Edit: Pohatu Nuva

Reznas

Hey guys, last night and this morning, I got bored so I decided to make some kind of image. After a bit of thought, I decided to make an image of Pohatu Nuva. So here is the final result. It took about 1 hour and a half, maybe 2 hours at most.Pohatu NuvaComments and Constructive Criticism are always appreciated.-Rez

Nice! The detail is great especially on the mask and the legs. However, the image is a bit blurry. Also, how did you make this?
Thanks. Actually, it's intended to look blurry. Considering he's in a desert, he's made to look like he's in a sandstorm or something along those lines. To be honest, it would take a very long time to tell you everything I did. I don't even remember. Just 2 hours worth of working and tinkering with different aspects of the image until I found it looked nice.-Rez

Nice! Is this an edit? Or did you draw it then edit from there?Anyways, good things first.I love the shading on Pohatu, I've never seen an effect quite like it. It gives him an almost 3D model effect.I also love the desert, the blurring as it goes back works very well, and the sandstorm fits very well.Now onto the (gulp) bad.First and foremost, the background. The texture is way to tiled to be anywhere near believable. You would have done well to draw a custom sky, or at leat try and find some non-default texture brushes.Secondly, the light blurring around the rocks and Pohatu's feet. It doesn't really make sense why that's there. Maybe you were trying to make the sand look displaced, but it looks like an obvious attempt to ease transitions.Lastly, is the text. The gloss is completely unnecessary, and the font choice doesn't really flow with the piece. It's too clean, and 'comic-y' to make sense with the stormy backdrop.I know that seems like a lot of bad, but I really do like this piece. I think it has lots of potential.I look forward to more!

jlovfkk.jpg

*Nostalgia*I really dig the picture, It's well done and while I don't dig the yellow in the center of his chest or how bright the yellow of his eyes are, those are minor gripes. Quite honestly this picture makes me want to go pick up my Pohatu Nuva and just play with him for a bit. Either that or go watch the Mask of Light movie.

“Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” - Unknown

"You can get her all the chocolates and roses you want, but a woman will never forget her first wheel of cheese." - Puff

This is pretty awesome! It definitely looks like Pohatu Nuva, and the blurriness really adds to the portrait of it trying to be a sandstorm as you said! But only thing that seems off it him standing with the background, it kind of looks like he's floating. I don't know, it might be my eyes, but still awsome portrait overall!

Thanks. Actually, if you look closely, you can see a slight indention under his feet (and the rocks). -Rez
Oh I see it now, thanks. Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Nice! Is this an edit? Or did you draw it then edit from there?Anyways, good things first.I love the shading on Pohatu, I've never seen an effect quite like it. It gives him an almost 3D model effect.I also love the desert, the blurring as it goes back works very well, and the sandstorm fits very well.Now onto the (gulp) bad.First and foremost, the background. The texture is way to tiled to be anywhere near believable. You would have done well to draw a custom sky, or at leat try and find some non-default texture brushes.Secondly, the light blurring around the rocks and Pohatu's feet. It doesn't really make sense why that's there. Maybe you were trying to make the sand look displaced, but it looks like an obvious attempt to ease transitions.Lastly, is the text. The gloss is completely unnecessary, and the font choice doesn't really flow with the piece. It's too clean, and 'comic-y' to make sense with the stormy backdrop.I know that seems like a lot of bad, but I really do like this piece. I think it has lots of potential.I look forward to more!
Thanks. I wish I could say I drew that, but sadly, it's just a render off the good old internet. So yes, it's sort of an edit, but I did much more than just take him off the internet, that was only the first step. :P Yeah, I admit the sky I made in this image looks way too tiles. I wanted to make it look sort of like a space-like sky, but using that default pattern really made it look rushed and unprofessional compared to the rest of the image. Actually, the "light blurring" is there to interpret the fact that Pohatu's feet are in the sand. The main reason I did that was to basically show that he wasn't floating in midair, but, rather, standing on the ground. Honestly, I made the text glossy and used that text to show that it wasn't part of the image. It was purely a label, nothing more to be honest. Thanks for the feedback!
Sweet! Reminds me of the old Flash animations! :)
Thanks man! :D
*Nostalgia*I really dig the picture, It's well done and while I don't dig the yellow in the center of his chest or how bright the yellow of his eyes are, those are minor gripes. Quite honestly this picture makes me want to go pick up my Pohatu Nuva and just play with him for a bit. Either that or go watch the Mask of Light movie.
Thanks. The yellow in the center of his chest is his main power source. I don't remember what it was called, but it's meant to glow like that.
This is pretty awesome! It definitely looks like Pohatu Nuva, and the blurriness really adds to the portrait of it trying to be a sandstorm as you said! But only thing that seems off it him standing with the background, it kind of looks like he's floating. I don't know, it might be my eyes, but still awsome portrait overall!
Thanks. Actually, if you look closely, you can see a slight indention under his feet (and the rocks). -Rez