• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Flash Fire Entry - Jaller

Flash Fire Contest BIONICLE Matoran Jaller

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,226 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 10:58 AM

Here's my first entry for the Flash Fire Character Design Contest! I chose to draw the Captain of the Guard, Jaller, who should need no further introduction.

Posted ImageClick for full size

I chose to illustrate him in the same style as a Macku drawing from a couple years back. I think I did a much better job with this drawing than with that one, of course. The pose is less simplistic and I tried to keep the lineart and coloring a lot cleaner.UPDATE: Here's my second entry, the venerable Turaga Vakama!

Posted Image

Anyway, questions, comments, and criticism are encouraged! Not sure if I will stand much of a chance in this contest, but it's always great to have a motivation to keep drawing!

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Jul 22 2012 - 04:35 PM.

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

#2 Offline Shadow FF

Shadow FF
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 08-November 11
  • 1,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 11:07 AM

The torso is well done and the mask is cool. The colors are also great. By the way, is this supposed to be Jaller in Kolhi gear? If so, I think the staff should look a bit more like a hammer. Nice job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Just call me FF or Veigar no matter my current username.

"I wish... you taken my hand... and no one ever found that 

teapot in the first place..."

~ Jay, Ninjago

#3 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-April 07
  • 3,167 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 11:32 AM

Good job on the gradient shading. I have to say that this is a good improvement from the drawing of Macku. :)
--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#4 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-June 12
  • 236 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 12:38 PM

This is very good. The details are great, and it's a good mix of movie and set style. I like the feet, they blend well with the rest of the character. My only complaint is that the neck looks like it's twisted at an awkward angle.

I really need a better signiature.

#5 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,226 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 01:08 PM

The torso is well done and the mask is cool. The colors are also great. By the way, is this supposed to be Jaller in Kolhi gear? If so, I think the staff should look a bit more like a hammer. Nice job on this!

No, this is actually meant to be Jaller in his Ta-Koro Guard equipment (as pictured here). Glad you like this. :)

This is very good. The details are great, and it's a good mix of movie and set style. I like the feet, they blend well with the rest of the character. My only complaint is that the neck looks like it's twisted at an awkward angle.

I tried to get the neck-twist as natural-looking as possible, but it was quite a challenge and I'm not surprised that it still looks a bit uncomfortable or awkward. I'm glad you like the style.

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

#6 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 15-July 12
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 06:23 AM

I have to say, even thought the Jaller is extremely good, I love your Vakama. The way he is holding the Vahi and the wind is blowing his robes is very amazing. Very well done.

sig2_0.png

#7 Offline Nuparu1995

Nuparu1995
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 30-December 08
  • 2,300 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 11:32 AM

A very cool biomechanical take on these characters. And nice way to include the Vahi. ;)
Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Posted Image

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users