Portal Project Gets 10,000 Votes on Cuusoo

Yet another video game project has reached 10,000 votes on LEGO Cuusoo. The Thinking With Portals Project is based on the popular Portal games, and features some awesome ways to recreate the game using our favorite construction bricks. Even better, the project was put together by BZPower's very own Brickthing, 55555, Kakaru, and Lego Junkie, all under the name Team Jigsaw. The LEGO Cuusoo Team has already commented on the project, and it's officially entered into the Review phase. You can see the proposed sets for yourself by visiting its <a href='http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/18258' target='offsite'>Cuusoo Page</a>. Congratulations, Team Jigsaw!View the full article

Good job, guys! :) Best of luck in the reviewing process! If your great project succeeds, I propose an honorary member title for you (now seriously!). :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I sincerely hope that the cake does not turn out to be a lie.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Why does the minifig in the picture of the Portal Puzzle Board Game have no arms? :blink:Anyway, good luck in the reviewing process!
That's a microfigure, a smaller fig with a 1x1 footprint used primarily in Lego board games.Anyway, I'm optimistic about this project's success. The concept is well-executed (with three different concept sets), the subject matter is family-friendly (I imagine the Thinking with Portals initiative to use Portal 2 in education can only help its case), and Valve strikes me as the kind of company which would be willing to agree to a fair licensing agreement.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I sincerely hope that the cake does not turn out to be a lie.-don't touch my pocket protector
You, sir, deserve my sincere kudos. :P-Gata signoff.png
Yes, ditto. That cake better not be a lie, because it's Lego Portal Cake!!I really hope it passes, the pieces used are brilliant (especially those rounded 1x2s and the Turrets!), and I can't wait to get my hands on that Lego GLaDOS!! I had no idea that Team Jigsaw was on BZP, and they better thank Valve for posting that on Steam. That's where at least 6,000 of their supporters saw it. :P

I still can't believe it reached 10,000 so quickly. I haven't played the games, but the sets look like they would be pretty cool.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Awesome! Congrats Team Jigsaw! I'll be excited to see what LEGO can do with this opportunity, because it gives many possibilities and a lot of creativity.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Awesome, and those MOCs/hope-to-be-sets look very cool, too!

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Great job guys! The only problem I have is that it (if successful) will be a liscensed theme, and I have a problem with them. One, lego dosen't have to really stretch their imaginations to produce it, and two, sets worth 10 dollars become 20, sets worth 20 dollars become 30, and so-forth.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Great job guys! The only problem I have is that it (if successful) will be a liscensed theme, and I have a problem with them. One, lego dosen't have to really stretch their imaginations to produce it, and two, sets worth 10 dollars become 20, sets worth 20 dollars become 30, and so-forth.
While I do agree with you about licensed themes, this is one of the few ones I am actually looking forward to. They should've done this sooner

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Licensed sets still require imagination. Building a model from a movie or video game isn't really that different from building models based on real-life vehicles or buildings, after all. And you're way overstating the price discrepancy between licensed and non-licensed sets. Yes, the price gets bumped up, but never to double the price of an equivalent non-licensed set. Heck, the Minecraft model ended up at a very reasonable price for its piece count.

Great,now all we need is a Team Fortress 2 lego set and possibly a Half-Life or L4D
Those two are far less likely, since both are extremely violent compared to Portal, in which the only foes are robots and the only blood spilled throughout the game is your own.