LEGO Colosseum

LEGO Certified Professional Ryan McNaught, aka "The Brickman," has recently posted his latest project: an impressive 200,000 brick model of the <a href=' http://www.thebrickman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=71' target='offsite'>Roman Colosseum</a>. Currently on display at the Nicholson Museum in Sydney, Australia, the model is unique in that it incorporates both the modern ruins of the ancient structure (complete with tourists!) and a re-creation of what it might have looked like back in the day. In all, it is an extraordinary creation, and definitely worth a look! <a href=' http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanmcnaught/sets/72157630334220300/with/7513515180/' target='offsite'>Click here</a> for more photos.View the full article

LCPs never cease to amaze me as to how much talent they show. It's only a shame people seem to only focus on only one or two professional builders, when even hobbyists can produce amazing models.I could sit here and critique this model, but Ryan doesn't come here (that I know of) so it does me little good :P

bzpsig2015.png

That colosseum looks fantastic, if only I think it would've looked better in tan. Still, great job! :) Thanks Kaxix for the news. ^_^-Gata signoff.png
I remember reading elsewhere that the reason he did not build it in Tan was his stock was low. Speaking purely as an employee of an LCP, I can confirm that happens way more often than people want. I remember we initially planned our Death Star model to have pure light stone elements only, we ended up using light stone, dark stone and black.It's life, but that's how it works.

bzpsig2015.png

I went to Rome In May but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to visit the Colosseum inside. Still the reproduction is pretty accurate.@Swert It has happened to me building small things so I can imagine the problems with that high number of pieces. However it is a pity.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Amazing! I can't believe somebody could get something that accurate. :wow:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Other than the life-size Hakann model, this is probably one of the most impressive System creations I've ever seen!

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Wow, that's definitely one the more amazing creations I've seen. The size and quantity of bricks used are amazing, as is the fact that it shows artifacts from both time periods of the Colosseum. The creator certainly must have a lot of time on his hands!~B~