• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bs01 Podcast

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,833 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 03:28 PM

Or you can set iTunes to be your default player, and then just double click the mp3 like a normal person XP.

Posted Image

#42 Offline _Artakha_

_Artakha_
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 76 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 05:32 PM

I think I'll do it Kraah's way, because I'm NOT normal :)

Posted Image

#43 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 07:37 PM

While Kraah is being silly, I just released a real episode (well, Q&A). Go check it out!

#44 Offline zacharyd97

zacharyd97
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2011 - 08:26 AM

yeah its in itunes, i subscribed to the whole podcast series. Just search for it and it will be there, ready to download.

#45 Offline _Artakha_

_Artakha_
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 76 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2011 - 01:14 AM

So... when's the next episode?

Posted Image

#46 Offline Chols

Chols
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,726 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 15 2011 - 01:25 AM

Whenever Bman stops hiding from us :c

Posted Image

Latest MOC: Ol' Dusty

#47 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,787 posts

Posted Dec 15 2011 - 01:26 AM

25 is recorded, just needs to be finished. =)

#48 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2011 - 08:38 AM

I've been pretty busy with school, so I haven't had tons of time to edit. Thankfully, I'm close to the end of the semester, so the episode should be released in the next week. (and it better, considering the subject matter).

Edited by -Bionicleman-, Dec 15 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#49 Offline _Artakha_

_Artakha_
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 76 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 03:52 PM

it's been a week... :(

Posted Image

#50 Offline kanohimetru5995

kanohimetru5995
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 10:04 PM

will episode 0 be put on the iTunes feed, because for some reason i can't access it on the podcast website

Tickle Spinners! Sand...And Fire! Hehe, makes glass!    "...and that's not incense."    Once a MoCist, always a MoCist.  

#51 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2011 - 05:25 PM

Alright, new episode released, the BS01 Holiday Special! Sorry for taking till right before Christmas to release it, unfortunately school decided I didn't deserve free time.

#52 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 2,787 posts

Posted Dec 25 2011 - 11:07 AM

will episode 0 be put on the iTunes feed, because for some reason i can't access it on the podcast website

Why can't you? What happens?Be sure to check out episode 25, we had a great time recording it!

#53 Offline kanohimetru5995

kanohimetru5995
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2011 - 01:19 PM

Why can't you? What happens?Be sure to check out episode 25, we had a great time recording it!

nevermind, i didnt realize you keep clicking the bottom link. i got to itand i just finished downloading ep 25

Tickle Spinners! Sand...And Fire! Hehe, makes glass!    "...and that's not incense."    Once a MoCist, always a MoCist.  

#54 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 2,787 posts

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 09:26 PM

Oh hey happy anniversary!

#55 Offline kanohimetru5995

kanohimetru5995
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 08:48 PM

When will the next q&a come out?

#56 Offline _Artakha_

_Artakha_
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 76 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2011 - 12:07 PM

I want to guest host so bad... :)EDIT: also, a comment on ep. 25, why wouldn't Artakha fly through the chutes to give gifts on naming day? :lol:

Edited by _Artakha_, Dec 29 2011 - 02:49 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2012 - 02:51 AM

The same thing happened to me! (you probably remember me making comments about that kraahlix, my username is jowm on the bs01podcast website as well). But I can access the podcast on my itouch, which is kinda wierd, I didn't really understand why, but if you have an itouch or something as well, maye that will work for you like it did for me.Hey guys, this is Jowm(obviously :P) I'm the same Jowm who gave you a review on iTunes saying that you inspired me to make my own podcast. A few episodes have already been made, and I would just like to ask you guys if you have any advice for us about making our podcasts and things like that. I would also like to ask if you have any suggestions as to what forum would be best to post a topic about our podcast in. I would also like to make a suggestion for you guys, the ttv podcast has a ####### channel for their podcast, it would cool and likely somewhat benificial to you all to create a ####### account for your podcast as well. And by the way, what program do you use to record your Skype calls?

Edited by Jowm, Jan 05 2012 - 11:07 PM.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Hey everybody! I'm working on getting a Bionicle podcast set up, it's almost ready to go, and I have one or two regular positions open for anyone with Bionicle knowledge who would like to join! Or if you would perfer not to be a regular, you can guest star as well. We will also be reading and critiquing short stories and possibly epics on the podcast, so if you'd like yours read let me know and I'll look it over and we may review it! For details and any questions you may have, just send me a PM.

To all image makers! I am in need of a logo for a podcast that I am going to get up and running pretty soon, and one of the final things I need is a logo for the podcast! If anyone would be interested in making me a good quality image, just message me, I would greatly appreciate it!

#58 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 2,787 posts

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hey, Jowm! Thanks for the rating. =) I think General Discussion is the place for fan podcasts, I believe that is what TTV and others post in. I'm not sure that having a channel would be beneficial, we already update three web sites with the new information when an episode comes out. We record Skype calls with http://voipcallrecording.com/, it's not the best solution for bitrate but it gets the job done. As far as general podcasting tips go:
    [*]Scheduling is important. Try to establish the best consistent schedule that you can. This is difficult for podcasts like ours where it is hosted over Skype across timezones, but if you can work something out, consistency is good.[*]Listener interaction is a must. Podcasting is about community, and talking with your listeners is just as important as talking with your hosts. That can include feedback, comments, Q&A, etc.[*]You have to stay motivated. Podcasting is a commitment that is not easy to follow through with but can be very rewarding. Not just in listenership, but the experience itself can be great even if your numbers aren't high.[/list]I basically just rephrased Daniel Lewis's POD of podcasting; passion, organization, and dialogue. Those are the main things that are key to successful podcasting. Search him if you want to learn more. =)

#59 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 02:08 PM

Thanks! Glad to hear from you, the BS01 podcast is great. Yes, that's true, it probably wouldn't be all that beneficial. Thanks for the tips, I quickly learning that setting a consistent date is both important and difficult. Thanks for the help! :)
http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Hey everybody! I'm working on getting a Bionicle podcast set up, it's almost ready to go, and I have one or two regular positions open for anyone with Bionicle knowledge who would like to join! Or if you would perfer not to be a regular, you can guest star as well. We will also be reading and critiquing short stories and possibly epics on the podcast, so if you'd like yours read let me know and I'll look it over and we may review it! For details and any questions you may have, just send me a PM.

