Screamer In The Sands

Haecceity

This is very cool; looks like it could be a canon image! Also reminds me of the tiger thing in Aladdin. :PI especially like the shape of the eyes, simple but one bigger. The wavy lines are mysterious enough to evoke a scream without being clear. In fact your image makes Sand Screamers far MORE mysterious than they were previously, which is rare; usually showing something makes it less mysterious. I like the sand's texture, although you could argue it looks less like sand and more like a porous rock. And very good color choice.What did you use to make it?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's dark, mysterious, slightly creepy, and overall awesome. It's truly remarkable how different the final image is from the original sketch.I love the glowing green eyes, they really add to the atmosphere. ^_^I fear I don't have much criticism to offer; although to be honest I would be very interested in seeing more art depicting the "Sand Screamer", maybe from other views than profile... that would be fantastic :3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Very well done! Like the glow effect on the eyes! :)
Thanks! =3
Wow, you sure when through alot of edits to make a pretty amazing protait. How exactly did you turn the drawing on paper to this amazing artwork?
Through time, GIMP, and a laggy CPU. =P
This is very cool; looks like it could be a canon image! Also reminds me of the tiger thing in Aladdin. :PI especially like the shape of the eyes, simple but one bigger. The wavy lines are mysterious enough to evoke a scream without being clear. In fact your image makes Sand Screamers far MORE mysterious than they were previously, which is rare; usually showing something makes it less mysterious. I like the sand's texture, although you could argue it looks less like sand and more like a porous rock. And very good color choice.What did you use to make it?
Wow, that's quite the complement, comparing this to canon...thanks!I largely used GIMP, drawing inspiration from the original sketch. (I made this mainly because of how dissatisfied I was with how the sketch turned out.)
It's dark, mysterious, slightly creepy, and overall awesome. It's truly remarkable how different the final image is from the original sketch.I love the glowing green eyes, they really add to the atmosphere. ^_^I fear I don't have much criticism to offer; although to be honest I would be very interested in seeing more art depicting the "Sand Screamer", maybe from other views than profile... that would be fantastic :3
As I'm sure you've noticed, I tend to use profile shots for any sketches I make. It's quite a bad habit. =PIf I put my mind to it, I might make a front view, but my interest in this project has dropped. Edited by Temporphilic

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I tend to use profile shots for any sketches I make. It's quite a bad habit. =PIf I put my mind to it, I might make a front view, but my interest in this project has dropped.
A bad habit, indeed... but it's such an interesting concept, I'd really love to see what you make of it in some more dimensions. Although, I can't force you to draw what I want; but playing around with a concept and looking at it from different angles can be a fun exercise. :)I just wonder, is the sand screamer supposed to be symmetrical in design? I thought I'd better ask, if your interest in this project isn't really there anymore. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)