How do you build your sets?

Blitzkitteh

• 3 weeks later...

I usually open all of the bags, put the stuff in a pile, and then follow the instructions. I usually end up with a few extra pieces, but that's all right.:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

• 3 weeks later...
I go bag-by-bag, following the instructions. I'll occasionally just dump all the pieces together if it's a smaller set. newso1.png
Basically this.
Same here, though occasionally I dump all the bags into one pile.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I build my sets one piece at a time, just like everybody else. only I do it logically. (if you must know, yes I will continue this until i get bored with it.)

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I just dump the parts onto the table or something and immediately start building it. It may not be the best strategy because some parts could get lost underneath the other parts.
I used to do that, but now I just go bag by bag.That's what I did with the 2012 Star Wars Skiff.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 3 weeks later...
Make a whole mountain with all the bags and pieces, and throw away do darn building instructions. Never used them.
I take it you've never built the Axalara or the like :P ?I used to pile all of the pieces, but now I go bag by bag. It makes big sets a lot easier.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Make a whole mountain with all the bags and pieces, and throw away do darn building instructions. Never used them.
I take it you've never built the Axalara or the like :P ?I used to pile all of the pieces, but now I go bag by bag. It makes big sets a lot easier.-TLhikan
Yeah. And "with the like" you mean the Rockoh?

-G u u R a h K

Yeah. And "with the like" you mean the Rockoh?
Well, I have the Axalara and the Thornatus. A couple of my other larger sets would have been a mystery without the directions.When I was younger, I tried to keep the set in whatever pose was in the directions. I miss how pretty the 2001 manuals looked...-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*dumps out parts into huge pile*

*pays little brother a shiny quarter and some minifigures to play with to organize by color*

*looks at box and challenges self to build without instructions*

The third part is the most difficult, but it works fairly often. Unless it's Technic...then I end up being a large yellow blob of nothing.

iwRQGDg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well... I remember this one time, way back when, when I got the original Millenium Falcon set from 1999. I was much younger at the time, and I decided to dump every bag into one huge pile. Yeah, that was a mistake, but I had a ton of fun, if some amount of frustration, sitting there for 4 hours straight building it.

Nowadays, when the bags are numbered, which they often are, I guess I generally don't open bag 2 until I've finished bag 1, unless I feel like it. Other than that, and when the bags aren't numbered, I open all the bags at once, but keep the piles seperated. Then I put 'em together, piece by piece.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!