Day Run Player Lounge

Parugi

Huh? Leaving? I didn't say I was leaving. I was just apologizing for not posting as much as I believe I should have for Day Run's potential last week. Definately with all the awesome stuff going on. That was a general farewell to the RPG when it leaves in two days, not a goodbye for today. Silly Parugi. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

You implied it. :PAnyway, now that the Dark Hunters are starting to run into Feranaki, I would like to issue a reminder, demonstrated here by ToD's last post. :P

One of the feranaki leaped from the darkness, aiming to tear the first being it saw to shreds. That happened to be Cannon Fodder. In a flash, the matoran had flipped over the feranki, despite his weight, and placed his longsword through the center of its back. He immediately followed with wrapping one of his chains around its neck and snapping its head from its socket. Next came a kick that flipped it, followed by a dagger stabbed a few times into the bulb. The matoran then flung the corpse into the darkness, likely to be mauled by its companions. Sure, it probably wasn't downed. But that likely put the doubts of the others to rest.

Remember how I said not to treat NPCs like paper? Well, here you go. :3I'll let this kind of attack and response slide the first one or two times because we have the element of surprise (except in Reaper's group, evidently) and so that we can ease back into fighting the Feranaki. But do recall that they are not mindless zombies. Zombies, yes, but not mindless. They are not going to use entirely instinct-based attacks that make them an easy opponent -- that's why such highly skilled Dark Hunters + Khad were sent in the first place; because they are a threat.Respect NPCs. Don't let them not attack at all in a post where you attack multiple times. If you're going to dispatch one in a single post, at least make it somewhat of a challenge.I'll leave it at that. ;3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

...Yeah, er... Basically made it a fluid stream of attacks. Calix and such. Specifically mentioned that the feranaki probably wasn't out. XDBut I'll try to keep that in mind. Sorry 'bout that.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Three stabs to the bulb = a dead Feranaki. Heck, one stab to the bulb = a dead Feranaki. ;)But don't worry about it; I figured I was going to post a reminder at any rate. You jsut happened to psot before me. :PAlthough, do recall with the Calix that just because it makes it easier for someone to do a near impossible physical move, it doesn't increase your speed or decrease the abilities of others to react to what you're doing -- especially when you're right above them. Attacks of opportunity and whatnot. ;3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

'K. XDWell, he used it's momentum to get the chain around its neck. Sword was the first attackk. The rest were flowing. And as these attacks were in rapid succession, I really don't see how it could have responded. I'll keep it in mind and not do it again, though.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Yup, they are. Essentially, they're like the Flood from Halo -- a super-parasite that infects any living thing and brings it under the control of (at least when he was still around) Ruaki. The remaining ones are assumed to be acting on the last orders they were given before Jaeda died, which essentially amount to, "Destroy everyone."ToD: Tentacle-whip upward during flip. ;)Also, IIRC, they don't actually have "necks" to speak of, since the infection forms pushed their heads and necks aside so that there was room in the host's chest for thwem to protrude slightly. But whatevs. :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

True, true.But yeah, as clarification, infinitus, Cannon Fodder didn't actually touch the thing. He wears a full suit of thick armor, so he really couldn't unless they stabbed him or something of the like.

And have fun having Kairan slide for a kio or so (I believe), Blade.

Well, my actual plan is to get under him. If he needs to crawl, he will, but assuming I can get under him, it won't really matter, as my idea will start, even if it begins to cause him to go insane. I would stay out of his way after this unless something happens, though, no matter what the result is... If he gets tossed out, his current mind broken, that. You'd be more likely to be fried than not. =PBut, I'm using a gambit, and hoping it pays off. =)

If you're planning on electrocuting it from underneath, then.... well...

No; as things stood, there was still no effect. Energy and elemental attacks had had their place in a Construct's destruction before; now was the time for physical action, which would bear unknown consequences to those who attempted to get inside of the Construct and take out its core -- as would soon be found out.

Frankly, I think the overall implications about your ability to defeat this one, from the ineffectiveness of these attacks, would have been fairly obvious by now... Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

0_O Okay, must've missed that one then... I'm definitely not on my game today. xDAnd yeah, I had noticed the possibility it was ineffectively, but took the mention of the three parts being more durable as a hint that maybe it just wasn't strong enough. =PHmm. Well, that will force me to think up a new plan, then. Would I be able to, say, stand up, or get 'absorbed' into a position near Khazra? Or would it be impossible?Again, my bad for missing that, I've been swamped by things today; and I still haven't gotten to some other stuff, even though I've been on here for a good 2-3 hours. xD

Don't worry about it. :PAnyway, I'm addressing that question in my next post. But basically, there's virtually no way to get inside of it without getting killed -- the main body is virtually indestructible, so that's out; the bottom, the softest part, is covered in thousands of tentacles, and what does get through to the inside is broken down and eaten, or absorbed.... if you guys haven't figured it out, the implication is that you aren't supposed to beat this one. Which, imo, is perfectly reasonable, considering it's a gigantic floating thing that's bigger than a city district, and whose core is easily the size of any one of you. So... :3

