Comics Contest #2 Results

Ziko

Well folks, the second Comics contest has ended, and here we have the results!

1. Traitor by Soran

entry_thumbnail.png

[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4]Topic

2. BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC by Toa of Pumpkin

suprerher.jpg_thumb.jpg

[Page 1]

3. Strawberry Ice Cream by Uncle K.

Parkthumb1.png

[Page 1, Page 2, Page 3]

LEGO has generously donated an Iron Man and a Captain America minifigure as contest prizes. Soran will receive the minifigure of his choice, and Toa of Pumpkin will receive the other.

Congratulations to our winners, and thanks to the other entrants for their excellent work! Also, thanks to Windrider for being a great co-host (again) and to Kakaru and 55555 for their work as assistants.

apptheend.png

Edited by Ziko

Well, two of the entries deserved to be here, so congrats to the majority of the winners.~B~
I agree.Congratulations to the winners!
I strongly concur.Congrats to first and third place.You deserved it.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Congrats to first and third place. I still can't believe the #2 winner got any votes, much less second place. I would much rather have seen Strawberry Ice Cream get 2nd.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Well, two of the entries deserved to be here, so congrats to the majority of the winners.~B~
I agree.Congratulations to the winners!
I strongly concur.Congrats to first and third place.You deserved it.-V-
Basically this. Congrats guys.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I don't really think all the hate is really necessary to BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC. Even if it might not be your favorite entry doesn't mean you should bash it. A lot of people enjoyed it enough to vote (or they just voted for it) so it got some support. Even if it doesn't look like it deserved that many votes as apposed to Strawberry Ice-Cream (which is one of my favorite entries), there are still some people who did think so. How would you like it if people showed so much hate for your own creations just because of how it looks or functions. So try not to hate on BAC. Anyway, thanks to all those who voted and congratulations to the other two winners, you guys did great!~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I don't really think all the hate is really necessary to BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC. Even if it might not be your favorite entry doesn't mean you should bash it. A lot of people enjoyed it enough to vote (or they just voted for it) so it got some support. Even if it doesn't look like it deserved that many votes as apposed to Strawberry Ice-Cream (which is one of my favorite entries), there are still some people who did think so. How would you like it if people showed so much hate for your own creations just because of how it looks or functions. So try not to hate on BAC. Anyway, thanks to all those who voted and congratulations to the other two winners, you guys did great!~Soran
To be completely fair, BAC's function and presentation is part of the joke itself, so it's not like someone is under the pretense that it works outside of the SoBadItsGood trope.But if you enjoyed the joke then there's no real reason why you shouldn't vote for it.

I don't really think all the hate is really necessary to BIOCICLES ACTITON COMIC. Even if it might not be your favorite entry doesn't mean you should bash it. A lot of people enjoyed it enough to vote (or they just voted for it) so it got some support. Even if it doesn't look like it deserved that many votes as apposed to Strawberry Ice-Cream (which is one of my favorite entries), there are still some people who did think so. How would you like it if people showed so much hate for your own creations just because of how it looks or functions. So try not to hate on BAC. ~Soran
I would kindly agree with you if the comic wasn't purposely made to look terrible as a joke-entry.That's why I don't think it deserved any more votes than the other entries,which were entered as actual entries, with effort actually put into them to make a good comic.Personally, it's not a huge deal to me. I'm not one to cry about it.But that doesn't make it any less shameful in my eyes. =/-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

I'm not a comic maker, but shoot me now if #2 wasn't a joke entry. There's no way that was a serious entry - and while I honestly don't care what wins or loses it does make me cringe the sheer amount of support it got, no offence to the creator.Contests are supposed to be a test of skill and creativity, a way to show off your skills to the general population of BZP... it makes me sad to see a joke entry, much less one in second place.However, I digress, congratulations to the Winners!

Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

That's mean to say about Soran.
I don't think he was talking about Soran. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I don't think he was talking about Soran.
I was joking.I know people don't think mine deserved to win.Contrary to what people seem to think, it wasn't a joke entry. That is a style of comic. If it's a joke entry at all, the joke is one of the many layers of irony that encompass the comic. It's not a shallow, lololol cookiepie type humor. It's multi-faceted. You may not understrand, but clearly, others thought it was funny.You may not think it deserved to win, but in the context of a contest, it was chosen for second place, and thus, to all intent and purposes, deserves that place.I'm not trying to be defensive or anything. I just want to explain the concept of being good sports, and accepting results as they are.

Yes, because my post in the voting topic clearly indicates that I meant Soran's entry.And it's hard to think an entry deserves a spot when someone flat-out admits that people were calling for votes for it off-site.~B~ Edited by Ballom

Yes, because my post in the voting topic clearly indicates that I meant Soran's entry.~B~
Clearly the concept of the joke is lost to the members of the Comics forum.AKA: I was joking.

