• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Now Hiring News Reporters

The Ninjago Wiki TNW News

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 04 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hello various BZPower members! If you haven't yet seen, we put out a blog post stating that we are now hiring news reporters. Please read those rules and requirements to be considered, and I'll give you some others for just you guys.We're pretty short on the non-staff news reporters, so we're open to absolutely anyone right now. If you say that you could report for us, you've got a fairly good chance already that you could be put on the team.Here are some loose rules that I can give you all, and only you all, since I can sort of tell your history in news reporting from what stories (if any) you've reported to BZPower.

[*]If your a BZPower News Reporter, I can just about guarantee you onto the news team, but I will not take you away from your responsibilities on the BZPower news team.[*]If you have a large history of reporting news to BZPower, you are likely to be invite to the news team.[*]If I've seen you sharing new information in the various Ninjago topics that nobody else noticed, then you are more likely to be invited to the news team.[*]If you can link me to another site where you've reported news, then you are more likely to be invited.[*]And finally, nobody is required to submit news.[/list]

We love to have anybody sending us news, but we need our staff (most of which are on the news team) to work in other areas of the site, and news has been taking a lot of our time. To submit news, please email us at this address.If you think you could be a TNW News reporter, let us know here. Some good things to state are how often you look for news, how often do you have something to report to BZPower news, and have you done any news for other places (whether it's a newspaper, community website, or anything).

EDIT: We now have available news reporter positions on The Chima Wiki

Edited by Meiko, Feb 21 2013 - 06:49 AM.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#2 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 927 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2012 - 04:09 PM

Not that interested, but good luck to everyone who applies!

#3 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'll help I would love to do it!

#4 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,254 posts

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm glad whith my place in the wiki I'll return soon...

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

#5 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:57 PM

Got any interest in Chima? We don't have a news team set up at TCW yet, but we really need one soon.

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#6 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 01:56 PM

Got any interest in Chima? We don't have a news team set up at TCW yet, but we really need one soon.

totally dude that would be awesome, in fact i have pics of toys r us and target chima displays in case you would like that

#7 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 825 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 06:39 PM

I wouldn't mind becoming a news reporter, but I don't have any experience aside from my own website that hasn't been updated in a while.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

savethebeasts.jpg

#8 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 07:25 PM

I wouldn't mind becoming a news reporter, but I don't have any experience aside from my own website that hasn't been updated in a while.

If you'd like, you can PM me a link to the website so I can take a look. That way I get an idea of the work you've done so far, and hopefully consider you for a job as a news reporter. :)

--
Meiko

#9 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 825 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 11:48 PM

If you'd like, you can PM me a link to the website so I can take a look. That way I get an idea of the work you've done so far, and hopefully consider you for a job as a news reporter. :)

I will see about that. Can I have an idea about how often you will want me to report?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

savethebeasts.jpg

#10 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 11:29 AM

I will see about that. Can I have an idea about how often you will want me to report?

We don't really have a set time interval between reports. We've had from one a week to three a day, so really as often as there is relevant news. Frequent reports are appreciated, since it keeps out site activity up, and gets us more frequent attention.

--
Meiko

#11 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 07:50 AM

I would really love to become a news reporter, but I get my news from places like the Ninjago Wiki and BZPower. Good luck to everyone that enters!

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#12 Offline Krane

Krane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 333 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm really interested. But I'm not sure I'm fit for that kind of job. 

~Kranan 

~BZPRPG Profiles

Dual Matrix: Sup?

CeeCee    :  Dual, you spammer

Kranan      : Wut wut wut 

AutomationKranan plz stop

#13 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 379 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 09:57 PM

I've contributed to some news for Hero Factory before on BZPower under another email! I am interested in becoming a new reporter just not really for Ninjago as I dont have much intrest for it, although it does seem like a cool theme! :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 20 2013 - 09:58 PM.

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos   Adriana<3

#14 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 06:48 AM

I've contributed to some news for Hero Factory before on BZPower under another email! I am interested in becoming a new reporter just not really for Ninjago as I dont have much intrest for it, although it does seem like a cool theme! :D

We've got even more spots for news reporters at The Chima Wiki, if that interests you. :)

--
Meiko

#15 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix

• 1,254 posts

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 11:25 AM

You know, that reporter thing seems quite nice, I reported sometimes for BZP now, but yet my only source is Google News, i've built a small program I named "Newsbee" Which automaticly opens google news with the Result Lego and Bionicle, I could hower update it to search for Ninjago too?

Monster Contest Entries:

(Download Available)

Massive

#16 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 12:12 PM

You know, that reporter thing seems quite nice, I reported sometimes for BZP now, but yet my only source is Google News, i've built a small program I named "Newsbee" Which automaticly opens google news with the Result Lego and Bionicle, I could hower update it to search for Ninjago too?

That could work. I have my Google Reader set up to get RSS from nearly every online LEGO fan/news site, so I don't really ever miss anything. Plus I stay up to date on various other LEGO forums aside from BZPower.

--
Meiko

#17 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix

• 1,254 posts

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 12:15 PM

That could work. I have my Google Reader set up to get RSS from nearly every online LEGO fan/news site, so I don't really ever miss anything. Plus I stay up to date on various other LEGO forums aside from BZPower.

Then I won't be of that much use  :( Nevermind.

Edited by Dual Matrix, Feb 21 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Monster Contest Entries:

(Download Available)

Massive

#18 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 379 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 06:23 PM

We've got even more spots for news reporters at The Chima Wiki, if that interests you. :)

Oh no thank you, Chima also doesnt interest me currently, sorry; but thanks for the offer! :)

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos   Adriana<3

#19 Offline ToaJaller77

ToaJaller77
  • Members
  • Toa

• 122 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 10:53 PM

I Am a LEGO STALKER. I would LOVE to do the job.

Lone Ranger sets at S@H Now

Mr. Gold on eBay

Shall I go on?

50px-24126359.png.jpg

IS THIS PICTURE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE SIGNATURE?

IS IT?

#20 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 06:59 AM

I could do it. I've shown that I can listen, lead, and report well in my troop. I also got voted into the Order if the Arrow. An honor society of boy scouts.

#21 Offline Snubby

Snubby
  • Seeker

• 284 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 04:08 PM

I could help. I think your "this blog" link is broken.

An yes, I am interested in chima.

-Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageLong live the April 1st Spinnies!

#22 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 06:18 PM

I could help. I think your "this blog" link is broken.

An yes, I am interested in chima.

Yeah, right now the entire site is down (along with all other Plast sites, including BrickCraft.me and KanohiJournal) since we are moving to a new server, and it hasn't gone quite as planned. :/

--
Meiko

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users