S&T Contest #7: Memoirs of the Dead

Is Hydraxon considered dead even though Dekar/Hydraxon exists?
you might be able to if you are just writing about the original hydraxon.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I looked again and I saw that he's on the list of legal characters, but thanks anyway!Edit: Another question: is it okay if the character dies at the end? Not at the end of the memoir, but after he finishes telling/writing the tale. Edited by Makuta Matata

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I looked again and I saw that he's on the list of legal characters, but thanks anyway!Edit: Another question: is it okay if the character dies at the end? Not at the end of the memoir, but after he finishes telling/writing the tale.
Yes, we have already approved an entry like that, so it's okay.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I looked again and I saw that he's on the list of legal characters, but thanks anyway!Edit: Another question: is it okay if the character dies at the end? Not at the end of the memoir, but after he finishes telling/writing the tale.
Yes, we have already approved an entry like that, so it's okay.
Oh right, the Kodan one. I remember now. :biggrin: Edited by Makuta Matata

Folks, do you think this contest needs an extension? There haven't been many entries.Is anyone planning to enter and won't be able to this week? If there's at least a few I may extend it a bit.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes, I was planning to. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well I'm for an extension, just so long as it isn't another month, though I know you won't do that. Just out of curiosity how long would this extension be? A week maybe two? Either way I could use the extra time.Edit: Yes I plan to enter and need extra time.

Edited by Felix Dzerzhinsky

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

An extension would be useful, maybe a week or two?I allowed myself to procrastinate, then started thinking that I wouldn't be able to cough up anything readable in a few days. An extension would certainly help, maybe not with the readability, but at least the story would actually exist in some form of mangled, twisted mess. :P~Necricorn

Edited by NecroticUnicorn

~Necricorn

Formerly known as Axinian the Chronicler

If you are part of the unspecified percentage who realize that "real music" is a relative term, copy and paste this into your sig.

I wouldn't mind an extension. I was going to finish it up this weekend, but I'm behind in college apps.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

That's enough people to convince me. Let's do two weeks.So new entry period closing date is the 26th (Monday, at 11:59 PM EST). :)

As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged th[e following] entr[ies]:The Last Chronicle by TNT-DJ VezonI approve this entry (after seeing minor errors which have been fixed).First Kill by TheSkeletonMan939I approve this entry (after seeing minor errors which have been fixed).Toa by IkuI see problems with this entry, all minor.Three on Three by Makuta Matata.I see problems with this entry, all minor.

Okay, I said I was entering like three months ago, so I probably should get to it. :biggrin:I've got an idea, but just one quick question. I can't remember if this has been asked, but can I establish Reysa's origins before Karzahni?EDIT: Found a way around it. Hope you guys like my story when I finish!

Edited by Click

Does the alternate Tuyet count?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

So how do I edit the minor errors that were in my story?I mean, how do I know which ones are errors, and how can I get permission to edit?

Edited by Iku

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

So how do I edit the minor errors that were in my story?I mean, how do I know which ones are errors, and how can I get permission to edit?
If a judge posts them, as indicated by the following bold statement:The following comes from an authorized Contest Judge: At least one inaccuracy or error has been found in your entry. After reading this judge post, you are authorized to edit your entry to fix these errors. After editing to fix these things, please post in the entry topic saying what you changed....then they are errors that should be addressed and you have permission to edit to fix.

I know we're not allowed to tie our story in with official stories, but are we allowed to include events that are in the official story? For example, the backstory of a certain Dark Hunter? Are we allowed to explain the backstory of a Dark Hunter (not saying they're the protagonist, just if they're related to the plot), or would this count as a tie-in?As well, can we use events that were in an official story, for example, the raid on the Toa Fortress Lhikan was stationed on? Again, not sure how much this is counted as a tie-in.

~ DoomIgnika ~ (too lazy to make an actual sig)

I plan to partake in this contest too. I'll have my entry in as soon as possible. This may sound like a bit of a silly question, but is there any requirement for action in these stories? I ask this because my story primarily revolves around dialogue and conversations over fighting and life-or-death situations, so I just wanted to see if it was alright if I had a story revolving around two characters pondering the mysteries of the Great Spirit and learning for one another. :P

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

I plan to partake in this contest too. I'll have my entry in as soon as possible. This may sound like a bit of a silly question, but is there any requirement for action in these stories? I ask this because my story primarily revolves around dialogue and conversations over fighting and life-or-death situations, so I just wanted to see if it was alright if I had a story revolving around two characters pondering the mysteries of the Great Spirit and learning for one another. :P
I don't think there's any rule regarthing action in stories. So you can do that, but you have to keep in mind that your story will have to be voted by BZPower members. This means that if they think your story is boring, they won't vote it. But do not let that change your plans, I suppose there is many people llike me, who also enjoy slower and deeper stories not based exclusively in one-liners.

le-koro_banner.jpg

I know we're not allowed to tie our story in with official stories, but are we allowed to include events that are in the official story? For example, the backstory of a certain Dark Hunter? Are we allowed to explain the backstory of a Dark Hunter (not saying they're the protagonist, just if they're related to the plot), or would this count as a tie-in?As well, can we use events that were in an official story, for example, the raid on the Toa Fortress Lhikan was stationed on? Again, not sure how much this is counted as a tie-in.
Basically you can use them as long as you aren't "pulling the rug out from under" the current understanding of them. If your story needs you to mention existing backstory briefly you can. Several entries have also shown some canon scenes that didn't get described before, just mentioned -- as long as you're true to Greg's intent of it (and preferably most of your story should be your own stuff)..I would draw the line basically at a scene that was already shown in-story. I don't recall if that raid was shown or not offhand.

Um, I have a question.If I were to use a character from either The Kingdom or Dark Mirror (both were techinically in the MU, or in TK's case, from the MU), would that work? It would obviously have to tie in with that timeline, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about clashing with many established events.

Undergoing Renovations...

Can you elaborate on the "no tying in with official stories" rule, please?
Don't screw with already established stories. The rule suggests staying away from the story because it might interfere with it, or it might end up being a retelling of what we already know.
if it has already been detailed in some way during the story, don't change it, but if it was mentioned but never actually shown, it would be fair game. Edited by Makuta Matata

This is just a small question that may've been asked before. I've made my owner banner for my story (which I'll be completing fairly soon), Is this alright, or would you prefer it if contestants didn't make their own banners?

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

Can you elaborate on the "no tying in with official stories" rule, please?
Don't screw with already established stories. The rule suggests staying away from the story because it might interfere with it, or it might end up being a retelling of what we already know.
if it has already been detailed in some way during the story, don't change it, but if it was mentioned but never actually shown, it would be fair game.
That's a good way to say it. Also, as long as it's a small part of your entry there's always the option for a judge to point out any issues and you can then edit them.
This is just a small question that may've been asked before. I've made my owner banner for my story (which I'll be completing fairly soon), Is this alright, or would you prefer it if contestants didn't make their own banners?
That's fine. :) It's been done in previous contests.