• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

S&T Contest #7: Memoirs of the Dead

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#401 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 951 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2013 - 10:41 PM

I was under the impression that each entry would be judged by each judge. When it was accepted by every judge, it would be ready for polling.

Then again, I'm not even sure if there's a set of rules for the judges or anything. There probably is, so I guess all we can do is wait and see!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

#402 Offline Takhamavahu

Takhamavahu
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,131 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 12:44 AM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Memento Vivere by Infrared

I approve this entry.

scan0013_-_copy.jpg

My sig is gone while Brickshelf is down for maintenance, but rest assured, it was really nice looking.
Flash Fire Adaptive Armour Where They All Are Tobduk Nikila Iron Wolf

#403 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 09:10 AM

I was under the impression that each entry would be judged by each judge. When it was accepted by every judge, it would be ready for polling.

Then again, I'm not even sure if there's a set of rules for the judges or anything. There probably is, so I guess all we can do is wait and see!

No, Bones gets the final say in all entries. As far as I know, he isn't expecting each of us to review every entry. 

-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

#404 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members

• 951 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 01:40 AM

No, Bones gets the final say in all entries. As far as I know, he isn't expecting each of us to review every entry. 

-TLhikan

Oh, I see! Well, that's understandable. Thank you!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

#405 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 12:58 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Casualties   by toa jalokim[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I see problems with this entry.[/font]

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan, Jan 09 2013 - 01:08 PM.

"So I'm TL now?"

#406 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,835 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 01:44 PM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:

Casualties by toa jalokim

I see problems with this entry.

Mostly grammar, all should be easy fixes.

#407 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 02:12 PM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:[url="[url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6699"]http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6699[/url]"]Rising[/url] by Toa MakaoI approve this entry. 

"So I'm TL now?"

#408 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 04:02 PM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Certainty by Baron Von NebulaI approve this entry.

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:The Teacher by Tikiturbo

I see a very minor problem with this entry.

Edited by The First Speaker, Jan 12 2013 - 03:46 AM.

le-koro_banner.jpg

#409 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,314 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hey, bones, could you do my entry, The Journal, sometime? I had some questions to ask if they were okay in that topic, and I wanted your review to check.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#410 Offline Tikiturbo

Tikiturbo
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 542 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 06:11 PM

The following comes from an authorized Contest Judge: At least one inaccuracy or error has been found in your entry. After reading this judge post, you are authorized to edit your entry to fix these errors. After editing to fix these things, please post in the entry topic saying what you changed.

What I found is very, very minor so I almost feel guilty for not giving you the approval right away.

“That’s right, I whispered. “This time we all made it. We made it together… “

There's a quotation mark missing after right. It should be “That’s right", I whispered.

This correction came from The First Speaker and has been fixed. It now reads "That's right," I whispered, instead of "That's right, I whispered.

Not Tikicrazy. Not Tikiloco. Just plain ol' Tikiturbo.

Check Out My S&T 7 Entry: "Teacher" Below

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7740

KINGDOM HEARTS Fan? PM me.

#411 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 03:43 AM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:The Teacher by Tikiturbo

I approve this entry.

Edited by The First Speaker, Jan 12 2013 - 03:46 AM.

le-koro_banner.jpg

#412 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:41 AM

[url="[url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7720"]http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7720[/url]"]Belief[/url] by Dual Matrix

I approve this entry

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan, Jan 12 2013 - 11:43 AM.

"So I'm TL now?"

#413 Offline Toa of Italy

Toa of Italy
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 325 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 06:05 AM

As an authorized Contest Juge, I have read and judged this entry:

The First Hunter by Emissary to the Void

#414 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 07:26 PM

I finnaly fixed my entry.

the word count has changed to 1,326.

I also changed the ending slightly and added a new scene

also, my entry needs to be updated on the list to say that bones judged mine.

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#415 Offline Mersery

Mersery
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 11:24 PM

I have now completed my final proof-read of my entry (or at least I hope so) and have some corrections to make. Can I have permission to make these changes (I ask here just in case the request I made in the actual topic is not noticed)?

Animation_Mangaia.png

"A Toa is not someone who has no fear - but someone who masters their fear."

