When Mata Nui rose, what happened to the islands inside his body? In the story, nothing too dramatic happened, but in reality, wouldn't the islands be turned sideways when Mata Nui stood up? I am aware that the islands were inside domes, so did the domes rotate when he stood up? Or did he control gravity inside his body to make everything pull towards his back?

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

The latter. Mata Nui controls everything inside his universe, including gravity.I'm just surprised the inhabitants weren't affected when they emerged on Bara Magna during the Battle Of Bara Magna.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

considering he was as big as he was i imagine he had enough mass to be able to have enough gravity to keep them undisturbedgravity doesn't pull us down perse but rather toward matter. if something has matter, it has gravity. but something the size of a human doesn't have much.so i think he would probably be big enough to accomplish that.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Artificial gravity makes the direction of Mata Nui's back 'down'. As for the passage to Bara Magna, I'd... wait a moment. What if the southern islands slope gradually, imperceptibly, so that the islands in Mata Nui's feet are level with the ground they stand on?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

When the Mata Nui robot was defeated, it landed on it's back, so getting out wouldn't have been a problem then (seeing as MU and SM gravity would be the same direction), but Tahu, Takanuva and the Rahkshi armies might have had a time of it getting out of there. I'm tempted to agree with the Iron Toa, although that would be quite a feat in giant robot mechanics.

Well, I'm assuming he can rotate the polarity of his own internal gravity. It's like someone standing on the equator, exactly perpendicular to the Earth's axis. Theoretically, they're sideways, but they don't know the difference because of gravity. So the islands wouldn't have to rotate, so long as Mata Nui rotated the gravitational pull within his body.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Artificial gravity makes the direction of Mata Nui's back 'down'. As for the passage to Bara Magna, I'd... wait a moment. What if the southern islands slope gradually, imperceptibly, so that the islands in Mata Nui's feet are level with the ground they stand on?
Mind blowing idea there, I like it. There's no reason it can't be true, and there's no way any character would ever notice. It would be kind of like the curvature of the earth, except the opposite way, depending on the angle of the slope, it wouldn't be noticable.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Mind blowing idea there, I like it. There's no reason it can't be true, and there's no way any character would ever notice. It would be kind of like the curvature of the earth, except the opposite way, depending on the angle of the slope, it wouldn't be noticable.
I don't see how they wouldn't notice. If we're talking about what I think we are; at the heel basically the water tunnel between the lowest leg dome and the dome in the foot turns at a right angle, so that when he's standing the lowest island is right-side-up? There wouldn't be room for much of a gradual turn there, it would be a fairly sharp turn, easily spotted.But I don't think it would work. Pretty sure the gravity switched off for most of the thousand years he was laying on his back and the normal planet's gravity took over, not really sure, but I think so. So then that island would probably be destroyed. Would be more efficient if down was the same for them all when he was laying on his back, methinks.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But, what if Mata Nui, say, turns his head to look over his shoulder? What would happen to Metru Nui and the beings traveling from Metru Nui to other parts? the same goes for the other joints in his body where there are islands on both sides of the joint.

aouROFb.png

It's been theorized before that the tunnels work like those flexible tubes in Technic sets, with the water and the gravfield bending to keep a consistent depth always. Someone inside would see the tubes bending, but not really understand why.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)