Since I'm too lazy to go back and check for other Fighting Game related topics, I decided to make my own and hope for the best that it doesn't get locked.So, discuss what you want, what you have, what you like, what you don't like and other things about Fighting Games or the Fighting Game Community.(Sorry if this is against the rules)Will the "Street Fighter X Tekken Vita" Gallery Mode be added into the home console version?

I'm not a big fan of Street Fighter and similar fighters (MVC), the combos are too complicated for me, but I do like other fighters, especially Arc System Works ones, mainly Blazblue and Arcana Heart, and also Tecmo's Dead or Alive series (Best MMA fighter out there, IMO), and I'm pretty excited for DoA 5 and Persona 4 Arena (sone by ASW) later this year.

Play 3rd Strike. It's a good game. :)In all honesty, I think Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is probably the greatest fighting game of all time - 13 years old and still being played today. The parry system just makes it so much fun to play. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is even older, but it's a "broken" game IMHO in the sense that probably the entire metagame today consists of bugs/glitches (abuse of T. Hawk's lack of a throw whiff animation, unblockable Ochio command grab setups with E. Honda, unblockable mid-air Senpuu Kyaku with Ryu, etc...) that weren't originally supposed to be a part of the game.Outside of the Street Fighter series, the only fighting games I've played are Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2. Both are really fast-paced, hype (albeit broken in the same sense as SSF2T) games that I'd recommend to anyone who likes combo-heavy fighting games.Forgot to ask this: Did any of you guys watch Evo in person or via livestream this year?

Edited by Makaru

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I watched a bit of Evo on the livestream, and a bit after.Those guys are the real deal.
I don't play Street Fighter 4 (yet), but I've played enough SF in general to recognize the staggering amount of skill required to compete at this level - it's absolutely amazing.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I'm confused.I was playing Street Fighter X Tekken with Yoshimitsu and Vega (Balrog in Japan) against Julia and Raven in VS mode.Somewhere, in the middle of the 1st round, Julia's health turned blue and stayed like that for the rest of the fight.Can someone please tell me what happened?

I'm confused.I was playing Street Fighter X Tekken with Yoshimitsu and Vega (Balrog in Japan) against Julia and Raven in VS mode.Somewhere, in the middle of the 1st round, Julia's health turned blue and stayed like that for the rest of the fight.Can someone please tell me what happened?
I don't play SFxT, but maybe the Julia player activated Pandora mode?

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, no discussion of King of Fighters yet. Ah, oh well. Street Fighter's pretty fun, especially Super Street Fighter II Turbo at a lower level. Actually did an arcade run recently. Did good until Sagat, had to do the computer cheat (Player two chooses the character you're fighting (Works on all of the oponents but M. Bison), and you beat them senseless.), and then almost perfected Bison, who had one of those CPU rage things.But honestly, I prefer King of Fighters anyday to Street Fighter, and I'm getting to where I play a lot of Fatal Fury now. And how about those KoF XIII finals during EVO? Sheeeeeeeeesh! I never knew Duo Lon could be so good!

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I've thought about picking up KoF, but since I intend on competing at Evo next year, I'll need to slim down on the number of fighting games I practice seriously. As of right now, none of the fighting games I play - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (thinking of picking up Smash Bros. as well) - are at Evo, so that's a problem for me. I'll hopefully start practicing with Street Fighter IV soon, but I'm not a big fan of its game engine, at least compared to 3rd Strike or Alpha 3.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I play fightng gamesMvc3, Marvel Super heroes vs. Street fighter, Street fighter3: third strike, SF X T...I have Kof XIII... I play as ryo, because he's totally not a rip off of anything.Who d you guys play as?I play as:MVC3: Shuma Gorath, Akuma, DormammuMSHvsSF: Omega Red and Suma GorathSF3: NecroSFxT: Guile and AkumaI also play MUGEN. anyoneele hear of it? it's pretty awsome.

