Click's Flash Fire Entries

Click

Okay, here's my Flash Fire entries:I started off with Takua, which is my first finished drawing in a long time. I'm thinking about calling it Decisions, because it is set at the time Jaller just died, and Takua is considering putting on the Mask of Light and fulfilling his destiny, while also giving up his carefree life of a Matoran and most of his adventures. So, I present:

Decisions:

Takua Flash Fire Entry

takuaflashfire.jpg_thumb.jpg

Completely hand drawn, and it probably took about 2-3 hours. I'm not sure because I finished it, and then kept coming back and adding some minor shading detail or filling in a new color. Anyways, I hope you like it, and it's worthy of your approval! (I just saw that Uncle K just entered his Jaller, so it's going to be a tough competition!)Next off, Vakama! I gave him a contemplating pose as he stands over a fire, thinking about the past. His design is based on the set with elements of MoL and my style. I also thought his legs needed a bit of detail, so I gave him a bit of a reminder of his Toa Metru days. I really tried to make his pose look humanlike, so comments on that would be nice.

Memories:

Vakama Flash Fire Contest Entry

vakamaflashfire2.png_thumb.jpg

It took about 1-2 hours this time, as I didn't make it as clean as Takua and had to do some clean-up in Photoshop afterwards anyways. The pose took the longest time, because for some reason, the legs wouldn't turn out right. I just settled with a stiff pose that actually turned out nice. I've also been working hard on my glow effects, so I added in two light sources and tried lighting him up from there. How's it look?Okay, and now to finish off the contest, my entry of Tahu, which I unfortunately finished about an hour after the contest ended, and was just able to scan it now.Tahu glances around, wary through the smooth cave. He didn't know rocks like Pohatu, but he could tell that this is not a natural cave. It seems small, clawed hands carved its smooth face.As he rounds another corner, he finds the answer he was looking for, but wishing he wouldn't find. The Bohrok Nest, a massive round complex filled with the cylindrical sleeping chambers of the Swarms. Just as he notices this, a quick blow knocks off his mask, and he reels backwards into a wall, looking for the opponent that dared to attack to Toa of Fire.A soft, wet mass follows the blow, and attaches itself to his face. Its soothing voice gently directs him to see his foe, a now empty Tahnok, and Tahu realized what's on his face. He feels something he thought he never would...

Fear

A Tahu Flash Fire Entry

tahuflashfire.jpg_thumb.jpg

I took a little more interesting approach to this one, but with the same style I've been using. I wanted a memorable moment in Tahu's history, like I've done for the rest, but at the time he was a Mata. After looking through the comics, I found one pose that looked cool, and I've been wanting to try for a while, the moment he's captured by the Tahnok temporarily. I've been wanting to try out my Krana interpretation for a while, but I forgot to add the little tentacles that reach off the sides into the face. Ah well.So it took about two hours, and it was going to be a last minute entry, except I forgot the time zone change. :( So, I missed the contest, but I still thought I'd post it for your opinions, so post away! :)

Edited by Click

Nice Vakama, there is emotion in this picture as it seems he is gazing into the fire.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Takua looks a bit weird to me. He has strangely-shaped arms and his head seems a bit squished. But I can't complain too much, it's better than mine.:P The Avohkii in the picture looks great.I think Vakama is the better of the two. I like that he resembles the MoL Vakama. The pose is really great too.Overall, these are both great entries and I wish you luck in the contest.:)

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Thanks for your comments! It's nice to finally draw something to its completion in my style.@Kayn and IceMaster: Thanks, that emotion was what I was trying for. That's mostly what I've been working on lately, emotion, pose, and detail. And I'm glad you like the staff, IceMaster.@Senrab: Guess I can't please everyone, right? :) The arms are supposed to be set-like, and the head is my interpretation of a Matoran Pakari, a little more circular, with larger, rounder details.@Toa of Geek: Thanks! That's what I was going for, hoping that I would get voters, like me, who think Uncle K's is a bit too cluttered, but I guess not.Added my late entry, Tahu. ;)

Edited by Click