Battlescapes Results!

bonesiii

lego_battlescapes_banner2.png

Across the landscape of imagination they raced to enter the fray – they battled, sparks (and bricks) flew, and three emerged victorious! Please join me in congratulating CrunchbiteNuva, Aanchir: Rachira of Time, and Kevinhink as the winners of the LEGO Battlescapes General Artwork contest!Here are the winning images. Titles link to the original entry posts.1st Place – Persona – by CrunchbiteNuvapersona.jpgFor his top win with this brilliantly metaphoric psychological interpretation of the contest theme, Crunchbite will receive a LEGO gift card worth $95 (will ship $80 sets)!2nd Place – Swarm of the Century – by Aanchir: Rachira of Time Click for fullsize:7141980905_3e9fc12b02_b.jpgWith this action-packed, pony-ified Bionicle battle with the bug bots, Aanchir will receive a LEGO gift card worth $50 (for $40 sets).3rd Place – LEGO® Wild West vs. Classic Space – by Kevinhink7155025332_b02e4c1642.jpgFinally, for this technicolor wild west clash with oldschool star explorers, Kevinhink will receive a LEGO gift card worth $30 ($20 sets).Congratulations to our winners![Edit: So, turns out I read the gift card system wrong, and you can only go by increments of five dollars. Previously announced amounts have thus been rounded up to the nearest five. :)]HONORABLE MENTIONSCrunchbiteNuva also won the #2 spot in the “final” poll; as we allowed multiple entries per member, but each member can only win once among the prize-awarded 1st-3rd Places. Here is that entry:Roodaka Vs. Toa Hagah – by CrunchbiteNuvacrunchyentryfinal.jpgDue to the readjusting because of CrunchbiteNuva's two poll wins, in the “final” poll this moved up two images to tie for 3rd Place. A tiebreaker was run, and Kevinhink won, earning the 3rd Place spot. But the other image by Onewa7 was very good too and deserves a mention!Battle in Mangaia – by Onewa7000_0038.jpgThanks to all the artists and voters who participated! Now go enter the Flash Fire - Character Design Contest before it's too late!

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wow, the results!So glad to see CrunchbiteNuva won, he deserved it.Everyone did a really good job, and it was hard to pick a winner; but in the end it was the participating that mattered.I should have joined in, though i couldn't find the time...This was a great contest, and it was a complete succes.Congradulations to everyone that submitted, and a round of applause for Bonesiii for organising this.-Dwanny

I'm so happy to have placed within the top three for the first time in a BZPower art contest! I'm proud of myself, and proud of the other winning entrants. All of them were stunning, and to be honest I wasn't sure I would even stand a chance of placing with how much talent there was in this contest.

• 5 months later...

Ooh... What a conglomeration of beautiful artwork! The winner isn't exactly what I think of when I hear "battescape" but I guess that's part of the originality. It does look really cool, though. Kind of like a movie poster, too. And the graininess is a nice effect. And it's a cool sort of "epic rival confrontation" thing, too, like a Star Wars duel. Awesome.

My Little... Bionicle? Okay... Well, I love it. :P Tahu with hooves... What a concept. How many more times with those poor Toa undergo transmogrification? :P

Ooh, space vs. cowboys. What strange warp in space and time is going on here...? But it's a cool picture. Is this based on a scene from Lego Battles? :eyeroll:

The Honorable Mentions are really good, too. Congratulations, all you winners!

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

• 4 weeks later...