S&T Contest #7: Memoirs of the Dead

Honestly, I think everybody should win, they are all just fantastic! But, I would have to say that it should be divided up by protagonists and put those that have no other protagonist competition into an "Others" section. Oh, when voting begins; can someone who has a story vote?

Yes, story posters can vote. There's no way we can stop you, as votes are anonymous anyway.

Honestly, I think everybody should win, they are all just fantastic! But, I would have to say that it should be divided up by protagonists and put those that have no other protagonist competition into an "Others" section. Oh, when voting begins; can someone who has a story vote?

I think we should divide by species/category (Toa, Matoran, Makuta, Dark Hunter)

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I'm getting right into the final corrections of my story (Thanks to TLhikan for pointing them out!), and I was wondering: if my story's word count varies with these changes (which are largely grammar and spelling related), do I change my entry form to account for the change, or do I simply note it when I post here to show what parts I changed?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I'm getting right into the final corrections of my story (Thanks to TLhikan for pointing them out!), and I was wondering: if my story's word count varies with these changes (which are largely grammar and spelling related), do I change my entry form to account for the change, or do I simply note it when I post here to show what parts I changed?

Yes, you can change your entry form to reflect the change in word count.

However, you want to post the things you changed in your story topic, not here.

Yes, you can change your entry form to reflect the change in word count.

However, you want to post the things you changed in your story topic, not here.

Oh, thank you very much! I will do that.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Thanks for the list(s)! I'll try to get the characters one up in the firstpost, with a bit of reshuffling, because I have decided to basically do what DJ-Vezon suggests; having an Other category in addition to the multiple-entry characters. I'll figure out a math thingamabob to decide how many winners there will be from Other. Might not have time this week though. Also need to add the lists of who has judged what, and if edits were made to fix errors found.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Um, just noticing a few entries after mine have been looked at but mine hasn't yet, not trying to be pushy but just letting the judges be aware of it http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

I know how you feel. There's probably some reason for that, I don't know what. I just hope they judge ours at some point. Admittedly I'm worried how the judges will think of our stories. Carry on. Edited by Felix Dzerzhinsky

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Thanks for the list(s)! I'll try to get the characters one up in the firstpost, with a bit of reshuffling, because I have decided to basically do what DJ-Vezon suggests; having an Other category in addition to the multiple-entry characters. I'll figure out a math thingamabob to decide how many winners there will be from Other.

That's a good idea, but some protagonists have 2 entries, so you might want to set this up so there aren't entries that have a 50-50 shot, while others have a 1 in 10 shot.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Um, just noticing a few entries after mine have been looked at but mine hasn't yet, not trying to be pushy but just letting the judges be aware of it http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

I know how you feel. There's probably some reason for that, I don't know what. I just hope they judge ours at some point. Admittedly I'm worried how the judges will think of our stories. Carry on.

Sorry we're not as fast as we could be, but I know that personally, I have finals in a week, so I don't always have a lot of spare time :blush:. Rest assured, we're trying to get to all of the entries.

For people I've already judged: I may be a bit slow getting back to some of you, because I'm trying to find time to go through people's stories that haven't been reviewed yet.

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

So...what happens now? When does voting begin?

Well I answered this in previous posts, but I may as well put it in one place. I will be launching the EM Shards contest polls first, which I'm already working on compiling, so we have plenty of time to continue judging entries and approving edits. And I hope to get a full entry list up, with who has judged what and what is now approved, in the firstpost soonish. Once all entries are approved, and specifically I have approved them all, then when I have time we'll go to polls. :) That will probably be around New Year's.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7743&p=466548"]Certainty[/url] by Baron Von Nebula

I see problems with this entry.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7746#entry464177"]Hunter's Folly[/url] by Felix Dzerzhinsky

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7740"]The Teacher[/url] by Tikiturbo

I see a problem with this entry.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7714&p=466864"]Casualties[/url] by toa jalokim

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7744&p=467289"]Invasion[/url] by Lewa Krom

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7720"]Belief[/url] by Duel Matrix

(I have no idea why, but those last two links hate me and won't be correctly formatted no matter what I do).

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

List #3: Judges List Nidhiki:Memory by Exitum: Judged by:Toa Lhikan Hordika: ApprovedInfared: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Problems foundfishers64: ApprovedTakamavahu: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: ApprovedTakamavahu made some suggestions, which Exitum took.Takamavahu: ApprovedInfared: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errors Casualties by Toa JalokimJudged by:TLhikan: Problems foundNo response yet Zaktan:Rising by Toa MakaoJudged by:Toa of Italy: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsTLhikan: Problems Foundbonesiii: Problems FoundPosts were addressed, but the errors might not have. Spiriah:All That Glitters by Magnus Greel Judged by:bonesiii: Approvedfishers64: Problems FoundToa of Italy: ApprovedEdits were made to fix the errorsIhu:Reflections by toa kopaka4372 Judged by:fishers64: Approvedbonesiii: ApprovedTLhikan: ApprovedThe First Speaker: ApprovedThe Mentor's Way by Mersery Judged by:The First Speaker: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe First Speaker: Approved Naho:First Kill by TheSkeletonMan939 Judged by:TLhikan: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errors Toa by Iku Judged by:bonesiii: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsHydraxon:Three on Three by Makuta Matata Judged by:fishers64: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsToa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Lhikan:Protector by Colt McCoy & J. MascioliJudged by:Toa of Italy: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsLegends of Lhii by YioTLhikan: Problems FoundDawning Valor by DoomIgnikaTLhikan: Problems FoundToa of Italy: Problems Found Reysa:Predators by ToasylarTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Problems FoundMemento Vivere by Infraredfishers64: Problems Found

