Day Run Player Lounge

Parugi

I think thats what he was talking about when he said "A step to the left".Is he a mix of all the people that got killed by all the other Lyxeks from other dimensions?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

He was not created by an alternate Lyxek, nor is he the result of all the beings that were killed by the Lyxeks of other dimensions, though he is an AI. You guys are thinking too far outside the box; think about who, in this universe, might have made him. And yes, the Director is the Director. You have that part right, Kal. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

The character is still alive and is a DR/NR character. At this point I think I'll give one more hint before stopping my hint-giving; otherwise I'm eventually going to end up spoiling it. :P Also does Alan have a death wish or something? Considering he's low on elemental energy from the Arena/Khazra fights I would think he wouldn't have been so keen on angering what appears to be one of the most powerful beings on the island. :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Well, he did... Anyways, as explained, he figured the Director would kill him in any case if he wanted to do so. Luck is luck. Also, the answer to that question could drastically change what I was thinking. XD Also, probably not Elithes. I'm thinking more along the lines of Kovian?

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Nope to both Kovian and Elithes. You should take note of the fact that the Director didn't flat-out kill Alan like he did with Nenda and Roen. That'll be important later on. :P Also, to answer your question in the RPG topic, ToD -- no, the Day Run doesn't recharge elemental power. Physically healing virtually anything, yes, because if they didn't there would be a whole lot more dead contenders, but they basically have no reason to try and figure out a way to create a public re-energizing system.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Skarloth: Whenever the current one ends. Badger Kal and Blade. :P

Hey, more a matter of 'badger Kal' at the moment, than both of us. =P I might be slow in getting Kairan to the fight, but if Swerv appeared, then we'd be more or less near the end of the fight soon. =P

Well I'm half tempted to just have Kairan collapse, but I want to at least try the trick I'm thinking of... But, if those magnet spheres try and explode and actually affect Kairan, I likely won't have a choice. xD

Hm... I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what's going on (I think since I was never involved with the predecessor rp?). Could someone give me a basic summary or something to help me enter? Oh, and, is there anywhere new citizens are required to register or go to first?

The black sun rises in a crimson sky

On the citizen thing -- nope. Basically once you arrive on the island you're free to do whatever. Unless you're a Ring member, in which case the KNPD will eventually find out about you and hunt you down. :P On the summary -- since things are slow right now I can put together a general explanation of what's going on, broken down by groups. Spoiler'd for size.

