Well guys, I have been toying with this idea for a while and wanted to see your input on the subject. Would you want to see a reboot of the original series, 1.0? The graphical quality could use a revising and I kinda wanted to test out my skills before I start the next series, Corruption. Would you guys be interested in that?
Do you mean redoing every single comic except with better quality?
Everything before the Awakening Saga, yes

sig2_0.png

Well guys, I have been toying with this idea for a while and wanted to see your input on the subject. Would you want to see a reboot of the original series, 1.0? The graphical quality could use a revising and I kinda wanted to test out my skills before I start the next series, Corruption. Would you guys be interested in that?
Sounds good then.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

You might as well give it a shot.
Sounds good then.
Sounds like a good idea.
Well then, seems like I will do that when Awakening is finished.

sig2_0.png

Well, here it is. 5 days in the sitting and waiting for me to stop being lazy. Sorry for the delay. I've been changing many things and have been bogged down with college work. If you haven't noticed, I have been doing a little rebranding of the front page and the comics themselves. Check it out. The comics will be going through a major change come season two. I'm trying to make sure everything is going to be just right. To be honest, I have kinda lost interest in the current series since I realized how many flaws it has.

I have been given permission from Gavla to use his panel sizes, so I will be trying those out to see how I want my eventual custom panels sizes to be. I will also be changing a few color schemes. Starting with Zorax in this comic, just cause the black was pissing me off. I promise you guys will enjoy the new season. I will be running on a schedule from here on in, so that gives me a little over a month to finish up this series and redo the original 20 comics. It's going to be tight because my deadline is going to be January 1 2013. That's right, the New Year will be a new year for these comics as well, and I'm going to, for the first time in 5 year, attempt to change the name of the series. If you could give any suggestions, it would help.

Also, i have stopped naming the comics in this saga in order to clean up and organize. So, without further ado, the comic.

The Awakening: Part 40

sig2_0.png

Good to see you're working on improvements, but Zorax looks a bit too pale. I think you should use Pheonix's gunmetal rather than what you made him have.

I think he looked better before.

But I am wondering what core he's talking about...

Whoa, the blood is merging with the flames. That's cool.

As for more improvements, I think a good idea might be to create "injured" sprites. You know, cut out a piece of the character that is torn out or stabbed, then fill it with something, like gears, cogs, wires, etc. All the action suggests more visible injury.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

More rebranding is happening as we speak, or type. I can't wait for the new year and I hope I can deliver on time.

The Awakening: Part 42

Basically, Zoraxs' armor exists in layers. This is his last layer before armor is breached. Also, the hearts of the Kezrians are pure information. In them, exists all of their functions and processes. One example is a key code to the core room. Zorax received the information to the location of the room when he read Zoraxs' mind a few comics ago.

sig2_0.png

I guess the layers would explain how he became pale...seems cool to me! I see you added "damage" to the white layer. I see bits of gray in it.

However, I thought red flames were the least hot, and yet he melted off most of Zorax's armor!

I thought of Smokescreen and the Omega Key when I saw him tear out the Core Key..

Now I'm wondering who this "Kaitiaki" is. Though I guess I'll have to wait till next comic!

Good work!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Remember, Makuta can shapeshift. Zorax prefers a smaller form. Plus, his armor is older and more fragile.

Here is yesterdays comic. I'm sick, so I don't know If I will make another one today. Zorax will soon reach the core if he continues on his path of destruction.

The Awakening: Part 44

Leaving you guys to figure out what's happening. It will all be revealed soon.

sig2_0.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Happy New Year everybody. I can't wait to continue my comic series and end the awakening saga. All I'm waiting for is my new computer to arrive/ship and I will get back into the swing of things. I can tell you that there will be 3 if not 4 more Awakening comics that should tie up all the cliffhangers in the series. I can elaborate on a few things, though.

Percepter is like a living ball of information that controls the islands infrastructure. He has a very significant role in the universe that will be explained upon later. The reason Zorax is after him/it was so he could take control of the island and accomplish a sort of plan he had.

The only character that I have not explained is Lerahk. I actually don't know what to do with him since he has no real story significance whatsoever. I have a small idea, but it would only function as a cameo to people with sharp eyes.

I do hope you enjoy the coming comics and I hope to continue as soon as possible.

sig2_0.png

• 2 weeks later...