-Metru): "Just making plans" Krokk replied. "We're thinking of blowing up a factory or three in Le-Metru. Are you game for that?"
IC: Grontak"What factorys, and by what means?" he asked.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: ZacaxZacax walked out and saw the Toa of stone with the dark hunter, "Hey there," Zacax said, "Listen thanks for getting me here, name's Zacax"

Edited by Zacax

IC: Truahkia / ColiseumAs many of the Toa in the room left, Truahkia moved over to Lhikan and asked, "How many people do you plan on sending on these missions?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Zacax"...okay?" Zaax said to Nomad, "Yes I did help out this guy, but then I was ambushed by some being who controlled plantlife, then I got poisoned,"

IC: Mintrop (Ga-Metru vakhi hive)"well, this town sure upped its tech since last time I came somethin-thousand years ago." Mintrop exclaimed. He ordered a unit of Bordakh to follow him and loaded his nynrah blaster before leaving. He passed through an archives entrance, "hear this guys" he said one-sidedly to his bordakh followers "we're going to ta-metru from underground!!! nobody has anything to say about that?" as he goes deeper and the caves grow darker, he puts one hand on his spear to prepare for anything to pounce on him shrieking.

Thatsss a niccce village you got there

image2.jpg

It'd be a ssshame if sssomething happened to it