Night Ride/the previous RP:Basically revolved around the attempts of Jaeda/Daeja, a Makuta, to obtain the powers of the former God of Death, Ruaki, as a way to take control of the universe through a parasitic species called the Feranaki. Her actions resulted in the deaths of herself, Ruaki, Therapon (a religious zealot who was the amnesiac God of Pride, who overthrew Ruaki with the God of Arrogance's help,) a Vortixx named Dagaeris and a number of other beings, as well as the majority of the Feranaki and by extension caused the disappearance of one of the Night Run's owners, Chabri. The former Ruaki-serving Matoran of Ectoplasm, who previously lived on Gynel though were locked away by Jaeda when she first established the Night Run, were relocated to another island and Gynel itself was quarantined off by the Brotherhood of Makuta. The Night Run was then moved to Kai-Nam and renamed the Day Run. About half-way through the game, a Toa of Ice named Kovian was given an extra-dimensional AI called Illuxio, who is now in the possession of a Ko-Matoran named Elithes. Jaeda's Mask of Night, the Kanohi Nox, was also taken from her dead body by Draxion, an ally of Elithes. Day Run/current RPG:--Day Run (in-game faction):-Reestablished on Kai-Nam as a sort of ally to the KNPD a year before the start of the RPG. -Shortly after arriving on Kai-Nam, a batch of the Day Run's nanobots went missing. While they were eventually located, nothing was missing from the store, and there was nothing present in the warehouse that they had found to indicate who had taken them. -Around eight months ago, Kerid, the Day Run's owner, was approached by Lyxek, the head of the Ring, who offered her a large sum of money to purchase the Day Run's facilities. Kerid refused, setting off hostilities between the Day Run and the Ring. -Shortly after this, the Collector began to appear on a day to day basis, killing civilians and KNPD officers in groups of seven per day. It was recently discovered that the Collector was created from the reverse engineering of the Day Run nanobots, and that he has been modified to release and then absorb soul energy, though the purpose of this is not known. It is heavily suspected that the Collector was created by the Ring. -While investigating the mountains, it was discovered by a group of Day Run contestants and Kerid that Chabri, one of the Night Run's organizers, had been reconstructured into a new, more deadly being named Khazra, who has spent the last few months hunting down AI versions of Lyxek for the Director of the KNPD. They erupted into a conflict, during which Khazra attempted to take Illuxio the AI, who was revealed to be the Lyxek of another dimension, where his plans succeeded and ultimately resulted in the destruction of his universe. -The conflict eventually came to an end when Khazra's lab was caved in, resulting in the Director sending an assassin after Kerid, who is still at the mountain. -It has been hinted that the Ring intends to forcibly take over the Day Run, though it is not known when or if this will actually occur. -On a lighter note, there is currently a match going on between Teams Vigil and Wing, with one remaining member per team. After either Kairan or Swerv fall, the final match of the day will start and the event for tomorrow will be announced. --KNPD:-The current police force on the island, the KNPD is headed by the mysterious Director and was created soon after Lyxek arrived on the island and established the Ring. -Has been known to be very... unethical in how they go about enforcing the law, though there are a few exceptions to the corrupt majority. -After the whole deal with Khazra, it was basically revealed that the Director will go to any lengths to see Lyxek defeated, even going as far as sacrificing anyone and anything on Kai-Nam to see his objective through. -It was also revealed during the recent confrontation between Alan, who was resigning over the Khazra conflict, and the Director that the Director is an AI. He plots to use the Heart to create a new body for himself, as his current one does not allow him to leave the KNPD Citadel, as well as use it to destroy the Ring. -Recently discovered through Lurinost and Sanshou that the mythical Garden of Kai-Nam does, indeed, exist, though what the Director plans to do once he gets this knowledge from them is unknown. -Currently caught up in a number of activities -- recovering and repairing the KNPD Citadel from an attack by the Guild of Tyis and still trying to apprehend criminals on the island, for instance. The Director seems to be planning an attack on a couple of different factions, though, judging from his words and narrations... --The Ring:-Main antagonist organization in the RPG, headed by Lyxek. -While they seem to be a bunch of thugs and gamblers, Lyxek seems to have crafted a very intricate plan to accomplish... something. This has so far involved the stealing and reverse engineering of Day Run nanobots to create the Collector, who has begun to kill beings and collect their soul energy; the collection of a number of powerful artifacts, detailed in the "Heart" seciton below; the recent attacks and thefts on three companies to steal several objects, namely an experimental AI, some kind of energy, and specialized nanobots; and the recruiting of several Dark Hunters to retrieve a rose from Gynel. -Judging from his conversations with the Heart and the warnings from the Sword of Ybrus, it seems that the Ring's plans involved several beings or terms, or at least have been taken note of when the plan was being put together -- such as Keremutu, the story/day/religion of Keremu and rebirth; 'Murshak'; and supposedly the revival of someone or something. -A group of Ring members just finished a mission to capture several Niaka from the Niakar Trinity; some of these are to be used to cause general chaos in City, while others are to be used soon as a distraction for something. -Aren't doing veyr much of note at the current time; however, Lyxek recently killed an assassin from the Guild of Tyis and seems to be closing in on his plans -- both for the Ring's overall plot and his plans for the Day Run and other organizations. -Team Zero:-A group of four beings -- Zanth, Suya, Vertak and Jale -- who are participating in the Day Run. Their team has a knack for having team members die on them -- before Vertak's recruitment, Zanth and Suya had lost five other teammates to various circumstances. -Zanth and Suya have a tendency to disappear; it is thought that they are investigating the actions of the Ring and KNPD, though this is unconfirmed. Judging from what they have told Vertak, they seem to be more interested in finding out about the Garden and Keremutu. -Vertak, on orders from Zanth and Suya, has managed to uncover a large amount of information over the past day, even locating the Legendary Sword of Ybrus, though this was stolen by Dalmia of the Ring soon after. He was, however, given the sword's dark half, which Vertak named Rhindon. -Zanth and Suya recently returned from one of their disappearances to discover the Team Zero hide out in ruins, and have contacted Vertak due to the need to speak with him. -They are currently scheduled to take part in the last Day Run event of the day, though Vertak and Jale are the only two who are planning on participating, unless Jale's player does not show up. -Other:-More people are starting to get suspicious of and fight back against the KNPD and the Ring, including the Guild of Tyis, who attempted to assassinate the leaders of both using their top bounty hunters. Both attacks failed miserably, earning the Guild the wrath of both Lyxek and the Director. -A number of strange creatures have begun to appear in the South District, created by the Collector. After being scanned by Illuxio, it has been revealed that they, too, are made of nanobots and that they are powered by soul energy, much like the Collector himself. The purpose of their appearances is unknown. --The Garden:-A mythical location on Kai-Nam, it is thought to be a place of prosperity within the island, away from the barren wastes above. -Was recently revealed to actually exist, and its location guarded by Matoran called Keepers. Syn, a Matoran of Crystal, is one such Keeper, though he does not speak the common language. -Lurinost and Sanshou recently discovered how to get into it, though they were forced to flee when they discovered two other beings there who were being pursued by a large group of strange creatures. They could only identify the creatures as "Fehrshak" with Syn's help. -The other two beings eventually defeated the monsters and escaped, though it was implied that the things would return. The two beings are also implied to be planning on going back at some point with "the rest of the team." -The Garden is reportedly related to both Keremutu and the Heart. According to the Sword of Ybrus, there is another half of the Heart located there, which can be used to stop the side that has already been found. The relation to Keremutu is not currently known. --The Heart:-The Heart/Ceour d'Ombre is a massive, mechanical heart that is currently in the possession of the Ring. A mythical object, it emanates an aura of evil and darkness, which has a negative psychological and physical effect on everyone but Lyxek. -It is supposedly related to Keremutu, though few beings are sure of this. -It apparently requires a number of objects to activate -- the Sword of Ybrus; the Eyes of Apheer; a special rose; the White and Black Gauntlets; a Mask of Night, which Lyxek referred to as the Mask of Aru; and the Necklace/Gems of Amerdal. -As part of the current tournament's opening match, two beings -- Vailian and Eeko -- were each given a golden glove as prizes for participating in the opening match. These gloves were later collected by Lyxek after he revealed them to be the Black and White Gauntlets, which collected dark and light energy from Vailian and Eeko, respectively. -The Gems of Amerdal were held inside of Team Zero's bunker in the Barrens, though were later stolen by Eremia on Lyxek's orders. -The Sword of Ybrus was held in a warehouse in North District and was being sought after by Dalmia. After beginning to emit progressively stronger pulses of energy in response to a number of occurences on the island, it was tracked down by Vertak of Team Zero, who was the only being unaffected by it. While assisted by Kayzata and Kaelan, it was eventually stolen by Dalmia and brought to Lyxek, though not before Dalmia separated its dark half -- Rhindon -- and creating a copy of the sword, which he gave to Vertak as "payment." -The rose is known to be inside of the same caverns that the Feranaki are trapped in on Gynel. Lyxek has made a contract with the Dark Hunters for them to find and retrieve it, offering a very large amount of money for the gorup if they accomplish the mission. -The Mask of Aru's location is currently unknown, though Lyxek is searching for it; it is thought to be in the possession of a Day Run contestant. -The Eyes of Apheer are publicly rumored to be on one of the islets in Niakar's Trinity, though they have not yet been located.

