S&T Contest #7: Memoirs of the Dead

Sorry but one extension really should be enough. You can rush to the end and get permission to make some edits, within reason, if you must. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Don't worry about grammar; that can be edited later. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I FINALLY FINISHED HAHHAAHHAHAhttp://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7749"]The Unknown Turaga[/url]Author: ZippyWharrgarblProtagonist: KodanWord count: 1229

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

​Can an entry be disqualified if there are too many grammar problems (like too many typos or just being unreadable)? I don't think my entry is unreadable per say it just may have a lot of grammar errors and I'm afraid it suffer because of that. To the judges of the contest: my entry appears to have some errors in it with regards to grammar. This is because I rushed the last part of the entry point out every error you see. I just thought you could use an FYI when you're judging. Thank you.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7751"]Memento Vivere[/url]Author: InfraredProtagonist: ReysaWord count: 2,619Unfortunately, the rich text editor changed the formatting of my post a bit. Would it be okay for me to change it? Specifically, the title and breaks aren't spaced properly.

Edited by Infrared

Would it be okay for me to quickly edit my entry to include a title? It doesn't have to have one, I just am beginning to get the impression that it is required.It has a title, by the way, but it is in the name of the topic.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Yes, made it, last minute entry!Unfortunately, a lot of the other last minute entries were also Reysa, so I'm not as unique anymore. :(http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7752"]The Journal[/url]Author: ClickProtagonist: ReysaWord Count: 2,712Probably one of the longer entries, but I don't know. I still haven't read through all the others.

Edited by Click

​Can an entry be disqualified if there are too many grammar problems (like too many typos or just being unreadable)? I don't think my entry is unreadable per say it just may have a lot of grammar errors and I'm afraid it suffer because of that. To the judges of the contest: my entry appears to have some errors in it with regards to grammar. This is because I rushed the last part of the entry point out every error you see. I just thought you could use an FYI when you're judging. Thank you.
It's practically impossible. :P Don't worry about it. :)
Memento VivereAuthor: InfraredProtagonist: ReysaWord count: 2,594Unfortunately, the rich text editor changed the formatting of my post a bit. Would it be okay for me to change it? Specifically, the title and breaks aren't spaced properly.
Approved. :)
Would it be okay for me to quickly edit my entry to include a title? It doesn't have to have one, I just am beginning to get the impression that it is required.It has a title, by the way, but it is in the name of the topic.
Go ahead. :)
Now that Greg's sorta-returned, is it likely that there will be more story contests in the future?
It's possible. I wouldn't bet on likely, though. I had plans for a series of contests we'd do instead, which would have less constraints. We'll see, though; no reason we couldn't do that that anyways as well as more canon ones, I suppose. But it's all up to Greg. Edited by bonesiii

Now that Greg's sorta-returned, is it likely that there will be more story contests in the future?
I sure hope so. I would love to see some contests placed during the current storyline, even if it is more like "Meanwhile, the Matoran are..." and not the central storyline. Maybe it could be in the same sort of fashion as ATYU so that Greg can make approve it and there would be less likely to be holes?

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Go ahead. :)
Thank you very much! Do I need to put down the date of when I edited it, or... well, I guess it does that itself, huh?

No need to do that. :)

Alright, my clock reads 11:59, so that's the end of the entry period.Repeating to be clear, judging and approved editing will now continue.I'm hoping to get the Shards polls up as my next priority, while we judge the many new entries. :)

I'm amazed at how many people were able to post their entries in the last two hours of the contest.
It's fun to be a judge -_- . :P-TLhikan
That was really random. Though I do wonder; how are you guys gonna read and judge all of these entries?
Probably by consuming much sugar. :P

Crud, I've been forgetting to do this.As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Predators by Toa SylarI see problems with this entryAs an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:Dawning Valor by DoomIgnika.I see problems with this entry.As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:The Journal by ClickI see problems with this entry.

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Should someone put all the links to all the stories up at on the first post? I think that would make it easier for judges to find the stories.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Should someone put all the links to all the stories up at on the first post? I think that would make it easier for judges to find the stories.
Yeah, I'll put together an entry list soonish.