Solution approved by fishers64The Journal by ClickTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors However, one major problem remains unresolved. Mavrah:Dragon by Willess12fishers64: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Approved Botar:Belief by Dual MatrixTLhikan: Problems Found Jovan:Teacher by TikiturboTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsBrothers by DeltaStrikerToa of Italy: Problems FoundErrors addressed; editing may not have been done yet Icarax:Certainty by Baron Von NebulaTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Matoro:Invasion by Lewa KromTLhikan: Problems FoundNo Response Yet Gorast:Hunter's Folly by Felix DzerinskyTLhikan: Problems FoundErrors addressed by bonesiiifishers64: Problems Found Ancient:The First Hunter by Emissary to the VoidTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors Kodan:The Last Chronicle by TNT-DJ VezonTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsfishers64: Problems foundEdits were made to fix the errorsbonesiii: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errorsThe Unknown Turaga by ZippyWharrgarblTLhikan: Problems FoundEdits were made to fix the errors * * * The First Speaker = Mr. Hyde on the judges list (he changed his name back). A shout-out must be given to TLhikan for making the rest of us look slow. Hopefully with the list up I will be able to go judge a few more entries...

Edited by fishers64

You know, it's too bad really that I couldn't finish my entry. What with work taking up most of my time. I really did think I had a good idea. Anyone know when the next short story contest is going to take place?

The only short story contest I can think is the Ninjago short story contest, other than that no.

I'm afraid to ask but can my entry be judged again? I mean I think there were a lot of grammar errors in the story and I'd really like to know what they are and have approval to change them. Is that okay?

You know, it's too bad really that I couldn't finish my entry. What with work taking up most of my time. I really did think I had a good idea. Anyone know when the next short story contest is going to take place?

The only short story contest I can think is the Ninjago short story contest, other than that no.

I'm afraid to ask but can my entry be judged again? I mean I think there were a lot of grammar errors in the story and I'd really like to know what they are and have approval to change them. Is that okay?

Yes, Felix. I'll get to it. Yours and Dual Matrix's story are first on my list of stories to get to.

I'm no moderator, but I would kindly ask for patience with the judging. There are a lot of entries to get to, and we are doing the best we can. (I think...:P)

Edited by fishers64

Yes, Felix. I'll get to it. Yours and Dual Matrix's story are first on my list of stories to get to.

I'm no moderator, but I would kindly ask for patience with the judging. There are a lot of entries to get to, and we are doing the best we can. (I think... :P)

Take all the time you need, I just get very antsy anxious with this sorta thing. So thank you and take as long as you see fit.

Thanks again for the list, fishers; it's added to the firstpost. I put it right at the top for easy access this time. Also added green color for those I deem (likely) approved enough for polling. Red-colored the one with a broken link from Lewa Krom; out of time right now to search for it.

In other news, almost done going through the original EM Discussion Topic for Shards contest entries. Then I'll have to go through both contest topics, eliminating any that were reposted later from the corresponding older list to make sure I don't miss any or double them up. May take a while.

At the very least, until New Year's. :)

And firstpost list updated accordingly; will try to do so ASAP from now on. Also reformatted the list a bit so it's all consistent.

Right... fixed.

As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged this entry:Dragon by Willess12I see problems with this entry.***@TLhikan: *facepalm* I updated the list, with that, forgot to put that update in the post saying I updated.*runs to update The List, again*EDIT: Willess12 edited his entry to fix the errors I pointed out, as such:As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged this entry:Dragon by Willess12I approve this entry.

EDIT: As an authorized contest judge, I have read and judged this entry:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7746&p=470253]Hunter's Folly[/url] by Felix Dzerzhinsky

I see (grammar and spelling related) problems with this entry.

List updated.

Edited by fishers64

Hello again! I have two things that I thought I'd ask about. It appears that in my haste I either typed out the wrong number or miscounted, but my entry actually has 2,595 words (I counted after fixing an edit to get this number, but the word count remained the same when I checked an older version of the story). I know that you allow for word counts to be changed when the story's actual word count changes, but can I change my word count in this instance as well? Also, when I saved my previous edit, the rich text editor changed my entry's formatting again. I'm considering opening a ticket if it continues to do this, but do you think I can get permission to fix my entry both in this case and whenever it happens in the future so I don't have to get permission whenever I save an edit? Thanks!

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7720"]Belief[/url] by Duel Matrix

As an authorized Contest Judge, I have read and judged this entry:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7740"]The Teacher[/url] by TikiturboI approve this entry.

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Hello again! I have two things that I thought I'd ask about. It appears that in my haste I either typed out the wrong number or miscounted, but my entry actually has 2,595 words (I counted after fixing an edit to get this number, but the word count remained the same when I checked an older version of the story). I know that you allow for word counts to be changed when the story's actual word count changes, but can I change my word count in this instance as well? Also, when I saved my previous edit, the rich text editor changed my entry's formatting again. I'm considering opening a ticket if it continues to do this, but do you think I can get permission to fix my entry both in this case and whenever it happens in the future so I don't have to get permission whenever I save an edit? Thanks!

Approved to edit those problems now. I can't really approve an "edit anytime" request, just on principle, but if you have just edited for an error and your formatting is off again you can edit immediately to fix that, yes. :)

List updated.

I completely forgot, when I edited my story, I added 13 words to the word count, going from 2,699 to 2,712. Can you change that in the entry list, and do I have permission to edit my entry form and story?