So yeah. I'm probably missing some stuff, though that's the general plotty plotness of the plot and current events and stuff. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free to say so. :)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Indeed. Though there is some stuff that I intentionally left out -- one thing, for instance, being something that Dalmia implied about a couple of AI to Brother and Sanshou in the other topic when he encountered them... Also, I think there's a bit of confusion in relation to our last two posts, Kal. I meant for the sword to be talking to Vertak, not Brother; that's my fault for not making that clear, though the "little one" should have made it clear. :P The bigger thing, though, is Brother's seeming ability to deflect the sword's attack completely unaffected when 1. it's a legendary object with unimaginable power, as has been stated before, and 2. I had already said the shadow attack consisted of shadow energy that Brother wouldn't be familiar with; considering the sword was once used by a legendary figure, it seems a bit unlikely that Brother would have been able to dabble in the same power stores as he did, especially with the amount of power the blade exhibited even while it was locked up. In short, the entire point of that attack was to showcase the sword's capabilities as a thing of shadow and legends, which becomes completely void if Brother is able to just deflect like he did. ;)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I was just re-reading my Brother posts of that. I totally need to go back to the other topic to see what Dalmia's side of the conversation was. Yeah, I totally missed that the blade was talking to Vertak. Wow, I read it a couple of times when posting and I never once thought that the blade attacked. I thought it just pointed its energy of Brother. Ugh. So sorry. I totally need to re-write that post. As for Brother's past dabblings, I guess I have no real basis for saying that when I haven't written much about his past. Although while he might not have felt this type of power before, he has experienced something on the same level. Once Dreamland gets voted in you shall see. :P And it is an awesome, legendary sword. I need to re-write my post. And like I said, sorry, I didn't even know Brother was being attacked. His pulse of deepened shadows was just a show, it wasn't a counter attack or anything.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

I only know about it because I was looking through the old topic while writing the summary. :P But yeah, don't worry about it. As I said, my post could have been clearer; my apologies. :) And there's that Dreamland again. You really need to get that voted in and signed by President Six. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Also sorry about disappearing like that. We lost our internet connection almost all of Saturday and for a while on Sunday.Back now though, and I suppose I can pull Kaelen out of a plot hole now.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So Khad will still be alone (at least, from PCs) for a day (or more)? Speaking of which, how long will he be off-screen?

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I'm still working on that PC thing; out of the 10 Dark hunters, I have plans for four, maybe five of them. I'll probably give out the last five as player characters. As for how long they'll be gone -- OOC-wise, it'll depend on how long it takes to do everything. Overall, ICly, though, he'll basically be gone for a week -- though we won't be playing through that entire week, as that would prolong the game too much.In other words, in between the time when Khad leaves and returns, we'll play the first one or two days, and then there will be a lull in-story where nothing happens; after Khad gets back, all Karzahni will break loose.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png