Things are getting intense here. I'm getting all fidgety just waiting around; have any entries been judged with no problems yet?

1) I haven't yet decided how to divvy up the entries; we can discuss possibilities here. Must say that I do think it would be best to have only one winning entry per protagonist. The issue is protags that only have one story; how to divide those up. But I'm willing to consider if a different simple division method might allow multiple entries per protagonist if anyone can think of one (consider, but likely not approve...).2) Go ahead. :)

Entry lists: 1. By protagonist: Nidhiki:Memory by ExitumCasualties by Toa Jalokim Zaktan:Rising by Toa MakaoSpiriah:All That Glitters by Magnus GreelIhu:Reflections by toa kopaka4372The Mentor's Way by Mersery Naho:First Kill by TheSkeletonMan939Toa by Iku Hydraxon:Three on Three by Makuta Matata Lhikan:Protector by Colt McCoy & J. MascioliLegends of Lhii by YioDawning Valor by DoomIgnika Reysa:Predators by ToasylarMemento Vivere by InfraredThe Journal by Click Mavrah:Dragon by Willess12 Botar:Belief by Dual Matrix Jovan:Teacher by TikiturboBrothers by DeltaStriker Icarax:Certainty by Baron Von Nebula Matoro:Invasion by Lewa Krom Gorast:Hunter's Folly by Felix Dzerinsky Ancient:The First Hunter by Emissary to the Void Kodan:The]http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7439]The Last Chronicle by TNT-DJ VezonThe Unknown Turaga by ZippyWharrgarbl Note: There seems to be a wide variety of protagonists, so not sure we should have categories by protagonist. 2. In order of topic appearance: (* = unjudged as of yet, I think...) MemoryAuthor: ExitiumProtagonist: NidhikiWord count:2390 RisingAuthor: Toa Makao Protagonist: ZaktanWord count: 3986 4073 http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7248"]All That GlittersAuthor: Magnus GreelProtagonist: SpiriahWord count: 2,822 ReflectionsAuthor: toa kopaka4372Protagonist: IhuWord Count: 5,973 http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7439]The Last ChronicleAuthor: TNT- DJ VezonProtagonist: KodanWord Count: 1,162 Words, including dividers First KillAuthor: TheSkeletonMan939Protagonist: NahoWord count: 3,410 ToaAuthor: IkuProtagonist: NahoWord count: 3299 Three on ThreeAuthor: Makuta Matata aka Knuckles ChaotixProtagonist: HydraxonWord count: 3,943 words 3,981 words (including dividers) The Mentor's WayAuthor: MerseryProtagonist: IhuWord count: 4661 ProtectorAuthor: Colt McCoy & J. MascioliProtagonist: Toa LhikanWord count: 1,278 Dragon*Author: Willess12Protagonist: MavrahWord count: 1129 CasualtiesAuthor: Toa JalokimProtagonist: NidhikiWord Count: 1,168 PredatorsAuthor: ToasylarProtagonist: ReysaWord count: 2913 Belief*Author: Dual MatrixProtagonist: BotarWord count: 707 Legends of Lhii*Author: YioProtagonist: LhikanWord count: 4340 Teacher*Author:TikiturboProtagonist:JovanWord count:2,498 Certainty*Author: Baron Von NebulaProtagonist: Makuta IcaraxWord Count: 5,229 Invasion*Author: Lewa KromProtagonist: MatoroWord count: 2310 http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7745BrothersAuthor: DeltaStrikerProtagonist: JovanWord Count: 1,535 Title: Hunter's FollyProtagonist: GorastWord Count: 4,713 (not counting the title and trivia)Author: Felix Dzerzhinsky Title: The First HunterAuthor: Emissary to the VoidProtagonist: AncientWord count: 3,655 (including title and dividers) The Unknown TuragaAuthor: ZippyWharrgarblProtagonist: KodanWord count: 1212 Memento VivereAuthor: InfraredProtagonist: ReysaWord count: 2,594 The JournalAuthor: ClickProtagonist: ReysaWord Count: 2,699 Title: Dawning ValorAuthor: DoomIgnikaProtagonist: LhikanWord Count: 5,912 (including dividers)

Edited by fishers64