#416 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 694 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 01:40 PM

What's the estimate on when the voting can begin on the contest at the moment? Sorry if this has been asked already.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#417 Offline DeltaStriker

DeltaStriker
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 91 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ok,my story has been judged by two judges, but I have yet to get a response from them. I fixed the errros, so idky they haven't responded yet.

Edited by DeltaStriker, Jan 28 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Matoro

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back."
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#418 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 06:06 PM

My story has also been judged by two judges. Would anyone else care to read it?

EDIT: OH, and my story has been updated. Can you update the entry list Bonesiii?

Edited by toa jalokim, Jan 28 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#419 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 08:53 AM

Brothers by DeltaStriker.

Edited by TLhikan, Jan 27 2014 - 09:59 PM.

"So I'm TL now?"

#420 Offline Toa of Italy

Toa of Italy
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 325 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 05:49 AM

Casualties by toa jalokim

#421 Offline Mersery

Mersery
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 01:20 AM

Forgot to say, the word count for my entry is currently 4,739.

Animation_Mangaia.png

#422 Offline DeltaStriker

DeltaStriker
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 91 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 12:30 PM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Brothers by DeltaStriker.I see problems with this entry. 

All three sets of problems have been rectified. I have yet to receive word from the judges.

Matoro

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back."
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#423 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 02:53 PM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Brothers by DeltaStrikerI approve this entry.Sorry for the delay.

le-koro_banner.jpg

#424 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,835 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:19 AM

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Dragon by Willess12.I see problems with this entry.

Basically a problem with one of the contest rules, should be fixable.

#425 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,981 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 01:42 AM

As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged this entry:  Brothers by Delta Striker I find a minor problem with this entry.

Edited by fishers64, Feb 28 2013 - 01:43 AM.

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#426 Offline Toa Makao

Toa Makao
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 319 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:46 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]So how's everything going?[/font]

Posted Image
Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)

#427 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,981 posts

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:47 PM

Here is an update to The List, which hopefully should move things along: 

Nidhiki:[color=#008000;]Memory[/color][color=#008000;] by Exitum:[/color] Judged by:Toa Lhikan Hordika: ApprovedInfared: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Problems foundfishers64: ApprovedTakamavahu: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: ApprovedTakamavahu made some suggestions, which Exitum took.Takamavahu: ApprovedInfared: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errors Casualties by Toa JalokimJudged by:TLhikan: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems foundbonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: Problems found

Infared: Problems found Zaktan:Rising by Toa MakaoJudged by:Toa of Italy: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems FoundPost addressed. TLhikan: Approved Spiriah:[color=#008000;]All That Glitters[/color][color=#008000;] by Magnus Greel[/color] Judged by:bonesiii: Approvedfishers64: Problems FoundToa of Italy: ApprovedEdits were made to fix the errorsIhu:[color=#008000;]Reflections[/color][color=#008000;] by toa kopaka4372[/color] Judged by:fishers64: Approvedbonesiii: ApprovedTLhikan: ApprovedThe First Speaker: ApprovedThe Mentor's Way by Mersery Judged by:The First Speaker: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Approvedfishers64: Problems Foundfishers64: Problems Foundbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors(bones and Mersery go back and forth over the errors Mersery found.) Naho:First Kill by TheSkeletonMan939 Judged by:TLhikan: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Approved Toa by Iku Judged by:bonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsHydraxon:[color=#008000;]Three on Three[/color][color=#008000;] by Makuta Matata[/color] Judged by:fishers64: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Lhikan:Protector by Colt McCoy & J. MascioliJudged by:Toa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: ApprovedLegends of Lhii by YioTLhikan: Problems FoundDawning Valor by DoomIgnikaTLhikan: Problems FoundToa of Italy: Problems FoundTLhikan: Approved (were the errors fixed?) Reysa:Predators by ToasylarTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Problems Found(Issue of Reysa's Dream/vision still under dispute)Memento Vivere by Infraredfishers64: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: ApprovedTakamavahu: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTakamavahu: ApprovedThe Journal by ClickTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors; However, one major problem remains unresolved.