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Ah, I see. That makes sense now. :P Well, might as well try my initial idea then, since everything's futile until maybe Zaydan gets here, as he could probably just try and find a way to bash through the thing. =P But even that only increases the chances to 0.01%. =PI'm assuming that it wouldn't be possible for it to bat Kairan away, let him find out the hard way that new fears have been added, and then stab him into unconsciousness? =P

Oh, face it, ToD; you guys barely beat the Construct from the arena, and that had a far more easily hit weak point. Nothing short of a massive battleship or another Construct is going to be able to destroy this one. :PBut yeah; it would be interesting. But are you willing to play as a character reduced to nothing more than insane rambling?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Touche on the barely beating the other point. =PI still stand by my idea that stabbing it with a huge piece of protosteel would kill it, but the problem is getting up there and getting the iron needed. =PUnless I could just use the metal from the nanobots, and just plain crush it. =P

You've changed things for us before now... hehe.pngBut yeah, he'd go through some type of therapy or something like that. Or it could partial, or temporary. Maybe become Sheogorath-esqe. 'Twould be rather fun, especially considering what he's like right now.Hmm... Could that holdover reward I still have be defeating this thing? =P

Edited by Toa of Dancing

Very, very true. We might've already lost by now in general otherwise. =PBut if Khazra hadn't been defeated, then he wouldn't have been captured likely, which means he wouldn't be the effective core.

Ah, but not everything can be changed.Yes, the insanity is temporary. The longer you're exposed to it, though, the longer it'll take to wear off.You'd need a Nova Blast to affect that many nanobots all at once, Blade.And no, ToD, you can't use the reward to beat it. You can use it to shorten the length of the insanity though. =pAlso, what is with incarnations of Kairan and female Artanians? :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Parugi: Iron Powers: Figured it'd take a huge amount of power. Ah well. =PKairan Stuff: I'm honestly not sure. xD Probably the same reason a lot of green Lightning Toa who happen to be male are named Kairan. =P

It's probably that we'll plain just not be doing anything for three months. =P Unless we pick up the RPG a week after, when everything meets up with the Dark Hunters, and everything gets kicked up to 11...I kinda wish we had this back during the Contest; then we would've had more than just 'we wanna finish', but 'we wanna finish BECAUSE... Look at this!'. =PWhen everyone gets back, and everyone wakes up from maybe comas; then things'll start to become interesting.Also, thing we could have our characters be brought to Tyis Island today, or will that have to wait as well? I wonder if Zaydan and co will be able to go there as well...?

That's true. But, the question then is, what if the team was split in half? Suya and Vertak go to the base to debate that; Zanth and Zaydan go to talk about the potential alliance with the Guild and allied people?I mean, Zanth and Alan were initially going to talk, and since Alan's insane now, it fits that someone else would have to take his place... Who better than the Guild?

Oh yeah, that... Well, Zanth could come to the cell in which Alan will likely be held. I'm thinking his spurts of insanity are going to be random, being triggered by certain things. Otherwise, he'll be normal, but to avoid hurting others he wants to be locked in a cell.

I'm not sure if insanity can be controlled. =P But yeah, that's a possibility. Kairan's likely gonna be in a coma for a while, if only because of a combination of the fear attack, and the effect of the actual attack. Because being slammed away has to hurt as well, even if he survived, what was it, two explosions? =P

Here's how I see things working out if we get another season...1. First month back is spent doing everything else that needs to be done for the current IC day. So we will be picking up from here.2. Last two months are spent dealing with the last IC day, which will be a week after the current one. In other words, a time-skip to a week later.Damages to Alan and Kairan can and probably will be cleared up in that time skip, because the story isn't going on for three months in-game. :P But no; they could go to either the Day Run infirmary or the Guild's headquarters to be healed; the Day Run seems, to me, like it would be a better option. I'm jsut waiting for a response from Eryn to get moving.In answer to the Zanth thing -- literally anyone else in the group could come in Alan's place. Although by now I'm thinking the meeting's just going to be dashed -- it doesn't make sense that they would've stayed where they were both with having been called to help Vertak and with the Searcher appearing, so Zanth and Suya are off doing something right now.To answer ibrow's question in the main topic -- he could wear the Eyes around his neck, but he's going to end up being hunted by a lot of people if he goes around like that. Although chances are he's going to end up being hunted, anyway...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

1. Well, I personally think the Guild might be better, considering Kairan was asking about joining, and that's probably going to be the only way to really heal Kairan right at this moment. =P Plus, a plan needs to be made, and since the guild is where everyone's probably gathering now...2. So, Zanth might be able to meet up with Zaydan at the guild? If we're headed there now, that is. Because while yet another mystery might be good, there's one thing I wish to have solved before the RPG ends, however quick it might have to be. And if only because I've been wanting to have that sorted out since Zaydan left to find Vertak. xD