To all image makers! I am in need of a logo for a podcast that I am going to get up and running pretty soon, and one of the final things I need is a logo for the podcast! If anyone would be interested in making me a good quality image, just message me, I would greatly appreciate it!

#60 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 12:22 AM

Q & A Session 9 has been released! Be sure to listen in to find out how you can help the wiki, and of course hear the answers to your questions.Also, we have now run out of new questions, so now would be a good time for you guys to submit some more. : P

#61 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 2,787 posts

Posted Feb 13 2012 - 09:34 PM

Great show. =) I very much enjoyed it.

#62 Offline -Auron-

-Auron-
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2012 - 03:42 AM

Out of curiosity do you allow or invite guests to your show?

61869245.png

#63 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2012 - 06:56 PM

Sometimes. Maybe.WHO TOLD YOU?Yeah we invite people sometimes (the royal "we" because I sure don't do it) if we need to liven things up.

Posted Image

#64 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2012 - 11:26 PM

Dude, I totally choose the next guest. Cause we've been kinda taking turns. (More or less)

#65 Offline Chols

Chols

• 1,726 posts

Posted Feb 17 2012 - 11:58 PM

We've been taking turns choosing guests? :PThe last few guests we've considered were basically members I directed to Bman.

Posted Image

#66 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2012 - 08:56 AM

Lol idunno but whatever. We should start taking turns? I nominate SK as a guest star. ;D Actually someone who won the ATYU2 would be cool, like *spoiler*

#67 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2012 - 05:54 PM

Oh I know, the person who won ATYU2 who should guest star should be *drumroll* Kraahlix! :P Anyway, I liked the last Q&A, it was good, I look forward to the next episode! :)

#68 Offline Chols

Chols

• 1,726 posts

Posted Feb 18 2012 - 06:58 PM

Lol, we already covered his story in a previous episode. :PI think we were planning to review the other ATYU2 winners, but due to BZP's downtime we postponed that plan. I guess we could begin that again, but I don't think we have plans for it in the foreseeable future.

Posted Image

#69 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I know, :P, I've heard every episode, I was JK :P.Ah, well I hope you do that, it would be interesting.

#70 Offline kanohimetru5995

kanohimetru5995
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2012 - 05:39 PM

what site/internet service do you use to host your podcast episodes?(excluding iTunes)

#71 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2012 - 07:25 PM

I know you guys use wordpress for the bs01podcast.com site right?

#72 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 2,787 posts

Posted Feb 19 2012 - 09:41 PM

BlueHost is my server, which comes with a SimpleScripts installation of WordPress. So yes, host: BlueHost, RSS: WordPress & FeedBurner. iTunes just shows the RSS feed.

#73 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 10:30 PM

Released a new episode. You guys should go listen and stuff.

#74 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,833 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 02:04 AM

Good times with that one.ALWAYS GOOD TIMES WHEN I AM ON THE PODCAST.

Posted Image

#75 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 03:35 PM

Time for a new release, this time it's our very first live movie commentary where you play the podcast while watching the movie! Sorta like rifftrax, only free. Go check it out!

#76 Offline kanohimetru5995

kanohimetru5995
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 06:50 PM

Time for a new release, this time it's our very first live movie commentary where you play the podcast while watching the movie! Sorta like rifftrax, only free. Go check it out!

awesome commentary! and someone pass my congrats on to kayru.

#77 Offline Zestanor

Zestanor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted May 14 2012 - 10:17 PM

That was fun! I'm not sure why I didn't discover it till now...Wait, I'm not done! Let me think of something to say! Oh, okay-- so I don't actually own the DVD for MoL. I own the VHS. So, a couple of weeks ago, when I was working on my Bio content-timeline (shameless plug: see how the comics and MoL fit together- link in my sig) I hooked up my capture card and encoded the whole thing to an MPEG2. Unfortunately, I started my cut of the movie after the falling Lego bricks, which is 15 seconds, so I wasn't quite sure where to start the video with you guys. But no problem, I have the DVDs for the other two movies.I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the, "he's a big machine" line.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

#78 Offline -Bionicleman-

-Bionicleman-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 171 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 07 2012 - 10:15 PM

Episdode 27: 4 o'clock Lunch (iTunes | MP3)Tune in this time for a very special discussion on Christian Faber’s FaberFiles, where he has revealed a great deal of conceptual info on BIONICLE. Also, we discuss BS01′s April Fool’s day prank, the (thankfully) last comic of 2005, a character we call “the derpy of BIONICLE,” and a special podcast announcement.So yeah, you all should listen in. Because you'll be among the first to hear the announcement. And you don't wanna miss it.

#79 Offline Toa of Ponies

Toa of Ponies
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2012 - 02:42 AM

i dont have itunes and when i click on mp3 it just plays it, can i actually download it as a wav (mp3) file
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#80 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 11:06 AM

i dont have itunes and when i click on mp3 it just plays it, can i actually download it as a wav (mp3) file

Depending on the browser, there should be a place where you can either right-click and click "Save Page As" or go to "File" (the orange button in Firefox is the same thing) and then "Save Page As".

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users