S&T Contest #7: Memoirs of the Dead

So, what if your story topic dies. Does that matter?

I don't think it'll take the judges that long to judge all the entries. If they do, I think revival would be alright in this case.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I completely forgot, when I edited my story, I added 13 words to the word count, going from 2,699 to 2,712. Can you change that in the entry list, and do I have permission to edit my entry form and story?

Go ahead. We're not including it in the entry list though; that's just to make sure you stay within the limit.

So, what if your story topic dies. Does that matter?

Entry topics follow Library rules, so they can be revived.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I've noticed two minor typos in my entry, which I've asked to be corrected. However, since nobody has replied to those requests in my entry's topic, I guess I'll just repost my question here. May I make minor grammatical corrections to my entry?

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

I've noticed two minor typos in my entry, which I've asked to be corrected. However, since nobody has replied to those requests in my entry's topic, I guess I'll just repost my question here. May I make minor grammatical corrections to my entry?

I think your entry may be missing from the list. Can you post a link to it?

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

I think your entry may be missing from the list. Can you post a link to it?

His entry is right here, TL. Mersery just changed his name.

The Mentor's Way by Mersery Judged by:The First Speaker: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Approved

fishers64: Problems Found

I authorized his edits. :)

Hey, I fixed the issues on mine a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. I know you guts are busy, but I kinda wanna know if it's ready to go to the poles.

Ok, I know what you meant, but I still want to point that out because it gave me a good laugh. Good job! :superfunny:

PS. Not laughing at you, just laughing at the thought of you actually meaning it.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Hey, I fixed the issues on mine a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. I know you guts are busy, but I kinda wanna know if it's ready to go to the poles.

Ok, I know what you meant, but I still want to point that out because it gave me a good laugh. Good job! :superfunny:

PS. Not laughing at you, just laughing at the thought of you actually meaning it.

Ok, THAT would be funny. However, that is proof of why you should read everything typed from a mobile device before publishing it. Auto-check is trying to take over the world.

However, I am (still) anxious to know if it's all set.

Hey, I noticed that on the front page, it has my user name as the author. I don't want my whole username to be the author, I just want TNT. I'm going to get a name change soon so, I still want people to recognize me (Cuz' it's still gonna be TNT-somethin'.). So yeah...could you do that for me please?

Oh, and another thing, could I have a banner at the top of my story like The Mentor's Way?

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon

new_sig_legacy_2.png

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7693#entry461145"]Protector[/url] by Colt McCoy/Codin the Fe-Matoran (according to the topic, Colt wrote it, but Codin posted/edited it because of Colt having account problems.)I approve this entry.

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7753"]Dawning Valor[/url] by DoomIgnikaI approve this entry.

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Has anyone's entry not been judged at all?

-TLhikan

No, but some (like mine) have only been judged once.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Has anyone's entry not been judged at all?

-TLhikan

No, but some (like mine) have only been judged once.

Yeah, but Fisher approved yours already :P.

Seriously speaking, if you'd like, I can go over it and approve it as well. I would like to get to people who haven't been approved and are waiting on it first though.

EDIT:

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7745"]Brothers[/url] by DeltaStrikerI see problems with this entry.

Edited  by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

How many times is each entry going to be judged?

As many times as we can, but Bones has the final say on all stories.

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7743"]Certainty[/url] by Baron Von NebulaI approve this entry.

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7746"]Hunter's Folly[/url] by Felix DzerzhinskyI see problems with this entry.

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7720"]Belief[/url] by Dual MatrixI see problems with this entry.

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

I too have also had only one Judge look at my entry.

Also, may I make a few edits to my entry to fix spelling errors and grammar errors?

Yes. :) Just be sure to post the details of what you changed.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:The Mentor's Way by Mersery

I see problems with this entry.

All easy fixes.

Okay, list should be up to date now, lemme know if I missed anything.

tj, since you asked, I'll make yours the next on my to-do list. ^_^

Alright, list updated for that.

How many times do the stories have to be judged in order to be up in the polls?

Three judges need to approve an entry for it to be "tentatively approved," but bonesiii gives the final approval.Also, for the list, Takhamavahu approved of my fixes, but hasn't officially approved my entry as of yet (in the same fashion as fishers64). Anyway, here are the changes to the entry so far (minus the spacing issues beyond the first edit and word count changes). I hope linking to applicable posts is okay (some involve spoilers, and it wouldn't really make sense to quote the posts and put them in spoiler tags when I can just link to them). I put the post numbers there as well, because it looks like links to posts don't always work correctly: - Fixed spacing of title and breaks (approved here [the 296th post of this topic]) (I posted about this originally, but I guess I must have forgotten to switch tabs because I posted it in the Ask GregF a Question topic, and it was moved to the actual story topic, not this one.)- Made ending less ambiguous and italicized a line (see the fourth post of the story topic) (approved in the fifth post); my original revision to the ending (the one that was approved) was missing a space between two sentences, which I fixed as well, as it directly relates to the already-approved revisions- Edits detailed in the seventh post of the story topic and the eighth post and approved in the first link (the seventh post) and the ninth post. Also, my word count has now risen from 2,595 to 2,619. Can I change both my entry and story posts to reflect this?

Edited by Infrared

Can I change both my entry and story posts to reflect this?

Yes.

I have left a VERY long list of small things I'd like to correct. Just posting here so I don't have to wait for such a long period of time for someone to approve. I recommend a judge/contest host who has enough to time to go through all of them, and also because in some instances I'm asking whether changes actually need to be made at all. Perhaps bonesii, seeing as he did the most in-depth critical review of my piece. :P

Edited by Fezmaster

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."