Set Review: 6222 Core Hunter

Sweet to see this review. I'm making him one of the first sets I get when the wave comes out in my stores in Canada. I'm also planning on revamping his design to make him look more epic.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

6222_COREHUNTER_teaser.jpgWhat's this? Another set review? It is indeed. Today Gatanui looks at <a href="http://amzn.to/MtB21Z" target="offsite">6222 Core Hunter</a>, a nasty looking baddie from the Hero Factory summer line. Too see if this set is as awesome as it looks, read on!View the full article
This set actually looks great for an HF villain (no offense fans) and I like the parts and backstory (nice and gritty).I don't seem to have a problem with the flaws that Gatanui noticed. I myself am a bit persnickety about the price though. Nice set overall. Maybe I can get it.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

That's the only new HF set that I am going to buy. The colour scheme works (so rare seeing the new wave of HF sets), the helmet is cool and overall it seems complete. IMO the arms are appropriate.Thanks for the review Gatanui!

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Impressive. Black and red are a truly evil color scheme, and they did a brilliant job with that on Core Hunter. His helmet is equally evil-looking, as are his weapons and....just about everything else on him. :lol:And it hardly matters to me if the Core Catcher does not work...I did not really expect it to be able to pull off a chest plate, though. And I really would have prefered less gray on him and more black. Contractable set weapons are usually gray, I would like a change someday.I do think this set is one of the best looking Hero Factory villains. They are getting better. A huge leap from the blank look of Rotor in 2010.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

What does Core Hunter do with the robot shells? Use them as ready-made bodies for the antiquaza cores? Maybe Black Phantom and Voltix weren't the only ones with a special role in the master plot...
Oh my god you are right I never even thought about that! :oThank you all for your feedback, I'm glad you liked it! ^_^ I may make more reviews in the future.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gatanui, I think I have an idea for making Core Hunter's core remover more effective. Unfortunately, I don't have Core Hunter, but I tried it using Jetbug's pincers and it seems to work. I inserted the pincers in between the core and the torso armor, like this:coreremoverexample.jpgThe shape of the pincers caused the core to lift away from the torso armor after I pinched them together. It takes some effort, but the core eventually comes off. I would recommend pinching close to the core rather than far from it, due to the pincers' tendency to flex.-Toa Of Justice

LDD American Flag--------------LDD Tinker Bell
american_flag.jpg_thumb.jpg----------tinker_bell_sig.png

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

How did I miss this review a while back? Well, great review, and it only makes me want Core Hunter even more. He's an awesome set, and he has great parts. He's certainly a set I'll buy if I get the chance.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hey Gatanui, I think I have an idea for making Core Hunter's core remover more effective. Unfortunately, I don't have Core Hunter, but I tried it using Jetbug's pincers and it seems to work. I inserted the pincers in between the core and the torso armor, like this:coreremoverexample.jpgThe shape of the pincers caused the core to lift away from the torso armor after I pinched them together. It takes some effort, but the core eventually comes off. I would recommend pinching close to the core rather than far from it, due to the pincers' tendency to flex.-Toa Of Justice
It should work the way you suggest, but that way Core Hunter would need to lay the Hero on the ground first. :P Thanks anyway! :)-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It should work the way you suggest, but that way Core Hunter would need to lay the Hero on the ground first. :P Thanks anyway! :)
You're welcome. :) Chances are that by the time Core Hunter is about to remove a Hero Core, the Hero in question would already be on the ground in defeat. :P-Toa Of Justice

LDD American Flag--------------LDD Tinker Bell
american_flag.jpg_thumb.jpg----------tinker_bell_sig.png

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

wil there ever be ANY bioniclel news on this "bionicle fan sight" not trying to be rude but I cant stand hero factory so it irks me when ther are hero factory stuff on here. sorry if i sounded rude.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

wil there ever be ANY bioniclel news on this "bionicle fan sight" not trying to be rude but I cant stand hero factory so it irks me when ther are hero factory stuff on here. sorry if i sounded rude.
Because Bionicle ended a long time ago. There probably won't be so many Bionicle news now that it's gone. Besides, there has to be other news from other themes in order for this place to survive and that includes HF. Anywys, I just got Core Hunter today. It's unfortunate that all of those six lenses don't "light up" red. Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg

thnks for replying. I know bionicle ended but do we really have to put hero factory here. It seems kinda disrespectfull to bionicle
Come on now, reporting HF news is in NO way disrespectful to BIONICLE. Stop imagining HF as an evil "being" or whatever that viciously killed off BIONICLE to take its place, because that is ridiculous. HF was created in reaction to the cancellation of BIONICLE, it's not that BIONICLE was cancelled because of HF. And anyway, a LEGO theme can't be evil or disrespectful to another, because LEGO themes don't live. Noone forces you to like HF and if you don't, that's perfectly fine. But there simply is no or barely any BIONICLE news that can be reported on. If there is, you can be sure to read it on the front page. Still, we as a site are still committed to reporting LEGO-related news every day, so obviously HF news are going to make it in as well.I don't want to be rude to you but all this "HF is evil and it killed BIONICLE" stuff started getting annoying a long time ago.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png