fishers64: Problems found Mavrah:Dragon by Willess12fishers64: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Approvedbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Approved Botar:Belief by Dual MatrixTLhikan: Problems FoundTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Approved Jovan:Teacher by TikiturboTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: ApprovedThe First Speaker: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: ApprovedBrothers by DeltaStrikerToa of Italy: Problems FoundTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Approvedfishers64: Problems Found Icarax:Certainty by Baron Von NebulaTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: ApprovedThe First Speaker: Approved Matoro:Invasion by Lewa KromTLhikan: Problems FoundNo Response Yet Gorast:Hunter's Folly by Felix DzerinskyTLhikan: Problems FoundErrors addressed by bonesiiifishers64: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Problems Found TLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Ancient:The First Hunter by Emissary to the VoidTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: ApprovedToa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Kodan:[color=#008000;]The Last Chronicle[/color][color=#008000;] by TNT-DJ Vezon[/color]Toa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe Unknown Turaga by ZippyWharrgarblTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: Approved * * * The First Speaker = Mr. Hyde on the judges list (he changed his name back).  

Edited by fishers64, Jul 09 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#428 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,314 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 12:35 AM

Wow, that entry list makes my story look even more rejected. :D

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#429 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members

• 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 08:18 AM

Couple things:I may have given Dawning Valor an approval too soon, someone should go over it.

Also, Hunter's Folly is extremely long, has a number of grammar issues, and is currently in bright green font. Anyone wanting to judge it is going to have a bit of a headache. 

Wow, that entry list makes my story look even more rejected.  :D

Did you ever hear back from Bones on that one issue?

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan, Mar 03 2013 - 08:20 AM.

"So I'm TL now?"

#430 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,314 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:36 PM

No, I asked him to look over it a few times, but he has yet to do so.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#431 Offline Vivian James

Vivian James
  • Premier Member
  • Lightning Voyager

• 347 posts

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 06:27 PM

Also, Hunter's Folly is extremely long, has a number of grammar issues, and is currently in bright green font. Anyone wanting to judge it is going to have a bit of a headache.  -TLhikan

[color=#00cc00;]That's my fault because I set my posts to be that color. I didn't know it'd do that, I'll see if I can change that without editing my story. Also I changed my name from Felix Dzerzhinsky to Scanty Demon for the record.[/color][color=#00cc00;]Edit: I fixed the green text problem. I just went to the customize posts setting so I didn't edit the story. So now you can review it headache free.[/color]

Edited by Scanty Demon, Mar 03 2013 - 06:37 PM.

tumblr_naqh5beREY1sggjzmo1_500.png

#432 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,981 posts

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:45 PM

As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged this entry:The Journal by ClickI see problems with this entry.

#433 Offline Toa Makao

Toa Makao
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 319 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 12:14 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]How's everything going? Just wondering because of the silence for the last few weeks.[/font]

Posted Image
Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)

#434 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members

• 951 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'd really like to know how judging's going on, too. The anticipation is too much for me!

#435 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,981 posts

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 01:51 AM

Basically it's pretty much bogged down IMO. You all can consult the list for a status, but some judges (like me) are bogged down with other projects at the moment, and other people haven't got back to us on the errors we have found, so it is taking some time. 

#436 Offline Takhamavahu

Takhamavahu
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,131 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 04:04 AM

This is a busy time of year. Almost everyone here is either in school or working. If you're a University student, this is crunch time. I know I'm going to be up to my ears in school until the end of April. After that, there should be more people with time on their hands to get back into this contest, but for now we'll just have to be patient. Bionicle isn't going to get up and walk away in the mean time.

scan0013_-_copy.jpg

My sig is gone while Brickshelf is down for maintenance, but rest assured, it was really nice looking.
Flash Fire Adaptive Armour Where They All Are Tobduk Nikila Iron Wolf

#437 Offline ZippyWharrgarbl

ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Members

• 951 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 06:50 AM

I thought something like that would be happening. Well, I'm still really excited!

#438 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 05:26 PM

Ok, after a long time, Ive finnaly been able to fix my entry.

the Word count is now 1,342

#439 Offline Mersery

Mersery
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 05:45 AM

I'm assuming the contest's on hold until all the judges get the time to pay it proper attention? :P

Animation_Mangaia.png

#440 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,981 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 04:47 PM

Something like that, I think.