Bricks Cascade 2012 Wrapup

BCascade_2012_teaser.jpgIn our never-ending quest to take our time in posting event coverage, today we bring you pictures of the fabulous MOCs on display at Bricks Cascade 2012. Taking place in the wonderful Portland, Oregon, this first time convention has finally taken the place of the now-defunct BrickFest PDX. There was a good showing of a wide variety of MOCs, and Bionicle definitely made its presence known. Read on to see what was there!View the full article

Phantastic MOCs you had on display there. Good job and congrats to everyone involved. :) Also, snaaaails!!! So adorable. :D-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wish I could have been there, but I'm happy to finally get to see pictures of my stuff on display :). And plenty of those other MOCs are amazing!Well, just makes me look forward to Brickfair more (which I will be able to go to!).-:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

Bit of a notice to Brickfair attendees: The island isn't traveling to that event, since I'm not going and it's currently in 7 different boxes in my living room right now.BrickCon attendees: Yes the island's going to be there, no matter what I have to do to get it there :PAnd yeah, I had fun going to this event, wonderful MOCs all over the place. Now I can't wait for October to do it all over again.MICAH! WE NEED TO FINISH OUR NUVA CUBE PLANS! BUILD ME SYMBOLS! : O

bzpsig2015.png

Who is responsible for the posing? I send my moc all the way from Sweden and you make fun of it.
Black Six did the coverage, but I fail to see where he is making fun of anything.The Mata Nui island is impressive. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

My moc is posed so it looks like it have one 1-boned leg without knee and a tail coming from the side.
The photographed pose showed it kneeling down on one knee, which is still a cool pose. But it got straightened up for part of the event. And it wasn't even as bad as the pose we had the HT head in for part of the convention. :P
Quick question how did the the builders get those toa minifigers?
We used the mini masks that came with the Bionicle Pens from back in 2001. They were a pain to get a hold of.
It would have been nice if the Island of Mata Nui had been photographed from the top down - from the side it's hard to tell what it is.
It was large enough that such a photograph would've been very hard to get. :(Anyway, way to go Andrew for finally getting all these awesome pictures up! You really captured all the MOCs that the event had to offer!:music:

It would have been nice if the Island of Mata Nui had been photographed from the top down - from the side it's hard to tell what it is.
It was large enough that such a photograph would've been very hard to get. :(
For some reason, this post conjured up the image in my head of someone dangling in a harness over the Mata Nui island Moc with a camera.Never mind...the side-shot is fine... Edited by fishers64

There were some very cool MOCs, and the giant Mata Nui was nice, if not weirdly proportioned. Anyways, my favorite one was the insectoid with a pair of large wheels rather than legs and a Visorak head. Ok, ok, that one was mine.
Actually, that one stuck out to me as well, although I forgot to mention it. Visorak wheelchair?

There were some very cool MOCs, and the giant Mata Nui was nice, if not weirdly proportioned. Anyways, my favorite one was the insectoid with a pair of large wheels rather than legs and a Visorak head. Ok, ok, that one was mine.
Actually, that one stuck out to me as well, although I forgot to mention it. Visorak wheelchair?
No, just some wheeled dude. I called him Vehicular.

aouROFb.png

Hmm...I am little surprised at the lack of traditional Japanese architecture...but at least they have a one model.I really like the spaceships (especially the white one where its wings point outward), the Toa Mata recreations (I adore those mini-Mata :lol: ), and the Mechs (the Mars Mission Mantis blew my mind).I hope I will get to come to one of these conventions someday.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Can I just say that I HNNNGG'd all over my screen when I saw that Retinence was there? As well as some of those MoCs. Not too many of them, but some, I will admit, made me drool a little and feel pretty envious.I also really liked the mini model of Mata Nui, though I'm not sure how to feel about the mini molded Toa masks.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

Can I just say that I HNNNGG'd all over my screen when I saw that Retinence was there? As well as some of those MoCs. Not too many of them, but some, I will admit, made me drool a little and feel pretty envious.I also really liked the mini model of Mata Nui, though I'm not sure how to feel about the mini molded Toa masks.~Tobi
Neither he nor any of his MOCs were there. Not sure what you saw that made you think he was.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Shame I missed it by just a couple days. Well, knock on wood, I'll be back in Seattle again next summer; maybe I can make it out in time then.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I didn't know you were going to post a picture of the snail on my head ... I lol'd waaaaay too hard at that.Mainly because Kakaru photobombed me, but still.
I uhI had nothing to do with this
MICAH! WE NEED TO FINISH OUR NUVA CUBE PLANS! BUILD ME SYMBOLS! : O
AAAAA WHATI AM BAD AT BUILDING THINGS TO FIT TOGETHER IN A SYMMETRICAL FASHIONALSO I ONLY HAVE A MONTHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Can you cut my moc out of the picture? If not then just remove the whole picture. You don't need to do this if you don't think it looks silly.
Don't worry mate. I can personally attest to the fact that the pose did actually look a lot cooler in person. The picture wasn't taken at a great angle but we didn't have a lot of time on the last day to carefully consider the composition. The MOC itself still looks great though.
Can I just say that I HNNNGG'd all over my screen when I saw that Retinence was there?
You can say it but it won't mean anything. Could you point out the creation you believe was made by Retinence?

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Reminds me a little of a certain infamous photo from BrickFair 2010...
We were all well aware of this, which is why this happened ...7521052778_daa1135635_z.jpg
That's ANOTHER picture of SUMIKI! They just keep coming! :PAlso, who's the guy you're so creepily sneaking up behind?