• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Flash Fire Entry: Matoran Takua

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 19-July 06
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2012 - 08:38 PM

Surprisingly, no one has done a drawing of him yet, so I did:http://www.brickshel...kua_drawing.jpgTook about 4 hours of work. I kept screwing up mainly on his mask, but it was really everything other than his staff and backpack. I hand drew him and then made a copy to ink just in case I ruined the paper while inking. Then I got some colored pencils and my drawing was done.It's probably my best drawing related to Bionicle. Well, it's my only drawing about Bionicle in years actually :P Hope you guys like it.EDIT: Got a new one: VakamaHe was even harder than Takua. Man, those Turaga feet are hard to draw! His head is a little messed up IMO, but his mask looks great.http://www.brickshel...ama_drawing.jpg

Edited by -TD-, Jul 16 2012 - 08:21 PM.

- Tanma Dude

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,301 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2012 - 08:47 PM

The details on the arms and mask are great. The hands, however, don't really look like the "weakened" Matoran hands. Also, what's that blue circle on his back?

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#3 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 19-July 06
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2012 - 11:16 PM

The details on the arms and mask are great. The hands, however, don't really look like the "weakened" Matoran hands. Also, what's that blue circle on his back?

Thanks for dropping by. The circle is actually his backpack. There are brown straps on the front. I know I could have done better hands, but I was already erasing so much at a time and ended up just drawing simple hands.

- Tanma Dude

#4 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 15-July 12
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2012 - 10:00 PM

The mask is very well done detail wise. Nice work

sig2_0.png

#5 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 19-July 06
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2012 - 11:00 PM

The mask is very well done detail wise. Nice work

Thanks. I actually had a physical Pakari as reference and tried to get as much detail as possible into the drawing. The Tohunga pieces I just drew from memory except for some details on the torso. That I grabbed another piece for reference.

- Tanma Dude

#6 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,301 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 08:45 PM

The Vakama drawing is great. The torso has some nice details and it's cool how you even added the heart light. The feet are also nicely done. My only complaint is that the mask looks a bit big but still, great job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#7 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 19-July 06
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 09:12 PM

The Vakama drawing is great. The torso has some nice details and it's cool how you even added the heart light. The feet are also nicely done. My only complaint is that the mask looks a bit big but still, great job on this!

Thanks. I guess the top of his mask could have been smaller, but I it's fine. The main problem for me has been the coloring. When it's scanned, the colors sort of fade. I tried coloring the drawings in harder, but it didn't seem to do the trick.

- Tanma Dude

#8 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 11:54 PM

Takua looks pretty nice, I like that you put in the Chronicler's Staff and his backpack. Vakama looks even better, I especially like the mask. These are both great, especially because I'm no good at making set-like drawings at all.:P Good luck in the contest!

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#9 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 15-July 12
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 06:25 AM

Your Vakama is also very nice and set accurate, something I don't usually see.

sig2_0.png

#10 Offline Nuparu1995

Nuparu1995
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 30-December 08
  • 2,300 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 11:31 AM

Nice! They look exactly like the sets, and I like the Chronicler's Staff. ;)
Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Posted Image

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users