• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Click's Flash Fire Entries

Takua Tahu Vakama Flash Fire Contest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 10:18 AM

Okay, here's my Flash Fire entries:I started off with Takua, which is my first finished drawing in a long time. I'm thinking about calling it Decisions, because it is set at the time Jaller just died, and Takua is considering putting on the Mask of Light and fulfilling his destiny, while also giving up his carefree life of a Matoran and most of his adventures. So, I present:

Decisions:

Takua Flash Fire Entry

Posted Image

Completely hand drawn, and it probably took about 2-3 hours. I'm not sure because I finished it, and then kept coming back and adding some minor shading detail or filling in a new color. Anyways, I hope you like it, and it's worthy of your approval! (I just saw that Uncle K just entered his Jaller, so it's going to be a tough competition!)Next off, Vakama! I gave him a contemplating pose as he stands over a fire, thinking about the past. His design is based on the set with elements of MoL and my style. I also thought his legs needed a bit of detail, so I gave him a bit of a reminder of his Toa Metru days. I really tried to make his pose look humanlike, so comments on that would be nice.

Memories:

Vakama Flash Fire Contest Entry

Posted Image

It took about 1-2 hours this time, as I didn't make it as clean as Takua and had to do some clean-up in Photoshop afterwards anyways. The pose took the longest time, because for some reason, the legs wouldn't turn out right. I just settled with a stiff pose that actually turned out nice. I've also been working hard on my glow effects, so I added in two light sources and tried lighting him up from there. How's it look?Okay, and now to finish off the contest, my entry of Tahu, which I unfortunately finished about an hour after the contest ended, and was just able to scan it now.Tahu glances around, wary through the smooth cave. He didn't know rocks like Pohatu, but he could tell that this is not a natural cave. It seems small, clawed hands carved its smooth face.As he rounds another corner, he finds the answer he was looking for, but wishing he wouldn't find. The Bohrok Nest, a massive round complex filled with the cylindrical sleeping chambers of the Swarms. Just as he notices this, a quick blow knocks off his mask, and he reels backwards into a wall, looking for the opponent that dared to attack to Toa of Fire.A soft, wet mass follows the blow, and attaches itself to his face. Its soothing voice gently directs him to see his foe, a now empty Tahnok, and Tahu realized what's on his face. He feels something he thought he never would...

Fear

A Tahu Flash Fire Entry

Posted Image

I took a little more interesting approach to this one, but with the same style I've been using. I wanted a memorable moment in Tahu's history, like I've done for the rest, but at the time he was a Mata. After looking through the comics, I found one pose that looked cool, and I've been wanting to try for a while, the moment he's captured by the Tahnok temporarily. I've been wanting to try out my Krana interpretation for a while, but I forgot to add the little tentacles that reach off the sides into the face. Ah well.So it took about two hours, and it was going to be a last minute entry, except I forgot the time zone change. :( So, I missed the contest, but I still thought I'd post it for your opinions, so post away! :)

Edited by Click, Jul 24 2012 - 11:17 AM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nice! The details are awesome and the colors are cool. However, the hands are a bit hard to see but other than that, great job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#3 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 04:53 PM

Added Vakama ;) Please comment, critique, and vote!

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#4 Offline Toa Kayn

Toa Kayn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 284 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 05:00 PM

Nice Vakama, there is emotion in this picture as it seems he is gazing into the fire.

isjfgex.pngBZ Koro - The Movie 2 - 40% Complete (Trailer #1 90% Complete)    

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 07:21 PM

The Vakama picture looks great. The "mood" of it is great and so are the staff details. I don't see any cons with it. Great job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

#6 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 11:59 PM

Takua looks a bit weird to me. He has strangely-shaped arms and his head seems a bit squished. But I can't complain too much, it's better than mine.:P The Avohkii in the picture looks great.I think Vakama is the better of the two. I like that he resembles the MoL Vakama. The pose is really great too.Overall, these are both great entries and I wish you luck in the contest.:)

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#7 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2012 - 05:42 PM

These are both really good. I like how you made them look detailed without looking cluttered.

I really need a better signiature.

#8 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for your comments! It's nice to finally draw something to its completion in my style.@Kayn and IceMaster: Thanks, that emotion was what I was trying for. That's mostly what I've been working on lately, emotion, pose, and detail. And I'm glad you like the staff, IceMaster.@Senrab: Guess I can't please everyone, right? :) The arms are supposed to be set-like, and the head is my interpretation of a Matoran Pakari, a little more circular, with larger, rounder details.@Toa of Geek: Thanks! That's what I was going for, hoping that I would get voters, like me, who think Uncle K's is a bit too cluttered, but I guess not.Added my late entry, Tahu. ;)

Edited by Click, Jul 24 2012 - 11:22 AM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#9 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 11:29 AM

The Tahu entry is great! The Krana is nicely done and so is the torso. My only complaint is that the feet look a bit too small but other than that, nice job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users