I was joking.I know people don't think mine deserved to win.Contrary to what people seem to think, it wasn't a joke entry. That is a style of comic. If it's a joke entry at all, the joke is one of the many layers of irony that encompass the comic. It's not a shallow, lololol cookiepie type humor. It's multi-faceted. You may not understrand, but clearly, others thought it was funny.You may not think it deserved to win, but in the context of a contest, it was chosen for second place, and thus, to all intent and purposes, deserves that place.I'm not trying to be defensive or anything. I just want to explain the concept of being good sports, and accepting results as they are.
A voice of logic and reason. I salute you, sir.

bionicle is trans culture

(climbs out of hiding for a moment)Congrats to ALL the winners! I'm surprised this is only the second, it would've been one heck of a show had it happened back in the old days.Thank you for the clarification zak. I agree, it's a style of comic. That makes it no less of a legitimate entry.

Personally' date=' it's not a huge deal to me. I'm not one to cry about it.[/color']But that doesn't make it any less shameful in my eyes. =/
No, what is shameful is the kind of seriousness it takes to get legitimately upset or even disappointed over something like this. What is shameful is not even mentioning it in the three virtues when you covered the winners, just because you perceived it as a troll entry or low-quality. (If you wanted that kind of say you should've made yourselves judges instead of going for popular vote.) The sheer smug spite to say "congratulations to the first and third winners".Overall being a poor sport in a contest about Bionicle comics. That's pretty shameful.Think about how you're acting if you really care so much about Art III's reputation. Edited by Superkid11

In the podcast, we looked at the comic as what it was- a joke entry.It's not a well hidden secret that it's a joke entry,and I know enough background information to even say a portion of the votes were riggedbecause people think its funny to get a comic like that into the finals.That's shameful. Perhaps not by fact, but by my opinion, it sure well is.And you of anybody shouldn't act like you don't know what I'm talking about, Superkid.If you and the others want to keep defending it so stronglyby trying to turn the tables against the offense, then fine.I'm sure you love the laugh you get from it.-V-

Edited by The Venom

I would just like to interject and say that TTV is, essentially, a privately owned podcast. WE get to decide what we air, edit out, and what we talk about. So before you start calling a descision "shameful" Let me just say that I know for a fact had it been covered in depth it would not have been a pretty coverage for the comic, for the same reasons as it WASN"T covered - Covering a "Joke" entry that has a fair amount of dislike on the podcast would've been a worse descision than NOT covering it.While not covering it at all might make us look bad, I assure you it would've looked far, far worse had we covered it.And that's a fact.I would also like to say that Everyone has their own opinions on what is and isn't good material. I, honestly, do not see Zakitano's comic as anything good. Maybe i just can't recognise the irony, maybe the humor escapes me, but I honestly look at that and see a bunch of poorly drawn MS paint pics entered into a contest.And that's why I don't agree that it deserves second place.However, there were obviously enough people who thought it did to give it second, and thus while myself, Balom, Venom, and others can dislike it all we want, we still have to face the facts.That does NOT, however, mean we cannot express our distaste, no more than it would stop you.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Yeah you're right, all things considered talking about it in the podcast might've been funny but overall... yeah wouldn't have ended well. :PI realize after taking a nap the irony in saying you guys need to stop being so serious when I launched into a huge rant on shameful behavior. Zaki made her case just fine and I didn't need to come in and talk big and fan the flames. I apologize for that.Back into my hole I go~

Edited by Superkid11

and I know enough background information to even say a portion of the votes were rigged
ahaha wow "rigged"Are you seriousIt's not like we were voting with dupe accounts, or hacking the poll or something ridiculous like thatIt's not even like people were joining BZP just to vote for itWe just said "hey here's this poll, vote for this entry, or this other entry, or whatever I guess" and people chose to vote for it on their own accordThat's not "rigged" any more than presidential campaign ads make an election "rigged"

RksnKgM.jpg

I've just about had it with the arguing. First there was that altercation before Get a Clue, and now this topic. Look. BAC won second place. If you don't like it, fine, but don't come in here trying to provoke things. Don't go calling it a joke entry, either. That's flaming. If you sincerely thought it was, then you should have PMed me or Ziko about it after it was entered, before the poll was put up. Let me tell you this, though: the entry is legitimate. It breaks none of the rules; if it did, we would have disqualified it.Yes, I am aware that the entry was advertised off-site. We can't control what happens outside of BZPower; we can't stop someone from supporting an entry. And why would we? That's akin to favoritism, and we, as contest hosts, need to remain neutral. No, it's not unfair; everyone is allowed to advertise his or her entry both on BZPower and off, but it can't even be proven that the author is affiliated with the site. None of this means the votes were rigged.So, stop. Posts from this point on need to be congratulatory only. If you can't accept the results, don't post.

Edited by -Windrider-

Let me jump in here to say my piece on the entire issue as a contest assistant:Congratulations to everyone. Creative, diverse entries from all mediums. A great contest with a good turnout from every corner of BZPower.That is all. :)

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I don't think the SoBadItsGood trope even works, much less in a contest setting. So, I didn't enjoy entry #2. Enough talent to make great comics, then used to make terrible ones.But congratulations to winners and especially to you, Soran! Your comic-making skill (especially with graphics) amazes me again!Edit: I made it very clear that posts after mine needed to be congratulatory only. That was the final warning. Any post after this one that continues the argument will lose two points of Proto instead of one.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...