Set Review: 6283 Voltix

Want those purple pieces. :drooling: Those lightning pieces could be useful. Same for those different coloured tubes.This and Speeda Demon's reviews will be the leading factors on which one I'll buy.Nice review Gata! :)~Gravity

Edited by Gravity Caiox

I think Voltix looks pretty awesome. His color scheme actually doesn't bother me that much. Perhaps I'll pick him up sometime, if I see him on sale later.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Usually I'm not initially thrilled with some of the preliminary images of sets, but they almost always eventually grow on me. This guy, however, I really can't get behind. Although a very unorthodox design from LEGO, it comes across looking more like a jumbled Chinese knock-off rather than the usual quality produced by the company.I'm glad to see so many unique and new colors, but I'm not sure slapping the whole rainbow on this guy was a good idea. It leaves me wondering if the designers at LEGO weren't too inspired this time around. It reminds me of those old "Invincibility Robots" from China.bohrok.jpgOn a side note: I am digging Bulk, Core Hunter, and Stormer.

Edited by ~T11~

Jun-9: Chapter 3 is up!

vividgon.jpg

The design is not bad, and since I buy the villains, I will get him. As far as the colorscheme goes, He looks like he got run over by the nyan cat, but its nothing a little creativity and extra pieces wont fix: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/garnira/bionicles/voltixfinal.jpg And yes, I know some of those parts dont exist.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Usually I'm not initially thrilled with some of the preliminary images of sets, but they almost always eventually grow on me. This guy, however, I really can't get behind. Although a very unorthodox design from LEGO, it comes across looking more like a jumbled Chinese knock-off rather than the usual quality produced by the company.I'm glad to see so many unique and new colors, but I'm not sure slapping the whole rainbow on this guy was a good idea. It leaves me wondering if the designers at LEGO weren't too inspired this time around. It reminds me of those old "Invincibility Robots" from China.bohrok.jpgOn a side note: I am digging Bulk, Core Hunter, and Stormer.
what on earth is that?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

what on earth is that?
Knock-offs of bionicle sets that were made in past years.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

what on earth is that?
is that legal?

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

what on earth is that?
is that legal?
Probably not, but copyright laws vary in other countries, such as where they were produced.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

what on earth is that?
is that legal?
Probably not, but copyright laws vary in other countries, such as where they were produced.
ok. i dislike when that happens.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Personally, I'm fairly fond of Voltix. His color scheme may have a lot of colors, but they're organized pretty intelligently. His main body sticks mostly to three colors (medium lilac outer layer/titanium metallic middle layer/bright red inner layer), with other colors mostly reserved for the lightning effects and red and blue wires which really help reinforce the electrical motif. Also, he definitely sticks to the electrical motif in his design... I love the "voltage booster switch" concept. With that said, he's far from my favorite of the new villains, and his color scheme could possibly be improved by reducing the amount of black (the quantity of black pieces means it's sort of competing with the red and titanium metallic, rather than just used as a base color) and possibly giving him a different head color like transparent fluorescent blue.Great review!

He looks like a bohrok undertaking surgery in Breakout, the electricity pieces look like the curved eye-piece. Also, Toys r' Us uploaded a video to a video site basically with all the summer commercials put together. It showed a Stormer XL and Stringer level of Breakout, and Stormer's one happens on bikes! :D Both boxed sets (Stormer and Speeda) have a golden top like the canister? sets. Speeda has 900 hero points to unlock! I didn't see how many Stormer had, I think it's around 500.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

In my opinion, Voltix turned out nicely. He had colors that if some unprofessional put together it would look like a mess, but a Lego designer actually knew what he was doing with this color scheme idea. Maybe for people that hate the color scheme could get more of those sets for the black pieces to fix. Plus getting more Mocing pieces. I already ordered this set, Stormer XL, Breez, Bulk, and Core Hunter from Amazon. Lego is already selling them through there. This, and Speeda Demon are probably my favorite sets as villians.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

I agree that this set had too many different colors in its color scheme, but I still think it looks sort of cool.Anyway, thanks for the review, Gatanui!

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Short arm syndrome? Weren't we complaining about too long arms some years ago?
Ah, the irony. Well, at least these can be fixed, unlike the overly large arms. :PThanks for your comments, I'm glad you all enjoyed the review! :)-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I agree with Gata here, the color scheme isn't entirely random...and that makes it look a little better. That said...I like the electric pieces, but I do not know how well they will blend in with electric looking Mocs, considering their color scheme. I suppose it would work more often than not.I cannot really agree with the tentacle very well. It looks good on him...but it would have been nice to give him a sword or staff with electric pieces on it.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I don't understand why people are complaing about the color sche- oh wait this is BZpower, nevermind the color scheme thing makes sense. :PI have a very opposite opinion, where I think that making more colors in a set is good once in a while, and they did make it look organized. That is what I love about this set. I like the rainbow type colors, and the purple. If it were black, then it would kinda just look boring. It pops out nicely, and I really really want this set to come to my door today, after I ordered it for 2-day shipping on Amazon. Lego is selling 5 of those sets through there. I just love this set, and the parts. This is probably one of the best sets I seen.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

Thanks for your work Gatanui!Still I have a really negative opinion of the set. I think the ninth picture Gatanui posted is the best to describe what is wrong with Voltix.1) The neck. This periodically returns in Lego action figures (Tuma for example).2) The colour scheme. I am happy to see purple back but not together with so many other colours in the same set.3) The helmet. This the worst problem of the set: I know that a new piece costs way more than a reused one but, hey, if the tubes do not connect well to it you have to make a new one!4) The hands + arms. They would look great for a matoran but here is a canister-size set.Not going to buy this set just for pieces either since I don't have time to build MoCs at the moment.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e: