Which Villains Were Best?

I'm talking about main-line, canister villains. Bohrok? Kal? Rahkshi? Vahki, Visorak, Piraka, Barraki, Makuta, that kind of stuff.Oh wait, just mentioned all the choices. (Though it is ok to post other main-line options.)This topic isn't about Roodaka, or Brutaka, or other single villains. (Though Brutaka was a real three-dimensional character.)As for me, I'd say the Makuta. All unique designs, and they were the ultimate enemies. Granted, their strength was downplayed, but they all had unique personalities. I mean, they weren't developed, but none of the options displayed ever were. (And only three groups had potential for it...)[bones: Storywise this would be a dupe of this topic, so please only discuss the villains setwise here. :)]

Edited by bonesiii

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The Makuta because, even though Teridax killed the others off in the end, they did still achieve their goal. The Piraka are a close second because they were the second wave of canister sets (after the Bohrok-Kal) to each have their own personalities.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Since there are so few options, this might be better as a poll. But on-topic, my favorites would probably be the Piraka. They struck me as some of the best "Anti-Toa" in not only having a wide range of versatile powers like the Toa, but also having clashing personalities (which, unlike the Toa's conflicts, were not often tempered by any sense of unity). Set-wise, they had unique color schemes and a striking appearance, despite being some of the last true "clone sets".The Barraki were neat, but while their personalities and appearances were awesome, their powers were not very versatile and left much to be desired. The Makuta were intimidating, but the Phantoka Makuta were too similar in appearance, and all of the Makuta's personalities ranged from awesome (Krika and Antroz stand out) to forgettable (besides his unique mask power and appearance, Bitil had very little going for him).Pre-2006 villain "teams" never had very interesting personalities, besides the mostly-non-set Dark Hunters, but their uniqueness and diversity took away from any sense of cohesion they might have had.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Since there are so few options, this might be better as a poll. But on-topic, my favorites would probably be the Piraka. They struck me as some of the best "Anti-Toa" in not only having a wide range of versatile powers like the Toa, but also having clashing personalities (which, unlike the Toa's conflicts, were not often tempered by any sense of unity). Set-wise, they had unique color schemes and a striking appearance, despite being some of the last true "clone sets".
Agreed on this. The Piraka were some of my favorite sets and characters, for reasons like what you've mentioned. They also had much better appearances than many of the small canister sets due to those rubber spines, as well as from the many cool new pieces they introduced. So yeah, I'm a fan of the Piraka.~B~

Tricky to figure out what to do with this topic.

Since there are so few options, this might be better as a poll.
He said it would be okay to discuss others, so wouldn't fit. A poll could be made too though.If this was about both sets and story, so villains overall, it could be here, but since there is already a story topic about villains, here, this topic is a dupe storywise. Thus, all that is left to discuss here is sets, and so moving to Sets...

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

:kaukau: A poll could be made, but what if I wanted to mention a specific set? As it happens, one of my favorites is Malum, along with the Rahkshi and Bohrok. If I had to narrow it down, though, I might put Malum in third place. I still can't decide between the Bohrok and the Rahkshi.Merida

I loved the villains from 2006 through 2008, aka the Piraka, Barraki, and Makuta, especially because they were the first 18 villains to not be part of a swarm of some sort. But, the best of the 3 has got to be the Makuta.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

My favorites were the Bohrok-Kal (SHINEH CHROME!! :D) and the Rahkshi, mainly for their menacing look and unique powers.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Set-wise, I loved the Bohrok, Bohrok Va, and Rahkshi. The Bohrok could roll into balls, and I thought that was cool. That little chicken head gear function was cool too. The Vas were nice, portable little guys, and I love that. And the Rahkshi...man, I loved those things. They were bad...donkeys.

Bohrok will always be number one in my book. They were the first ever Toa sized villains that included six of them. That and they had an epic storyline, with the Exo-Toa and whatnot, and the Krana which were epic, I loved putting Krana on my Toa's faces when I played with the toys and made them fight each other, the Kraata on the Rakshi weren't as good, they always fell off the faces. Plus the Bohrok rolled into balls, and their heads shot forward, which was good for knocking off masks. The Rahkshi are second best, just because they had awesome colors, and they just looked epic. The Vahki were weak attempts to recreate the Rahkshi in my opinion, structurally they were two similar. The Piraka are the next best, better than the Barraki and then the Makuta. The Makuta sets were weak in my opinion, overused parts, build of the Toa on most, and I hated how weak and rahi like most of them were. The Piraka were the best for squaring off one on one with a Toa in my opinion, plus I love how their eyes lit up, their weapons were cool and original, and they had those awesome grins man. Visorak were okay, I liked snapping their jaws, but they were nowhere near Bohrok status. For me it goes: Bohrok>Rahkshi, Piraka, Vahki, Visorak, Barraki, Makuta, Kal (they were the same as the Bohrok just with different markings really). I'm basing this off of how much I played with each villain, and how much I enjoyed playing with them. We seemed to have forgot the Skrall to the list, but probably just because they were so horrible and generic.

I think the Barraki were pretty cool, because they were probably the most diverse canister sets in the theme.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Bohrok will always be number one in my book. They were the first ever Toa sized villains that included six of them.
Bohrok were half the size of Toa.I actually liked the bestial Makuta appearances. A sentient villain that looks like a monster=awesomeness. Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I liked the Kal because they were essentially the bohrok, but with better coloration. I always feel tempted to call them the Bohrok Nuva. Plus, they were the first villains to show personality, and, in some cases, they even showed pity towards defeated foes. Not to mention the fact that they *technically* aren't even villains.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I loved the Bohrok. I used to use the Toa as bowling pins and the Bohrok as bowling balls. Good days.
:kaukau: That's actually awesome. I'm going to have to try that sometime.So yeah, another reason why the Bohrok were awesome. I actually remember finding creative ways to roll my Tahnok around. My favorite way was to roll him down a slide with my Pahrok and see who would fly out first. Good times.Merida

We've certainly had quite a wide variety in the way of canister villains, haven't we?The Bohrok were special for being the first. Being able to roll them up like balls and their head-snapping gimmick allowed for a lot of fun.The Rahkshi introduced what would later become a stable - knees. They were wonderfully articulated, if only brought down by lacking elbows. They were also clearly evil and sinister.And the Piraka. Few other villain canisters, in my opinion, had such clear character as them. After five waves of villains being just generic monsters, this would seem pretty obvious. But even with the Barraki, Makuta, and even some Glatorian after them this wasn't as clear. The Glatorian were too ambiguous. The Barraki and Makuta too beastly for their own good in some cases. But the Piraka? They had just the right amount of malice, in no small part due to the nature of their faces. The rubber spines and heads allowed for much more emotion to be conveyed.I also liked them for their parts. Their thigh armor remains one of my favorites and their shins saw widespread use. Which isn't a bad thing considering they were streamlined and nicely sized - so overall looked good. Their feet weren't that great, but those also saw very widespread use...Oh and the glow-in-the-dark heads and glowing eyes were abslutely brilliant. Definitely added to that terror factor.So I'll have to agree with what seems to be the majority opinion here - the Piraka were awesome.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

If you don't count the box villains, then I'd say the Piraka.Counting box villains:Makuta Teridax as he is the Palpatine of BIONICLE. He is the single most important character in the storyline (more so than the Toa Mata). After him are the Rahi and Bahrag.

The Legend Lives...

The Bohrok will always be my favorite. They had numerous fun features combined into one design. Their attack actually had some power behind it, whereas the arm-swinging tended to be rather weak.They also managed to integrate the ball-up feature while managing to 1) make them look decently spherical and 2) keep the set from looking like an unfolded sphere when open.They even got a Krana-chucking bit in there, which is cool.And with all this, they still had the aggressive look.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Personality-wise Piraka, but for looks definitely Barraki

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Tough between the Karda-Makuta, Barraki and Piraka. The Barraki's back story was awesome, and the Makuta were powerful and the only members of their species we had seen since Terrdax. But I give it to the Piraka. The Makuta were all killed off and we never got to know them as well as the Barraki or Piraka, and the Barraki while deadly and powerful, IMO were just not as good as the Piraka, or as Nostalgic. As well, their past was one of the best stories in Bionicle. Zaktan was right up there with Teridax as one of the best villains, and I have liked them the most ever since Legacy of Evil.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

• 3 weeks later...