Gamers rise up, not down

I main Alex in 3rd Strike, plus Yang, Ken, and Urien as backups. I use A-Guy in Alpha 3 plus A-Blanka and A-Sagat as backups. In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, I use Tekkaman Blade and Ryu as my main team, though I also use Alex + Polimar and Saki + Tekkaman on occasion. (I'm also thinking of using Mega Man Volnutt + Tekkaman in the future.) I also play Marvel vs. Capcom 1 on and off every now and then - I normally use Strider Hiryu + either War Machine or Wolverine there. I've also played Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo from time to time - right now, I switch between Claw/Vega, Boxer/Balrog, and Blanka.If any of you guys are on Supercade or GGPO, feel free to challenge me - I play 3rd Strike and Alpha 3 on Supercade, plus the occasional Alpha 3 match on GGPO. I'll play Karnov's Revenge on GGPO soon, if you know what I mean. ;)

I also play MUGEN. anyoneele hear of it? it's pretty awsome.
I've seen M.U.G.E.N - it's somewhat unbalanced in my opinion.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I've seen M.U.G.E.N - it's somewhat unbalanced in my opinion.
That's untrue. due to the nature of mugen, you can have a very blanced game. I could faithfully recrete SF3 on mugen. (not sure why I would do that....)Though people tend to do things like have have Psycho Shredder ( very broken character) vs. a cvs2 accurate ryu...in MVC1 when I play it I used Captain Commando and Venom. I don't like playing mvc1 because am honestly terrible with everyone in that game except Captain Commando. Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

MUGEN is pretty interesting, I'd actually like to try programming a game with it, although it would probably be insanely unbalanced. Although I have seen a couple very balanced MUGEN games.Anyway, I play MVC1 once in a while at a local bowling alley arcade (they closed the other two arcades in town a while ago, arcades are the best for fighting games), and I usually do pretty well, I get at the top of the high score list often.

I play as:MVC3: Shuma Gorath, Akuma, DormammuMSHvsSF: Omega Red and Suma GorathSF3: NecroSFxT: Guile and AkumaI also play MUGEN. anyone else hear of it? it's pretty awsome.
I likeSSBB: Sonic, Link, SamusUMVC3: Morrigan/Spider-Man/Phoenix Wright, Nova/Amaterasu/Ryu, Ghost Rider/Captain America/ZeroSFXT: Vega, Chun Li, Ryu, Ken, Ibuki, M.Bison, Jin, Lili, Hwoarang, Law, YoshimitsuAnd that's all the physical copies of fighting games I own. I can't pick a main team (as I like them all) in SFXT, but I'm comfortable with Hwoarang, Law, Ibuki and Ryu.

Well, Blazblue: Chronophantasma was just announced, they upped the roster to 20 characters, and we'll probably see more when the console version comes out.Anyways, might as well post some of my mains:MVC2: Iron Man, Cable, Ryu, Chun-LiDOAD: HitomiBlazBlue: Ragna, Noel, ν-13Guilty Gear: Ky-Kiske, JohnnyArcana Heart: Fiona, Petra, ScharlarotSSBB: Snake, Samus (Zero Suit), Fox, PeachAlso, is SFXT friendly to people who aren't too great with Street Fighter? Because I'd really like to try that one...

Also, is SFXT friendly to people who aren't too great with Street Fighter? Because I'd really like to try that one...
Well, immediately creating a save file gives you the option to jump right into the tutorial. If you have trouble with inputting special moves, there are special gems to simplify the control scheme. You'll also need some money, as there is quite a mount of DLC locked from the disc, if you even want them at all (if you want to, you could buy the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection, which comes with 3 other games as well). The Trials mode also teaches you some combos you could use in battle, and if you can't perform a combo, you can input the Quick Combo, which does it for you.That, or reconfigure the control scheme. That worked for me.

Just got SSBB. It's quite different compared to the Capcom-style fighting game engines I'm used to - for example, most "combos" are unblockable resets - but I should get used to it soon.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png