If You Could Have Any Job In Any Fiction...

Here is the thread where you are given a hypothetical job application to get you into any job you want from any work of fiction. Feel free to list them here. By the way, you can choose a job that does not fit your species, but do mention that in the description, as well as where the job comes from (human or not).1-Mail Carrier (Shigofumi)You are probably wondering why, of all jobs I could pick, it would be a mail carrier. Well, these mail carriers deliver shigofumi, which when translated means "posthumous letter". In the Shigofumi universe, people are allowed to write a letter to someone still living, and the mail carriers send out such a letter to the intended recipient. The only condition for the job is that you have to be dead first, as all mail carriers are chosen from deceased people, you also cannot be killed (but I am pretty sure you guessed that).I numbered it in case I wanted to add more, but I will post those later if I think of them. What would you chose?

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I'd want to be pulled into the Matrix, if that counts. My job would be to enter the Matrix and pull more people out, like in the movie.Another good option is an Indiana Jones-style archaeologist.Or maybe a Storm Trooper.

IetTsFQ.png

Or maybe a Storm Trooper.
But then you'd be required to have terrible aim and get mowed down in an instant! D:As for me, something not completely ludicrous would be along the lines of being a Mentat in the Dune universe. Sounds like it would be an interesting career.~B~

Necromancer, Elder Scrolls.With enough research, I can become an undead Lich and get an army of skeletons out of the deal to boot. That's immortality, one of my biggest goals, down right there.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I'd want to be pulled into the Matrix, if that counts. My job would be to enter the Matrix and pull more people out, like in the movie.Another good option is an Indiana Jones-style archaeologist.Or maybe a Storm Trooper.
Same here.(to all of them) Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

A lawyer in a Michael Crichton novel.One-way ticket to bodyslamming a raptor/shooting crazy people in the face/having a very interesting day in general.Failing that, I guess I'd settle for being a malignant deity in an H.P. Lovecraft novel. Sure, I'd have to do awful things to people, but at least I'd have the satisfaction of knowing that like 90% of them are horrifyingly racist and have probably done something to deserve whatever my job description is.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd be a Deliverator from Snow Crash. Since most people don't know about Neal Stephenson and his works, here's a little description:

The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed sub-category. He's got esprit up to here. Right now he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachno-fiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, but excess perspiration wafts through it like a breeze through a freshly napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel: feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books.When they gave him the job, they gave him a gun. The Deliverator never deals in cash, but someone might come after him anyway–might want his car, or his cargo. The gun is a tiny, aero-styled, lightweight, the kind of a gun a fashion designer would carry; it fires teensy darts that fly at five times the velocity of an SR-71 spy plane, and when you get done using it, you have to plug it in to the cigarette lighter, because it runs on electricity.
Of course, the most interesting aspect of the career is that the Deliverator is a pizza delivery boy.I'd also love to be a Mentat or avout (from Stephenson's Anathem: basically, monks from space who study math).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I'd kill for Hastings's position. But if I did, I guess I'd have Dr. Sheppard's position. XP

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Jedi. cool.pngOh...wait.. But not one of those lame Coruscanti Jedi. One of those other ones that didn't die. :POr yeah, like Sisen said, I'd study at Hogwarts. And hopefully not die. Man, a lot of these professions are fatal...

• 2 weeks later...

A theoretical physicist. They always seem to run into interesting situations.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 3 weeks later...
I would choose to be the author of said fictional world.Yeah I know thats cheating a bit, but hey, now I get to write and rewrite that world's reality around me so you can all suck it up :biggrin:
Not to be a buzzkill, but that is something in reality...though you probably knew that... :P.
No, I'd be the world's creator, but inside the world. I would be a literal god on (that particular) earth

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I would choose to be the author of said fictional world.Yeah I know thats cheating a bit, but hey, now I get to write and rewrite that world's reality around me so you can all suck it up :biggrin:
Not to be a buzzkill, but that is something in reality...though you probably knew that... :P.
No, I'd be the world's creator, but inside the world. I would be a literal god on (that particular) earth
So you'd be a self-insert Mary Sue.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So you'd be a self-insert Mary Sue.
Actually, no, he'd just be God. A Physical God, more specifically.Unless God's a Mary Sue, in what case, religious controversy abound.-Dovydas